hobby2121

Jan 13, 2020
I'm a bit envious. I'd love to have enough freedom and resources to be able to support artists and developers.

Everyone helps in their own way. Some do it financially, others use word of mouth to promote the games. And some look for bugs and give suggestions and ideas for improvement. Money isn't everything. Everything combined I am sure helps the developer achieve their end game goal which I hope is to produce a good enough game that satisfies themselves as well as everyone else who also walked the journey with them.

That's how I see it. I am not good at finding bugs or giving suggestions for improvement. I see a lot of people here are and that's great. Yes, some just like to criticize a game and not really contribute anything positive and that's ok to, the developer just needs to ignore the trolls and that's also a learning curve.

I wasn't around in this "pledge" mindset when studio kuma was going through their rough patch last year. If I was, I definitely would of pledged whatever amount they needed. I am also not a long term commitment type pledger anyway. I'll probably do this for like a year or so, on and off, and move on to something else. Even on platforms like Twitch, I only gift streamers like under $10,000/month for 3-4 months and then take a break. Everyone spends money differently.

Taurusmale67

May 29, 2021
I didn't get the option to give the money in the supervisor's private room. How do I get on the Octavia romantic path?
I still haven't figured out what the romantic route is. After trying this instruction twice, I still failed. But thank you very much!

VictorDoUrden

May 5, 2020
I'm actually quite a high gifter to many other social media platforms like Twitch. This adult gaming community was new to me..still is. I didn't learn about Patreon until last year and slowly started to pledge $5 here and there. It was last month when I tried to create a game of my own that I realized how difficult it was to even start. So I changed my mindset and wanted to pledge to developers I thought seem nice and also their games I enjoyed immensely.

No longer just about the value of the game itself (because really a game is only worth like $60 ..games like Grand Turismo or Cyberpunk), but the support to help these developers achieve something that I cant do. So hence I went on this journey, and found StudioKuma. But now I don't know anymore. I tend to be a bit wishy washy. Its not about the amount I spend, since I do spend a lot. I tend to think about every choice I make when it comes to money. So even in the same day I can go from $5 pledges to $1500 pledges, but I can also just go from $1500 to $0. But even if I do that with my pledges, I still pay it, so the developers don't lose out. They still get the money.

So maybe at one point I even felt I was being milked..because people would say to me "hobby2121, you are definitely being milked". I would justify and give excuses..but my wife was the one who told me I should really figure out if this is what I want. So I took a step back after the $1500/mth pledge..and now I don't know. My original budget was only suppose to be $500/mth. Of course as I learn more and more about which developers really appreciate every supporter and which are just talk and want your money, I will hopefully become more knowledgeable.

For now I actually did repledge yesterday, but I still couldn't get any access to any of his patron post, so I unpledged again..I don't know..maybe Patreon just hates me on his page only. All the other developers I pledged to I can see their patron post even after I canceled my pledges with them. The month isn't over yet. I was already charged and paid it all.

By the way, I already sent the f95 moderator that I want to donate to f95 too. Because I really appreciate f95's community in introducing all these games to me. So as soon as that opportunity arises, I will pledge.
Damn you rich as fuck. I'd love to do the same however as well as help out people I know who are even way more fucked then I could ever be. Overall though even if I had billions I would or would not donate to those who make stuff I adore depending on how much they are already getting. There is a line (or more like a few for like 99% of the general populace aside from those with different brain wiring) for how money cant effect their production/motivation/greed and so on. Ya want people to earn enough but not enough to start telling people to fuck off in what they want cause they got more customers/consumers or start to want to branch out from what got em there in the first place. Rare are the artists that stay true to their passion and fans to the end. Entire psychological process there that and one person has little effect if the artist is making a decent amount. However if one has the money and sees someone great starting out it is very pleasurable to know you grabbed their hand and pulled them up and pushed them to make something great. Personally I'd love to hire out and fund devs to make real quality games as great as possible all the while being as offensive to any sjw faggot as possible with realistic tones then the wishy washy shit that some devs even do here

• Red Heart
Reactions: Simbad-sea

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
And you were doing so well keeping it positive...

Last edited:

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
New update when?

After reading some of the feedback our alpha players provided us, I've decided to delay the Beta and Official version for two days so we could include the currently WIP scene in it.

So here's the updated release date:
Beta: June 15th
Official: June 19th

Please bear with us as we are experimenting with some new techniques which we hoped would speed up and/or improve our outputs. It may not always work and failures may cost us some time so it's always a bit tough in the begining.
Neither me nor our artist wants to stay in our comfort zone for too long, and jumping out of it, experimenting new techniques and learning new skill all requires some extra time, but the end goal is to make our future updates/game better, so please, bear with us for now.

P.S. You guys will love the Two animations we'll be updating in August. I promise.

screlic95

Dec 3, 2019

After reading some of the feedback our alpha players provided us, I've decided to delay the Beta and Official version for two days so we could include the currently WIP scene in it.

Please bear with us as we are experimenting with some new techniques which we hoped would speed up and/or improve our outputs. It may not always work and failures may cost us some time so it's always a bit tough in the begining.
Neither me nor our artist wants to stay in our comfort zone for too long, and jumping out of it, experimenting new techniques and learning new skill all requires some extra time, but the end goal is to make our future updates/game better, so please, bear with us for now.

P.S. You guys will love the Two animations we'll be updating in August. I promise.
Thanks man

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018

Thanks mate!

Can't wait to see Riley once again.

Reactions: Abhai

thealucid

Oct 10, 2018
Damn you rich as fuck. I'd love to do the same however as well as help out people I know who are even way more fucked then I could ever be. Overall though even if I had billions I would or would not donate to those who make stuff I adore depending on how much they are already getting. There is a line (or more like a few for like 99% of the general populace aside from those with different brain wiring) for how money cant effect their production/motivation/greed and so on. Ya want people to earn enough but not enough to start telling people to fuck off in what they want cause they got more customers/consumers or start to want to branch out from what got em there in the first place. Rare are the artists that stay true to their passion and fans to the end. Entire psychological process there that and one person has little effect if the artist is making a decent amount. However if one has the money and sees someone great starting out it is very pleasurable to know you grabbed their hand and pulled them up and pushed them to make something great. Personally I'd love to hire out and fund devs to make real quality games as great as possible all the while being as offensive to any sjw faggot as possible with realistic tones then the wishy washy shit that some devs even do here
If you had a billion (let alone billions) giving someone $1500 a month would have about the same impact on your personal wealth as the median net worth American giving someone twenty cents. It's pocket change you'd lose in your pants every day of the week, or dump into a tip jar to get rid of.

Like you have so much money, that if you had it all in some basic savings account accruing 2% a year you'd be making 20 million doing fucking nothing.

VictorDoUrden

May 5, 2020
If you had a billion (let alone billions) giving someone $1500 a month would have about the same impact on your personal wealth as the median net worth American giving someone twenty cents. It's pocket change you'd lose in your pants every day of the week, or dump into a tip jar to get rid of.

Like you have so much money, that if you had it all in some basic savings account accruing 2% a year you'd be making 20 million doing fucking nothing.
While very true Id more eagerly hand out to worthwhile causes then give anything even time of day to off top of my head a disaster like star citizen which has wasted millions with little to show for it. Though tbh if I did have that money, things like this would be below other things. I'd love to fund like lawsuits towards large video game companies, or hitmen for poachers and the poachers family and friends. For hitmen on politicians that support the 1% or vote against higher taxes for the rich or politicians that are procensor in japan. Then Id full on sponsor NOPY, this site, games like this but bigger. I assure you if I had such money it wouldnt sit around. No one not even myself or friends or family should accrue such money and hide it away and fuck the economy. I'd give most of it away as Id be more like to kill myself then to stand hypocrisy from myself. It aint about if it were even worthless pocket change its about principles. Seen too many a person or artist lose their own to money by taking it and running off, let alone other things people do.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Simbad-sea
4.10 star(s) 139 Votes