Count_Chocula

Jul 20, 2017
At first when I saw this project was tagged [onhold], I was super disappointed and thought it was going to meet an early demise like most others. But seriously, props to ICSTOR for maintaining communication with his fans and letting us know he's still gonna be working hard once he sorts out his personal issues. What a based dev.

Reactions: Aquatic

Bruce_Wayne18

Mar 14, 2018
My statement was based upon your accusation that you think the dev is lying, which is factual evidence, now it's up to you, to support your alligations, with factual evidence, and not just your opinion. What factual evidence are you basing your accusation upon?
What factual evidence do you have to support he's telling the truth?! You don't know the guy personally! He's some unknown guy on the internet that *could* be lying! How can you not understand that your opinion is as valid as mine? Opinions are just that! So I'll ask again: Why do you want to shut down my opinion yet you want yours to stand? I respect your opinion that you accept he's telling the truth, why can you not accept mine?

Reactions: BoykaBoykov

401Grem

May 14, 2017
What factual evidence do you have to support he's telling the truth?! You don't know the guy personally! He's some unknown guy on the internet that *could* be lying! How can you not understand that your opinion is as valid as mine? Opinions are just that! So I'll ask again: Why do you want to shut down my opinion yet you want yours to stand? I respect your opinion that you accept he's telling the truth, why can you not accept mine?
I made no claim regarding the dev, you did, and you admit your accusation is only your opinion.

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
My God man, You know about him personally because you have followed him online? That is the same as me saying I know about what Shatner does daily because I am a fan of Star Trek. You know jack squat about him in reality. You don't know anything personally period. Fanboy on him all you want but unless you have been to his house and broke bread with him, you know as much about him as I can find out in minutes.

I support 3 games and have followed one developer for 2 years. He too posted about being burned out(he said he had a real job) but in reality, I have no idea if he is lying or not. You know, because he is a stranger who posts online.
Maybe you can quote where I said he was lying? Not taking his statement at face value as true, is not at all the same thing as saying he has lied. You have assumed he is telling the truth, what makes that assumption factually valid? "Just the facts mam" No "he said", she said please.
i dont know him personally, what i mean is that i have follow him since he started and he never took a vacation because he did continue to deliver updates, previews and week posts etc, so read more carefully before trying to distort my answer ;)

if saying that you trust others who believe he is lying is not the same as saying he is , be my humble guest.
And the only lying here is you because he did not stop patreon only for 1 month, it will be may and june, the updated that we who supports him will get that update, simply because we paid already beforehand. So stop bullshit if u dont know what you are talking about.
I have not followed the developer, but I have read many posts questioning his truthfulness. I don't find his post, the developer, to be horrible. I thought it was nicely written, but I will say that if he only suspends his P for one month, then it becomes a little hollow

now this is my last post, is pointless to debate when you dont even follow him and dont know what you are talking about (n)

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
lol, I deleted a bunch of messages with people calling each other burger flippers and said in the notification "Let's not get personal, please" and that = authoritarian, eh? smh

Either way, everyone has made their points and now the posts are just an argument. Please drop it now.

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Here's how we know he hasn't taken a vacation in 4 years:

"Hi everyone, it’s about damn time I gave you all an update. I’m not gonna lie, I’ve been having a few problems in my personal life which have taken a toll on my health. It’s now been more than FOUR full years that I’ve been developing adult games without taking a vacation. (Not even once!)"

Unless you think he's lying.

Here's what I know - he said:
"I’m completely broken and exhausted, so I need a break to recover. I’ll be taking a month or two away from developing to get my health back on track."

and

"I pushed myself too hard."

and

"This should help me avoid getting burned out again."

I choose to take his statements at face value. So, we get that he's burned out, and at the end of his rope. He feels he needs a break, so he's taking one. He's paused his Patreon. He took too long to pause it for April, so he said he's going to keep it paused for the month he comes back to work.

You can believe him or not, that's your choice. But really, arguing about it here does nothing. We should stop before the mods slap us down.

All quotes are from the "News about v0.6" spoiler in the OP.
As a developer with MDots and a fan of ICSTOR - I know what a grind development can be ... it is also repetitious and done primarily in a solo work environment. Both have been cranking out product for years and I wholly support consistent vacations (and a least a 1 month full one) each year.

Sorry, I missed the mod post above.

Btw, isn’t it great we are getting cutting edge developement from at least 4 different artists?. The top developers just keep bringing better and better product.

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
For those of you whose wondering if he's lying, I cannot say for sure (especially when he posted it on April 1st), but I am a fan of his other work, and know he's one to take the time and finish it. So with that said, I do believe he's in the process of resting and recuperating.

Asu69

Mar 27, 2019
In the walkthrough, whats the secret scene cards for?

Damn i really like this character Sara, cant wait to see more development of her further.

3.80 star(s) 405 Votes