Jan 24, 2019
Here's how we know he hasn't taken a vacation in 4 years:

"Hi everyone, it’s about damn time I gave you all an update. I’m not gonna lie, I’ve been having a few problems in my personal life which have taken a toll on my health. It’s now been more than FOUR full years that I’ve been developing adult games without taking a vacation. (Not even once!)"

Unless you think he's lying.

Here's what I know - he said:
"I’m completely broken and exhausted, so I need a break to recover. I’ll be taking a month or two away from developing to get my health back on track."

and

"I pushed myself too hard."

and

"This should help me avoid getting burned out again."

I choose to take his statements at face value. So, we get that he's burned out, and at the end of his rope. He feels he needs a break, so he's taking one. He's paused his Patreon. He took too long to pause it for April, so he said he's going to keep it paused for the month he comes back to work.

You can believe him or not, that's your choice. But really, arguing about it here does nothing. We should stop before the mods slap us down.

All quotes are from the "News about v0.6" spoiler in the OP.
Hey now, don't bring facts into this discussion!

Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017
Guys! When will come the 0.6th version???
The developer posted an explanation that can be found on the first page. I will post it here and perhaps it will not be asked again for a few pages at least

From the game developer

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Bruce_Wayne18

Mar 14, 2018
Wow ok so my post was deleted. Didn't know that sharing your opinion was not allowed on this site. What I do know now is that it's run by authoritarian fascists.
Here's how we know he hasn't taken a vacation in 4 years:

"Hi everyone, it’s about damn time I gave you all an update. I’m not gonna lie, I’ve been having a few problems in my personal life which have taken a toll on my health. It’s now been more than FOUR full years that I’ve been developing adult games without taking a vacation. (Not even once!)"

Unless you think he's lying.

Here's what I know - he said:
"I’m completely broken and exhausted, so I need a break to recover. I’ll be taking a month or two away from developing to get my health back on track."

and

"I pushed myself too hard."

and

"This should help me avoid getting burned out again."

I choose to take his statements at face value. So, we get that he's burned out, and at the end of his rope. He feels he needs a break, so he's taking one. He's paused his Patreon. He took too long to pause it for April, so he said he's going to keep it paused for the month he comes back to work.

You can believe him or not, that's your choice. But really, arguing about it here does nothing. We should stop before the mods slap us down.

All quotes are from the "News about v0.6" spoiler in the OP.
I don't agree with you and yes I *think* he's lying. But, like you said that's fine. I'm sure he appreciates you standing up for him.

I'll leave you with a last word of advice, given in good faith: You're way too gullible. But hey, I have trust issues so it balances out :LOL::LOL:

Reactions: BoykaBoykov

401Grem

May 14, 2017
Wow ok so my post was deleted. Didn't know that sharing your opinion was not allowed on this site. What I do know now is that it's run by authoritarian fascists. How's that fo

I don't agree with you and yes I *think* he's lying. But, like you said that's fine. I'm sure he appreciates you standing up for him.

I'll leave you with a last word of advice, given in good faith: You're way too gullible. But hey, I have trust issues so it balances out :LOL::LOL:
You've been told the facts as they are, Yet you have decided to use this thread to maline and defame the dev. please take your opinion and discussion elsewhere.

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Wow did you even have the care to think logically about your thought? In the first part of your thought, you are critical of Bruce for making assumptions. Then you continue your thought with what can only be seen as an assumption. Do you know this guy personally? Do you know how many hours he actually puts in? Do you know that he has not taken a vacation in 4 years? How? because some guy who you know nothing about, got that part, nothing says so? I know as much about the developer as you do, he makes really great renders and average games.

I think what Mr. Bookman says at 3:20 sums it up
View attachment 286104
you know as much of the developer as me? have you beeen his patreon or follow him since he started? then you dont know shit, because if u did u wont be saying that we are assuming he is lying .
I have follow him since the start of his devs days and he never did take vacation simply because the updates always did come, if u take vacations u dont have time to make updates so is not assumption by my part and keep whining if u want, i dont need to repeat myself again or continue a pointless debate, if u think he is lying good for you, you can leave this thread and put it in ignore.

(and is funny you are saying im assuming this when you are the one assuming he is lying to his patreons...the irony of some people lol)

Reactions: WaltS and 401Grem

401Grem

May 14, 2017
you know as much of the developer as me? have you beeen his patreon or follow him since he started? then you dont know shit, because if u did u wont be saying that we are assuming he is lying .
I have follow him since the start of his devs days and he never did take vacation simply because the updates always did come, if u take vacations u dont have time to make updates so is not assumption by my part and keep whining if u want, i dont need to repeat myself again or continue a pointless debate, if u think he is lying good for you, you can leave this thread and put it in ignore.

(and is funny you are saying im assuming this when you are the one assuming he is lying to his patreons...the irony of some people lol)
He's making allegations and accusations against the honesty of the dev, based on nothing more then his own assumptions. This crap needs to be put down hard.

monroe

insert cringey ass bio here
Staff member
Donor
Jun 23, 2017
Sharing opinions is completely fine however please keep all offtopic conversations to PMs or the Offtopic section. Thank you.

Reactions: January2015

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Wow ok so my post was deleted. Didn't know that sharing your opinion was not allowed on this site. What I do know now is that it's run by authoritarian fascists. How's that fo
I don't know what post of yours was deleted, but I'd guess it was for violating rule #1 here: https://f95zone.to/threads/general-rules-updated-2019-02-04.5589/ .

Basically, don't put people down. Opinions are fine; attacking someone over them is not.

As far as we know, he doesn't read this thread. We do know at least 1 team member does (did?). As far as I know, he doesn't know who the hell I am, and doesn't give a shit what I think. Whatever! :)

I don't think I'm gullible, but even if I'm 100% wrong and he's lying, etc etc, I don't lose anything. So I choose to take his comments at face value.

What we do know:
  1. He's said he's stopped working on the game temporarily
  2. He said he would pause his Patreon in March, but didn't
  3. He paused it in April and said he would keep it paused an extra month because he missed pausing it at the end of March (for the April 1 payments).
He may do what he said, or he may turn payments back on at the end of April. Either way, we'll know in 2 weeks if he isn't getting paid for May.

Bruce_Wayne18

Mar 14, 2018
I don't know what post of yours was deleted, but I'd guess it was for violating rule #1 here: https://f95zone.to/threads/general-rules-updated-2019-02-04.5589/ .

Basically, don't put people down. Opinions are fine; attacking someone over them is not.

As far as we know, he doesn't read this thread. We do know at least 1 team member does (did?). As far as I know, he doesn't know who the hell I am, and doesn't give a shit what I think. Whatever! :)

I don't think I'm gullible, but even if I'm 100% wrong and he's lying, etc etc, I don't lose anything. So I choose to take his comments at face value.

What we do know:
  1. He's said he's stopped working on the game temporarily
  2. He said he would pause his Patreon in March, but didn't
  3. He paused it in April and said he would keep it paused an extra month because he missed pausing it at the end of March (for the April 1 payments).
He may do what he said, or he may turn payments back on at the end of April. Either way, we'll know in 2 weeks if he isn't getting paid for May.
Who exactly did I put down? I have been nothing but respectful to the members here and all the time I am getting attacked and ganged up on by his fanboys for DARING to question the devs integrity and call out his bs. Some guy even said I flipped burgers for a living, and you want to shut me down? I am finding another site. This is ridiculous :LOL::LOL:

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Who exactly did I put down? I have been nothing but respectful to the members here and all the time I am getting attacked and ganged up on by his fanboys for DARING to question the devs integrity and call out his bs. Some guy even said I flipped burgers for a living, and you want to shut me down? I am finding another site. This is ridiculous :LOL::LOL:
Hey, don't look at me, I'm not shutting you down! Like I said, I don't know what your post was.

BTW, your post:

None of the definitions relate to 'mental state'.
is incorrect. Definition #1 of "burned out" says "1. Overworked or exhausted, especially to the point of no longer being able to maintain a particular level of performance or dedication. If you keep working nights and weekends, you're going to get burned out. She's probably burned out after studying all week."

"She's probably burned out after studying all week" -> mental exhaustion.

Bruce_Wayne18

Mar 14, 2018
Hey, don't look at me, I'm not shutting you down! Like I said, I don't know what your post was.

BTW, your post:

is incorrect. Definition #1 of "burned out" says "1. Overworked or exhausted, especially to the point of no longer being able to maintain a particular level of performance or dedication. If you keep working nights and weekends, you're going to get burned out. She's probably burned out after studying all week."

"She's probably burned out after studying all week" -> mental exhaustion.
Yeah, you were one of the kindest ones, I wasn't talking about you. Just the guy who wants to silence all dissenting opinions (you know who you are!)

Still, 'to the point of no longer being able to maintain a particular level of performance or dedication' is not the same as mental exhaustion. Otherwise, it would have clearly said mental exhaustion.

Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017
I have follow him since the start of his devs days and he never did take vacation simply because the updates always did come
My God man, You know about him personally because you have followed him online? That is the same as me saying I know about what Shatner does daily because I am a fan of Star Trek. You know jack squat about him in reality. You don't know anything personally period. Fanboy on him all you want but unless you have been to his house and broke bread with him, you know as much about him as I can find out in minutes.

I support 3 games and have followed one developer for 2 years. He too posted about being burned out(he said he had a real job) but in reality, I have no idea if he is lying or not. You know, because he is a stranger who posts online.

Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017
you are saying im assuming this when you are the one assuming he is lying
Maybe you can quote where I said he was lying? Not taking his statement at face value as true, is not at all the same thing as saying he has lied. You have assumed he is telling the truth, what makes that assumption factually valid? "Just the facts mam" No "he said", she said please.

Reactions: Bruce_Wayne18

401Grem

May 14, 2017
So what makes your opinion a 'fact' and mine not? Why is your opinion worth keeping and mine needs to be 'shut down'?
My statement was based upon your accusation that you think the dev is lying, which is factual evidence, now it's up to you, to support your alligations, with factual evidence, and not just your opinion. What factual evidence are you basing your accusation upon?

3.80 star(s) 405 Votes