fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
... and also if he had more help. ICSTOR may be a top tier artist, but he is shit at communicating, yet doesn't have a community manager, he is shit at managing resources, yet doesn't have a project manager or better even a supervisor.
We don't know how effectively he manages resources, I feel. Writer and coder contractors are brought in, he has Admins/Mods for his Discord, but the rest seems to be his own work. He does appear to be highly hands-on to the overall process.

Further,. he obviously prefers to plan and communicate in his own fashion, which is just another style and highly open-ended. Even some of the better communicating Devs often keep their release dates fuzzy until near the end and nobody goes apeshit when adjustments are needed (Luxee comes to mind). Not everyone is MrDots, that is.

jamiryuu

Sep 11, 2017
I tend to disagree, true, Sarah is young and still a virgin with her first "boyfriend" being the MC. Caroline on the other hand , She is in her mid to late 20's, she's had a few boyfriends and gained experience. I know of no woman that hasn't, that would be in her place. So, to call her a slut implies way to much, remember assumption is the mother of all fuck-ups.
Caroline kinda fucks her brother so calling her a slut doesn't bother me a lot..

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Thermophob

Ryü Alucard

Jul 9, 2017
The dude has no accountability, at least a post anouncing the delay, but doesnt even have guts for that. If by 31 August he doesn't at least say something, I'm canceling my sub for good. You gotta know your responsabilities, if he made promises of August release, and doesn't fulfill it, we at least deserve some fucking explanations.

Ryü Alucard

Jul 9, 2017
The dude has no accountability, at least a post anouncing the delay, but doesnt even have guts for that. If by 31 August he doesn't at least say something, I'm canceling my sub for good. You gotta know your responsabilities, if he made promises of August release, and doesn't fulfill it, we at least deserve some fucking explanations.
And not only at the last day.

sarge87

Apr 27, 2017
We don't know how effectively he manages resources, I feel. Writer and coder contractors are brought in, he has Admins/Mods for his Discord, but the rest seems to be his own work. He does appear to be highly hands-on to the overall process.

Further,. he obviously prefers to plan and communicate in his own fashion, which is just another style and highly open-ended. Even some of the better communicating Devs often keep their release dates fuzzy until near the end and nobody goes apeshit when adjustments are needed (Luxee comes to mind). Not everyone is MrDots, that is.
We know at least that he manages his resources so poorly that he did not allow himself some rest in the last years and had to take a prolonged emergency break.
That's why I suggested a supervisor of some kind, someone who oversees the whole scope of this game and has an eye for potential pitfalls and shortcomings. His polls have also been truly awful - like borderline stupid - so far and that also shows me that he doesn't seem to grasp the full picture of his project/game.
Full disclaimer: I know that he will never engage someone who would help out with that.

For someone who has such a large fanbase, it's odd that he does not seem to see the necessity of a decent community manager. ICSTOR himself comes across as a rather introverted - even shy maybe - type of dev and I'm utterly astonished that he has no one handling his PR.
I mean his Discord is fine, it's heavily moderated by his admins and the most stupid people there are getting muted or banned just fine.
Kudos to Dasati et al. btw, I sometimes wonder how you guys can keep your sanity :ROFLMAO:
But his Patreon posts are just bad and unprofessional, as example take the last big one. Every smart person that can read between the lines knew that this update would get delayed, but he never actually announced it officially ... and today is August 29th. That is just unprofessional.
He has freelancers who help out with the writing and coding, why the hell doesn't he have someone doing the communication? A part-timer (as in max. 10h per week) would be more than enough.

Sheperdxgn

Mar 24, 2018
I'm more amazed at how many times this update has been pushed back and how long the lengths were, it was originally slatted to release early 2019 then he had to take a break for health reasons(can't blame him for that) then it was pushed to June/July Mid June rolls through then we find out it's being pushed back to august for a reason no one asked for, the only difference between then and now is Icstor let people know a month in advance of the delay right now there's two days left if the 31st rolls through with no word on the ETA I'm sure there will be a lot of ticked off patrons. I said it once and I'll say it again I have no problem with his work management it's his lack of communication that's the problem the main form of communication we get from him is preview shots which seems more to appease the crowd then anything else.

NorthernGent

Jan 13, 2018
Way back on March 15th I wrote:
Maybe by the end of the month,... but don't hold your breath. The creator says 60% done on v0.6.
for witch I was questioned about by followers of this forum. Their contention was the Developer was good and a hard worker... Well, since that time the 'good and hard worker' has progressed 30% with (by his figures) 10% until the next update (if it ever happens). At the rate he has progressed over the past five months and fourteen days (167 days) to accomplish the 30%, you MIGHT expect to see the update on or around October 20th (or so... maybe!!!)

Reactions: Jaun Karr

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
We know at least that he manages his resources so poorly that he did not allow himself some rest in the last years and had to take a prolonged emergency break.
Honestly, I don't know how anyone can reasonably make that assumption: he does most of the production work and eventually got burned out. Unless we hear that he hires people to also help with production and/or rendering, he worked for years and finally hit a wall. Some people don't want to delegate certain jobs and desire complete control over parts of the process to get their desired outcomes. I think ICSTOR is at least partially like that.
I have caused my own health issues from trying to do too much by myself, as well - it's frustrating and I hate experiencing the fact that my body has limits holding me back from things I otherwise know how to do. We're human and not always the best at keeping care of ourselves.

That's why I suggested a supervisor of some kind, someone who oversees the whole scope of this game and has an eye for potential pitfalls and shortcomings. His polls have also been truly awful - like borderline stupid - so far and that also shows me that he doesn't seem to grasp the full picture of his project/game.
Full disclaimer: I know that he will never engage someone who would help out with that.
He could possibly benefit from a project manager or co-production coordinator, but I guess his personality doesn't lend to it (or, he doesn't see the need). As you said, he's never shown an inclination to release the reigns for sharing with another person.

For someone who has such a large fanbase, it's odd that he does not seem to see the necessity of a decent community manager. ICSTOR himself comes across as a rather introverted - even shy maybe - type of dev and I'm utterly astonished that he has no one handling his PR.
I mean his Discord is fine, it's heavily moderated by his admins and the most stupid people there are getting muted or banned just fine.
Kudos to Dasati et al. btw, I sometimes wonder how you guys can keep your sanity :ROFLMAO:
But his Patreon posts are just bad and unprofessional, as example take the last big one. Every smart person that can read between the lines knew that this update would get delayed, but he never actually announced it officially ... and today is August 29th. That is just unprofessional.
He has freelancers who help out with the writing and coding, why the hell doesn't he have someone doing the communication? A part-timer (as in max. 10h per week) would be more than enough.
Because that's just something he doesn't see as necessary - I mean, look at his current subscription levels, for example. We can all suggest ideas to help improve his workflow and community outreach, but he's been pretty consistent in these areas for awhile, save the recent burnout rest need. I agree it would be nice for him to up his communications and planning games, but this is his style and it's still working for him, so my guess is there's nothing at this juncture motivating him to change.

Ryü Alucard

Jul 9, 2017
I'm more amazed at how many times this update has been pushed back and how long the lengths were, it was originally slatted to release early 2019 then he had to take a break for health reasons(can't blame him for that) then it was pushed to June/July Mid June rolls through then we find out it's being pushed back to august for a reason no one asked for, the only difference between then and now is Icstor let people know a month in advance of the delay right now there's two days left if the 31st rolls through with no word on the ETA I'm sure there will be a lot of ticked off patrons. I said it once and I'll say it again I have no problem with his work management it's his lack of communication that's the problem the main form of communication we get from him is preview shots which seems more to appease the crowd then anything else.
Exactly, I'm not mad at the delays (of course, they suck) but it happens. However, as a creator, you need to realize there are people expecting something, and counting on you, I think we at minimum deserve some communication and honesty.

sarge87

Apr 27, 2017
Honestly, I don't know how anyone can reasonably make that assumption: he does most of the production work and eventually got burned out. Unless we hear that he hires people to also help with production and/or rendering, he worked for years and finally hit a wall. Some people don't want to delegate certain jobs and desire complete control over parts of the process to get their desired outcomes. I think ICSTOR is at least partially like that.
I have caused my own health issues from trying to do too much by myself, as well - it's frustrating and I hate experiencing the fact that my body has limits holding me back from things I otherwise know how to do. We're human and not always the best at keeping care of ourselves.

He could possibly benefit from a project manager or co-production coordinator, but I guess his personality doesn't lend to it (or, he doesn't see the need). As you said, he's never shown an inclination to release the reigns for sharing with another person.

Because that's just something he doesn't see as necessary - I mean, look at his current subscription levels, for example. We can all suggest ideas to help improve his workflow and community outreach, but he's been pretty consistent in these areas for awhile, save the recent burnout rest need. I agree it would be nice for him to up his communications and planning games, but this is his style and it's still working for him, so my guess is there's nothing at this juncture motivating him to change.
I concur, it seems that his personality just doesn't allow for more people helping him. He probably would see them as a nuisance rather than assistance.
But not knowing one's own limits is a flaw and something a potential supervisor would have likely prevented.

And let's be honest here, he is at the helm of a high six figure company/brand and runs it as if he was still making Incest Story 1. As a six sigma black belt at work this rubs me the wrong way, but his success proves him right, so per definition I'm in the wrong.

tomo65

Dec 29, 2016
Nothing jaded or otherwise intended here, just a thought... I'm actually glad i didn't restart my sub after he "came back" since it's pretty much the same pattern, 0.6 delayed even further most likely and now just wait for 0.7 to be the last update there is before he decides there is "a more exciting project" he wants to pursue.

Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017

I have used the universal translator to decipher this mess.
wne1C-1443805293-459-blog-startrek_universaltranslator.png
Translation = "He has become so lazy. That he can't even be bothered to communicate properly. For reasons." End translation

He does appear to be highly hands-on to the overall process.
As for this :ROFLMAO:

tenor (2).gif

he has Admins/Mods for his Discord,
headsman-clipart-cartoons-3.png

Last edited:

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018

News #16 - Update

Hey everyone, it’s almost the end of the month so I wanted to give you guys a quick update.

The progress is going really well. Since my last update we have doubled the size of the next release to over 2000 images (and still growing!)
Unfortunately, we haven't managed to get everything completed this month so we have to push this release a little bit. But as I said before you can cancel your pledge for the next month and you’ll STILL get the update.

I promise that this is the last delay and we’ll try to release the updates every 2-3months just as it used to be.
I can’t wait for you guys to try this new version, there’s a lot of hot stuff and a lot of surprises and bonuses. If you can give us just a little more time to finish the remaining 10% of the game, you'll be impressed by the results :)

When it comes to the version 0.7 and v0.8 at the moment nothing has changed. Those updates will be smaller, but they should be released on time. At least, that is the plan and I hope that everything goes smoothly.

Thanks again for your continued support. The end is in sight!

N7's Slut

panty sniffer
Donor
Sep 13, 2016

News #16 - Update

Hey everyone, it’s almost the end of the month so I wanted to give you guys a quick update.

The progress is going really well. Since my last update we have doubled the size of the next release to over 2000 images (and still growing!)
Unfortunately, we haven't managed to get everything completed this month so we have to push this release a little bit. But as I said before you can cancel your pledge for the next month and you’ll STILL get the update.

I promise that this is the last delay and we’ll try to release the updates every 2-3months just as it used to be.
I can’t wait for you guys to try this new version, there’s a lot of hot stuff and a lot of surprises and bonuses. If you can give us just a little more time to finish the remaining 10% of the game, you'll be impressed by the results :)

When it comes to the version 0.7 and v0.8 at the moment nothing has changed. Those updates will be smaller, but they should be released on time. At least, that is the plan and I hope that everything goes smoothly.

Thanks again for your continued support. The end is in sight!
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

3.70 star(s) 410 Votes