LadyBee

Aug 10, 2018

Me waiting for the Milfy City Abandonded Tag or the release of the actual update. But everytime I look at the Patreon number, he still hovers between 6-7k, he didn't even fall far from his all-time high and at least according to patreon stats he was making around 13-15k at around 1100 patreons.

So I don't even want to know how much money he is making each month not doing any renders for an entire year :p
Don't even feel sorry for his Patreon cuz they signed up for it.... they wanna be sheep and continuously lose money that's on them...

Reactions: Jaun Karr

ihl86

Dec 8, 2019
Would you please explain to me why you think so?
I could understand if you said that was your favorite game, but I don't understand one of the best games part. Maybe I'm missing something.
For example I could say Avengers: Last stand is my favorite movie (it's not, just an example) but I would never say it's one of the best movies. That same reasoning goes behind my wondering why people think this one is so good.
I am genuinely asking because I am actually planning to "get into this business" and I'm trying to understand future potential players.

Reactions: radcon

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
^ This. There are plenty of games on here with better writing and sexier renders.
And they're most some of them are still receiving updates.
alex86fire, just make the game you want. Make a central story and then ask any supporters you may have for extra content ideas. In this way, their ideas will not impact the story (unless you want it to). At least, this is the way I'd do it but as I always say "You do you".

Jarul

Feb 8, 2018
[...]There are plenty of games on here with better writing and sexier renders.
[...]
Well, this is just your opinion. Some people including myself find most of MC's renders hotter and sexier then all others, even those from NLT or Pink Cake.

Real shame all other aspects of this game suck :(

Journey95

Jun 23, 2018
I could understand if you said that was your favorite game, but I don't understand one of the best games part. Maybe I'm missing something.
For example I could say Avengers: Last stand is my favorite movie (it's not, just an example) but I would never say it's one of the best movies. That same reasoning goes behind my wondering why people think this one is so good.
I am genuinely asking because I am actually planning to "get into this business" and I'm trying to understand future potential players.
Obviously the writing is pretty lacking in this game but it never tries to be "deep" in the first place so that's fine. I think this game is definitely the best incest game here (at least until the dev stopped supporting it) and the lewd content is well done with fantastic renders (+the girls are hot and are a bit more memorable than usually, like Linda and Caroline). It wasn't badly paced, there was not much blue balling which I appreciated as well.

Overall I prefer Being a DIK since it has a better story and characters but this game is still pretty good.

So if you want to get into the business I think its important to decide which type of game you want and just do it well. Clearly the dev here was doing something right, considering the amount of patreons he has (although they are declining now I think)

Jarul

Feb 8, 2018
[...]
If you are interested in my thoughts on that then I would say that in case you are at least 5/10 with everything from development speed, story, UI, bugs, community, etc. then most important thing needed to grab big audience and lasting support are probably A) hot, sexy characters and B) detailed, thoughtful scenes that build excitement.

MC had both, damn... it still have them, but well, we all know what(who) the problem of MC is :whistle:

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
If you are interested in my thoughts on that then I would say that in case you are at least 5/10 with everything from development speed, story, UI, bugs, community, etc. then most important thing needed to grab big audience and lasting support are probably A) hot, sexy characters and B) detailed, thoughtful scenes that build excitement.

MC had both, damn... it still have them, but well, we all know what(who) the problem of MC is :whistle:
It's clearly us being to demanding and poisonous towards the Dev... didn't you follow the news? ;) :sneaky: :devilish:

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Jarul

ihl86

Dec 8, 2019
Thank you guys for your answers.
I agree that this game has some very nice renders. There are other games with renders just as good (in my opinion), what I think stands out even more for me are the animations, very well done indeed. The characters are also pretty sexy although I would have been happier if the boobs were a little smaller (more towards normal than crazy big).
The pacing of the game is also good, for a sandbox type game, there is not too much grinding and unlocking new content is pretty straight forward.
My biggest problems with it are the MC looking the way he is looking (I could get over the face) but the body of a 15 year old, being shorter than most of his "love" interests is kind of a turn off for me. The writing is also pretty bad, as mentioned before and while I think the dev had something in mind when he wrote Linda, her feelings are just so weird going towards pedophilia (especially since she developed them since he was very young).
The lack of a real story is also something I would consider when rating this game and this is kind of a let-down for me as well. I was hoping for more than the MC just making his way through the girls.
^ This. There are plenty of games on here with better writing and sexier renders.
And they're most some of them are still receiving updates.
alex86fire, just make the game you want. Make a central story and then ask any supporters you may have for extra content ideas. In this way, their ideas will not impact the story (unless you want it to). At least, this is the way I'd do it but as I always say "You do you".
I actually have a clear story in mind for my game and I would not ask other people for ideas regarding that.
The things I could/would change depending on popular opinion are UI/gameplay design to some extent (time advancing, map jumping and other stuff like that)
So if you want to get into the business I think its important to decide which type of game you want and just do it well. Clearly the dev here was doing something right, considering the amount of patreons he has (although they are declining now I think)
That is exactly what I'm trying to understand. What other people think the dev got right (except the above mentioned stuff I also see in the game) Maybe I'm missing something that is good/popular (not regarding the story but gameplay wise I guess)

Thank you, that is something I will take into consideration.
I actually already have my MC (she's a female so I'm sure I'll lose some people because of that but I accepted that already) and her adoptive father. I think she's pretty hot. I've not done any other characters yet as I am focused on the RenPy part for now to ensure a good experience for the players.
I guess I should just make a little more of the game and than make a thread asking people what they think about the UI and other stuff.
I am also curious how important sound/music is to people in these type of games.

Reactions: Riful of the West

Dr Krieger

Jun 28, 2017
Can I find a game with a better story? Yes.
Can I find a game with better renders? Yes.
Can I find a game with better overall functionality? Yes.
But this game is good in almost every category. It has it's flaws. It's not the best game. But one of the best.
And no not my favorite game. My favorite is FET.

ihl86

Dec 8, 2019
But this game is good in almost every category. It has it's flaws. It's not the best game. But one of the best.
I think I understand your reasoning.
If you were to give grades to each of the parts you value in a game, they would all be above average (maybe even towards top for the renders) so all in all, you consider this in the top. I can understand your reasoning. For me, except the renders, the rest of the game would not even make it in top 10 games (maybe not even top 15) so I that's why I don't put it up there. And while renders are maybe top 5, I personally don't find that enough to consider it a good game.
For example, while I would like for this game to be finished so I could play out the rest I don't mind if it doesn't, while I am sorry other games got abandoned before getting finished.
Thank you for your answer.

Dragon1982

Sep 7, 2019
FET?

Dragon1982

Sep 7, 2019
I really want to stay optimistic but all these broken promises alone is enough for me to doubt ICTSOR on top of everything else that DIDN'T happen over the years. I'm a guy who values keeping promises more than most other things. For me it's hard to see the good in other's by just one promise being broken, but ICTSOR has done it multiple times despite the fact I tried to support him in the distant and recent past. I don't know what to think of him anymore after these most recent failed promises. I am ashamed to admit I used to be one of his patrons before but stopped after so long because of this.

Jarul

Feb 8, 2018
[...]And while renders are maybe top 5, I personally don't find that enough to consider it a good game.
[...]
well, as player I agree, but I have seen a lot of games here that at the beginning had just good renders and hot scenes get around 1,5-2k$ in first release.. And that is very good beginning in my book. It may not be best way, but I see it working often. Also I'm not an expert, but maybe player perspective is different from DEV's one. What I mean is that what is good game release for players is not always 100% as good release for DEV. So I would advice you not to look only from perspective of what you would find best but to check what players as a whole expect vs what they support. Always striving to give players what they want is not always economical or good in long run. It is not so easy for me to write (as player), but I understand that despite passion at the end this is business that DEVs life depend on.

I hope it helps you in any way as there is always space for more good games in this industry.

P.S. Just to clarify so no one would bash me - this is not in any way related to that milker ICSTOR ;)

3.70 star(s) 416 Votes