Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017
d
The link you posted just confirm what I said.
This guy you posted the diagram was having 280 patrons on 30 June and drop to 265 on 1 July.
Yeah I just noticed. They all do seem to drop off at the end of the month. It was only showing 1 month so the graph did not show the june drop-off, Oh BTW Icstor did not lose 50 in july. He lost about 100. I guess we won't know for a week or 2 if he is actually losing any subs. Given the monthly cycle.

Last edited:

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
d

Yeah I just noticed. They all do seem to drop off at the end of the month. It was only showing 1 month so the graph did not show the june drop off
Actualy you can see it even on only 1 month showing.
Anyway here see what happen with Dark Cookie last month.

Pretty sure that when next update of SS comes he will hit 21-22K patrons

Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017

No, my friend, you are completely correct. I don't argue a point I have been proven incorrect about. You win this one hands down. I don't know a lot about P. Socialblade is what I normally use but it does not track P. I just did not look at a 3-month graph. I did not do my homework correctly. You totally got me.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1019532

Nov 18, 2018
All this squabbling over gaining/losing customers is silly.

Go here ( ) and check out the YTD (Year to Date) and 1y (one year) numbers. You'll notice it drops just before the end of the month, for all months, then picks up again. People get pissed off because their game hasn't been updated soon enough to please them, they drop out, then they join up again, and the cycle starts all over again.

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
Do you think there will be any way for the rooftop scene on Sarah's path to be addressed in her update and the bad outcome corrected ?

PatreonTed

Jun 3, 2017
All this squabbling over gaining/losing customers is silly.

Go here ( ) and check out the YTD (Year to Date) and 1y (one year) numbers. You'll notice it drops just before the end of the month, for all months, then picks up again. People get pissed off because their game hasn't been updated soon enough to please them, they drop out, then they join up again, and the cycle starts all over again.
I'm just guessing here, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of the payments don't go through immediately due to international banking issues, and so they aren't counted in the Patreon numbers until they clear. Because I think it would be weird for someone to cancel at the end of the month, and then sign up a few days later. Especially if the Patreon is set to charge immediately when signing up.

Reactions: Q Who

Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017

I got curious and looked at the top adult games. Dark cookie is summertime saga? How the hell does he have 18k subs? He has 3x the subs but only 25% more income. Icstor must average considerably more per sub. I still cannot believe dark cookie is #3 of all Patreon accounts. Icstor is 5th but he should be higher than dark. Amazing that 2 of the top 5 accounts produce so little content. Yet top the money board.

xMentat

Apr 14, 2018
I'm alway amazed that this game gets so much time from people here. It's a good game but there are better games. I'll download the next release when it happens (my estimate is 2nd week in Sept) but I'm not bothered about when it drops.

Reactions: Coyote099

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I got curious and looked at the top adult games. Dark cookie is summertime saga? How the hell does he have 18k subs? He has 3x the subs but only 25% more income. Icstor must average considerably more per sub. I still cannot believe dark cookie is #3 of all Patreon accounts. Icstor is 5th but he should be higher than dark. Amazing that 2 of the top 5 accounts produce so little content. Yet top the money board.
SummertimeSaga is basically a free game and nobody is "forced" to pledge to play it, while DC offers some other incentives to higher tier patreons. That's why DC has a lot of patreons who pledge $1, because they either like the game or want to download it from his own server, etc.

Other devs like Icstor etc. "sell" early access to very high tier patreons which does indeed influence the structure of their patreon community. DC is way less dependent on those high tier patreons compared to others.

I don't want to comment on DC's speed but in essence nothing really changed. Yes, the updates need quite a bit more time but they are way larger and provide a way higher quality compared to what he released 2 years ago. That's why there don't seem to be issues and the numbers remain stable. After all, most people just pay $1 a month, which is likely why they are a lot more forgiving compare to someone who pays $10.

As for this game, we'll see. I still hope this phase is somewhat of an exception, after all Icstor has released many games without issues before ...

Last edited:

Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017
SummertimeSaga is basically a free game and nobody is "forced" to pledge to play it, while DC offers some other incentives to higher tier patreons. That's why DC has a lot of patreons who pledge $1, because they either like the game or want to download it from his own server, etc.

Other devs like Icstor etc. "sell" early access to very high tier patreons which does indeed influence the structure of their patreon community. DC is way less dependent on those high tier patreons compared to others.

I don't want to comment on DC's speed but in essence nothing really changed. Yes, the updates need quite a bit more time but they are way larger and provide a way higher quality compared to what he released 2 years ago. That's why there don't seem to be issues and the numbers remain stable. After all, most people just pay $1 a month, which is likely why they are a lot more forgiving compare to someone who pays $10.

As for this game, we'll see. I still hope this phase is somewhat of an exception, after all Icstor has released many games without issues before ...
Excellent reply. Very informative about the whole P set up. To my thinking, both are free effectively as the wait time is short. I wonder how much of a factor it is to have what people consider is a secure source. I know a lot of people who are afraid to download anything off of sites like this. I saw that Icstor's 100 tier was sold out. That is amazing that people want to give 100 a month to one of these games. I understand supporting a YouTuber at that level because I think it is harder to do. Not that I would, but I understand that support more because you are buying the person in essence. It is more personal. From memory, DC did not have a lot of content. I think Milfy has more content and certainly higher quality. I like the artwork but it is pretty basic. Icstor's renders are top of the class.

I 100% recommend ignoring him.
I love you too babe.

f26.jpg

3.70 star(s) 412 Votes