• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
Feb 4, 2018
anyone got a legit link to dl options.rpy? or how to make it? the one at the top of the thread is for a messenger app of some sort that looks shady as. I want to enable console.

E-Dog

A pain in his girlfriend's ass
Donor
Apr 9, 2018
I have to ask, why do u want to enable console for this game? Only a couple things are repeatable.

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
I'm seriously debating on getting into this story, but haven't checked out any of ICSTOR's work at all.

For those more knowledgeable than I, what's the appeal here?

E-Dog

Donor
Apr 9, 2018
I'm seriously debating on getting into this story, but haven't checked out any of ICSTOR's work at all.

For those more knowledgeable than I, what's the appeal here?
Its worth it to check out. However, ask this in the walkthrough thread please!

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
anyone got a legit link to dl options.rpy? or how to make it? the one at the top of the thread is for a messenger app of some sort that looks shady as. I want to enable console.
Why do you need to download options.rpy? Is something wrong with the one that comes with the game?

Reactions: E-Dog

Dante696969

Donor
Sep 10, 2017
Hi everyone,

For those of you who don't know me, I'm the writer for the game.

I just wanted to make a short announcement regarding Caroline.

*There are some minor spoilers for 0.4 included within this post, so I would urge you to read at your own caution.*

I've been given some leeway to write scenes as I see fit based upon the images provided. In some instances, this has allowed me to develop characters' backstories beyond what ICSTOR had originally designed or envisioned.

In this instance I chose for Caroline to have several ex-boyfriends given that she's a young woman in her mid-twenties. It only seemed natural that she would have had some previous relationships by that age. I didn't anticipate that it would lead to a backlash in any way. I strongly disagree with some individuals' claims that she is "the town bicycle" or a "slut," but I'm not here to start an argument.

One of the purposes of Caroline's exes was to provide a sharp contrast of how they treated her, compared with how the player treats her. The nightclub scene served as an example of such. Gradually, as Caroline and the player do more together she realises that nothing is the same as it was with her exes. She gets butterflies in her belly with every kiss, she experiences pleasure that past partners never gave to her, and she learns that she might be able to have a healthy romantic relationship with the player.

Another reason I chose this is because I felt it fitted well with her character. Caroline is a character who strives for maturity and independence (Granted, she can't always achieve her goals on her own). It made sense for her to be proactive in her social life, as well as her work life. This is why I wrote her character as having multiple previous relationships.

The final reason is that Caroline is a character who enjoys sex. She's more than happy to use it as a reward for the player when they assist her in her shop. Why would such a character who is both fiercely independent and
positive about sex choose NOT to date and try to find a boyfriend?

I do apologise if you are unhappy with how Caroline's backstory has developed. Any blame for that lies entirely with myself, and not with ICSTOR. At present, I am working with ICSTOR to make small alterations, including editing away references to multiple previous partners. Thankfully, in this medium of art, nothing is set in stone and adjustments can quickly and easily be made to resolve potential issues.

The most productive conversation that can probably be had regarding this is: Are you happy with any of the women having former partners? (Obviously some like Linda require at least one former partner for logic's sake.)

If the answer is a resolute 'no', then I know I can irk away from it during future versions of this game.

I'll remain around for the next hour or so to answer questions - but it's an extremely active thread, so if I don't get back to you I'm probably swamped replying to other users.
I think the part where you fucked up and everyone lost there shit is because you put in the ex-boyfriend in the game. Had it just been mentioned she has previous relationships just by text most of the player based wouldn't have cared but since they were interacting in game i guess everyone NTR flag went up. But i believe since now u know the mind-set of your player-base you wouldn't make the same mistake again. Sum it up the player base wants a Harem and no males in sight other than MC :coldsweat:
*Btw this isn't my opinion just what I see from majority of your player-base. No matter how well you write if the people who pay say its shit then its shit.*

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Regarding everyone losing their shit on the ex-boyfriend:
Some people just don't like competition and just resign themselves to lose.
A well-written ex-boyfriend could create an interesting dynamic as both he and the MC are trying to get into Caroline's pants. It was done extremely poorly in Big Brother so don't take any cues from that game (though in that case it was a NEW boyfriend, but end result was the same). I personally don't mind if you keep the ex in the game, just so long as he isn't another Eric. I haven't played the latest version yet (busy, busy) so I can't really give an opinion on the writing involved.

E-Dog

Donor
Apr 9, 2018
A well-written ex-boyfriend could create an interesting dynamic as both he and the MC are trying to get into Caroline's pants. It was done extremely poorly in Big Brother so don't take any cues from that game (though in that case it was a NEW boyfriend, but end result was the same). I personally don't mind if you keep the ex in the game, just so long as he isn't another Eric. I haven't played the latest version yet (busy, busy) so I can't really give an opinion on the writing involved.
A little bit of confidence goes a long way too. Insecurities are a huge turn off guys.

Dante696969

Donor
Sep 10, 2017
True, but i feel like from a business perspective why take the risk. I feel like the most successful game in the most part are super vanilla with MC and a Harem.

E-Dog

Donor
Apr 9, 2018
True, but i feel like from a business perspective why take the risk. I feel like the most successful game in the most part are super vanilla with MC and a Harem.
Well, if peeps dont try other approaches we will never know.

Edit: I feel like i agree with u on at least the harem part. Personally i hate super vanilla. My girl and me like being freaks so it just doesnt do it for me. Problem is that once you get into a niche u upset other peeps that dont care for said niche

Dante696969

Donor
Sep 10, 2017
Well, if peeps dont try other approaches we will never know
You are correct in your point, but i guess when you are big as ICSTOR its good to use the winning formula, but im sure the writer also has gotten a better understanding of the mentality of his players.

E-Dog

Donor
Apr 9, 2018
You are correct in your point, but i guess when you are big as ICSTOR its good to use the winning formula, but im sure the writer also has gotten a better understanding of the mentality of his players.
Only thing is that probably 99% of us on this thread and site dont contribute to ICSTOR and development team so pissing off peeps here shouldnt hurt their cashflow

Edit: Makes me think of Hollywood and other film companies change writer and directors movies all the time.
Even to Ren & Stimpy and look how creative that was. Once they changed it more it flopped.

Reactions: Dante696969

Dante696969

Donor
Sep 10, 2017
Only thing is that probably 99% of us on this thread and site dont contribute to ICSTOR and development team so pissing off peeps here shouldnt hurt their cashflow

Edit: Makes me think of Hollywood and other film companies change writer and directors movies all the time.
Even to Ren & Stimpy and look how creative that was. Once they changed it more it flopped.
I am wondering if the writer just started recently or has been here since the start. Cause if this update was his first then that looks bad for his morale.

Dodelig

Feb 13, 2018
I am wondering if the writer just started recently or has been here since the start. Cause if this update was his first then that looks bad for his morale.
He work with icstor for a while. (font: few pages ago)

is linda the mom?
Yes.

I don't believe his 4000 patreons think very different than the F95 forum.

The feedback from here can be useful.

E-Dog

Donor
Apr 9, 2018
Onyxdime has been on this site for lil over a year.
Hell, the guy making Daughter for dessert is a member of f95 and is an active participant on his games thread. He has his stuff behind a paywall too. He kinda helps them crack into his games and then uses that knowledge to make security on his games even tighter. They all know what this site is.

3.80 star(s) 406 Votes