Arnav Dasari

Sep 14, 2020
It's gonna depend on the person's taste in the Cyberpunk genre too.
True.

I'm also aware that there's others who are just not into the setting.
Yeah, I myself kinda on a fence about it. I guess I'd prefer something more optimistic setting- and plotwise, like solarpunk or cyberprep. Actually, my favourite settings would've been either a high/epic fantasy or a classic space opera. But there are a lot of games in these settings, including some very high-profile projects ("Subverse"), so it would bring a lot of competition plus people are already used to these settings. Meanwhile the only well known CP game I can remember is the "City Of Broken Dreamers". And one more important thing - fantasy/space opera done properly would require a lot of unique and ornate designs for clothes, armour, buildings/vehicles, which would rise the workload for the artist; while a cyberpunk can be as minimalist as it gets.

I consider myself as sort of casual cyberpunk genre fan
So, disregarding the whole situation with "Milky Touch", are you exited about the "Neon Touch"?
Judging by the two teaser pictures I'd say their current vision is certainly inspired by CP2077, at least visually. I hope when they'll start development in earnest the game would get it's own visual style instead of the "early 90's rave" of 2077.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
So, disregarding the whole situation with "Milky Touch", are you exited about the "Neon Touch"?
Judging by the two teaser pictures I'd say their current vision is certainly inspired by CP2077, at least visually. I hope when they'll start development in earnest the game would get it's own visual style instead of the "early 90's rave" of 2077.
Well, I can't say much without knowing the premise (I mean yes, we won't know the whole story until we get to play it, but Kuma can still share basic premise of the game to give us an idea what it may be about, and that premise can be sort of used as a gauge as to whether people will get hyped or not).

Also, other than those 2 screenshots Kuma would need to share the looks of the LIs.

So I guess, my anticipation for NT is......I guess lack of the better term ranging from "so-so to mild" at the moment?
But as I said, we don't really know anything (I think the only thing I remember reading is MT and NT will share the same universe), and expectations can change so I'm more in the let's wait and see mode in terms of NT.

Probably not the clearly cut answer you're looking for, but it's my honest opinion.

Reactions: Arnav Dasari

skyblazer

Feb 7, 2020
What if the new game would have someone as lovely as Claudia?

Well, I can tell to you that the spoiler contains black stockings and garter belt. Not much else.
Maybe, but actually I am not a fan of Cyberpunk, so I am not sure I will fall in love with new character as much as Claudia.

Reactions: John-18

Arnav Dasari

Sep 14, 2020
Maybe, but actually I am not a fan of Cyberpunk, so I am not sure I will fall in love with new character as much as Claudia.
I hear you, man. Even if there's gonna be someone as good as Claudia (or in my case Octavia), she won't be Claudia - and it just won't feel the same, right.

Reactions: skyblazer

Knots

Sep 12, 2020
the price of high quality fully colored art is probably a mojar reason for the finance problems, art like what is in the game would go for 200 - 500 dollers or more if you commissioned it, and the sheer amount of it in the game must cost a lot even if the artist is giving them a discount

MercyHealer

Jul 29, 2019
the price of high quality fully colored art is probably a mojar reason for the finance problems, art like what is in the game would go for 200 - 500 dollers or more if you commissioned it, and the sheer amount of it in the game must cost a lot even if the artist is giving them a discount
I'm not saying you're wrong but maybe this dev is just bad about financial management? There is plenty other games out there use 2D drawing art and they're doing just fine. The reason I'm saying this is I saw dev blow money on pointless voice actor while they're clearly still struggling with money. Voices is fine and all but it should be a lowest priority for these type of games.

CME1853

Sep 26, 2021
So - some disagree with Kuma's choice to have VA - and I agree with his VA choices (I wish there were more fully voiced women but that's not going to happen - oh well). Those who disagree on the choice to have VA as unnecessary or unaffordable are making a judgment call more than 3 years after this AVN was started - the benefit of hindsight. It has no bearing on reality since anyone passing that judgment has had more than 3 years of time and data to pass judgment on versus Kuma and team who made the decisions about VA and other aspects of the AVN in the first half of 2018 prior to crafting the first rev of this great AVN.

One of the things that attracted me to Milky Touch was the VA, and I have always been impressed with the VA selected for Claudia. This was part of the benefit of being a Patreon and supporting this AVN - some great VA.

I can't say how many Patreons joined because of the VA but I Know that I am one of them.

Many can talk about $ management and choices from 4q2021 without ever having had to fund the team for 3+ years while trying to create something that they could be proud of while attracting enough $ to continue this great creation.

As has been said before - there was simply not enough $ contributed to keep Milky Touch going, and I'm glad that we are getting some kind of ending versus another abandoned AVN which happens all too often.

So, Patreon or someone taking Milky Touch for free, Kuma is releasing the second to last update in late October and I am looking forward to it.

thealucid

Oct 10, 2018
I, too, like your work for Milky Touch. Albeit I do have a comment about it; something that's been bothering me a bit since I first played MT.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I think this might be a matter of personal opinion. I love vivid descriptions, and find games with a one liner describing the sex scene trite and boring.

Reactions: Wolfkins and jetama

Immoral Player

Sep 13, 2018
Maybe i am dumb but can someone help me understand how does ending MT and moving to a new project help them financially? Since they are planning to keep the quality in terms of same artist(s) and voiceover and music etc in this new game how is this supposed to solve the financial situation?

To me this leaves a bad taste in my mouth as i personally feel that they have lost quite a little credibility especially to me, at the start of MT i was impressed with monthly updates that were substantial in both quality and quantity, the later part of MT it started to extend to a month half and now up to 2months++ per update and still the quality and quantity is the same as monthly updates and alot of the paths were not explored fully even after extending the time between updates.

I probably would not support their new project anymore until i see that it's worth supporting. This is just my personal opinion and i would love to hear any counter argument.

Wildquill

Sunwave Hotel
Game Developer
Jun 5, 2017
I, too, like your work for Milky Touch. Albeit I do have a comment about it; something that's been bothering me a bit since I first played MT.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks Arnav. Yeah I tend to go a little far with the purple prose. I like to think that I've improved on that over the course of MT and taken the lesson for my other game.

I don't want people running into the Karen Masturbation scene and just having to go click click click. It's wasteful, and probably a bit of a mood killer :).

Will you be writing for Neon Touch as well, once Milky Touch development has finished?
That is the plan.

Thank you for dedicated work Wildquill, not the conclusion of the project that everybody hoped for, but we really appreciate your work man. So again, thank you.

And also I love your new project this year on Sunwave Hotel, I wish you all the best!
Thank you so much, Spear01. And thanks for your kind words on Sunwave Hotel. I hope that one day it can rise to the level of Milky Touch. Right now, I'm mostly just focused on the main story, characters (side and main) and sexy bits. But one day I'll have a nice UI and other stuff. If you have any more thoughts, please drop them on the SH Thread. I've love to hear them.

I think this might be a matter of personal opinion. I love vivid descriptions, and find games with a one liner describing the sex scene trite and boring.
Thank you Thealucid. It can definitely be a bit of a balancing act. It's part of why I still love writing naughty bits even after however many scenes I've written :)

Arnav Dasari

Sep 14, 2020
It can definitely be a bit of a balancing act.
It's not like you need my advice, but I think that the main purpose of text in VN's sex scenes is to convey what the pictures can't show - i.e. what the characters think and feel, what's going on inside their heads, not with their bodies.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 139 Votes