Bruce_Wayne18

Mar 14, 2018
Do you know how much time these guys spend doing this? It's a ton - like 80+ hours/week. That will take a toll on his health. Plus, who are you to assess what his mental state is?
How do you know how many hours a week 'they' are putting in? ICSTOR isn't one of the most transparent developers out there. And I didn't talk about his mental state and neither did he. So you are assuming on both counts.

If the dude really has mental issues I don't blame him for taking the time off to solve them. From his statement he makes it sound physical which to me seems kinda far fetched.

Bruce_Wayne18

Mar 14, 2018
I'd suggest that you try being a dev on the side like most dev's here who still work full time jobs/full time study for a month and see what it takes to push out quality content if you think it's a lame excuse.
Yeeeeaaaaah... I'm not going to do a job that I don't enjoy AND makes me physically ill so: no thanks :ROFLMAO:

Plus in my line of work, I won't take someone's money if there's a big chance I won't be able to deliver. That's just me though.
My point being: The guy makes it sound like he's tired from mining for uranium in the 1950's

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
How do you know how many hours a week 'they' are putting in? ICSTOR isn't one of the most transparent developers out there. And I didn't talk about his mental state and neither did he. So you are assuming on both counts.

If the dude really has mental issues I don't blame him for taking the time off to solve them. From his statement he makes it sound physical which to me seems kinda far fetched.
He said this:
"(For example no more character polls. I’ll create updates for characters that I’m in the mood for writing about. This should help me avoid getting burned out again.)"

Burned out. Mental state.

As for time, look at the images. You can't get images of that quality by throwing some poses together in Daz, then letting the computer crank them out while you lounge by the pool. That quality takes a lot of time posing, then rendering, then a ton of time in post. And did you notice I said "these guys", not "ICSTOR"? Other devs have posted about how much time they put in, and the ones who make quality renders are saying 80-100 hours of job + game dev. I'm assuming ICSTOR is spending a similar amount of time.

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
stop advertising games here guys, this thread is to talk about icstor games or milfy city, not to advertise any other good developer. (n)
you can have signatures for that if u want, but coming here to trash talk a dev and advertise another is plainly rude.

Read the rules about this-->

Game Threads, Fan Art, etc

1. All discussions in these threads should be kept on topic
    • Do not branch the topic off into posting random pictures, trolling, etc
    • Please do not advertise other games in game threads, this will often derail discussion

Bruce_Wayne18

Mar 14, 2018
He said this:
"(For example no more character polls. I’ll create updates for characters that I’m in the mood for writing about. This should help me avoid getting burned out again.)"

Burned out. Mental state.

As for time, look at the images. You can't get images of that quality by throwing some poses together in Daz, then letting the computer crank them out while you lounge by the pool. That quality takes a lot of time posing, then rendering, then a ton of time in post. And did you notice I said "these guys", not "ICSTOR"? Other devs have posted about how much time they put in, and the ones who make quality renders are saying 80-100 hours of job + game dev. I'm assuming ICSTOR is spending a similar amount of time.
None of the definitions relate to 'mental state'. More like he's bored of it from the way he's put it, hence why he'll be making the decisions for character content going forth.

I know how much time developers are putting in, so skip the lecture. And again you are speculating on the time he puts in. Not that I mind or blame him for slacking or anything of the sort. His work speaks volumes for itself. But neither you or I can know how much time he puts in, or his mental state.

I don't really care about that. What I do care about, is the fact that the dude really seems to be making half-assed excuses whereas if he'd been honest like I said before, I wouldn't mind at all.

Reactions: BoykaBoykov

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
His work speaks volumes for itself. But neither you or I can know how much time he puts in, or his mental state.

I don't really care about that. What I do care about, is the fact that the dude really seems to be making half-assed excuses whereas if he'd been honest like I said before, I wouldn't mind at all.
you are contradicting yourself in that same post :rolleyes:

you say you dont know his mental state or no one knows yet you call a fact what you consider "half assed excuses"

Bruce_Wayne18

Mar 14, 2018
you are contradicting yourself in that same post :rolleyes:

you say you dont know his mental state or no one knows yet you call a fact what you consider "half assed excuses"
'half-assed excuses' is my own personal opinion based on what he said. I'm not assuming they are half-assed. I know they are by reading what he said. He never said anything about his mental state nor did I ever assume what his mental condition is.

Would you care to elaborate or rephrase what you think the contradiction is? I don't see it.

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
'half-assed excuses' is my own personal opinion based on what he said. I'm not assuming they are half-assed. I know they are by reading what he said. He never said anything about his mental state nor did I ever assume what his mental condition is.

Would you care to elaborate or rephrase what you think the contradiction is? I don't see it.
calling facts for what you assume for example, also you dont think 4 years of no vacations cant make someone burn out physically or mentally ?:sneaky::whistle:

Bruce_Wayne18

Mar 14, 2018
calling facts for what you asume for example, also you dont think 4 years of no vacations cant make someone burn out physically or mentally ?:sneaky::whistle:
It IS a fact that my opinion of his excuse is half-assed based on what I perceive to be a cheap excuse. He gave me his excuse, I read it and I have formed an opinion about it. And the same is true for you. You assume his excuse is valid and real. I still don't see a contradiction.

And no, I don't think that someone working a desk job from home, who doesn't answer to anyone about his work and his only aim is to release an update for a game every 4-5 months, can get burned out physically or mentally. I work a desk job and I know I wouldn't get burned out in 4 years cause I enjoy what I do. I take time off cause I'd prefer doing nothing and getting paid and because I'm allowed to, not because I NEED to. And if I'm being honest I'd slack off all the time if I was doing some other job that paid more where I'd be my own boss and people were paying me without seeing what I'm working on. (which is why I will never be a game developer btw)

Which is why I said I'd respect him a whole lot more if he'd said he just wants to chill for a while.

You agree with me that's fine, you don't that's also fine, just don't try to change my opinion and I will do the same.

Blitzen

Apr 30, 2017
calling facts for what you assume for example, also you dont think 4 years of no vacations cant make someone burn out physically or mentally ?:sneaky::whistle:
Funny i can bet my left kidney if he didnt make as much money as he did. He 100% wouldn't be on some rehab or recharge vacation. I mean i dont really care when he puts out his updates its his game, but if his patreons are buying that bs yeeaaahhhh this ain't it chief.

401Grem

May 14, 2017
Well, just remember, that whatever his reasons, it's none of anyone else's business, and not a productive part of game conversation here. So ya, you're entitled to your opinions regarding what you think you know about his work practice, but that doesn't entitle anyone to use their biased opinions of things that bear no concern to themselves, or this thread, to further defame a dev or disrupt the conversation.

Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017

Wow did you even have the care to think logically about your thought? In the first part of your thought, you are critical of Bruce for making assumptions. Then you continue your thought with what can only be seen as an assumption. Do you know this guy personally? Do you know how many hours he actually puts in? Do you know that he has not taken a vacation in 4 years? How? because some guy who you know nothing about, got that part, nothing says so? I know as much about the developer as you do, he makes really great renders and average games.

I think what Mr. Bookman says at 3:20 sums it up
bookman.jpg

Reactions: BoykaBoykov

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Wow did you even have the care to think logically about your thought? In the first part of your thought, you are critical of Bruce for making assumptions. Then you continue your thought with what can only be seen as an assumption. Do you know this guy personally? Do you know how many hours he actually puts in? Do you know that he has not taken a vacation in 4 years? How? because some guy who you know nothing about, got that part, nothing says so? I know as much about the developer as you do, he makes really great renders and average games.

I think what Mr. Bookman says at 3:20 sums it up
View attachment 286104
Here's how we know he hasn't taken a vacation in 4 years:

"Hi everyone, it’s about damn time I gave you all an update. I’m not gonna lie, I’ve been having a few problems in my personal life which have taken a toll on my health. It’s now been more than FOUR full years that I’ve been developing adult games without taking a vacation. (Not even once!)"

Unless you think he's lying.

Here's what I know - he said:
"I’m completely broken and exhausted, so I need a break to recover. I’ll be taking a month or two away from developing to get my health back on track."

and

"I pushed myself too hard."

and

"This should help me avoid getting burned out again."

I choose to take his statements at face value. So, we get that he's burned out, and at the end of his rope. He feels he needs a break, so he's taking one. He's paused his Patreon. He took too long to pause it for April, so he said he's going to keep it paused for the month he comes back to work.

You can believe him or not, that's your choice. But really, arguing about it here does nothing. We should stop before the mods slap us down.

All quotes are from the "News about v0.6" spoiler in the OP.

Arthoneceron

Jul 5, 2017
I'm not sure why people is minimizing stress and fatigue due to excessive work. It doesn't matter if he makes 1k or 50k for his or her work, a worker doesnt work under high-pressure. And probably being in a position which people would be highly criticized because anything that they would do doesn't help either.

I think anyone which is criticizing ICSTOR for doing his work on his time stopped to complain and tried to make their own game, like im doing, they would realize how big is his work and how much he deserves respect.

Yeah, the delay sucks, but there's a lot of games around the forum and they could like something if they try. But personally attack ICSTOR doesnt help the game and probably would make him to grow disgruntled over the F95zone community.

Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017
Here's how we know he hasn't taken a vacation in 4 years:

"Hi everyone, it’s about damn time I gave you all an update. I’m not gonna lie, I’ve been having a few problems in my personal life which have taken a toll on my health. It’s now been more than FOUR full years that I’ve been developing adult games without taking a vacation. (Not even once!)"

Unless you think he's lying.

Here's what I know - he said:
"I’m completely broken and exhausted, so I need a break to recover. I’ll be taking a month or two away from developing to get my health back on track."

and

"I pushed myself too hard."

and

"This should help me avoid getting burned out again."

I choose to take his statements at face value. So, we get that he's burned out, and at the end of his rope. He feels he needs a break, so he's taking one. He's paused his Patreon. He took too long to pause it for April, so he said he's going to keep it paused for the month he comes back to work.

You can believe him or not, that's your choice. But really, arguing about it here does nothing. We should stop before the mods slap us down.

All quotes are from the "News about v0.6" spoiler in the OP.
You mean it is possible that a complete stranger could be lying people? Taking his statements as truth is an assumption because it has no basis in facts. You don't know if any of what he says is in fact the truth, you just assume them to be truthful statements because you have a positive feeling towards his games. I have not followed the developer, but I have read many posts questioning his truthfulness. I don't find his post, the developer, to be horrible. I thought it was nicely written, but I will say that if he only suspends his P for one month, then it becomes a little hollow. The guy makes great renders, I downloaded the game again to look through them. I have mixed feelings as I look through them. The first is how amazing his renders are. I am a professional photographer and see a good feel for composition in his renders. On the other hand, I see all the story misses. I liked the original direction of Linda's story but not the way she turned out She is hot as fuck but a total bitch of a wife, poor Bob, an actual nice guy character. I enjoyed Shara and her insecurity as well as her jealousy over her friend. Caroline had an ok start to her story.

Now the misses start to come. The whole confession of love(a totally Japanese thing the way it is presented) story, the core of the initial update was just abandoned. I like big tits, but for those who don't, the counselor was the only other girl with a normal rack. That is just an observation but the real point is that her character has no plot development. Then there is celia, the first huge missed opportunity in my opinion. I liked that she added a corruption plot and was really into her story when she was asking for the MC's help. That story could have gone a couple of different ways and been a good extra character. I am trying to remember it in order so if I get something out of timing I am sorry. Now Caroline is sitting on the back burner because Linda, Shara and I believe(just a guess) Celia were intended to be the main characters. This is where the polls messed up his well done story. Because Caroline is just so hot, she really is a beautiful model, she got a lot of votes. He finishes off Shara's story which sucked, she was the only itty bitty titty model I found really hot to concentrate on Linda and Caroline. We get Caroline's GF introduced and some development with her and then she is discarded after some strange plot. The twins, that was just a bad plot detour. Fuck over your father so you can fuck him over more by fucking his wife. It really made no sense since every other woman finds him irresistible with exposure to him. The worst part is that you get to bang them once and then they completely disappear. If I remember, Caroline needed money at this point as well. Steal Bob's info, make a mint for yourself and give Caroline anything she needs. Continuing the bad update trend(all be it with spectacular renders) we get Linda's sister and the lesbian story. It was just really stupid, she can't tell a real cock from plastic in her mouth? I just find so many things badly done with that detour. Again, characters brought in and discarded after sex like the twins. Now this one is really weird and shows no connections with anything and is not likely to be fleshed out anytime soon. The wild girls blowing the principal at school. This is when I thought the therapist would finally come into play but this was just confusing because the plot is lost at this point.

I am hoping now that he will be writing the story without following polls, that this will lead to a better story. He would have been much better off with fewer girls until they were well fleshed out before adding elements like the twins and her sister. I would have liked to see a slow burn with Linda. The experimentation with Shara and the corruption of Celia largely established Then have Caroline as the final (family for the patch) home conquest. Then add some new conquests. I am very curious what will happen now that he has thrown off the poll chains.

Frank01

Feb 3, 2018
You mean it is possible that a complete stranger could be lying people? Taking his statements as truth is an assumption because it has no basis in facts. You don't know if any of what he says is in fact the truth, you just assume them to be truthful statements because you have a positive feeling towards his games. I have not followed the developer, but I have read many posts questioning his truthfulness. I don't find his post, the developer, to be horrible. I thought it was nicely written, but I will say that if he only suspends his P for one month, then it becomes a little hollow. The guy makes great renders, I downloaded the game again to look through them. I have mixed feelings as I look through them. The first is how amazing his renders are. I am a professional photographer and see a good feel for composition in his renders. On the other hand, I see all the story misses. I liked the original direction of Linda's story but not the way she turned out She is hot as fuck but a total bitch of a wife, poor Bob, an actual nice guy character. I enjoyed Shara and her insecurity as well as her jealousy over her friend. Caroline had an ok start to her story.

Now the misses start to come. The whole confession of love(a totally Japanese thing the way it is presented) story, the core of the initial update was just abandoned. I like big tits, but for those who don't, the counselor was the only other girl with a normal rack. That is just an observation but the real point is that her character has no plot development. Then there is celia, the first huge missed opportunity in my opinion. I liked that she added a corruption plot and was really into her story when she was asking for the MC's help. That story could have gone a couple of different ways and been a good extra character. I am trying to remember it in order so if I get something out of timing I am sorry. Now Caroline is sitting on the back burner because Linda, Shara and I believe(just a guess) Celia were intended to be the main characters. This is where the polls messed up his well done story. Because Caroline is just so hot, she really is a beautiful model, she got a lot of votes. He finishes off Shara's story which sucked, she was the only itty bitty titty model I found really hot to concentrate on Linda and Caroline. We get Caroline's GF introduced and some development with her and then she is discarded after some strange plot. The twins, that was just a bad plot detour. Fuck over your father so you can fuck him over more by fucking his wife. It really made no sense since every other woman finds him irresistible with exposure to him. The worst part is that you get to bang them once and then they completely disappear. If I remember, Caroline needed money at this point as well. Steal Bob's info, make a mint for yourself and give Caroline anything she needs. Continuing the bad update trend(all be it with spectacular renders) we get Linda's sister and the lesbian story. It was just really stupid, she can't tell a real cock from plastic in her mouth? I just find so many things badly done with that detour. Again, characters brought in and discarded after sex like the twins. Now this one is really weird and shows no connections with anything and is not likely to be fleshed out anytime soon. The wild girls blowing the principal at school. This is when I thought the therapist would finally come into play but this was just confusing because the plot is lost at this point.

I am hoping now that he will be writing the story without following polls, that this will lead to a better story. He would have been much better off with fewer girls until they were well fleshed out before adding elements like the twins and her sister. I would have liked to see a slow burn with Linda. The experimentation with Shara and the corruption of Celia largely established Then have Caroline as the final (family for the patch) home conquest. Then add some new conquests. I am very curious what will happen now that he has thrown off the poll chains.
Based.

Arthoneceron

Jul 5, 2017

Now this is a critique that I fully agree. The writting is the weaker point of Milfy City and I hope that in his future games ICSTOR would pounder more about his text and rely less over the Patreon Tiers.

3.80 star(s) 404 Votes