LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
Yes! Another score for Team Betsy! Clara who?
Clara is such a bitch, everyone except the MC gets to have some fun, everybody is gonna get a go at her it seems, except when it's our time...
Betsy on the other hand looks ready to put out.
Bean, is someone who is gonna get ditched soon and hopefully become even more susceptible to flattery and we can slut her up to 11.
While i don't mind NTR (i wouldn't be here otherwise) i do hope as the MC we get to claim some cherries, Betsy and Amy would be great.

Last edited:

Sadowdark

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 4, 2020
Why is choosing two spanking girls for principal so hopeless? I don't have other girlfriends

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
No need to run wine. I run this just fine in native mode on Gentoo using a Radeon Baffin series card.

Looks like a graphics driver issue / missing library.

Do you need to use WINE? This was distributed with the RenPy Linux libraries included so have you tried just double-clicking MISFITS.sh ?

Edit: i.e. running MISFITS.sh straight from your Linux desktop not via WINE.

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Is the staging of scenes out of whack with this VN? MC has already gone with Clara to get help her pick dresses and then go to a party. Now they are walking in the park and this seems like deja vu all over again. I'm pretty sure the last party was hosted by Gordon.

park_scene.png

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clara is such a bitch, everyone except the MC gets to have some fun, everybody is gonna get a go at her it seems, except when it's our time...
Betsy on the other hand looks ready to put out.
Bean, is someone who is gonna get ditched soon and hopefully become even more susceptible to flattery and we can slut her up to 11.
While i don't mind NTR (i wouldn't be here otherwise) i do hope as the MC we get to claim some cherries, Betsy and Amy would be great.
As I mentioned in another post, Clara reflects your playstyle! This is not a harem game, at the end you will have one girlfriend, either Clara, Amy or Betsy. Depending on your playstyle Clara can be near chaste or developing towards a slut, with various degrees of inbetween. Nearly everything NTR (even the first Betsy kiss, which was actually agreed upon by Clara and Betsy beforehand) can be cancelled or stopped by the MC. So if your Clara is a "bitch" then it is your handiwork how you solved the events.

If you want a Clara who is e.g. a loose cannon in bed, but a faithful girlfriend elsewhere then you have to carefully choose your answers during the various events! As many boys and girls her age, Clara (and the MC too)is unsure how relationships and sex work out together.. This can be seen very clearly after the first Betsy/Clara kiss event, when the MC and Clara discuss how it happened and the reasoning behind it, e.g. the birthday party and that she wants to be a good kisser.
Going by your post, you pushed too hard on the "slut" path and sent Clara to others too often without being there for or able to help her.

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
As I mentioned in another post, Clara reflects your playstyle! This is not a harem game, at the end you will have one girlfriend, either Clara, Amy or Betsy. Depending on your playstyle Clara can be near chaste or developing towards a slut, with various degrees of inbetween. Nearly everything NTR (even the first Betsy kiss, which was actually agreed upon by Clara and Betsy beforehand) can be cancelled or stopped by the MC. So if your Clara is a "bitch" then it is your handiwork how you solved the events.

If you want a Clara who is e.g. a loose cannon in bed, but a faithful girlfriend elsewhere then you have to carefully choose your answers during the various events! As many boys and girls her age, Clara (and the MC too)is unsure how relationships and sex work out together.. This can be seen very clearly after the first Betsy/Clara kiss event, when the MC and Clara discuss how it happened and the reasoning behind it, e.g. the birthday party and that she wants to be a good kisser.
Going by your post, you pushed too hard on the "slut" path and sent Clara to others too often without being there for or able to help her.
Honestly to me Clara is the "no win" path, you either have a girlfriend that behaves like a nun or too much of a whore.
And the worst part is she whores herself out to other guys, but hits the brakes when it's the MC, that's my biggest problem, i wouldn't mind her being a whore if she was allowing us equal entry.
Instead she is everyone gets a go, except...

And i don't need to take her statements at face value, no girl (well... very few) would admit to "i did it because i have the hots for him", there's plenty of evidence not take what she says to the MC completely straight.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Honestly to me Clara is the "no win" path, you either have a girlfriend that behaves like a nun or too much of a whore.
And the worst part is she whores herself out to other guys, but hits the brakes when it's the MC, that's my biggest problem, i wouldn't mind her being a whore if she was allowing us equal entry.
Instead she is everyone gets a go, except...

And i don't need to take her statements at face value, no girl (well... very few) would admit to "i did it because i have the hots for him", there's plenty of evidence not take what she says to the MC completely straight.
As I said, you can mitigate such behaviour with your event choices. As for the hot/cold treatment I have to give credit to SBG, he/she included observations from schools into the game. I have seen and heard from real life examples of the bahaviour "your" Clara shows.
There is some strange circle logic and stereotyping of men and women involved and often fed to girls (and the guy version of it to boys) by their direct environment. How they should behave for the "right guy", no matter that most right guys would be very, very happy if the "right girl" was not hesitant about "bedroom stuff".

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
As I said, you can mitigate such behaviour with your event choices. As for the hot/cold treatment I have to give credit to SBG, he/she included observations from schools into the game. I have seen and heard from real life examples of the bahaviour "your" Clara shows.
There is some strange circle logic and stereotyping of men and women involved and often fed to girls (and the guy version of it to boys) by their direct environment. How they should behave for the "right guy", no matter that most right guys would be very, very happy if the "right girl" was not hesitant about "bedroom stuff".
Fair enough, but her allowing Chaz or that rando who i can't name right now some access and then shutting the door when i make a move is the reason i don't like her.
I also don't want to have a faithful nun that will keep me a virgin until i'm 25, i can't quite strike the balance you spoke of, the pushing her towards sex path is much quicker than the play it safe(for obvious reasons).

Funny enough Betsy is the complete opposite, she is with Chaz but constantly wants to mess around with the MC, that's a train i can get onboard :p.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Fair enough, but her allowing Chaz or that rando who i can't name right now some access and then shutting the door when i make a move is the reason i don't like her.
I also don't want to have a faithful nun that will keep me a virgin until i'm 25, i can't quite strike the balance you spoke of, the pushing her towards sex path is much quicker than the play it safe(for obvious reasons).

Funny enough Betsy is the complete opposite, she is with Chaz but constantly wants to mess around with the MC, that's a train i can get onboard :p.
I see where you are coming from. Well, the first event with Chaz, Clara, Betsy and you is at Betsy´s birthday party, was agreed upon by Betsy and Clara beforehand and while there is some weird logic involved, you can get why it happened (if you chose to go through with the "proxy kisses"). Gordon is a douche who treats girls horribly, but due to his charisma gets away with a lot. Clara was treated shabbily by him and that she wants revenge is understandable.
And here comes in the choices we make for the MC. If for example we convince Clara to wear the black outfit to the party, we have to be there for her, speaking up in her defense, etc. and on the other side push it a bit.
You have to balance the "Slut" and "Nun":) choices over the run of the game. If done so, you get as far as Chaz does in the car (and naturally chose to have Clara beside you), only stopped by your quick cumming.;)
Granted, Betsy is lot more open and I like her too.

Maethir

Jul 28, 2018
Depends a lot on your definition. If you consider all girls in the game yours, they just don´t know it yet, then NTR is unavoidable, because there are girls in relationships or indifferent to you too. Misfits is not a harem game, you have to choose one girlfriend sooner or later.
If your definition of NTR is your partner in a dedicated relationship does something "outside" without your knowledge and consent, then it is avoidable. Even the first "Betsy-Kiss" is.
Considering how the first couple chapters shaped up, the main girls you can pursue in Misfits are Clara, Amy and Betsy. Clara is the mainest:) girl and you shape to a certain extend how Clara will be as a girlfriend. Projected from what we know currently, she can end the game nearly chaste or a full-blown slut, with several levels of in-between.
Main question i have with regards to this is can i avoid SEEING it happen. I realize that LI may not be virgins but that does not mean i want to see them actually getting it on. It's like real life for me, even if i am not with someone i know, i dont want to watch bang someone. ie the scene in the preview pics that seems to show the mom getting smashed.

Ooh

Jun 9, 2018
12 Days of Xmas was good but the points system used to piss me off royally. This game is great. The scenes where Clara is being fondled are surprisingly top knotch. Especially the scenes involving the "couples competition" where Chaz can make her do things the MC cant. Those scenes are hot as hell. This concept feels more like double NTR than sharing because although the characters involve are not swingers or polyamorous, there is a sense of confusion between Clara and the MC. Almost as if they are young swingers just discovering what they are into. Brilliant concept which I have yet to see done in these games. Reminds me alot of the Kuroki Hidehiko comics.

Another thing of note is the frequency of updates. Dev always delivers. Im waiting on a scene where Clara is waitressing for MC's Dad at the poker party. Or another "couples" outing scene, possibly at a beach or drive-thru with both couples going all the way. Im surprised at how the Dev has managed to make Betsy so sexy, kudos on that.

Heres hoping the plot allows us to NTR Chaz with both girls.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Main question i have with regards to this is can i avoid SEEING it happen. I realize that LI may not be virgins but that does not mean i want to see them actually getting it on. It's like real life for me, even if i am not with someone i know, i dont want to watch bang someone. ie the scene in the preview pics that seems to show the mom getting smashed.
I think so, because there is a dream the MC can have, where Clara wanks off Gordon while her talking makes it clear she does it for the MC, not Gordon, because she loves the MC and considers him a voyeur. This dream can be stopped beforehand, you only see this dream if you choose to. So I think you can avoid most or all of this with your choices.

12 Days of Xmas was good but the points system used to piss me off royally. This game is great. The scenes where Clara is being fondled are surprisingly top knotch. Especially the scenes involving the "couples competition" where Chaz can make her do things the MC cant. Those scenes are hot as hell. This concept feels more like double NTR than sharing because although the characters involve are not swingers or polyamorous, there is a sense of confusion between Clara and the MC. Almost as if they are young swingers just discovering what they are into. Brilliant concept which I have yet to see done in these games. Reminds me alot of the Kuroki Hidehiko comics.

Another thing of note is the frequency of updates. Dev always delivers. Im waiting on a scene where Clara is waitressing for MC's Dad at the poker party. Or another "couples" outing scene, possibly at a beach or drive-thru with both couples going all the way. Im surprised at how the Dev has managed to make Betsy so sexy, kudos on that.

Heres hoping the plot allows us to NTR Chaz with both girls.
This swinging/NTR (depending on your definition) is wholly avoidable with your choices. But as for Chaz doing things to Clara early in the game the MC cannot, this is only true if you force it with your choices. I play the game with a mix of "chaste" and "slut" choices and Clara goes exactly as far as I allow her.
While not quite easy with which chioce impacts where, it seems to be the "canon" storyline, since the Clara in "Twelve Days" is quite wild, but shows something of a "hard limit" how far she is willing to go.

That said, your proposed next couples (sex) scene would be quite fun for the swinging/sharing route.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Ooh

Heyesey

Sep 28, 2017

So far this game doesn't seem to allow for hypocrisy. You can either have a faithful relationship (you stay with Clara, she stays with you) or not (you both screw around). You don't, apparently, get to screw around but deny her the same right.

Reactions: LSC82

NateGrey

Aug 21, 2020
So far this game doesn't seem to allow for hypocrisy. You can either have a faithful relationship (you stay with Clara, she stays with you) or not (you both screw around). You don't, apparently, get to screw around but deny her the same right.
Personally I think that is a refreshing and bit more realistic take than in most harem games, where the girls sometimes literally say to you "You can screw around with whoever you like, but you're all I need so I won't touch another man!"

JohnLewd

Feb 28, 2021
Personally I think that is a refreshing and bit more realistic take than in most harem games, where the girls sometimes literally say to you "You can screw around with whoever you like, but you're all I need so I won't touch another man!"
You clearly dk what a harem is, it's not a normal relationship where you are partners or an open relationship, but where all the women are wives or servants to polygamous man, who is the only man for them all... Actually many games don't follow this example, yet they say that are harem...

NateGrey

Aug 21, 2020
You clearly dk what a harem is, it's not a normal relationship where you are partners or an open relationship, but where all the women are wives or servants to polygamous man, who is the only man for them all... Actually many games don't follow this example, yet they say that are harem...
I'm well aware what harems are, and even though I prefer more realistic interactions I'm not criticizing the concept as such. It's the go-to formula for a lot of devs, which makes sense, because a lot of (vocal) players are opposed to sharing their pixellated partners. My main point was that there are few AVNs where the harem is worked to in a subtle, gradual, at least somewhat believable manner. Instead a lot of devs go full-throttle explicit on it and have the girls just flat-out saying things like my quote above.
lazy-writing-deadpool.gif

JohnLewd

Feb 28, 2021
I'm well aware what harems are, and even though I prefer more realistic interactions I'm not criticizing the concept as such. It's the go-to formula for a lot of devs, which makes sense, because a lot of (vocal) players are opposed to sharing their pixellated partners. My main point was that there are few AVNs where the harem is worked to in a subtle, gradual, at least somewhat believable manner. Instead a lot of devs go full-throttle explicit on it and have the girls just flat-out saying things like my quote above.
View attachment 1818491
You say that you know what a harem is, but then you say that in some games "The harem" is worked in at least somewhat believable manner and you mention your quote what you said bf, what you want in a harem game is not real harem though and many dev's don't want to make it real, that's why they make the girls take the initiative many times...I can understand you, if the game is only romance or with open relationships one, but in real harem only the man makes the decisions and have the last word, otherwise is not real harem. Don't take me wrong, I don't care about, if it's a harem or not, but that's what having a harem means...

3.70 star(s) 67 Votes