atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
the way I understood it, no release until he comes back fully rested and recharged. Which could mean June/July release. if he's pausing pledges at this time then no one should accuse him of intentionally milking his patreons (a la Gumdrop) until he returns.

would be nice to see what stuff he's added so far for Caroline though!

Blitzen

Apr 30, 2017
I hope he release Caroline only, in early august, he said about 600 renders, beside animations, and compare to many devs and their update with 250-300 renders!
Why in august guy said he might finish all of her content this month. My guess is early april caroline release.

Reactions: Joland

zigzagon

May 5, 2017
Just freeze the thread until ICSTOR back, all questions and answers, saves, etc are here.

I remember when DMD have monthly update, DMD thread was just war in every direction, THE CREW just froze thread until updater even few days before, it worked. I'm sure it will worked now as well, give tag [onhold]. Problem solved.
(good that i'm not charge cause my warn/ban hammer would just melt - that's how i hate stupidity)
I wish everyone next 2 months pass fast.
End of speech.

Bbwlover

Nov 12, 2018
Well health is important. Rest as long as you want. I have also other things to do except w8ing for an update. Take your break and dont rush things. See you in 2-3 months depending the update.

KRuger

Oct 17, 2017
What? So you start the new update, you reach 60% of it, and you says to your self: hey I need a break lets take 60 days o_O . Do you really believe on that.

Reactions: Alen Mak

siwyroman

Feb 4, 2018
What? So you start the new update, you reach 60% of it, and you says to your self: hey I need a break lets take 60 days o_O . Do you really believe on that.
it isnt his first game, as someone else mentioned before he is developing games for ~4 years and if the guy said he need a little break i totally understand it. Just check other games meanwhile :)

J II D

Aug 22, 2018
I can relate honestly, as a one man show myself aside from coding and with a way worse rig than his I can see how this shit burns you out especially if you do it since 4 years. Fuck the haters that are jelly of what you achieved and the well deserved cash you made and get healthy again nothing is more important than that. He inspired me to make my own game and I hope one day I can reach his level, love you man and I hope you get better really soon.
Well ...yes and no

I do believe that if you payed a decent amount of money to him or still paying him, you have the "right" to question some things.
I don't mean that you have the right to assault ICstor personally, that should never be the case....I mean question the development/direction of that what you are paying for.

But 99% of the people on this thread haven't payed a dime to anyone ever on patreon, so i would agree that most people should just shut their mouth and thank the heavens that somebody releases this game for them so they can play it.

Personally i am not "jelly" in the slightest amount, not really sure what i should be jealous of....
Have a amazing life with a amazing wife with a amazing house.... That's good enough for me.

As far as him burning himself out(Not that i believe that part, but for the sake of the argument let's go with it).
If that's really the case, the most simple solution would be to get someone else to help you.... Spread the workload so you have time for life.

Will end with that despite my personal issues with ICstor, i really wish ICstor the best in the future.
If it's the burn out then i hope that he comes back in a couple months with a fresh head, if it's anything else then i wish him all the best and i really hope that he doesn't abandon another game... Not for his or my sake, but for the thousands of Pledgers who invested in this game for it to be completed.
Also want to say again that he scored a +1 with me with his decision to freeze his patreon for the time being.

Reactions: Farhanzx

Pica-bu

Dec 21, 2017
So as I start read the last post from dev I started to feel annoyed and frustrated about the whole topic of post, because let's be honest - this game is one of (and for more people THE one) the best game there is now, and you get very angry when some delay appears or stuff like that (and truth be told who doesn't want to f*ck Caroline for the past year when she leaves us with the blue balls), but as I continue to read I kinda start to see the devs point of view and start to understand his prospective. Not to mentionate the fact, that this like the first dev that actualy said "Hi everyone... sorry but I need to take a break for a couple of months and in that time no one is gonna be charged and everyone who pledged this month is going to get the next update for free" I really respect him for doing that, instead just vanishing into the nothingness like the others devs do. So yea.. this kinda suks that we have to wait update like to the point of mid summer but something tels me that it`s worth waiting. Best regards to the dev... and I guess we just patiently waiting for now.:coffee:

Aquatic

Aug 7, 2018
While I'm supportive of him taking a break for health reasons, I do wish he had been a little more clear about if he was just going to release the Caroline content or hold everything back.

He talkes about it in the final few paragraphs but never commits to anything. IMO it sounds like most of the Caroline stuff is done. Might as well put the polishing touches on it and release it.

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
While I'm supportive of him taking a break for health reasons, I do wish he had been a little more clear about if he was just going to release the Caroline content or hold everything back.

He talkes about it in the final few paragraphs but never commits to anything. IMO it sounds like most of the Caroline stuff is done. Might as well put the polishing touches on it and release it.
He's not entirely clear on that, almost as if he's debating whether he'll do just that or not. For the 0.6 update, he planned both Caroline and Celia. He mostly finished the Caroline stuff, but apparently didn't do much Celia rendering yet.

So, should he decide to quickly clear Caroline's renders and release without Celia, there are bound to be complaints.
If he decides to push through and do the Celia renders as well, he'll definitely burn out and will probably abandon making games altogether for the next 3-5 years.
If he decides to take a break and finish the last Caroline renders after he gets back, do the Celia renders, and then release 0.6 as planned, we'll get an update that is, without doubt, much better in overall quality.

And truth be told, ICSTOR put his Patreon on hold, so he's not like one of *many* leeches who start a project, do two (badly translated) updates and then disappear, while keeping their Patreon open and the dollars rolling in. Just look through the patreons of many abondoned games here, and you'll find that happens a LOT.

3.80 star(s) 405 Votes