Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017
Tbh, i believe him about his mental health issues. I am diagnosed with depressions and dystemia and i often cant get myself to do anything at all. What he SHOULD have done tho, is to set his patreon to "for each release" instead of "for each month", that way, he would actually only get payed when he releases an update, aka not scamming anyone, while also allowing him to take the time needed for recovery and having an active paetron at the same time.
Did he say depression? I thought he just said he was burnt out from working too hard?

Weltmeister

Jan 22, 2018
I can relate to what he said. Since two person of my closest circle suddenly died I experienced depression. Almost fucked up my studies because of it, I just went to get help in the nick of time. The lack of drive to even complete simple and small tasks is a heavy stone.

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019

Well, I hope ICSTOR's health does improve in the future. Mental health is just as important as physical health, and if the man says that he is sick... good on him for seeking professional help. It's cool that he posted those links for mental health charities too. I'm not going to disparage ICSTOR for that.

That being said... he does come off super whiny though with the "HOW DO YOU REMAIN SO POSITIVE WHEN SOOOOO MANY OF YOUR FANS ARE SO NEGATIVE!!" Like... come on dude. You got tons of fans giving you so much money, you could swim in it. Rub some of those dollar bills on those burns, you'll be fine.
As was reported earlier in these threads this poor man is suffering from (tourtosa nervosa) a truly devastating affliction. The news of his illness further necessitates the need for corrective measures in post; 36.980.

Vis117

Sep 22, 2019
Just get yourself in order before committing to deadlines. We don’t need to hear about your mental illness. That’s your business. Talk to us when your ready to work. It’s the constant bullshit that pisses people off. This was yet another post to justify his actions. We don’t care anymore.

Teaber

Mar 26, 2017
Mental health is a very serious issue; I hope he is not toying with this. I really do. Depression or anxiety can in fact impact your life to the point of rendering you unable and/or unwilling to do shit, much less working. The problem is that neither forces you to lie, nor can they be solely responsible for one person refusing to be transparent with the people giving him/her their money on a montly basis. And another problem is this:

Sorry, but mental health issues dont just vanish once you find the right pill for it. Thats simply not how it works.
"As with most mental health medications the first one doesn't always work - so I have needed to experiment to find the right one. Thankfully, last month I began a new medication which seems to be working for me", Icstor said.

I tend to give people the benefit of doubt, especially if we are talking about delicate issues such as this. But given Icstor's record, my goodwill is long gone.

This excerpt I quoted immediately made my arachnid sense go nuts. There are two possibilities, and none of them is good. If he is telling the truth, he is apparently self-medicating, or at least being creative when it comes to following medical advice. Absolutely no serious psychiatrist would "experiment" with different treatments on a patient. It's true that, after determining the patient's condition and prescribing a treatment, if the patient is not responding well, something different could be tried. But that does not entail merely switching the pills. Stress, anxiety, and depression are dependent on both biological and social factors. It's not about deciding what the right pill is and, bum, your brain chemistry is magically fixed. If he is in fact doing something like that and thinks it is going to help him, I really hope that someone can convince him otherwise. It's not that simple, and what's worse, it is fucking dangerous.

The other possibility, well, is really obvious: this is all bullshit. That would explain the whole "experimenting" thing, and his apparent belief in the fact that solving mental health issues is merely a matter of nailing the right drug. That's a line of thought that you could expect from fucking Spud, the Trainspotting character.

So, as I said, I would really hate the latter were the case. If someone tried to use something lilke that as a way to deflect criticism after messing up repeatedly, I would find that person to be among the lowest lifeforms to ever crawl on the surface of this planet. I wouldn't be surprised or disappointed, to be honest. I'm from Spain and after decades of exposition to our politicians' shenanigans, my capacity to marvel at the lenghts people would go to cover their asses after fucking up is almost completely eroded.

Last edited:

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
I believe him about the mental health problems, so i'm not going to accuse him of lying about that. but I don't believe it when it comes to the release dates, if he has mental health problems he shouldn't set a release date. If he misses them, it'll just hurt his mental health more. now, I don't think he is intentionally lying about that, he probably thinks he can do it, but he should know by now to not set unrealistic expectations.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
The title for this thread should probably be changed from "Milfy City" to "Opinions and arguments about mental health", since that's the only thing anyone is going to talk about here for the next week.

"As with most mental health medications the first one doesn't always work - so I have needed to experiment to find the right one. Thankfully, last month I began a new medication which seems to be working for me", Icstor said.

Absolutely no serious psychiatrist would "experiment" with different treatments on a patient. ... But that does not entail merely switching the pills. If he is in fact doing something like that and thinks it is going to help him, I really hope that someone can convince him otherwise. It's not that simple, and what's worse, it is fucking dangerous.
Sorry, but you are insanely misinformed. What ICSTOR is doing isn't the thing that is dangerous, you spreading misinformation is. Trying different anti-depressant medications if one doesn't seem effective is absolutely normal and recommended. There are , , , , and more and they all work in different ways.

If the first medication tried doesn't seems effective a psychiatrist doesn't just say, "oh shit well i guess there's nothing that can be done, a random guy on the internet said trying different medications was spooky so i guess you're fucked."

Teaber

Mar 26, 2017
The title for this thread should probably be changed from "Milfy City" to "Opinions and arguments about mental health", since that's the only thing anyone is going to talk about here for the next week.

Sorry, but you are insanely misinformed. What ICSTOR is doing isn't the thing that is dangerous, you spreading misinformation is. Trying different anti-depressant medications if one doesn't seem effective is absolutely normal and recommended. There are , , , , and more and they all work in different ways.

If the first medication tried doesn't seems effective a psychiatrist doesn't just say, "oh shit well i guess there's nothing that can be done, a random guy on the internet said trying different medications was spooky so i guess you're fucked."
Sorry, before saying someone is spreading misinformation, you should at least make sure that you understand what you have read, which in this case you clearly didn't. No treatment should be taken WITHOUT the proper diagnose, surveillance and control by a professional, in this case a psychiatrist. This is what I'm saying.

And no, sorry, treatments are not changed on a whim. A treatment is prescribed after carefully taking into account the patient's symptoms and following a clearly-stated procedure. It is truth that the meds prescribed might not work as expected, but it takes time to see if that's the case. After that, the very first thing is trying to see whether it might be better adjusting the dose. After going through all that, the psych might be willing to try something different. But no one should be encouraged to change his/her treatment on his/her own. And, seriously, it is incredible that this has even to be said.

Nothing of that is remotely similar to what Icstor described as "experimenting" with different meds to see what might do the trick. Furthermore, my point is that treating a mental issue, such as depression or anxiety, is not just a matter of taking meds. Meds mainly treat/soothe the symptoms. As I said, biological and social factors play a role in triggering something like depression or anxiety; if you do not work on that, meds are only, at best, a temporal solution. Only some of the most serious conditions (like major depression disorder) might entail long (perhaps life-long) treatments that, again, are far more complex than simply finding the pill that does the trick.

EDIT: One possibility I have to admit is that I might have taken his "experiment" bit a little too literally. Maybe it's just a figure of speech, and the guy is actually following his/her doctor's instructions to the letter. But my comment was made on the basis of him trying different shit to see if something works out. The thing is, I have seen people do that (I don't know where Icstor lives, but in my country there are ways to access medically prescribed meds quite easily), and the results are... well, not good. In any case, assuming everything is true, I hope whatever he does works out.

Last edited:

Slurpy325173

Aug 10, 2018
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diemond

Jan 25, 2019
It seems that nowadays more and more content creators suffer from "mental health issues". I don't k ow if it's internet's fault, or society, or that our geberation just can't deal with shit today, because we are so weak...
It's easier to say I have mental issues instead of being honest and saying I'm going to take your money and give you nothing back in return.

Glorious Cat

Jul 25, 2017
It's easier to say I have mental issues instead of being honest and saying I'm going to take your money and give you nothing back in return.
This is not scamdrop thread :sneaky:
'nothing in return' Didn't you played 0.6 ?

Inb4, I'm not a patreon and I know we're still waiting for the animations.
Wait & see I guess.
Go play Jedi Fallen Order, it's awesome :LOL:

Reactions: sucklamator
3.70 star(s) 410 Votes