RPGM Abandoned Mira Co Rescue [0.5.1a] [Ankhrono]

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes

medassin

Apr 5, 2018
Currently im playing lastest version 042. i cant play normal so i use nwsj to help play.
First, when i have combat, it has error cant load file img/system/bd_standard/bd_hug.png. i look files in floder and found the file located into floder name ether_standard... in stead of bd_standard, so i rename all files in that floder with standard or std. now i can load combat but it become this. Do u know what this happen?

Ankhrono

Game Developer
May 21, 2019
Currently im playing lastest version 042. i cant play normal so i use nwsj to help play.
First, when i have combat, it has error cant load file img/system/bd_standard/bd_hug.png. i look files in floder and found the file located into floder name ether_standard... in stead of bd_standard, so i rename all files in that floder with standard or std. now i can load combat but it become this. Do u know what this happen?
I don't have a lot of experience with the nwsj file when it comes to playing the game but it appears to be running into similar errors when people try and use the index.html file to run the game. Since it uses a specific plugin for the battle system and hud it tends to fail to recognize the folders that the files are stored in. The game should be using the bd_ether folder in the system. The screenshot you provided doesn't seem to be using the correct spacing and sizing that the plugin would be setting up properly for battles.
What type of computer are you running?

medassin

Apr 5, 2018
I don't have a lot of experience with the nwsj file when it comes to playing the game but it appears to be running into similar errors when people try and use the index.html file to run the game. Since it uses a specific plugin for the battle system and hud it tends to fail to recognize the folders that the files are stored in. The game should be using the bd_ether folder in the system. The screenshot you provided doesn't seem to be using the correct spacing and sizing that the plugin would be setting up properly for battles.
What type of computer are you running?
i use my old pc with os winxp. If u no have other way, i must give up this game although i love it.

imp16k4

Game Developer
Jan 15, 2018
Why you can t play it normal?
Give it you a error message if you try to open the exe?

Ankhrono

Game Developer
May 21, 2019
up!

In terms of the XP Windows for MV, there may be games that do not use some of the plugins that are in the newer version(s) of MV that XP was able to handle previously but cannot now. Mira Co Rescue uses quite a few plugins that change the battle system and how things are called into play. It is the same reason an android port may be difficult but I do not have access to XP or an Android device currently to do any extensive testing.

Reactions: medassin
Apr 15, 2020
up!

In terms of the XP Windows for MV, there may be games that do not use some of the plugins that are in the newer version(s) of MV that XP was able to handle previously but cannot now. Mira Co Rescue uses quite a few plugins that change the battle system and how things are called into play. It is the same reason an android port may be difficult but I do not have access to XP or an Android device currently to do any extensive testing.
glad for th update. i for one dont think the game has overstayed it's welcome. there's not many games ive played that are like this one

bluewolf194

Apr 9, 2020
up!

You might be able to use bluestacks to emulate mobile.

Furabia

Donor
Jun 23, 2019
Ankhrono It's really interesting to read your thoughts on the project as a whole and its scope, so thanks for sharing the insight.

I've mentioned previously that I like your art style as there's a lot of charm to it. The themes and fetishes that you work with are very pleasing which I really appreciate, and as an artist you clearly have talent and definitely garnered fans who enjoy these niche themes. What I'm saying is that as far as the art goes, Mira Co is great and unique.

But as far as game design and gameplay goes, Mira Co does seem a bit "aimless" at the moment, perhaps lacking a more clearer long term vision. The game does feel like you're coming up with gameplay and story progression as you go along; it feels like every section is patched together instead of being part of a concise whole. It's not necessarily bad mind you but it does make for quite a "meandering" experience, so to speak. For now, I play it more like a "gallery" of sorts enjoying seeing the girls in various peril situations as opposed to playing and enjoying it as a proper overarching story.

It is as you said after all; it started as a small hobby which kinda snowballed from there so it's perfectly understandable why it is so because there wasn't an initial design plan and you just went along working on it little by little. Also the game is still being developed so maybe it's too early to bother with that because once you're closer to completion you would go back and tie everything up together into a more concise experience anyways.

So we finally reach the question that you proposed: what should you do moving forward after 0.5?

On the one hand, you could continue working on Mira Co, adding more content at your own pace and eventually tie up all of the game's sections and areas into a more continuous game experience. Alternatively you could retire the project and if you feel like it already gave you enough experience, you could start a new one where you would have a design plan from the start to create a better and more focused project.

It's a tough decision but it's ultimately up to you. I personally would be okay either way: I like the main trio of characters as well as some side characters, so I definitely would like to see more of them and their stories being ultimately fleshed out. But I'm also confident that any new project that you started would be right up my alley, specially if starting fresh would enable you to create a better game... so yeah wherever you decide to go forward, as long as you're happy to work on something that you're inspired and not burned out, I'll be following it.

Reactions: Ankhrono

Ankhrono

Game Developer
May 21, 2019
New . Adds the Halloween Game Over for the spooky season!

Reactions: Furabia

tohabohu

Jan 22, 2019
Hello just passing by to tell you i love your game ankhrono. I discover it from random links, yet i've spent some hours on it already. Keep up the good work ;)

Reactions: Ankhrono

Ankhrono

Game Developer
May 21, 2019
up on Itchio!

In other news, the On Map Event Images for the Khrono Tomb are now all completed. Next up is the remaining 3 Game Over Sequences. Getting closer to the 0.5.0 milestone build as we finish the images needed for it so only programming, character sprites, and some system art remains!

I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe out there!

Hello just passing by to tell you i love your game ankhrono. I discover it from random links, yet i've spent some hours on it already. Keep up the good work ;)
Thank you so much! More content is being worked on : >

Apr 15, 2020
up on Itchio!

In other news, the On Map Event Images for the Khrono Tomb are now all completed. Next up is the remaining 3 Game Over Sequences. Getting closer to the 0.5.0 milestone build as we finish the images needed for it so only programming, character sprites, and some system art remains!

I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe out there!
is 0.4.3a the current build for the game?

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes