Mod Unity Completed Mission Mermaiden - The Downfall of Hasumi [1.03]

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes

Mc swagger

Oct 19, 2019
releaseLogo.png
Overview:
Once again Hasumi tries to fight the deep sea sisters, but will she emerge victorious this time as well? Her opponents seem to be more cunning and are determined to corrupt Hasumi. This time it will not be so easy to resist the temptations of her adversaries.​

Updated: 30.11.2021
Game/Creator: Mission Mermaiden - Hasumi and the deep see sisters / Hakkaku Thread
Modder: Mc Swagger
Mod Version: 1.03
Game Version: 1.1.5
Language: Japanese (English translation available)

About the Modification
In essence, the mod improves the original with:
  1. Challenging teractions - The enemies represent a real challenge and statuses have a noticeable consequences.
  2. Gameplay feedback - The players decisions have an impact with rewards and penalties.
  3. Visible content - Good content that was rarely seen is now more visible.
Overview of changes
Gameplay: Movement and camera have been modernized to allow for good platforming gameplay. Overall, the battle system has been simplified to encourage exciting fights. The Health system has been replaced with a Willpower system, so that together with the Pleasure and Corruption meter, an interesting resource management is created. The escape system has been completely reworked to present the player with tricky decisions.
Enemies: All 12 enemies and six boss fights have been reworked so that each enemy is a real threat. For this, the enemies' AI, movement patterns, attack and defense abilities have been improved.
Bad states: The 15 already existing states have been completely reworked and expanded by two more. The origin and effect of the conditions are better understood and much harder to undo, so they have a noticeable and lasting impact on the gameplay.
Items and equipment: In the course of the game, these items become more and more important. Resource management plays a major role, since the equipment has a strong influence on the gameplay.
Misc: Bad endings revised, HUD adjusted, bugs fixed and much more...

Installation:
  1. Get the vanilla Game
  2. Make sure to make a backup copy of the game
  3. Download the modded files
  4. Replace [MainFolder]\MissionMermaiden_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll
  5. Replace all 4 asset files in [MainFolder]\MissionMermaiden_Data
  6. Start the game exe
I recommend translating the game with the AutoTranslator tool, since most of the texts are in Japanese. You will find an instruction pdf attached in the downloaded files that discribes the translation process in detail.

Change-Log:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Fetish list
Hypnosis, Mind Control, Bondage, Tentacles, Monsters, Milking, Corruption, Yuri, Egg laying

Hotfix [ver1.03]:

Download:

Last edited:

Zudarr

Feb 5, 2021
when i lose and restart, the game has hangs and i can't do anything more, because i save right before the defeat scene so i can't play that save file anymore =((

Mc swagger

Oct 19, 2019
Sorry about that. I did not mean to release the thread on f95 before I have the next update ready, but the server hickups last week crossed this plan. Here is a hot fix for your problem:

zuna123

Jul 25, 2017
Having "Milk Filled" on 100% will make the resist bar white and lock the game despite having pleasure bar filled.
You can get out of the state by transforming, but would get locked again if you get restrained on transform mode.
1639207416515.png

Zudarr

Feb 5, 2021
Sorry about that. I did not mean to release the thread on f95 before I have the next update ready, but the server hickups last week crossed this plan. Here is a hot fix for your problem:
Thanks you to reply me, and i have an other suggestion for you. This mod is really good, especially the rework of state and effect, i really like it, but i think you should develop an easy difficult, for me, it's so hard too play, i'll be grateful if you do that. Thanks you =))

steven_rooij

Feb 1, 2020
I think this mod is a very nice improvement to an underappreciated game. I especially love the simple change of having to spend cash to remove statusses. Makes sense from a story standpoint, makes money management an integral part of the game AND makes corrupting Hasumi that much more delicious since its your own damn fault if you didnt pick up enough money.

That said, I have one major issue with the mod: I have zero idea what Im supposed to be doing to escape mobs. Button mashing doesnt work, holding buttons doesnt work, tried nearly everything I have on the keyboard and only transforming seems to work. And then I get caught by the enemy right next to the first one, woopee. Only one time did I manage to escape without transforming from one of the jellyfish. Am I missing something very obvious, or is it really just super hard on purpose?

GaoissimoGao

May 24, 2021
Really appreciate the rebalancing, even if it does sometimes feel like it goes too far the other way into too hard.

The plant in Hifumi's room doesn't drain corruption anymore, is that intentional?

Edit: Since playing again I've also encountered a horrificly consistent softlock where jump attacking or otherwise killing while simultaneously touching the aphrodesiac plants leaves a blank space with no struggle bar, so I can't progress and have to restart the game.

Last edited:

Mc swagger

Oct 19, 2019
Hey Ho!
Sorry I did not reply earlier but the last two weeks were very busy irl and I did not find time to work on the mod. Hopefully there will be an update after the holidays. I really want to release a final version of the mod asap

Having "Milk Filled" on 100% will make the resist bar white and lock the game despite having pleasure bar filled.
You can get out of the state by transforming, but would get locked again if you get restrained on transform mode.
Good find! Milk filled is destined to make trouble like that because of the unique interaction with the struggle system. Will fix this issue

That said, I have one major issue with the mod: I have zero idea what Im supposed to be doing to escape mobs. Button mashing doesnt work, holding buttons doesnt work, tried nearly everything I have on the keyboard and only transforming seems to work. And then I get caught by the enemy right next to the first one, woopee. Only one time did I manage to escape without transforming from one of the jellyfish. Am I missing something very obvious, or is it really just super hard on purpose?
I had a lot of reports of confusion like that and I need to add a tutorial for that badly. For now here is how it should work:
The struggle system is based on momentum. By alternately pressing left and right while the bar is green, you build momentum to struggle free. A single press on the buttons has a barely visible effect. Only pressing it several times will increase the speed of the charge.
If the bar is pink you cannot free yourself. Keystrokes are punished with Pleasure.

The plant in Hifumi's room doesn't drain corruption anymore, is that intentional?
Yes. It would defeat the design of the mod otherwise since it would be abused by the player. Failing is part of the journey ;)

Edit: Since playing again I've also encountered a horrificly consistent softlock where jump attacking or otherwise killing while simultaneously touching the aphrodesiac plants leaves a blank space with no struggle bar, so I can't progress and have to restart the game.
Thats a bug from the vanilla game. It is hard to reproduce and fix... I tried my best to limit the occurance of it but am not sure if succedeed in it. Sorry about that

UofAAnon

Aug 11, 2018
Very cool mod! Exactly what the game needed.

I had a lot of reports of confusion like that and I need to add a tutorial for that badly. For now here is how it should work:
The struggle system is based on momentum. By alternately pressing left and right while the bar is green, you build momentum to struggle free. A single press on the buttons has a barely visible effect. Only pressing it several times will increase the speed of the charge.
If the bar is pink you cannot free yourself. Keystrokes are punished with Pleasure.
I've figured out the new struggle mechanic but, for some reason, I am unable to struggle using a controller. Struggling only works via keyboard. I've tried mapping resist and horizontal + and - to extra buttons on the controller in the game's configuration. To no luck. I can always manually map my controller to keystrokes, but that always feels more clunky.

EDIT: Not trying to complain. It's great work. It just seemed odd that the vanilla game recognizes the analog stick for struggling, but not the mod.

Last edited:

Naurachne

Jan 27, 2018
Fucking awesome work! I love this game so much but always felt that in these ryona games you have to handicap yourself or intentionally fail to get time with the sex scenes. With these tweaks I don't have to anymore! The new struggling mechanic is just genius and the way the modifiers affect it is just *cheff kiss* amazing. Even when I'm trying my hardest to escape I get to enjoy the game's beautifully animated scenes for longer.

I've experienced just a couple bugs from my playthrough, first being a softlock during the slug fight when hasumi climaxes from the small slugs and the bigger one does its underground vore attack. I've had some issues with saving and often have to replay the entire level (not sure how this worked in the original?). Hasumi's eyes seem to clip through the brainwash visor during some bondage scenes (which is a shame, my favourite enemy in the game). Lastly, I was able to glitch invincibility somehow, though it didn't last between missions and I'm not sure how I did it.

Over all, stellar job! This game is now a heck of a lot more addictive.

Edit: I've had a pretty gamebreaking bug occur, Hasumi is in the full bondage gear and has the curiosity status effect, but I can't get her to the chair she needs because a slime keeps knocking me back. seems like there is no cap on slime speed reduction so now her walk speed is pretty much zero.

Last edited:

itami_no_hana

Nov 14, 2018
I must say that I absolutely LOVE your mod! This is how such game is supposed to be - hard and humiliating, and now I really need to pay attention, evade attacks and find a strategy against every enemy. Thank you so much for coming up with this mod and I really hope you will be updating it to get rid of bugs (would really appreciate gamepad support in struggle events - right now struggling only seem to work on keyboard).

Mar 16, 2018
great mod so far, but i haven't found a way to reduce the amount of purple on my health bar at all, i was assuming it was tied to corruption, but using the plant at base seems to not effect anything, is that intentional? because this is getting significantly harder and i'm only on the second world, my max green health is two bars

also struggling doesn't seem to work on controller, even with auto-struggle enabled and being used at the right timing, which is part of the reason i lost so much max health to begin with.

Reactions: Mc swagger

itami_no_hana

Nov 14, 2018
great mod so far, but i haven't found a way to reduce the amount of purple on my health bar at all, i was assuming it was tied to corruption, but using the plant at base seems to not effect anything, is that intentional? because this is getting significantly harder and i'm only on the second world, my max green health is two bars
Purple segments go away only after you die and hit "restart" button. If there is another way I'm not aware of it.

Juliano55

Feb 12, 2019
Don't mean to pressure you but wasn't there talks of this mod getting an updated version after the holidays ? If so is that still in the plans ? I really liked it so far and feel like it has great potential :)

Reactions: Naurachne

Philia

Dec 27, 2020
Oh good god thank you so much for making this mod, I'm falling in love with Mission Mermaiden all over again.
Already love what I see from just the first level, the willpower/pleasure resource bar, how every single attack move plays on that very resource, no longer being able to spam moves to win, the jellyfish now being untouchable... This is probably how hard the game always should've been.

Quick question: Which buttons were meant to be used for struggling again? Just the left + right arrows? In what specific manner are you supposed to input those? I get the momentum part of this mechanism, I just need to know which keyboard keys actually work for this, and if you're meant to spam them at the right times or if it's better to alternate back'n'forth like in so many other BDSM games? EDIT: I'm blind, it's already been explained...

Last edited:

gliese581c

Jun 12, 2021
I would really like to try this, but after following all the steps (including the translation) the game crashes as soon as I click "New Game". Also are the inverted colors normal or a sign that something is wrong?
Screenshot 2022-03-01 013513.png

Terafreak

Jan 18, 2021
I would really like to try this, but after following all the steps (including the translation) the game crashes as soon as I click "New Game". Also are the inverted colors normal or a sign that something is wrong?
I had the exact same problem, colors and all. I had a hunch, and checked the game's readme file for the version number-- I was on 1.1.1, but the latest was 1.1.5! So I got the latest version (it's available on this site, partially pre-translated: the translation file in the mod is a more complete version), did the patches, and now it runs.

Looks like your version is cursed
This was true in a fairly literal sense, considering the version was the problem.

Last edited:

Philia

Dec 27, 2020
Thank you so much for this mod Mc swagger , probably spent a good 10 hours to finish it once, and will naturally return to enjoy this again many times in the future. Gonna give this some good ratings for sure, it's an absolute must for hakkaku fans that crave a real challenge from their games.

I don't expect you to work more on this than what you feel like, but just in case you'd like some feedback from a passionate fan, here you are:

Great work with this mod, I have almost only good things to say about it:
- I love p.much everything about the revamped willpower/pleasure/corruption meter, it's really damn interesting:
-The way willpower it dictates how many attacks you can make, AND how much leverage you get to struggle free, speaks volumes for your ability to fight these erotic enemies.
-Then you have the pleasure part of it, which slowly but steadily limits your ability to fight back, and really gets the player worked up in a downwards spiral of masochistic lust.
-And the corruption, ohh the sweet sweet poison, finally something that feels permanent in this game. Except, to my surprise and slight disappointment is reset upon death...
Suggestion: Would it have been better to make corruption (the purple bars) always permanent, and only slightly reversible by spending increasing amounts of taint to cure, say, one single bar for each 2000 points of taint?
You've made the gameplay so much hotter by adding costs to removing each Bad State, which in turn made me struggle through with a lot more debilitations than I'd normally have. Games like these really are good when they force sexy curses onto the player.
- I love how Hasumi's moveset has been reduced to single hits only, in addition to expanding willpower and OMG, the effects of the Slave Hack... No more mindlessly hacking through enemies regardless of Bad Statuses!
- Great job on the struggle mechanism too, it's soooo much challenging and hotter now.
- Not sure if you were able to see bad status %percentages in the original, but this was a much welcome change.
- Love how "Return back to stage select" was permadisabled. Although, I could always circumvent this by simply saving and loading the game any time... (not that I did, but, the safe way out was always there...)
Suggestion: Is it possible to have an autosave feature and just completely disable the normal save button? I already played through your mod while continuously saving one single file, and got to the end without too much difficulty (Just a lot of really intense and hot bondage struggles. <3)
- Loved how you added small drawbacks to some of the equipment, even if they could've been more impactful. Left me longing for an equip. that boosted speed but decreased struggling strength by %, just as an example.
- Love the new trance seal and latent hypno effect! (at least I think they were new, it's been a while)
- The white struggle meter you get from Lactate, that moves more and more slowly as jugs fill up with milk... so very hot.
- Again, the Slave Hack and the red bar it added!! <3 Glorious <3
- and much more...

Some questions to ask, but you need not hurry with answering them:
- The two Bad States that you added, where they the Curiosity stat and the Trance Seal that forced me to walk towards enemies or the chair? I fucking loved that! x_x
- It's good that the plant no longer removes corruption but, was it made to do anything at all then?
- Exactly how is Hasumi powered up during her TF now, except from absorbing bullets? It's a good thing you removed the machinegun she got, that shit was super busted. I'm just wondering for gameplay's sake, what other benefits came from TFing in this mod?
- With Visor Hack on, does picking up Stains not do anything anymore? Couldn't see the pleasure meter increase as it did in the original, but, maybe it'd be too strong an effect here?
- Can Visor Hack end be skipped after a couple times? Good but long.
- By the bed of Hasumi's room, what's does "resetting the enemy charging station event" do?
- Is there no Abyssal mode in this mod? Just wondering, and I can understand if not. (Would definetly like an even harder, more permanent upgrade to this mod however ;) )

Seems there were some new bugs introduced with this mod,
but most of them didn't impact my enjoyment that much!
- Hasumi's eyes in some cases clips through her visor while Slave Hack'd
- Sometimes her eyes disappear while being grabbed and molested with no visor on
- Sometimes, when you break out of grabs hitting V, you somehow don't TF at all
- Hasumi tends to be cloned in some cases during the Doomsday machine fight (see pic1.jpeg)
- Sometimes during enemy grab (slime, plant), Hasumi and the enemy both disappears and the game locks and don't let you move away or access the menu. The only bug I found that actually impacted my fun with the game, cause you had to hard reset the game, but luckily it was a rare one. My bad for hooking up with dangerous fuckplants.
- In some rare cases like when sexing Hasumi's bedroom plant, you'd be locked in the grapple with that white bar that Lactate gives you when about to lactate. This happened while having the stats Milk Filled, Lactate and Slave Hack, and removing the first two fixed this. Weird bug.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 5 Votes