3.50 star(s) 57 Votes

MrPerson28475

Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020
From Lemonkey's Patreon

Unlocked

Hey folks, sorry for that wait! Bit of update in various departments because the ability to focus on one thing at a time is apparently lost on me. Had to wrangle Daz3D's update that messed up some transparency (Hence the fog in the test render - had to make sure I understood what's broken and how to work around it.)

I "fixed" it eventually, by not using the transparency denoiser. The quality drop is minimal - unless we're rendering a glossy, glassy, shiny scene. Turns out the issue is on Nividia's end, the driver that borked this is still live and there's no fix incoming in the near future. Well. I'll just avoid overly shiny scenes in the future.

The most important bits of our shading still works great though!
This is not completely just a test however - it's also relevant to our upcoming release, though the final render might look slightly different, don't quite like how hard the edges of the shadows are here, and we're missing some bounce lights, otherwise I'm happy with how this one turns out in low light conditions! (especially since...everything is low light conditions here :))
Will post more soon!
Have great week all,
Lemonkey

KeShane

Jun 3, 2020
Still nothing with mc's mum? (I expect not, haven't downloaded any version this year. and half of last year. i expect less then 30 minute content out of that whole year:FacePalm:)

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
ahh yeah NO .... i said simply put ..... 7zip would not unzip that file .... because it has a virus .... if you want to argue ... do it with unzip .. not me !!!
lol, since when does 7zip care about a virus. It doesn't scan for one...

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
dude mine does :unsure:
Show me a screenshot then of the option within 7Zip to scan for a virus...

But to iterate, since you won't be able to... 7zip never has and will never contain a virus scanner, it doesn't even have an option to call an external one...
And even if it would have one, it would be a very bad one since it hasn't been updated since June 20th. But since it doesn't, that's not a big deal.

What it does have is a Test command/option to verify the integrity of a file for damage/corruption.
So if you see a popup with some warning about, in this case, another false positive... it definitely is not coming from 7zip.
And since the file on Mega or any of the other mirrors is there since mid-March and nobody complained about this when it got released the first time, and no reports of infected systems have been posted after that time...
It's safe to say you're seeing a false positive... wouldn't be the first one either...

Think for a second... if the downloads are already up since mid-March, and there _really_ was a virus in one of them, wouldn't people not already have screamed bloody murder?
And would mods then deliberately leave the links up, so this site would get a bad rep for spreading viruses?
I don't think so...

Last edited:

keefer43

Dec 24, 2019
The "Virus" is often the extra software that the DL service you are using is unnecessarily attaching/including - sometimes some kind of Chrome extension that is truly a virus of some kind. The other thing that crops up is the version of Renpy that is used to develop the game itself. Some of the versions do things that the Virus Protection software doesn't like: like innocently include an icon for the game. This may also trigger a false positive.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Show me a screenshot then of the option within 7Zip to scan for a virus...

But to iterate, since you won't be able to... 7zip never has and will never contain a virus scanner, it doesn't even have an option to call an external one...
And even if it would have one, it would be a very bad one since it hasn't been updated since June 20th. But since it doesn't, that's not a big deal.

What it does have is a Test command/option to verify the integrity of a file for damage/corruption.
So if you see a popup with some warning about, in this case, another false positive... it definitely is not coming from 7zip.
And since the file on Mega or any of the other mirrors is there since mid-March and nobody complained about this when it got released the first time, and no reports of infected systems have been posted after that time...
It's safe to say you're seeing a false positive... wouldn't be the first one either...

Think for a second... if the downloads are already up since mid-March, and there _really_ was a virus in one of them, wouldn't people not already have screamed bloody murder?
And would mods then deliberately leave the links up, so this site would get a bad rep for spreading viruses?
I don't think so...
dude i'm done with this conversation .. i know thats all that matters ... grow up :rolleyes:

• Angry
Reactions: FaceCrap

MrPerson28475

Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020
From Lemokeys Patreon.

Unlocked

How's it going folks? Bit of a late update again, most of the work done was rendering and reworking the final scene. It's both awkward and difficult to write a convincing intimate scene - maybe because as the writer, I can't help but reread it and cringe, and thus begin the process of rewrites and much furrowed brows.

That said, that's not stopping me from doing the scenes and renders for it. I know how it needs to be staged, I just need the prose to go along with it. The location is not the right one btw. This one will not be taking place at home. I'm obfuscating the actual set because spoilers. The mood and intent I'm going for would still stay of course. Needs that warm and cool lighting setup.
(small aside - The sharp eyes would noticed that I've always pushed the warm and cool lights in each scene depending on the situation. Eg: When they're coming back in the car and things aren't going well - it's usually a cool grey tint over the shot. Enjoying a nice moment? I'll brush in a bit of warmth along the edges.)

And finally the chart
I'm hoping to clip along at roughly 5% posing done each week, accounting for re-works. Currently the word count is already larger then both Romance and Corruption route combined in previous updates - and this is just the corruption route we're on. Lots to do!
Apologies again for the late update! I might keep to this cadence a bit as I untangle the mess on my end. I'm both dreading and excited to work through this next bit. It's gonna be painful, but the results will be worth it!
Have a great week all,
Lemonkey

3.50 star(s) 57 Votes