Mod Unity Completed Mission Mermaiden - The Downfall of Hasumi [1.03]

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes

Terafreak

Jan 18, 2021
I should leave some feedback, too. I only had time to reach (but not yet actually attempt) the World 2 boss (Doomsday Machine), though.

The basic android enemy type is probably the biggest threat in the wholeass first two worlds, partly because of the changes to projectile deflection, but mostly because of the proximity-based tri-spread knockdown shot. Plays merry hell with the game's challenge progression. Maybe I just needed to use the bulletproof super suit more often in World 1, but I think the first one is encountered before the player could plausibly have filled the super meter.
I appreciate the changes to the mechanics (sad to see the melee combo go, but it was an actual detriment anyway), and also to the various enemy behaviors. The changes to Visor Hack-- both the status and the floating visors themselves-- are particularly fancy: two chances to break free with no penalty for failing the first, but failing both will lead to having a time limit until Game Over, plus it always did seem odd that they couldn't do the status-infection thing they did in the original Doomsday Machine fight. And now, with the mod, they can!
Equipment is way more important here, but the pleasure-recovery-on-enemy-kill is by far the most vital. It does leave me with a bit of anxiety that I've 1-fragmented some equipment items that I might've wanted to 4-fragment...
The "deflected projectiles gain homing" equipment effect doesn't seem to work on the new enemies in World 2 (the partly-malfunctioning androids).

- By the bed of Hasumi's room, what's does "resetting the enemy charging station event" do?
In the original game, this reset whether Hasumi had been using/abusing the chairs (the enemy's Android-charging stations) in World 3, so that she could use them "for the first time" if you revisited the stages with them-- and if Hasumi hadn't been using them, the boss won't try to tempt her into sitting in one instead of fighting. (Also in the original game, a small hovering pod providing power to the chair was accessible and destructible before you get locked into that scene, so you still had a way forward even if you didn't use the bed.)

- Love the new trance seal and latent hypno effect! (at least I think they were new, it's been a while)
In the original version...
Trance is inflicted on Hasumi if she is grabbed by a jellyfish, fails the second resistance phase (swaying hips) and proceeds to the third (being lifted into the air and gently stroked). It caused Hasumi to skip the first stage of resisting a jellyfish (i.e. she doesn't bother trying to wrestle it off her head and goes straight to swaying her hips back and forth in a daze), and gave the chance for the resistance gauge to turn pink and unresponsive while resisting any enemy or trap. It also caused jellyfish to slowly move towards her, rather than remaining stationary as usual.
Trance Seal was the fertility crest (the heart brand over the vagina you sometimes see in other H media); it was inflicted if a jellyfish brings Hasumi to climax. Its effect gives nearby jellyfish a new ability: trace out a heart in the air with their tentacles, causing Hasumi's heart brand to flare up with pleasure and cause her to flinch. It was designed to mess you up while you were trying to jump, plus inflict pleasure damage of course. Trance can be cured via Transforming, but Trance Seal cannot; Trance Seal also causes jellyfish to approach Hasumi like Trance does, but won't cause her to skip the wrestling phase of resistance, nor cause her resistance gauge to turn pink.
Hypno was similar to Trance but for most enemies rather than just for the jellyfish (Hasumi will fuck most enemies on contact and often skip one or more resistance phases, plus have the pink-unresponsive resist gauge chance).
Latent Hypno did not do these things, but caused contact with most enemies or projectiles to inflict Hypno on Hasumi; regular Hypno can be cured via Transform, but Latent Hypno can't. This means that you might Transform the Hypno off, only to bump into another enemy or projectile and have the Hypno immediately reapplied.

In the mod...
Trance is gradually applied while Hasumi is on the second or further phase of grappling with a jellyfish. When it reaches 100%, Hasumi will have a forced-pink gauge during the entirety of the first (wrestling) stage of any subsequent jellyfish grab, plus jellyfish will begin moving towards her rather than idling. At that point, Trance Seal will be gradually applied; when that reaches 100%, subsequent jellyfish grabs will force the gauge to be pink for the entirety of the first two phases, plus Hasumi will autopilot into a jellyfish if she hits it with her weapon. (The jellyfish can still do the trace-the-heart-in-the-air move in the mod, but it doesn't seem to do anything.)
Hypno is gradually applied while Hasumi is caught in a rope trap and being molested by a basic Android enemy. When it reaches 100%, she can still attempt to escape rope traps if the enemy hasn't reached her yet; once they do, she has a forced-pink resist gauge for the first phase of resistance. At 100% Hypno, additional exposure inflicts Latent Hypno, and when that reaches 100% she'll start fucking things on contact.

Philia

Dec 27, 2020
I should leave some feedback, too. I only had time to reach (but not yet actually attempt) the World 2 boss (Doomsday Machine), though.

The basic android enemy type is probably the biggest threat in the wholeass first two worlds, partly because of the changes to projectile deflection, but mostly because of the proximity-based tri-spread knockdown shot. Plays merry hell with the game's challenge progression. Maybe I just needed to use the bulletproof super suit more often in World 1, but I think the first one is encountered before the player could plausibly have filled the super meter.
I appreciate the changes to the mechanics (sad to see the melee combo go, but it was an actual detriment anyway), and also to the various enemy behaviors. The changes to Visor Hack-- both the status and the floating visors themselves-- are particularly fancy: two chances to break free with no penalty for failing the first, but failing both will lead to having a time limit until Game Over, plus it always did seem odd that they couldn't do the status-infection thing they did in the original Doomsday Machine fight. And now, with the mod, they can!
Equipment is way more important here, but the pleasure-recovery-on-enemy-kill is by far the most vital. It does leave me with a bit of anxiety that I've 1-fragmented some equipment items that I might've wanted to 4-fragment...
The "deflected projectiles gain homing" equipment effect doesn't seem to work on the new enemies in World 2 (the partly-malfunctioning androids).

In the original game, this reset whether Hasumi had been using/abusing the chairs (the enemy's Android-charging stations) in World 3, so that she could use them "for the first time" if you revisited the stages with them-- and if Hasumi hadn't been using them, the boss won't try to tempt her into sitting in one instead of fighting. (Also in the original game, a small hovering pod providing power to the chair was accessible and destructible before you get locked into that scene, so you still had a way forward even if you didn't use the bed.)

In the original version...
Trance is inflicted on Hasumi if she is grabbed by a jellyfish, fails the second resistance phase (swaying hips) and proceeds to the third (being lifted into the air and gently stroked). It caused Hasumi to skip the first stage of resisting a jellyfish (i.e. she doesn't bother trying to wrestle it off her head and goes straight to swaying her hips back and forth in a daze), and gave the chance for the resistance gauge to turn pink and unresponsive while resisting any enemy or trap. It also caused jellyfish to slowly move towards her, rather than remaining stationary as usual.
Trance Seal was the fertility crest (the heart brand over the vagina you sometimes see in other H media); it was inflicted if a jellyfish brings Hasumi to climax. Its effect gives nearby jellyfish a new ability: trace out a heart in the air with their tentacles, causing Hasumi's heart brand to flare up with pleasure and cause her to flinch. It was designed to mess you up while you were trying to jump, plus inflict pleasure damage of course. Trance can be cured via Transforming, but Trance Seal cannot; Trance Seal also causes jellyfish to approach Hasumi like Trance does, but won't cause her to skip the wrestling phase of resistance, nor cause her resistance gauge to turn pink.
Hypno was similar to Trance but for most enemies rather than just for the jellyfish (Hasumi will fuck most enemies on contact and often skip one or more resistance phases, plus have the pink-unresponsive resist gauge chance).
Latent Hypno did not do these things, but caused contact with most enemies or projectiles to inflict Hypno on Hasumi; regular Hypno can be cured via Transform, but Latent Hypno can't. This means that you might Transform the Hypno off, only to bump into another enemy or projectile and have the Hypno immediately reapplied.

In the mod...
Trance is gradually applied while Hasumi is on the second or further phase of grappling with a jellyfish. When it reaches 100%, Hasumi will have a forced-pink gauge during the entirety of the first (wrestling) stage of any subsequent jellyfish grab, plus jellyfish will begin moving towards her rather than idling. At that point, Trance Seal will be gradually applied; when that reaches 100%, subsequent jellyfish grabs will force the gauge to be pink for the entirety of the first two phases, plus Hasumi will autopilot into a jellyfish if she hits it with her weapon. (The jellyfish can still do the trace-the-heart-in-the-air move in the mod, but it doesn't seem to do anything.)
Hypno is gradually applied while Hasumi is caught in a rope trap and being molested by a basic Android enemy. When it reaches 100%, she can still attempt to escape rope traps if the enemy hasn't reached her yet; once they do, she has a forced-pink resist gauge for the first phase of resistance. At 100% Hypno, additional exposure inflicts Latent Hypno, and when that reaches 100% she'll start fucking things on contact.
Very well analyzed, you've made it even more apparent the brilliant work Mc Swagger did on this game.
These are all excellent changes in my opinion, and I simply cannot return to the base game again after this.
I had a feeling about the chair reset, so thank you for confirming.
No other noticeable perks to Hasumi's power suit right, except from the bullet immunity?

Also: What're your thoughts on the corruption meter, should it have been made more persisting through the game over resets, so eventually you'd be locked in a state of fucking your own enemies with no way out?
I still think it's a little too easy-going that all corruption is reset for every "death", basically I want the possibility of punishment through getting corrupted to the point of no return. Gradually building up so much permanent corruption that after a while, fighting or even moving around becomes impossible without submitting to one goon after the other. The save file can at that point be completely broken for all I care, for it'd certainly serve as an ultimate Bad End that you can actually play out.

Terafreak

Jan 18, 2021
Also: What're your thoughts on the corruption meter, should it have been made more persisting through the game over resets, so eventually you'd be locked in a state of fucking your own enemies with no way out?
I haven't played through World 3 yet, but so far the game's challenge feels sane with the "recover Pleasure on enemy kill" equip, to the point where I haven't gained a single point of Corruption since I crafted it back in World 1. Basic Androids are still assholes, though. If I were trying to balance this game, I'd swap their knockdown tri-shot move over to the malfunctioning Androids that start showing up in World 2. (Or mention an easier way to get around that attack in one of the early tutorial dialogues, like how the "you actually have to Goomba-stomp them" jellyfish tutorial was in one of them.)
Just to see what'd happen, I went back and intentionally let the Corruption meter fill to max, and... Hasumi respawns all the way in World 1-1. I wonder if the intention was to reset your Corruption but also reset your stage completion progress, so you'd have to fight your way back to where you were before in a roundabout kind of New Game Plus or Roguelite style?
Another way it could've been handled is "make the corruption-cleanse tentacle-plant work, but only once per stage clear." The inability to teleport home mid-stage means even hunting for missed Fragments incurs risk (aside from the save/load trick, of course); the tentacle-plant could then mitigate the risk or even help you turn a "profit" if you manage to get through a stage without building up more corruption than it cleanses.

Terafreak

Jan 18, 2021
Found it. The thing that inflicts the Curiosity status, which causes Hasumi to autopilot into a recharge chair when it reaches 100%, is this glowing hover pod gadget. They float back and forth in a room; if Hasumi is anywhere near one, she starts gaining stacks of Curiosity. Hasumi's attacks pass harmlessly through them; they're an environmental hazard rather than an enemy.

HasumiCuriosity.png

Philia

Dec 27, 2020
I haven't played through World 3 yet, but so far the game's challenge feels sane with the "recover Pleasure on enemy kill" equip, to the point where I haven't gained a single point of Corruption since I crafted it back in World 1. Basic Androids are still assholes, though. If I were trying to balance this game, I'd swap their knockdown tri-shot move over to the malfunctioning Androids that start showing up in World 2. (Or mention an easier way to get around that attack in one of the early tutorial dialogues, like how the "you actually have to Goomba-stomp them" jellyfish tutorial was in one of them.)
Just to see what'd happen, I went back and intentionally let the Corruption meter fill to max, and... Hasumi respawns all the way in World 1-1. I wonder if the intention was to reset your Corruption but also reset your stage completion progress, so you'd have to fight your way back to where you were before in a roundabout kind of New Game Plus or Roguelite style?
Another way it could've been handled is "make the corruption-cleanse tentacle-plant work, but only once per stage clear." The inability to teleport home mid-stage means even hunting for missed Fragments incurs risk (aside from the save/load trick, of course); the tentacle-plant could then mitigate the risk or even help you turn a "profit" if you manage to get through a stage without building up more corruption than it cleanses.
At which map in the World were you when respawning back to 1-1 after getting max corruption?
Cause corruption wouldn't get high enough for me before World 4, and at that point respawning only takes me back to what I think is the start of the same level I died in, probably 4-3 or 4-1 but not 1-1. Which isn't punishing enough imo, but oh well. I got more than what I've ever hoped for out of this game already, don't need any more changes really but let me just pass on a really dirty idea:

What if corruption never is reset on respawn/reset, but you could never "die" from it either?
The idea is, at 100% corruption, you'd be able to keep moving around but no longer having the slightest willpower to use a fighting move, and you can only get through opposition by going through all the hypno animations, and by fucking every mob you come across. Technically you could still reach the end of the stage you're locked inside of, but only after going down on how many low level androids?
And then if you can escape the hopeless stagefuck, maybe your bedroom plant can reduce some % of corruption but at the cost of x Stain? Stuck between spending the only currency on either curing corruption, or curing bad states... "stuck between a rock and a hard place", if you will.
As well as disable save/load completely, and implement an autosave that happens every time you enter a new level, finishes a stage, or enter the level select.

I'd love to play an alternation like this that constantly threatens with the slow and irreversable descent into corruption, but, naturally I'm pretty content with what's already here. It's just that grinding enough Stain to cure all detriments and undo all harm, is a little too easy still in my humble opinion.

Mc swagger

Oct 19, 2019
Hey Ho! Long time no see! First of all: I have not been able to work on the mod the last months. The year started quite busy and I did not found time to work on the mod.
I am not happy with the current state of the mod and wanted to fix some pressing issues with it. I really wanted to release a final version to have some closure!
I really appreciate your feedback and I will read all of it once I have some time to spare.
Hopefully in April I will have less work to do. Looking forward to it and thanks for you patience!

Philia

Dec 27, 2020
Hey Ho! Long time no see! First of all: I have not been able to work on the mod the last months. The year started quite busy and I did not found time to work on the mod.
I am not happy with the current state of the mod and wanted to fix some pressing issues with it. I really wanted to release a final version to have some closure!
I really appreciate your feedback and I will read all of it once I have some time to spare.
Hopefully in April I will have less work to do. Looking forward to it and thanks for you patience!
What a godsent! Looking forward to whatever you have planned next!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mc swagger

MichaelTTT

Mar 21, 2020
i copied and pasted all the files it said to in the date file. but i don't see any difference in the game. mod isn't working for me

anon1010

Jul 8, 2019
is there a full and concise list of the changes that were made from the dev themselves in this mod?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mc swagger

Mc swagger

Oct 19, 2019
Hasumi's eyes seem to clip through the brainwash visor during some bondage scenes (which is a shame, my favourite enemy in the game).
Yeah found this as well, but it is hard to fix from my side. There are some of those clipping issues in the vanilla game that are hard to fix
I've had a pretty gamebreaking bug occur, Hasumi is in the full bondage gear and has the curiosity status effect, but I can't get her to the chair she needs because a slime keeps knocking me back. seems like there is no cap on slime speed reduction so now her walk speed is pretty much zero.
Will look into it. Seems to be a combination of different states that lead to this issue. Good find
would really appreciate gamepad support in struggle events - right now struggling only seem to work on keyboard
I did not anticipate so many requests for controller support! Will look into it but it is a low priority for now
but i haven't found a way to reduce the amount of purple on my health bar at all, i was assuming it was tied to corruption, but using the plant at base seems to not effect anything, is that intentional? because this is getting significantly harder and i'm only on the second world, my max green health is two bars
There is no mechanic to reduce corruption. It is meant to creep slowly into hasumi and make resisting harder until she succumb to the temptations of her enemies. As a player you are meant to wittness the fall of a hero and thus "fail". From a game play perspective is this quite hard to implement since I take away agency from the player with increasing corruption which might be frustrating. But I hope I found a good balance.
The design idea is that the player looses to corrution and can start again after with a reset. In version 1.00 the whole game was reset but judging by the feedback this was way to harsh.
Suggestion: Would it have been better to make corruption (the purple bars) always permanent, and only slightly reversible by spending increasing amounts of taint to cure, say, one single bar for each 2000 points of taint?
That would be easy to implement, but would defeat the purpose of the corruption meter. If the price on reversing corruption is to low the consequences of corruption are meaningless, if is to high the player would ignore the option. If the price would inflate with more uses it would only delay the the corrution process and it would not invoke an interesting decision for the player.
I actually implemented such a delaying function for corruption by making the corruption gain exponentially. This way the corruption has a low impact at first but will escalate fast later.
During developement I intended to use the plant at the base to reduce corruption but I cut it because of the reasons above.
Suggestion: Is it possible to have an autosave feature and just completely disable the normal save button? I already played through your mod while continuously saving one single file, and got to the end without too much difficulty (Just a lot of really intense and hot bondage struggles. <3)
That is a good idea! From feedback I was surprised how many players were "save scumming" which might defeat the purpose of the game. If the player forces a "virgin" run by saving and loading, he ruins the fun for himselfe since most of the good content is tied to h scenes and corruption. I just played "Succubus Heaven" where the player cannot save either and also is resetted to the start of the game after loosing/full corruption. And it works quite well!
That being said... The save system is quite delicate in the original and working on it might break some things unintentionally. I will look into it and see what I can do
The two Bad States that you added, where they the Curiosity stat and the Trance Seal that forced me to walk towards enemies or the chair? I fucking loved that! x_x
Yes. Thanks! Glad that you like it
It's good that the plant no longer removes corruption but, was it made to do anything at all then?
It might serve the player as an punching bag to try out new equipment. Other than that it has no effect
Exactly how is Hasumi powered up during her TF now, except from absorbing bullets? It's a good thing you removed the machinegun she got, that shit was super busted. I'm just wondering for gameplay's sake, what other benefits came from TFing in this mod?
"Just all projectiles are absorbed. The idea is to give the player a way to prepare to get through an area full of enemies that shoot at hasumi. Also you might escape h scenes by transfoming (but I am sure you noticed that). Yes it is a lot less powerfull than the original, but it fellt like the powerfull skills should be rewarded by getting new equipment.
With Visor Hack on, does picking up Stains not do anything anymore? Couldn't see the pleasure meter increase as it did in the original, but, maybe it'd be too strong an effect here?
No you dont gain pleasure by picking up stain. I liked the idea and visuals from the vanilla game, but if you think about it, it was a quite broken mechanic: often the player could not avoid picking up stains and thus would get punished without having a real choice! Also removing the visor requires you to collect stains so the player needs to pick them up. this is a negative feedback loop that i wanted to avoid
Can Visor Hack end be skipped after a couple times? Good but long.
Sadly not. Adding new UI elements with the mod is quite hard... sorry
By the bed of Hasumi's room, what's does "resetting the enemy charging station event" do?
Thats just a relict... I thought i disabled all of them. Will fix it
Is there no Abyssal mode in this mod? Just wondering, and I can understand if not. (Would definetly like an even harder, more permanent upgrade to this mod however ;) )
There are no difficulty settings. This would make balancing even more difficult. If you want a challange try version 1.00 XD I made the mod quite a bit easier since then XD but be aware of bugs ;)
Sometimes, when you break out of grabs hitting V, you somehow don't TF at all
Thats a bug. Do you know which enemies/h scenes were effected?
Hasumi tends to be cloned in some cases during the Doomsday machine fight (see pic1.jpeg)
Will look into it
Sometimes during enemy grab (slime, plant), Hasumi and the enemy both disappears and the game locks and don't let you move away or access the menu. The only bug I found that actually impacted my fun with the game, cause you had to hard reset the game, but luckily it was a rare one. My bad for hooking up with dangerous fuckplants.
Thats an old bug from the original. I think i reduced the occurence of it but did not kill it for good... I will look what i can do but it is a tough one
In some rare cases like when sexing Hasumi's bedroom plant, you'd be locked in the grapple with that white bar that Lactate gives you when about to lactate. This happened while having the stats Milk Filled, Lactate and Slave Hack, and removing the first two fixed this. Weird bug.
Will look into it. Lactating is a delicate state ;)
Mhhh... will check this
What're your thoughts on the corruption meter, should it have been made more persisting through the game over resets, so eventually you'd be locked in a state of fucking your own enemies with no way out?
I still think it's a little too easy-going that all corruption is reset for every "death", basically I want the possibility of punishment through getting corrupted to the point of no return. Gradually building up so much permanent corruption that after a while, fighting or even moving around becomes impossible without submitting to one goon after the other. The save file can at that point be completely broken for all I care, for it'd certainly serve as an ultimate Bad End that you can actually play out.
Seems that you like it the hard way ;) I like your ideas and I would like to explore them but not in this mod. The game has to be designed in a way that a fully corrupted state is fun to play and I dont see that for Mission Marmaiden. The basic game play is focused on clearing the stage with meele combat. As you said the played had to "fuck" his way through the level which sound very laborious and time consuming with 50+ enemies. And if you arrive at a boss level you are stuck.
For a different game one would need a fun game play mode for full corrupted state that might turn the game play upside down but still be interesting to play. Beeing fully corrupted in my mod just means watching a lot of porn ;)
I wonder if the intention was to reset your Corruption but also reset your stage completion progress, so you'd have to fight your way back to where you were before in a roundabout kind of New Game Plus or Roguelite style?
Yeah I had this roguelite mechanic in mind. Currently the current world gets resetted so you will return to X-1 if you get fully corrupted. In version 1.00 the player returned to 1-1 but I soften up some things
The idea is, at 100% corruption, you'd be able to keep moving around but no longer having the slightest willpower to use a fighting move, and you can only get through opposition by going through all the hypno animations, and by fucking every mob you come across. Technically you could still reach the end of the stage you're locked inside of, but only after going down on how many low level androids?
Yeah... sounds tedious. In a boss level you were stuck for good
What a godsent! Looking forward to whatever you have planned next!
Hold your horses! I planed nothing big. I first want to polish a lot of bugs and add a few thing here and there but nothing major
Could we have a cheat menu with tweakable values like AQE BonedMod? I love your hardmode but I'm getting a bit too good for it xD
Might be fun... Will see what i can do
is there a full and concise list of the changes that were made from the dev themselves in this mod?
No but I need one! I have a list on my computer but i need to clean it up before i can release it. I might start with that... That might clear up some frequently asked questions

BaiFang

Feb 18, 2022
This mod totally changed my way of playing the game. You can't rush to the goal anymore now that the enemies are actually being a threat to Hasumi. Trying hard finding my way through enemies but still getting caught because of bad status, it's just a good and fun "vicious circle" for me.
The permanent corruption meter is the core mechanism I guess, and it gives a good "downfall" feeling too. I just think it may be a little too easy to restart the level and totally clear the meter after reaching full corruption.
But again, the rather small punishment makes sure that I can have fun letting Hasumi make out with all the enemies without thinking it over too much, which is great.

Japhrey

Jul 29, 2017
Its been a while since i played this mod. So I dont quite remember what was implemented and what was not. I have a suggestion to make:
How about adding some bondage tools like hand cuffs and leg cuffs? And you have to visit a certain area in the map to get rid of them via having some intercourse with some mobs. Maybe the latex ladies (dont remember their names).

• Red Heart
Reactions: Philia

Philia

Dec 27, 2020
Its been a while since i played this mod. So I dont quite remember what was implemented and what was not. I have a suggestion to make:
How about adding some bondage tools like hand cuffs and leg cuffs? And you have to visit a certain area in the map to get rid of them via having some intercourse with some mobs. Maybe the latex ladies (dont remember their names).
Handcuffs to disable your melee and leg cuffs to make you move slower... I like the sound of that.. <3
Could be removable by certain enemies for the cost of a sex grapple and added corruption, or perhaps removed at the lab for a sizeable amount of taint (or whatever the currency was called).
These.. afflictions shouldn’t be inflicted *too* ofte, and could benefit from small erotic triggers, such as desperate moans that activate whenever Hasumi tries to attack or move with the cuffs on. Or, she could have a random chance to trip and fall with the leg cuffs on when trying to run, since slow movement is already present in slime, and I sometimes felt that to be more annoying than it was hot.
Good and possibly erotic ideas, but not sure how easy they’d be for McSwagger to implement.

Reactions: Japhrey
4.00 star(s) 5 Votes