DammitBird

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2019
I dont remember any lies. Don't fault the patrons.. Nobody is forcing their support! They can take it away if they feel like development is unfair.

Reactions: havoc9955

polycentric

Donor
Mar 26, 2019
Lousy that it's happening to others here, too.

Here is what it looks like after posting, for those who haven't seen this symptom ... my post remains in the edit box after clicking "Post Reply" but nothing is refreshed in the topic:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You need to manually refresh that page to see if it posted correctly.

So the next time I come back into the refreshed topic, that prior post text is still in the post edit box when just browsing. You can only remove it by posting again and hoping it works that time, otherwise it stays in there until you post successfully:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
https://f95zone.to/threads/slow-posting-double-posting.34305/

Reactions: fried

yourdaddy555

Apr 5, 2019
I think Dev did awesome job. He deserved the break and now he is back we should be concerned more about his health than the update. It will be released soon, I guess and I believe everyone will be happy.

daedal

Apr 28, 2018
anything like this? incest patch was great and i know i wont be seeing much for linda and the little sister any time soon.

DiddlerGames

Game Developer
Jun 3, 2019
1. You have some knowledge, but it's not applicable to how ICSTOR apparently models his characters, lights his scenes or poses his animations. I have explained this more than once and tried to show you the difference between cutting corners and doing the full job as he does, which requires more setup time and horsepower.

2. You don't yet fully understand how GPU rendering works with some of these modern rendering engines, apparently. For example, I have 3x Titan X(Pascal) GPUs and my scaling for Octane rendering is very near 3x1 GPU, for Iray it's slightly less efficient but still very good. My rendering times are, indeed, less than a third of what they used to be under a single GTX-970.

3. Hit up ICSTOR's Discord and offer your services, see what he thinks - nobody is stopping you.
If his style is so difficult and such a time consuming system, why doesn't he change it, and why do others have the ability to release renders that are just as good at a quicker pace? Yeah, he took time off, but that doesn't account for that short amount of a release between this and the last update. From 21-22 in Dating my Daughter there was 1700 new renders. I don't think it took him 11 months to do that. My guess is about 2. And he uses the same engine and same engine assets for the logic and code.

3 pascal still won't be as good as 1 Cuda. Daz can offload to Cuda core systems and only cuda core systems. That's why my buddies 1440p render took a minute and thirty seconds. You can argue that "it's a generic image" but try it out then. On my own apartment, Cailin model, Casual summer cut shorts. Try out a 1440p image and stop it after a minute and 30 seconds.

I don't use discord and won't offer my services since I am doing my own thing. Also, as I said, my GPU is trash, so I would be a detriment to anyone else who already has a system for rendering.

Reactions: cimibibapa

DiddlerGames

Game Developer
Jun 3, 2019
So what you're saying is that if I were alive in Renaissance Italy and I was commissioned to "create art," I could swipe my paintbrush once against that pristine chapel ceiling and then do absolutely nothing from that point forward, and you sure as shit better give me my florins because I'm entitled to them, goddamnit.

Well, you heard it here, folks. I gotta get me a job doing that.

:rolleyes:
"It will be finished when it's finished!" as the pope whips you with a thatch.

CptRexx

Jun 17, 2018
If his style is so difficult and such a time consuming system, why doesn't he change it, and why do others have the ability to release renders that are just as good at a quicker pace? Yeah, he took time off, but that doesn't account for that short amount of a release between this and the last update. From 21-22 in Dating my Daughter there was 1700 new renders. I don't think it took him 11 months to do that. My guess is about 2. And he uses the same engine and same engine assets for the logic and code.

3 pascal still won't be as good as 1 Cuda. Daz can offload to Cuda core systems and only cuda core systems. That's why my buddies 1440p render took a minute and thirty seconds. You can argue that "it's a generic image" but try it out then. On my own apartment, Cailin model, Casual summer cut shorts. Try out a 1440p image and stop it after a minute and 30 seconds.

I don't use discord and won't offer my services since I am doing my own thing. Also, as I said, my GPU is trash, so I would be a detriment to anyone else who already has a system for rendering.
He uses lighting and some other shit that I have no idea about it. Nonetheless it looks great tbh I don"t mind waiting. I have job and it consumes a lot of time. Waiting is nothing to me.

Reactions: GroPin

DiddlerGames

Game Developer
Jun 3, 2019
He uses lighting and some other shit that I have no idea about it. Nonetheless it looks great tbh I don"t mind waiting. I have job and it consumes a lot of time. Waiting is nothing to me.
You do you man, but if 1100 renders takes him several months, why is it people using all the same things, Daz, Ren'py, incest, can make a 1700 picture update in a third of the time? It's like this guy on youtube that does art videos, I know a buddy of his and his videos take a very long time to make, great quality, but his system is inefficient and refuses to try a better system. Which others have suggested to him multiple times.

CptRexx

Jun 17, 2018
You do you man, but if 1100 renders takes him several months, why is it people using all the same things, Daz, Ren'py, incest, can make a 1700 picture update in a third of the time? It's like this guy on youtube that does art videos, I know a buddy of his and his videos take a very long time to make, great quality, but his system is inefficient and refuses to try a better system. Which others have suggested to him multiple times.
You are right about it. Can't argue with that.

aluoaniki

Sep 29, 2018
although adapting a better system is ultimately beneficial, the process of adapting is painful and time consuming, which is harmful to creators.
also, people have the tendency to stay in their comfort zone.

DiddlerGames

Game Developer
Jun 3, 2019
although adapting a better system is ultimately beneficial, the process of adapting is painful and time consuming, which is harmful to creators.
also, people have the tendency to stay in their comfort zone.
Fair enough, but he also had a lot of time off and could've looked into optimizing the system. I'm not even making money yet and already know what I need for optimization and what needs to change.

3.80 star(s) 415 Votes