kylemorre

May 29, 2018
Then they play the "mental illness" card KEKW , it works everytime and nobody can prove it otherwise , people should really cancel their patreons and only support him after he is releasing a update from now on, theres 0 excuses to have 0 updates after so many months.
like clockwork lmao, they never change but it always works!

Buffalo Fred

Aug 5, 2016
If he finishes the game then he'll lose his patrons. This is why not doing work is more profitable than doing work. This is the major flaw with patreon funding. Every single donor is encouraging him to not work. Bunch of morons with too much money
It isn't normal to retain so much financial support with so little output as this guy has and most devs can't afford to go radio silent for this long.
Most devs begin a new project on the side as the old one nears its completion. The vast majority of supporters will stick around for the new thing if they liked the old.

Reactions: yoyomistro

livingskull1

Jun 6, 2018
Why dont new renpy games open in my old laptop? It shows "performance warning" change renderer option.. No matter what I tweak, the game wont open..

Aug 28, 2017
If he finishes the game then he'll lose his patrons. This is why not doing work is more profitable than doing work. This is the major flaw with patreon funding. Every single donor is encouraging him to not work. Bunch of morons with too much money
Exactly.

The Patreon model for theses kind of games is flawed from the get go.

Subscriptions should be collected and held, then released to devs only when there is an actual update.

After a while, when the developer has a positive "score of trust", then donations can be deposited automatically.

Someone like NLT deserves automatic monthly donations.
Someone like ICSTOR deserves automatic weekly slapping.

Swordsman83

Anti Anti-NTR & Anti-Woke Crusader
Donor
Apr 14, 2020
Exactly.

The Patreon model for theses kind of games is flawed from the get go.

Subscriptions should be collected and held, then released to devs only when there is an actual update.

After a while, when the developer has a positive "score of trust", then donations can be deposited automatically.

Someone like NLT deserves automatic monthly donations.
Someone like ICSTOR deserves automatic weekly slapping.
too much work and lesser money to cut for Patreon.

Swordsman83

Anti Anti-NTR & Anti-Woke Crusader
Donor
Apr 14, 2020
you guys can play the other M game if you know what im talking about. its quite similar to Milfy city.

shinoda

Jun 12, 2017
So wait on his patreon it says the next version to release will be v1.0, so is he planning to release the finished game all at once!?

ps: i havent really followed this whole situation closely but i saw ppl saying he still has 7k patreons so i got curious and wanted to check it out, i only know the game has been on hold for a very long time now
This isn't the first time this happens i think, especially the 1.0 thing all of a sudden. To see what I mean go play Milfs Villa or Milfs Control, after you finish them you will see that both have a point in story and progression where you think "ok, this is half of the game" but its actually maybe 10 minutes of gameplay from the end. ICSTOR is talented and stuff, but he is disorganized and probably doesn't give a crap about it. He tried out his skills in IS 1 and 2 and some other small games, gather the following and can now milk those followers. Hell you don't even need much followers, just good renders and contrary to any logic, you will gain paterons instead of losing them, looking at you Aaorta... But the only thing I can say bother me is that this is taking precious space in trending for people who actually work on their games and deserved Abandoned tag long ago.

Apr 12, 2021
guys a lot of the time if the ending is not handled well,people just won't play the game, all it requires is one review saying "Great Game, Everything Perfect but the ending", which hurts way more than the abandoned tag, because these reviewers instead of saying "you should try this one" have basically spoiled the whole experience , regardless of how well it was handled in the earlier versions. If this is by design or by flaw these creators, whose game gets the abandoned tag, leave their games with an open ending and if that creates a small loop of newcomers subscribing their patreon, personally i dont see anything wrong with that

3.70 star(s) 412 Votes