j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Lets agree on one basic principle:

You charge 1 a month, you UPDATE 1 a MONTH.
Not really, no. The problem simply is that certain plotlines etc. need time to develope. And I'd rather wait 3 months for a really good and conclusive update with a lot of content, than getting that same content split into 3 smaller updates which each on its own aren't good. The work and time invested will be the same, but the player experience will be different.

That's why there's no perfect soltion. If it was just about updates, some devs would simply release updates, no matter wether it makes sense or not. That's not helping either.

That said, nothing stops you personally from only pledging when there's an update. It's just a few clicks to cancel and renew a pledge.

Deleted member 833007

Aug 20, 2018

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Why bother quoting my post then? Must be blind if anyone can't read my posts.
You're new here, so I'll cut you some slack.

Insulting people is NOT a good way to get your point across.

About the pics - put as many as you like in your post, but I suggest you put them in a spoiler so they don't dominate the post. If you have just a couple, put them in a signature (click your name at the top right, then click Signature in the list on the left).

J..D

Naughty Attic Gaming
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
Sometimes I get all three of mine. It's also handy having them as URL links to the game in question.
True,
And think it's fun that people use them, but i think it's even more fun that i have the ability to disable them (Same reason why i use add-blocks ... I don't like all that shit cluttering up my screen).
But more and more people just starting to use those signatures in every normal post, so annoying..

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
True,
And think it's fun that people use them, but i think it's even more fun that i have the ability to disable them (Same reason why i use add-blocks ... I don't like all that shit cluttering up my screen).
But more and more people just starting to use those signatures in every normal post, so annoying..
I agree that it can get irritating to see them plastered all over the place. It's fine that you'd like people to know what you're into but using a post as a image fandump like Sephiroth VII did above is really... Intrusive. True, there are more than three games on this site that I'm into but they are my favourites.
Maybe I'm just too used to seeing them so it doesn't bother me as much but when looks interesting and the fan image isn't also a URL is when I get annoyed.

Anyway, we're getting off topic. I'm looking forward to ICSTOR doing what he feels like doing when he comes back.

privitude

Jun 26, 2017
The thing is, the price I want to pay is "what it takes to get the game made." If that means $5 a month for two years and I end up paying $120 for a game everyone's going to get for free? Honest to God, I am 100% OK with that, because I have supported a small business. I'm all about supporting developers.

It doesn't start being a problem until the developer starts slowing down, working on other projects and then quits. Whether it's because they got tired of working on it, or they had health problems, or they had "health problems" (put in quotation marks because I know this is often code for "I just really didn't want to do it anymore and figure no one will question me if I say this"); and then whatever I've put into it is just gone and I have shit all to show for it.

The "pay per update" model is certainly an option. As I recall, that's how Patreon actually started. You set an amount you paid per update, up to a limit. The problem there being that it puts pressure on the developers to rush things out the door before they're ready, and you get a stream of crap updates. I dunno, maybe that would be the best way of doing it. Pay per major update; even if it meant more small updates and bug fixes; it'd at least let your sponsors know how you're progressing.

Sephiroth VII

Apr 23, 2019
You're new here, so I'll cut you some slack.

Insulting people is NOT a good way to get your point across.

About the pics - put as many as you like in your post, but I suggest you put them in a spoiler so they don't dominate the post. If you have just a couple, put them in a signature (click your name at the top right, then click Signature in the list on the left).
Aha cool cool do your thing.

pandor666

May 6, 2017
some people saw aliens too...

There should be Threat only update info - no opinions - no stupid stuff - no thoughts about - no stupid questions just update info nothing more.
And another Hydepark Threat looking like this one now.
To read one important thing like new info/image/etc i need to rummage in the dumpster...

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
some people saw aliens too...

There should be Threat only update info - no opinions - no stupid stuff - no thoughts about - no stupid questions just update info nothing more.
And another Hydepark Threat looking like this one now.
To read one important thing like new info/image/etc i need to rummage in the dumpster...
This is a game discussion thread for users to discuss topics related to the game that includes the developer, reasons for delay, opinions on the game, opinions on the dev, whatever they want to discuss that is related to this game and it's development.

pandor666

May 6, 2017
Yes, so one: "game discussion" Thread
and one:
"Only Info about game with no Discussion" for comments use "game discussion" Thread
where u will find only: Info about new releases, art/comments/stuff by game author , pools etc and all comments about it in "game discussion" so when u read 1 short Thread u know all about game and nothing about what people think of it.

3.80 star(s) 404 Votes