Nightmare800

Sep 17, 2020
Then just go and pirate the Japanese version, if you rather look at Japanese characters. Really odd thing to complain about on a Pirate site, considering you can just go Pirate the original.

I feel like you people just complain for the sake of complaining.
Not sure if you are pretending to be dumb but spamming the site with worthless MTL does absolutely zero benefit to anyone. TBH MTL should be banned so that peeps can either invest effort into TL or leave it to people who are interested because with MTL you aren't going to end up with anything of value anyways.

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
Not sure if you are pretending to be dumb but spamming the site with worthless MTL does absolutely zero benefit to anyone. TBH MTL should be banned so that peeps can either invest effort into TL or leave it to people who are interested because with MTL you aren't going to end up with anything of value anyways.
No. If you would use your quite complex and complicated, pattern matching organ called brain its possible to get (at least) a basic grasp on what going on in game.

Loligami

Jun 6, 2020
I feel like a lot of you don't actually think things through when complaining about MTL. It doesn't take much time to actually MTL a game and upload it, however actually translating a game properly can take months up to years depending on who is doing it, if they are doing it for free or not, and how many people are doing it.

Anyone who is actually going to willingly put months into translating a game, is not going to be deterred from a random MTL of the game being released. If someone spending less than a day to MTL a game and post it, and discourages someone from spending months of their own free time to translate a game, they weren't going to do it anyway.

Saying that MTL does absolutely nothing, and benefits no one is objectively wrong, I'm baffled you even uttered that. As I said in my previous comment, this is a pirate site, meaning anyone here willing to actually pirate a game, would have 0 issues pirating the original.

You have 3 options. 1. You pirate the MTL that was posted. 2. You pirate the original in Japanese. 3. You translate it yourself.

Complaining about a game being MTL'd on a pirate site is the most entitled thing I see on this site. You won't translate the game yourself, yet complain when someone MTL's it, and say things like, "I rather play it in Japanese." Then just go pirate the Japanese version.

I've bought and played many games in Japanese, and even with my meh understanding of Hiragana, and Katakana, actually understanding what is going on is borderline impossible because of me knowing next to no Kanji. Some games you can't even progress or play the game, because you have absolutely no idea what you're suppose to be doing since you can't understand the language. MTL will solve that issue for many people almost immediately.

Yes it's going to be MTL poetry and will have no coherent sentences, but keywords will exist that will allow you to know what you're suppose to do to actually progress in the game.

Everyone's points against MTL would be very valid, and I would 100% agree with it, if this was being posted by a publishing group advertising it as being translated, and selling the product. But it's not, it's on a pirate site.

Last edited:

TheMud

Oct 25, 2018
I feel like a lot of you don't actually think things through when complaining about MTL. It doesn't take much time to actually MTL a game and upload it, however actually translating a game properly can take months up to years depending on who is doing it, if they are doing it for free or not, and how many people are doing it.
It's about quality, not quantity.

The thing is, only translated games were supposed to be uploaded here, otherwise we'd see raws everywhere too. Uploading games that have been "translated" into indecipherable gibberish ought to be considered still untranslated.

Loligami

Jun 6, 2020
It's about quality, not quantity.

The thing is, only translated games were supposed to be uploaded here, otherwise we'd see raws everywhere too. Uploading games that have been "translated" into indecipherable gibberish ought to be considered still untranslated.
Which I agree with it assuming it's an actual rule on the site. If the site's rules implicate the games must be properly translated for it to be allowed, then yes MTL's should be removed.

However that's not what the vast majority of people complaining about MTL are using as their arguments.

Reactions: demon99666

Shimk

Aug 21, 2019

Anyone who is actually going to willingly put months into translating a game, is not going to be deterred from a random MTL of the game being released. If someone spending less than a day to MTL a game and post it, and discourages someone from spending months of their own free time to translate a game, they weren't going to do it anyway.

Saying that MTL does absolutely nothing, and benefits no one is objectively wrong, I'm baffled you even uttered that. As I said in my previous comment, this is a pirate site, meaning anyone here willing to actually pirate a game, would have 0 issues pirating the original.

You have 3 options. 1. You pirate the MTL that was posted. 2. You pirate the original in Japanese. 3. You translate it yourself.

Complaining about a game being MTL'd on a pirate site is the most entitled thing I see on this site. You won't translate the game yourself, yet complain when someone MTL's it, and say things like, "I rather play it in Japanese." Then just go pirate the Japanese version.

I've bought and played many games in Japanese, and even with my meh understanding of Hiragana, and Katakana, actually understanding what is going on is borderline impossible because of me knowing next to no Kanji. Some games you can't even progress or play the game, because you have absolutely no idea what you're suppose to be doing since you can't understand the language. MTL will solve that issue for many people almost immediately.

Yes it's going to be MTL poetry and will have no coherent sentences, but keywords will exist that will allow you to know what you're suppose to do to actually progress in the game.

Everyone's points against MTL would be very valid, and I would 100% agree with it, if this was being posted by a publishing group advertising it as being translated, and selling the product. But it's not, it's on a pirate site.
Adding a tag for MTL or MTL edited requires even less effort.
Seriously, who is complaining for nothing?

TheMud

Oct 25, 2018
Which I agree with it assuming it's an actual rule on the site. If the site's rules implicate the games must be properly translated for it to be allowed, then yes MTL's should be removed.

However that's not what the vast majority of people complaining about MTL are using as their arguments.
Because it's not an argument at this point, really. Every talking point about the subject has been said to death by this point ever since the deluge of MTL began, but for whatever reasons I'm not privy to the staff won't clean up the unreadable stuff or add new translation-status tags we could use to filter it out ourselves. What is left after that but to bitch and moan into the air, y'know?

Reactions: correctbatterie

Loligami

Jun 6, 2020
Adding a tag for MTL or MTL edited requires even less effort.
Seriously, who is complaining for nothing?
I agree that a MTL tag needs to be added if they are going to allow MTL games to be posted.

Because it's not an argument at this point, really. Every talking point about the subject has been said to death by this point ever since the deluge of MTL began, but for whatever reasons I'm not privy to the staff won't clean up the unreadable stuff or add new translation-status tags we could use to filter it out ourselves. What is left after that but to bitch and moan into the air, y'know?
Which makes it sound less of MTL being against the rules, and rather something people want the ability to filter out, which again I agree with.

I can also understand the frustration if the Mods won't add a filter or address the issue, which leads to bitching and moaning into the air. Main issue I've had is the way people go about complaining about MTL being far more entitled rather than the points you made.

ThompsonBalo

Jul 15, 2020
Urgh, the preview pics should be enough to tell everyone that this is not just mtl but garbage mtl where you don`t even understand what they are talking about...

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
I'd say there should be a standard for MTLs too, like only allowing projects that are for instance, not bugging out the original game because the TLer just isn't savvy enough with the auto TL software or simply just dongivafukk.
Or at least wordwrapped: because that would probably also mean that he/she at least knows more about MTLing than someone with an imagonna-2-click-spend-4-minutes-then-forget-but-gimmmmmmeeeeelikeeees mentality, and the beforementioned issue would probably not occur.

Anyhoo, why the hell there is no MTL tag, still? Anyone's guess...
It would seem logical to have, well IMHO anyway.

Zuul

Dec 2, 2016
Urgh, the preview pics should be enough to tell everyone that this is not just mtl but garbage mtl where you don`t even understand what they are talking about...
Preview pics aren't a good representative source for the game's actual text quality. Those pics almost always come straight off of DLsite which only uses Japanese or raw MTL, the only time they don't is when there's an official translation for the game. So even if there's a properly edited MTL or fully manual fan translation the preview will still read as gibberish or moon runes.

SylvieRose

Jan 27, 2021

Except the first two options are essentially the same because understanding what is being said IS THE ENTiRE POINT OF A TRANSLATION.
Everyone already knows that actual translations take lots of time effort, this is old news.
No need to act like everyone here is a ignorant buffon and try to play smart trying to lecture others when your logic is basically the classic "one mistake justifies another" fallacy.
MTLs are pointless, and have no place in a site that focus on translated games

Reactions: correctbatterie

Loligami

Jun 6, 2020
Except the first two options are essentially the same because understanding what is being said IS THE ENTiRE POINT OF A TRANSLATION.
Everyone already knows that actual translations take lots of time effort, this is old news.
No need to act like everyone here is a ignorant buffon and try to play smart trying to lecture others when your logic is basically the classic "one mistake justifies another" fallacy.
MTLs are pointless, and have no place in a site that focus on translated games
Seems like you completely ignored my later point.

" Yes it's going to be MTL poetry and will have no coherent sentences, but keywords will exist that will allow you to know what you're suppose to do to actually progress in the game. "

Unless the MTL breaks the game, which does tend to happen, if you have 0 idea how to read Hiragana, Katakana, and Kanji, you will be better off with a MTL version of the game, because you'll actually understand what you need to do to progress. Will you understand what the characters are saying to one another in conversations about lore, or about how much sexy time they wanna have? Probably not. But will you know where you're suppose to go to progress the quest line? Yes.

As I've already said in previous comments to other people, I agree that MTL should have it's own tag so people can filter it out if they don't want to see it, and if the site only allows actual translations to be posted, then MTL posts should be removed. However from my experience on this site for nearly 2 years is that MTL is allowed by the Mods.

Reactions: SevenTails

SylvieRose

Jan 27, 2021
Seems like you completely ignored my later point.

" Yes it's going to be MTL poetry and will have no coherent sentences, but keywords will exist that will allow you to know what you're suppose to do to actually progress in the game. "

Unless the MTL breaks the game, which does tend to happen, if you have 0 idea how to read Hiragana, Katakana, and Kanji, you will be better off with a MTL version of the game, because you'll actually understand what you need to do to progress. Will you understand what the characters are saying to one another in conversations about lore, or about how much sexy time they wanna have? Probably not. But will you know where you're suppose to go to progress the quest line? Yes.

As I've already said in previous comments to other people, I agree that MTL should have it's own tag so people can filter it out if they don't want to see it, and if the site only allows actual translations to be posted, then MTL posts should be removed. However from my experience on this site for nearly 2 years is that MTL is allowed by the Mods.
No, did not ignore, merely dont agree with you.
Your personal experience is just that, personal. A machine will never be coherent as a actual human being, what you do if it doesn't translate even the pointers to progress in the game properly? Its like playing russian roullete, the machine can translate these or they might not, nuance, context and logic are often lost in regular translations. If even a human being can fail a machine can't TL shit properly, I've played most MTL games out there and you are clearly speaking in bad faith, they are gibberish.
English (and any other language) is more than mere words, translation is more than just converting a word to a different language, its understanding foreign culture, nuances, grammar and many other things, something a machine will never understand unless it somehow becomes sentient

Loligami

Jun 6, 2020
No, did not ignore, merely dont agree with you.
Your personal experience is just that, personal. A machine will never be coherent as a actual human being, what you do if it doesn't translate even the pointers to progress in the game properly? Its like playing russian roullete, the machine can translate these or they might not, nuance, context and logic are often lost in regular translations. If even a human being can fail a machine can't TL shit properly, I've played most MTL games out there and you are clearly speaking in bad faith, they are gibberish.
English (and any other language) is more than mere words, translation is more than just converting a word to a different language, its understanding foreign culture, nuances, grammar and many other things, something a machine will never understand unless it somehow becomes sentient
Okay at this point you're just literally ignoring everything I say. You're going off about how a machine can't translate as well as a Human, yet not once did I ever say anything insinuating that.

My ENTIRE point which idk how you've failed to comprehend it, is that if you literally cannot read Japanese at all, a Machine translated version of the game will be far more helpful than playing the game in Japanese. The vast majority of JP Hentai games do not need to be properly translated to know where to go next in the story. IE: Go to this town, and talk to this person. Otherwise you'll be running around every town trying to talk to every NPC because you can't progress the game.

Just going to quote your own words because you're clearly just speaking out of your ass at this point.

" No need to act like everyone here is a ignorant buffon and try to play smart trying to lecture others "

You're literally lecturing me about the nuances of language and saying that MTL games are gibberish, when I myself have literally stated multiple times, you will not understand what people are saying in the game, but will know where you have to go to progress the game, or what you have to kill, or what item to collect.

Reactions: SevenTails

9alwa

Sep 16, 2020
My mouse cursor disappears whenever in game windows. Anyone have simialr issue?

Nightmare800

Sep 17, 2020
No. If you would use your quite complex and complicated, pattern matching organ called brain its possible to get (at least) a basic grasp on what going on in game.
And if you stopped being a pompous cretin you would realize that's worth jackshit, that comprehensible writing is a huge part of enjoyment in these games and that the botched translation is going to turn most people off anyways.

Nightmare800

Sep 17, 2020
Okay at this point you're just literally ignoring everything I say. You're going off about how a machine can't translate as well as a Human, yet not once did I ever say anything insinuating that.

My ENTIRE point which idk how you've failed to comprehend it, is that if you literally cannot read Japanese at all, a Machine translated version of the game will be far more helpful than playing the game in Japanese. The vast majority of JP Hentai games do not need to be properly translated to know where to go next in the story. IE: Go to this town, and talk to this person. Otherwise you'll be running around every town trying to talk to every NPC because you can't progress the game.

Just going to quote your own words because you're clearly just speaking out of your ass at this point.

" No need to act like everyone here is a ignorant buffon and try to play smart trying to lecture others "

You're literally lecturing me about the nuances of language and saying that MTL games are gibberish, when I myself have literally stated multiple times, you will not understand what people are saying in the game, but will know where you have to go to progress the game, or what you have to kill, or what item to collect.
That isn't really worth anything in a game where writing is supposed to help you get your rocks off. I don't play h-games for adventuring, I play them for the lewd content and having that garbled is a massive turn off. You fail to understand the purpose of these games and the importance of the text content and that is why people disagree with you.

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
And if you stopped being a pompous cretin you would realize that's worth jackshit, that comprehensible writing is a huge part of enjoyment in these games and that the botched translation is going to turn most people off anyways.
You opinion have a great matter for us. Please, keep us informed.

2.00 star(s) 2 Votes