Bloodly

Feb 27, 2019
Something that comes to mind: adding new content will be harder here, because they'll have to match the program used for these renders. I wonder how many will try?

RealChestnut

Feb 20, 2018
When you say this is inspired by Ashford Academy Redux, I instantly put on watch. I'll try out the game soon!!

Su.IT

'Mind the School' dev
Game Developer
Apr 26, 2020
Something that comes to mind: adding new content will be harder here, because they'll have to match the program used for these renders. I wonder how many will try?
yeah I get that. But I didn't want to be limited to images from the web. So even if most won't bother, I hope there will be at least one who does :D

ayy

Sep 14, 2016
Ticks all my boxes, esp if this is going to be like Ashford. Will watch closely.

RealChestnut

Feb 20, 2018
The start is interesting, but considering it is inspired by Ashford Academy Redux, there are going to be a lot of issues.

Firstly, I found the pace way too extreme compared to what it should be, I know the potion will die down but the jump will make any progress you make feel empty and unfulfilling. Just like the security started out reserved for having sex and helping you. I wish there were better ways to convert her as it feels a bit superficial, like ok she is now more open but her judgement should not be so changed that she wants to suddenly corrupt everyone. (IMO potions this early feel like I've added a cheat code, i would want it but half way through the game when I unlock the science building)

In Ashford Academy Redux, what made it interesting was the randomness of events, I do wonder how you will do this as even at the start I would normally expect at least 5 to 10 scenes for the most basic formal setting. If you can generate this then fair play but it'll be hard.

I think for advice, I'd take away the comment about being inspired by Ashford Academy Redux as it'll create way too high of expectations. I wish I did not see it as I would not have been as critical.

The positive is that the scenes are actually really nice and I fully enjoyed myself, if you can recreate this with the randomness you mentioned then it'll be amazing!

jaboney

Jun 9, 2019
Definetly need the middle mouse to hide dialogue functionality. I'm fine if the game is very close to HHS+ or Ashford as long as you keep at it :)

Nyst

Aug 18, 2017
Extremely bare bones, so much so that there isn't even any gameplay yet.
The premise is a familiar one, let's hope that this is one that actually gets finished.
The models look good, I like the different outfits. The writing is kinda stiff. There's an info dump in the beginning that isn't really needed.

Reactions: hoshimota

Sennistrasz

Oct 6, 2020
This seems very WIP, not very good first impression to be introduced in the introduction to the secretary named Secretary and the principal named Principal, who gives a very generic speech, "hello I am principal, behave or I will punish you". Principal is later named Mr. Izuku despite the game asking for names at the start.

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
I mean it has some potential but... there is practically nothing here yet. I don't really get the current trend of releasing a 'demo' with virtually no content. This is basically a proof of concept that establishes that the dev can indeed load a game window, handle user input from the mouse and keyboard, display images and videos and sound effects and music... that's about it.

It's fairly rough, there are typos and places where it switches randomly between 'headmaster' and 'principal' titles (presumably the same person but not 100% clear?) It also uses some stock name once or twice that don't match the name you provide when prompted for a name.

Also, the bit where the MC orders some kind of chemical and gives it to everyone, ON DAY ONE, causing them to all become horny morons and parade around naked was really, painfully dumb. Dude please rethink this, go play 'The Headmaster' and see how that game builds up very slowly, the MC has to carefully introduce sketchy shit gradually over time and build support among the staff to get away with it... That is much more effective than just taking a cheesy shortcut from day one. I am not telling you this to be a dick, I think it's a very important point... corruption needs to built up slowly. Your story and game will suffer immensely if you rush it this way.

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes