Unity Midnight Sin [v0.4.0 Extra] [Faerin]

4.10 star(s) 27 Votes

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Quick question please. I am stuck on trying to get into Annabelle's room at 15:00. I have been kicked out by Kate but the hint has not changed - still saying I need to get the spare laptop. Nothing about the cleaning emergency so when I click on the toilet paper I just see the plush message. Any idea what I am missing?
Have you talked to Olivia about borrowing her laptop?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: TheDevian

J_M

Oct 8, 2017
I might be wrong here but, at the moment, the game feels to me a bit too linear for my taste. I would like to feel that developing the relationship with one of the characters is not dependent on increasing the relationship with any other...

lyzko

Feb 18, 2018
You need to collect the books, and put them on the shelf.
The only one i found was under Madeline pillow. Check on walkthrough and still no idea where other is. I try click on the one under Annabelle arm when she study but nothing. And to be clear i got "There is nothing i can do to improve my relationship with her right now." with everyone
edit. ok first i need to interact with shelf oh boi

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
The only one i found was under Madeline pillow. Check on walkthrough and still no idea where other is. I try click on the one under Annabelle arm when she study but nothing. And to be clear i got "There is nothing i can do to improve my relationship with her right now." with everyone
edit. ok first i need to interact with shelf oh boi
Yeah, your character needs to know you need them. And you will want to put them on the shelf as you get them to some degree.

seagull_58

Jul 25, 2017
Thanks for clarifying. I somehow understood that the paintings are connected with colors, and there are more of them than in the color code. But I never suspected that this had something to do with the index numbers of the books.... Interesting approach....

Reactions: Sycho

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Thanks for clarifying. I somehow understood that the paintings are connected with colors, and there are more of them than in the color code. But I never suspected that this had something to do with the index numbers of the books.... Interesting approach....
You're welcome. Glad I could help. :)

I surprised myself by having the thought to look up if that was a thing online, lol. It was an interesting puzzle.
Yeah, there are some examples of the colors from different cultures related to each of the sins you can find online. Personally, I wasn't aware of that when we were testing that part of the game, though I knew green was associated with envy and red was associated with wrath or rage. I hate to admit it, but I actually had to DM Faerin for a little help with that one. He knows how much I like to play scary point and click escape games, so he was surprised I couldn't figure it out. I know he told us very early on that the paintings would play an important part in the game, I just didn't know when, where or how. lol

When I was originally looking at the paintings during testing of the puzzle, I was paying more attention to what (if anything) was around/or in them that had the numbers 1-7 in it, instead of looking at the colors themselves. :ROFLMAO:

Like this shot, for example:
Note the 3 candles. That's what I was looking at. lol But if you look at the other paintings, there are no candles around them. So I'm like, "well that can't be it".

Last edited:

Logan1377

Feb 13, 2023
You're welcome. Glad I could help. :)

Yeah, there are some examples of the colors from different cultures related to each of the sins you can find online. Personally, I wasn't aware of that when we were testing that part of the game, though I knew green was associated with envy and red was associated with wrath or rage. I hate to admit it, but I actually had to DM Faerin for a little help with that one. He knows how much I like to play scary point and click escape games, so he was surprised I couldn't figure it out. I know he told us very early on that the paintings would play an important part in the game, I just didn't know when, where or how. lol

When I was originally looking at the paintings during testing of the puzzle, I was paying more attention to what (if anything) was around/or in them that had the numbers 1-7 in it, instead of looking at the colors themselves. :ROFLMAO:

Like this shot, for example:
Note the 3 candles. That's what I was looking at. lol But if you look at the other paintings, there are no candles around them. So I'm like, "well that can't be it".
Yeah, I had the same thought about green and red, so I thought, well are there other colors associated with the others? I'd never come across that before, but I found the answer pretty quickly, and then it was just a matter of matching up the numbers in the puzzle. I felt proud, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: TheDevian and Sycho

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Yeah, I had the same thought about green and red, so I thought, well are there other colors associated with the others? I'd never come across that before, but I found the answer pretty quickly, and then it was just a matter of matching up the numbers in the puzzle. I felt proud, lol.
I know the feeling. When I got the pass code, I was like, "Hot damn! I'm celebrating with a beer or 5 tonight!" :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 27 Votes