Unity Midnight Sin [v0.3.1] [Faerin]

4.30 star(s) 22 Votes
Dec 22, 2021
I just recently started playing the other two games, and since they were well done, I'm interested in this one. These are some of the first western CG games I've played in a very long time, since first game of this type that I played years ago turned into a buggy never-ending Patron mine and turned me off to the whole concept.

Since the other two games were finished I have a bit of hope.

That said, if someone eventually makes a 'divorced dad, returning to help his ex-wife and daughters' mod, I won't be sad, cough cough. It'd be a nice change from all the mother-son-sister stuff, which seems kind of common, though I'm still very new to this scene, so maybe there's a glut of daddy-daughter stuff I just haven't seen.

But I look forward to a hopefully successful new venture. Do your best, Faerin and associates!

Edit: And just from me own personal prefs, variety is good, in ethnicity, boob size, height, thickness and other ways...

Reactions: mumilf101

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
Patreon is just a flailing corpse tbh, needs to die off faster XD
Those fuckers who make 100K+ a month on people cheating them by not actually doing anything for months and months would probably disagree with you.

So would Patreon. Their only fault is to not support incest in games because 1) it's not illegal in games and 2) it is one of the main kinks now.

They DO ALLOW sex with minors though. Even though that is a criminal offense in games ... world wide.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
Those fuckers who make 100K+ a month on people cheating them by not actually doing anything for months and months would probably disagree with you.

So would Patreon. Their only fault is to not support incest in games because 1) it's not illegal in games and 2) it is one of the main kinks now.

They DO ALLOW sex with minors though. Even though that is a criminal offense in games ... world wide.
Patreon once had a monopoly... now it doesn't. The only thing keeping it alive is the lack of a conclusive alternative.

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
Patreon once had a monopoly... now it doesn't. The only thing keeping it alive is the lack of a conclusive alternative.
Which other service has a subscription-based service with (selective) openness regarding how many backers a project has? I know of none. SubscribeStar is honestly not at a level where you can compare it with a monster like Patreon. They may offer the same but they maybe have a hundredth of the projects that Patreon has... which is kind of a shame since Patreon chooses to base their business on old-fashioned, prudish American attitude.

DIRTY Filthy RAT

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 11, 2020
Which other service has a subscription-based service with (selective) openness regarding how many backers a project has? I know of none. SubscribeStar is honestly not at a level where you can compare it with a monster like Patreon. They may offer the same but they maybe have a hundredth of the projects that Patreon has... which is kind of a shame since Patreon chooses to base their business on old-fashioned, prudish American attitude.
Atleast subscribestar doesn’t censor incest and beastiality content

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
How I see it Patreon has it's popularity due to the legion of YTubers they have practically a low cost advertise platform from people which have a lot of followers, and they stated a few years ago clearly that they wanted the whole NSFW section gone or reduced to a minimum.
The other thing what I asociate is that "Subscribe" I'm in in something longterm, and Patronize sounds more free (but these are my thoughts about this)

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sorry, but you don't know what you're talking about and you're talking out of your ass. Maybe reload up MotH and check the special thanks section of that game. Larry (and a few others in this thread, and myself) are original Faerin testers. Faerin does NOT make the incest patches, a fan does. You want incest that bad, then make the patch yourself and stop complaining. He has never made the patch and never will. If you knew anything about coding, you'd know better.
I think you're the one talking out of your ass.

Behold a bit of the MOTH mapping.xml file which is general for his games:

<NPCMappings>
<!-- Ashley -->
<NPCMapping><Label>[2_NAME]</Label><!-- Her name is: --><Text>Ashley</Text></NPCMapping>
<NPCMapping><Label>[2_HER]</Label><!-- I am to her: --><Text>big brother</Text></NPCMapping>
<NPCMapping><Label>[2_ME]</Label><!-- And she is to me: --><Text>little sister</Text></NPCMapping>
<NPCMapping><Label>[2_PLURAL]</Label><!-- Plural --><Text>sisters</Text></NPCMapping>

If you didn't want to support incest, you would not make it possible for the game to support such a file. This is purposedly BY DESIGN to support incest!

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
Not a lot, it's just a tech demo. You need a foundation before you can build a house.
I can literally only meet ONE girl (after noon, in the study, Victoria). And it's a very short meeting with her crashing into MC and acting like a spoiled bitch. I have yet to find any other kind of interaction with one of the women.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
cooperdk you shurely know, then that Faerin has been reported to Patreon censorship back in MotH, the Mapping was there, and has been done from a 3rd party, so don't expect a statement from people directly involved in the game,
just let's hope the Patch for the New Game don't breaks the Story.

Reactions: larry5168

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I can literally only meet ONE girl (after noon, in the study, Victoria). And it's a very short meeting with her crashing into MC and acting like a spoiled bitch. I have yet to find any other kind of interaction with one of the women.
Yes, exactly, its a "Tech Demo", it was testing the basic mechanics and UI. That means THERE IS NO STORY, and he didn't bother throwing in more extra shit that was not part of the game, more than that one meeting as a demo.
You guys wanted to see what he was doing, this is it, we are testing the basic mechanics. This is not a game where you are going to be fucking people on day one. And since we have not even MET the characters in game, why would there be sex? Why would that need to be "tested" at this point in the game?

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017

<NPCMappings>
<!-- Ashley -->
<NPCMapping><Label>[2_NAME]</Label><!-- Her name is: --><Text>Ashley</Text></NPCMapping>
<NPCMapping><Label>[2_HER]</Label><!-- I am to her: --><Text>big brother</Text></NPCMapping>
<NPCMapping><Label>[2_ME]</Label><!-- And she is to me: --><Text>little sister</Text></NPCMapping>
<NPCMapping><Label>[2_PLURAL]</Label><!-- Plural --><Text>sisters</Text></NPCMapping>

If you didn't want to support incest, you would not make it possible for the game to support such a file. This is purposedly BY DESIGN to support incest!
If those are your mappings, you are playing with a patch. Which someone makes by doing unauthorized things to the game, and extracting how the naming works.

Faerin has never provided to his QA group a game that looks like that.

And you can check the credits - yes, I'm there.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
If those are your mappings, you are playing with a patch. Which someone makes by doing unauthorized things to the game, and extracting how the naming works.

Faerin has never provided to his QA group a game that looks like that.

And you can check the credits - yes, I'm there.
Not to mention, there is the original mapping file which is what the "patched" version replaces.
Code:
  <NPCMappings>
    <!-- Ashley -->
    <NPCMapping>
      <Label>[2_NAME]</Label>
      <!-- Her name is: -->
      <Text>Ashley</Text>
    </NPCMapping>
    <NPCMapping>
      <Label>[2_HER]</Label>
      <!-- I am to her: -->
      <Text>roommate</Text>
    </NPCMapping>
    <NPCMapping>
      <Label>[2_ME]</Label>
      <!-- And she is to me: -->
      <Text>roommate</Text>
Which blows the whole "This is purposedly BY DESIGN to support incest!" theory out the water.

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018

<NPCMappings>
<!-- Ashley -->

Well done!!! In calling my friend and colleague an asshole you provided evidence of the fan patch and not the original mapping file. Which one of you is the asshole now?
Not one of us said it wasn't hard to alter the relationships in the mapping file if you know what you're doing. While playing about testing Ashley was my toaster and Veronica was my BMW. I have a mechanical fetish.
All we said was that Faerin when he releases the game it is without incest. How people modify the game after it is in their possesion is up to them.

I can tell you now there isn't one. But are there any interactions in the game with some inanimate objects that you may have missed. Oh sorry you don't want to put your dick in a painting do you? And lets be honest she isn't half the spoiled little bitch you are.

That's not very descriptive. A lot of tech demos have buckets of sexual activities.
Well this isn't one of those. If you have followed the dev over his last two games you would have known that he will always release a tech demo first with little or no content so that the users can try the UI and offer any critiques to it good or bad and the he can alter it accordingly so people get the QoL stuff that they want.
In wrapping up this reply to your three posts I think Obi-Wan said it best.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 22 Votes