Unity Midnight Sin [v0.4.0 Extra] [Faerin]

4.10 star(s) 27 Votes

MajesticPepe

Jul 27, 2022
I really hope Faerin would add MC's mom as a later-on character as the game progresses. Maybe his mom also worked as a retired staff from his bodyguard agency. ;)

Anything can happen. Let us not lose hope.

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020
Looks good, nice and UI, good navigation, Is there any playable content ? I was able to look at all Paintings but that's it
Edit: I just noticed Faerins games always start with "M" funny coincidece
  • MoTH
  • Mystwood Manor
  • Midnight Sin
Mmm :unsure:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: xapican

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
There are too many crappy sandbox games already out there with the endless grind and this won't be any different.
Again - I'm curious how you 'know' this. We don't have any content yet, and Faerin doesn't share future dev plans even with his tester team. Sit back and see what you think as it develops.

*snip*

Question: Do the starting relationship values reflect the final values? I find it hard to believe someone who hates the MC would choose to employ him.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the starting values will change (again, TECH-DEMO), and the gameplay will dictate how those values go up or down.

That leads to an interesting 'game over' type scenario - Madeline catches you banging Annabelle, so she grabs your gun and shoots you.

Makes me wonder what's coming if both her stats ever hit rock-bottom...

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Again - I'm curious how you 'know' this. We don't have any content yet, and Faerin doesn't share future dev plans even with his tester team. Sit back and see what you think as it develops.
I got the impression that the gentleman is generally not a fan of any kind of sandbox and stat collecting game and while it may be possible that Faerin makes a more or less straight VN sandbox this time, I doubt it. The solution would of course be to not spend time in threads of "bad" games but look out for those who have other tags or description blurbs which hint at ease of play.

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
I got the impression that the gentleman is generally not a fan of any kind of sandbox and stat collecting game and while it may be possible that Faerin makes a more or less straight VN sandbox this time, I doubt it. The solution would of course be to not spend time in threads of "bad" games but look out for those who have other tags or description blurbs which hint at ease of play.
True, but I still say wait and see.

There's another well-known dev on the site, that also has a sandbox style, that also releases clockwork updates, and their third game did not include the expected "relations". Still has a pretty good following even though the 'fun-times' are currently getting some negative feedback.

Going by how Faerin's animation-quality increased in MwM, the scenes in this game will be excellent. I have no doubt the game will be interesting. Grind is a matter of perspective, so depending how you define it there may be some here.

Good games on this site are a Marathon, not a sprint. I'm carb-ing up and moisturizing for the race :)

Reactions: TheDevian

Stonerbank

Aug 25, 2017
hhhmmmm, the ages of the characters vary so much that I don't even know how an incest patch would work. I would say the 45 y/o woman could be your wife, but the younger women are still too old to logically be your daughters. I haven't played the game yet to understand people's roles though, I just don't see how an incest patch would be logical without rewriting age. I can't imagine how many patrons would leave though if there was even no fan-made patch. Anyhow, just my 2 cents that no-one may even see =P. Personally, I find the 45 y/o woman looks very homely though. Very much hope there's the ability to avoid characters or give the option to purchase a paper-bag for her to wear.

DrakaF

Dec 4, 2020
Good games on this site are a Marathon, not a sprint.
I guess for you and some other guys here this game will be a Triathlon; testing/playing, giving feedback and explaining the game.
I appreciate the work you all did with MM.
I'm carb-ing up and moisturizing for the race :)
I'll take a seat in the trailer and most likely enjoy each update.

erisedxes

Mar 17, 2018
I don't like the event trigger mechanism of Mystic Manor, but I liked 2 things of that game
1) the first few release is solid tech demo which not much change afterwards (prevent full restart the game)
2) the model skin texture

I hope this game can follow this 2 good points.

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
oooookkkkk,
|So how do I play this then, no instructions, clicking on anyone does nothing, all I can do is go from room to room and look at a painting.

Savor

Jan 30, 2018
did this one won the patreon voting for next game?
because i remember that fantasy kingdom(or similiar name) won the public vote by a large margin.

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
oooookkkkk,
|So how do I play this then, no instructions, clicking on anyone does nothing, all I can do is go from room to room and look at a painting.
As has been stated, there is no content yet. The first couple releases (March/April) were spent hammering out some technical processes, location specifics, flow, and other such 'stuff'. The one thing I will say - there is something to discover: Some rooms have something to click on; take note of that for the future (yes, shameless tease!).

did this one won the patreon voting for next game?
because i remember that fantasy kingdom(or similiar name) won the public vote by a large margin.
There were several rounds of voting. I can't quote them all to you, but once the finals happened, this was what won.

Savor

Jan 30, 2018
Why can't the bodyguard be the son? He own a security agencies and their family just happen to need a bodyguard... Idk.. doesn't seem too farfetched... ipatch is happening.. no doubt. :BootyTime:
by the look of his age, he's more likely to be the dead father.
or mom got pregnant at the age of 9 :Kappa:

4.10 star(s) 27 Votes