3.50 star(s) 57 Votes

MrPerson28475

Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020
From Lemonkey's Patreon.

We're finally here! Script has been written, and is at a point where scene production can start. There'll be rewrites as we move along for sure (hence the last 10%), but I can finally hop back into the shot work!
Location dressing and master lighting setups is the next order of the day. Will be testing a couple mood lights for each scene this time. Keeping it vague, but I'm exploring doing some sort of flashes between real world and the dream one. Just to lend a bit more of a graphical feel to the scene. Should be interesting to see if we can pull it off.
Will post some spoiler-free renders once we get to that point.

I'm ready to collapse into bed now, have a great week all!
Lemonkey

lostboy

Jul 9, 2017
OK I love the story...well thought out and well written.
The artwork is great...
Heres the rub...Those of us that have followed along with this (for some years now) have to wonder...We waited all this time to get the current end? Without giving it away...c'mon bro..."inside" not "outside"!!! Jeez...

Reactions: ImariKurumi

MrPerson28475

Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020
From Lemonkey's Patreon.

Hey folks, hope you've had a great week!
I get pangs of guilt when attempting to just...play a game. This gnawing feeling of anxiety at the back of my head that I'm not doing stuff I should be doing, so I'm back and splitting my time a bit. I can't stay away D:
Bits of stream of consciousness writing below - sorry if it seems I'm rambling a bit. Putting this out in text so that it also help get my thoughts in order.
So, since this is the update that would likely see our characters do the deed, I'll be gently chauffeuring it towards that goal. It's constantly on my mind if I've approached it right. Turning it over in my head, trying to find ways to improve the events leading up to it. It's got to feel natural, and that's the trickiest bit.
I try not to second guess it too much.
The current pacing feel right, but we might need another event to give them a firm kick into gear. Might write in another scene if it comes to it. Might also mean removing a scene (another candidate for behind-the-scenes cut content) so a new one can fit in better. Hard to tell without images to back up the script, but those are slowly coming along so...we'll see.
Loads and loads left to do. Have a great weekend all,
I'll see you again next week,
Lemonkey

MrPerson28475

Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020
From Lemonkey's Patreon.

1686751273892.png

Progress update
Hey folks, hope you're having a great week - we got a hefty chunk done this week and last, hopefully we'll speed up now that most of the master scenes are done. Rendering to start soon after!
You'll also notice the writing dropped back down a little, worry not, this will not slow us down any further - just a visual indication of the rewrites that'll be happening through out the process!
So what's with this rewrite? I alluded to this a little in the previous posts - we're reaching the moment we've all wanted. That will definitely be in this release, and with the way things are written, the main story of Richard, MC and our beloved characters will likely end in v0.22 (That's not to say the saga with Diane is done, oh no. Just that the B-plot with Richard will end.) And for those on the corruption path... expect a messy ending :)
Renders to come soon after most of the posing is done, maybe in a week or two, and in the meantime, have a great week folks.
Lemonkey

MrPerson28475

Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020
From Lemonkey's Patreon.

Hey folks, hope you're having a great week! Some quick updates on my end -
Covid is done with, thank goodness. Still have a persistent cough and it gave me some throat infection but it should go away soon (I hope). I wouldn't wish this one on anybody. Stay safe folks.

I'm back to scene setup and also render tests, above you see one of a location we're visiting. I'll still need to do this one up with mood lighting, to impart a sense of anxiety when looking at it. Will be posting my tests for those soon!
Writing has gone down a bit because I'm rewriting in the background. We've got a pivotal moment for this release and I'm finding it hard to look at my work and be happy with it. The urge to throw things away and redo is very real - I have to take a step back and look at it with fresh eyes.
Perfect is the enemy of Good Enough.
That's it for now, the weekend is coming up and I'll be taking the opportunity to not look at the script and continue with the scene setup. I can do this.
Have a great weekend all!
Lemonkey

alfredoschiaff

May 14, 2021
this game/novel (sorry, dont know exact definition, im newbie) is an absolute masterpiece. Protagonists are perfectly characterized, both physically and temperamentally, dialogues, pauses, is all perfectly balanced to bring who is watching/living their complex story into a lust/love fantastic reality. Slow? Yes is slow and so it has to be....is absolute perfection...for the first time i dont skip any dialogue to discover and enjoy all details. Hope will be a lot of chapters....cant wait to read/enjoy this fantastic story again. To all developers: well done!!!

MrPerson28475

Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020
From Lemonkey's Patreon

Unlocked

Hey folks, hope you've got a great weekend.
I think my cough's completely gone now, haven't had the need to drink any cough syrup at all for the last couple days. This thing really beats you up even on the way to recovery.

Another environment render as we start work into another location, I've crushed the black values pretty hard on this one to get nicer silhouette shapes - focus would be on the shadows on the wall, and therefore for a shot like this, the loss of details in the dark areas doesn't bother me as much.
Still experimenting with getting a bigger shadow cast, while keep the edges sharp and defined, it's not quite looking the way I'll like it to be at the moment.
Also added a slight green tint in the foreground elements - just adding a touch of uneasiness to the scene, while the warmer light in the background invites you closer.
Painting the scenes with lights to tell a story on its own takes awhile, but I hope you'll agree it's well worth it! The goal is to try and tell a story - even with the lack of words. That way when the dialogue and text eventually goes in, it'll make it even better. One frame at a time.
That's it for now, I've got a slew of scenes I'll be working into in the coming weeks - though I'll skip showing some because of potential spoilers.
Have a great week all,
Lemonkey

MrPerson28475

Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020
Got this when I downloaded from Mega: Trojan:Win32/Casdet!rfn
I'd put that down as a false positive, I always use mega for this game and never had any trouble. Downloaded again today and ran the zip and extracted files through Avira and nothing, see screenshot. Screenshot (409).png
Hope you had better luck with one of the other links. As you are on pc I would recommend turning off windows defender when downloading from here and using one of the free AV's. My opinion only.

Reactions: bsg9000
3.50 star(s) 57 Votes