Mod Unity Completed Mission Mermaiden - The Downfall of Hasumi [1.03]

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes

wombatcombat

Apr 27, 2018
Thanks. Thats nice to hear. The idea behind the enemies letting go after orgasm was to prevent deadlocks. Once you are out of stamina it will be pretty much game over if the enemy wont let go. But surely I see the appeal in loosing quickly ;)

I assume that you know how to decrypt and mod unity games? If that is the case I really appreaciate that you want to mod my mod.
But never the less I have to warn you on this special endeavour: I had a quick look into the code (first time in years) and your plan needs some effort! Dont say I did not warn you but if you want to give it a try here is what you would need to do:
Sadly there is no central object managing all the h-scenes. The logic behind the h-scenes is managed by every enemy itself. This means that you have to go to every enemy class and edit the AfterExBindN() functions, where N is the h scene stage number. There you should find a this.hasumiEscape(); call. Deleting this should do the trick.

For example here is the function in the BindJellyManager class (the jelly fish enemy)

private void AfterExBind3()
{
this.audioSourceBGM.Play();
this.ptclUmbrella.Play();
this.gameManager.resetEcs();
this.jellyState = BindJellyManager.JELLY_STATE.BIND3;
this.hasumiEscape();
}

It gets called after hasumi orgasms in stage 3 of the h-scene. The hasumiEscape call does pretty much what it says plus resetting a bunch of variables, positions and counters.
If you feel fancy you could play around with the this.gameManager.resetEcs() function and alter the logic of what happens with stamina and corruption after an orgasm. This function is managed for all enemies, so changes apply to all of them.
Finding all the enemies is a whole different story... The naming is terrible. But let me know if you want to invest some
I see, I have managed to decrypt the project and view various game files but since I'm quite new to all this, I got quite lost at first. Anyway, thanks very much for your guidance, I'll see what I can do.

One last thing I had in mind: Is there an easy way to control how effective struggling to escape is, per keypress? Maybe to add a negative modfier to everything, similar to how the negative modifiers to escaping work on some equipments? Or is that also controlled on a per-enemy basis?

Mc swagger

Oct 19, 2019
I see, I have managed to decrypt the project and view various game files but since I'm quite new to all this, I got quite lost at first. Anyway, thanks very much for your guidance, I'll see what I can do.
Then lets start with the basics: I did decompile the unity project but never managed to recompile it. So I used to edit the code. It allows you to view and edit the source code and compile it. Basically all the relevant code is obtained by decompiling the MissionMermaiden_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll file.
If you do this you ll find a long list of all classes. To begin with I would take a look at gameManager and playerController. These manage a lot of the game play mechanics.

One last thing I had in mind: Is there an easy way to control how effective struggling to escape is, per keypress? Maybe to add a negative modfier to everything, similar to how the negative modifiers to escaping work on some equipments? Or is that also controlled on a per-enemy basis?
Yes this is indeed pretty easy to alter. Take a look at the CanvasMainManager class. It defines the struggle qte mechanic. There you ll find the Resist() method that is call on every successfull struggle. Either change the attribute resistPower here or (even better) change it in the gameManager class. It gets called by gameManager.GetResistPower() and returns the gameManager.resistance value that determines the effectivness of each struggle.
Have fun playing around with this

Hexco12373

Aug 31, 2021
May i ask, i put this mod and the mod clearly great but the game is become a little bit lag, when im play the original its seem fine, can someone help me? Or my pc not good enough to play this mod?

test22250

Jul 19, 2020
Wow, incredible work Mc swagger! This mod is fantastic. It really fixed up all of my gripes with the original game, made it a real challenge (though I wish there was a way to make it even harder, even if just by being able to tweak simple numbers like the escape difficulty) and showed off all the great parts of the game that would otherwise have gone unseen. Really smart game design choices, balance, etc. Thanks so much for creating this!

Reactions: Mc swagger

Mc swagger

Oct 19, 2019
too much hard please normal mod
[...] though I wish there was a way to make it even harder [...]
These comments sum up my difficulties with the balancing well XD
But I think test22250 is right: some diffuculty sliders would be cool. I get the feeling that h games have the special requirement that they have to be playable in a wide range of difficulty. Some times you may play just with one hand and at other times trying hard and failing is very exciting (specially true for corruption fantasies).

Naurachne

Jan 27, 2018
These comments sum up my difficulties with the balancing well XD
But I think test22250 is right: some diffuculty sliders would be cool. I get the feeling that h games have the special requirement that they have to be playable in a wide range of difficulty. Some times you may play just with one hand and at other times trying hard and failing is very exciting (specially true for corruption fantasies).
All for this if it means increasing the upper difficulty limit to :p

Dchase

Jul 21, 2021
Just a couple thoughts as I, on occasion, play this modded game for both lewds and general enjoyment:
- Is gallery just permanently disabled?
- Are the flying machines that passively build up the curiosity affliction unavoidable, or is there a way to deal with them?

Reactions: Mc swagger

Mc swagger

Oct 19, 2019
Just a couple thoughts as I, on occasion, play this modded game for both lewds and general enjoyment:
- Is gallery just permanently disabled?
- Are the flying machines that passively build up the curiosity affliction unavoidable, or is there a way to deal with them?
1) yes. I pretty much broke the gallery with the mod and figured that you could always go back to the vanilla game to watch it
2) seems like it does not only build up curiosity for hasumi but to answer you question: no cant be killed but rather line of sight must be avoided.

Mitzar

Jan 11, 2020
I think I found a bug. If there's slime effect on you, and you get killed, as in, the purple bar fills your health, the slime effect freezes and it becomes impossible to get rid of it even at base. May be something else at play, but that's a pretty game breaking bug, considering how badly slime effect affects your movement.

Jun 21, 2019
Mod is great, enhances some of the better aspects of basegame. I just wish there was a way of restoring a sort of sandbox mode once you've completed it - think no costs for status removals, being able to add status effects at will... Kinda like in basegame.

PervyGoddess

May 10, 2023
How do you kill the Jellyfish? I cant seem to damage them. Also I cant use my ultimate unless the meter is full nor can I shoot. Is that a bug or intentional?

geheim12347

Jan 20, 2020
Well, I was starting to understand this and like this but then I got the whole fetal parasite thing which insta-defeats you upon reaching 100%. Which would be fine except after the defeat screen I cannot select any other mission.
So now that save is borked.

MotoBUG

Jan 15, 2019
Sadly, Itch link is dead. and even more sadly, there are no other ways to downloasd this mod.

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes