Unity Midnight Sin [v0.4.3] [Faerin]

4.10 star(s) 34 Votes

RYOUSC

Jan 11, 2021
1. Where is this "Main directory" that I suppose to put the patch file in? I'm not familiar with Unity game.

2. Is this game written to be incest (albeit half-incest, I guess)? Not at all? Or just an awful attempt to be both simultaneously and end up just being ambiguous?

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
1. Where is this "Main directory" that I suppose to put the patch file in? I'm not familiar with Unity game.
It's the game's folder... The folder that you go into where the game's files are, including the .exe file (thing you use to run the game).

2. Is this game written to be incest (albeit half-incest, I guess)? Not at all? Or just an awful attempt to be both simultaneously and end up just being ambiguous?
Incest is any immediate blood relation, which includes half-siblings.
It started with the girls being half-sisters to the MC, so it's safe to say it's supposed to be that.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I noticed a weird behavior with my graphics card in the fight scene. Specifically, as soon as the actual fight starts my graphics card usage spikes and I get a lot of coil whine. This doesn't happen with anything else I play.

It's a 3080, so I've played Red Dead Redemption 2 in 4k without issues, nor have I noticed problems in any other game, but with this scene in this game even on the lowest settings and resolution dropped down to 720p I get noticeable coil whine and a big jump in gpu usage as soon as the fight starts.

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed anything similar. If not my card might need some attention.

View attachment 3994626
Weird... I still have a 1060 and I didn't notice anything like that when I played it.

brimdonicus

Aug 2, 2017
im stuck at the part where it says Victoria likes to take selfies in her room. i go in at 2300 but i dont get an event?

NVM figured it out

Last edited:

patchman

Sep 15, 2021
I've been playing and am currently after the second Annabelle model painting.

So, first off, where do the maids sleep? Are they live-ins? There's no room for them. Because the blackmail happends odd hours and supposedly they shouldn't be around if they aren't live-ins.

Secondly, the MC is a security expert but has done almost nothing so far to use said expertise other than to find the corridors. Every time he's blackmailed afterwards he's just sitting there on his room pondering the ramifications of each new task, instead of I don't know, rushing to the basement since there's apparently only one exit!? Or going to the mall for some spycams or sth and putting one next to the storage unit door? Instead he's just sitting back, twiddling his thumbs and getting stressed over losing his job even though at first he was thinking about who is blackmailing him and why. He also thought there were hidden cams, but he doesn't check for them. I suppose finding the peeping corridors is enough to dispel the hidden cam theory but still, prior to that, there was no inspection attempt. Security expert and bodyguard are not the same. Also it's funny to me that he's hired as security expert, lives in the same house, yet when he goes into Madeline's room, he can't find an excuse other than "I want to talk to you". How about knowing the layout of the house in case of emergency? That should have been an easy excuse for someone of his line of work.

Thirdly, he does find the previous Maid leaving odd, but never attempts to figure it out. We time skip so much, we could have gone out and found out things about this instead. Or perhaps try to spy on Kate a bit more. I guess this might be sth for a future update, but it's a bit wasteful to know about Kate so early, yet be able to do nothing than spy on her in any room without any new clues. Not to mention, the fact that you only find her snooping through your stuff so late in the game instead of the beginning, right after you move, makes no sense as well. Unless she goes through them all the time, but you just don't chance upon it anymore after the first time you catch her.

Last edited:

Mohman

Jul 6, 2021
you can't keep issuing the full file for 8 minutes update in the game, please do the nessasary to issue an update only package, as per other big files developers does

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
you can't keep issuing the full file for 8 minutes update in the game, please do the nessasary to issue an update only package, as per other big files developers does
Um, no. I don't expect that is going to happen, but he does what he can to keep the game small.

PaxHadrian17

Engaged Member
Sep 8, 2020
Another option is to wait for a few updates so you get '24' minutes of update...

I know I am not playing all the existing content with each release as I am letting the dev 'fill in the blanks' for the times/days where a single update might have little to no content.

Once MS is complete, I will go with a brand-new start so I can experience the completed AVN.

Cheers!! :coffee:

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
How feasible that is will depend a lot on what engine you use, how you set up the technical structure of your game, etc. Some games run fine that way, others don't. And it usually isn't the first concern of a dev to make it happen since it will not have an impact on the final project, just be some minor convenience during development.

Also please don't forget that this is a game you usually pay for. While Faerin and his team are active here, pirates and leechers are not the major target audience when thinking about changing your working habits.

Logan1377

Feb 13, 2023
Curious. Maybe that's from the difference between youtube or a book then. For me it's just how well it's written.
Well, I don't generally watch any Youtube unless its a video explaining how to do something. Don't watch much TV any more either. However, I would equate the experience with both formats more closely to a book than to what's considered a game, because of the lack of control that the user has. You're just passively experiencing the story, rather than being actively engaged. And that active engagement has always been why I'm more drawn to video games as my thing rather than the others.

Fappable One

May 14, 2020
I noticed a weird behaviour with my graphics card in the fight scene. Specifically, as soon as the actual fight starts my graphics card usage spikes and I get a lot of coil whine. This doesn't happen with anything else I play.

It's a 3080, so I've played Red Dead Redemption 2 in 4k without issues, nor have I noticed problems in any other game, but with this scene in this game even on the lowest settings and resolution dropped down to 720p I get noticeable coil whine and a big jump in gpu usage as soon as the fight starts.

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed anything similar. If not my card might need some attention.

View attachment 3994626
Your stat lines scares me a bit, and has me worried for my PC :eek:
Anyone here can correct me on this since I'm not a PC tech wizard, but if I were you I would not do the fights & settle for the skip. Shouldn't be that high imo

Here what mine look like: beginning, half, and finish. I originally wasn't gonna include post-fight but noticed a spike there too for some reason :cautious:
Compare to yours it looks mostly normal from my end (I think)

Lastly I barely touched anything in the settings

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
Your stat lines scares me a bit, and has me worried for my PC :eek:
Anyone here can correct me on this since I'm not a PC tech wizard, but if I were you I would not do the fights & settle for the skip. Shouldn't be that high imo

Here what mine look like: beginning, half, and finish. I originally wasn't gonna include post-fight but noticed a spike there too for some reason :cautious:
Compare to yours it looks mostly normal from my end (I think)

Lastly I barely touched anything in the settings
There's nothing to worry about in those images.
HD videos on Youtube also use your GPU.

At worst, that guy was just experiencing a Unity Engine quirk.

4.10 star(s) 34 Votes