Fan Art Milfy City: Fan-Art & Assets Thread

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes
Jun 25, 2018
Honest question, and I don't know if this was answered a hundred pages ago, but how long does it take for the various fan-art creators here to make 1 of these images? I know nothing about creating/shaping an existing 3D model so is it a matter of minutes or hours?

Reactions: algunas_cosas

Willibrordus

Feb 17, 2020
Honest question, and I don't know if this was answered a hundred pages ago, but how long does it take for the various fan-art creators here to make 1 of these images? I know nothing about creating/shaping an existing 3D model so is it a matter of minutes or hours?
The re-creation of one of these characters can already take hours, but that's only once since that can be saved to be re-used.
Depending on the complexity of what I try to make creating a scene easily adds several hours to that for each picture.
I've had scenes I worked days on even.
I can only speak for myself though. Caroline Render 02b.jpg
This is the first one of Caroline I ever made many months ago. It"s somewhere in this thread already if you take the time to go through it.

Falcon6

Mar 15, 2018
It depends on what you are actually asking, because your question could have many different answers. It could even be weeks or months depending on what exactly you are asking. I'll give you an "in-depth" longer answer in the spoiler below, so it doesn't make my post so long.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2018
The re-creation of one of these characters can already take hours, but that's only once since that can be saved to be re-used.
Depending on the complexity of what I try to make creating a scene easily adds several hours to that for each picture.
I've had scenes I worked days on even.
I can only speak for myself though.
This is the first one of Caroline I ever made many months ago. It"s somewhere in this thread already if you take the time to go through it.

It depends on what you are actually asking, because your question could have many different answers. It could even be weeks or months depending on what exactly you are asking. I'll give you an "in-depth" longer answer in the spoiler below, so it doesn't make my post so long.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks for the replies, and I appreciate the depth you guys went into.
Your #2 was more what I was asking, Falcon. I don't really have an interest in learning Daz at the moment because my creative smut time is already tapped on my erotica series. I just saw a few people post multiple new fanarts on here at once in quick succession that it got me curious how quick they were to create. While I might not go on to use it myself, I like learning about the nuts and bolts of different creative mediums.

Oct 9, 2018
A lot of it depends on the technology you are using, and the complexity of your scene, especially in terms of lighting. If you look at a lot of my older work until just about a couple months ago, all my scenes involved only people models and a few props, no environment or background included, with only the camera headlamp lighting the scene. These took a few hours because I was using a very old computer that overheated easily and had very little RAM. Since I started using my new computer, I can render much more complex renders and only take 1-2 hours to complete them. So it varies a lot with what your computer is optimized to do, how many GPUs you have, and many other factors.

That's just in terms of rendering, which the computer does. If you want to talk about the actual process you have to put in to shape a character and create a scene you like, that's a very different story. Daz is much more intuitive than a lot of other technology, so you can create decent renders even as a beginner, but it will still take hours, if not days, when you first start out. Especially shaping your character and making it look how you want takes a very long time. In addition, posing the scene can be very meticulous, even with pose-packs. However, once you've made the character once, you can reuse it in all your scenes, so that cuts down the time a lot. Still, if you want to create work that you'll be really proud of, it is a heavy time commitment. Frankly, if you look at my work, I was fine sharing work that ended up being a bit sloppy, especially when I couldn't render super fast, so I put a far smaller time commitment in than most people, but if you want to produce high quality work, you need to put in a lot of effort

Reactions: WIRProductions
5.00 star(s) 5 Votes