4.60 star(s) 23 Votes

R1k0

Sep 27, 2017
still got error "fossil needs to be the first plugin or the game will break"

i download patches.json and put it to game root, rename FOSSILindex.HTML to index.html, but still dont work.
I just put the patch in the game folder and everything worked.

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
Note :
I played this game ca 2 years ago and now I am going through the new content.

This game started like a sandbox game.
You have the school day mechanic with random events and the afternoon where mc can explore the city, meet and romance friends, etc. The player could decide if Missy was more sub or dom or balanced, if she antagonized or placated the teachers, the popular and the bad girls, etc.
Missy could befriend Ms Paris and if doing the wrestling club quest with Jess could also come very close to a sexual relation with Jess. Problem here was that dev never added follow-up content to the sexy wrestling scene in Jess' bedroom.

The new chapters, especially "The Reign of Jess", are not sandbox but rather kinetic novel type. You have to walk a lot but no real decisions nor paths to choose. Especially for players who played Missy as a more dominant independant character, the "Reign of Jess" is a shock since they are forced into sub content without decisions nor alternatives. "The Reign of Jess" breaks the former game design and ignores the player's previous decisions. It also breaks the former story of characters like Jess and Ms Paris.
Technically the game is well implemented, but with "The Reign of Jess" the writing unfortuneatley temporarily went downhill. I guess that only a fraction of players really are into this more extreme kind of "school girl humilation", so making it unavoidable has impact on the group of players watching this game.

Imho Storywise "The Reign of Jess" doesn't make sense and went way over the top.
I am not a fan of blackmail as plot device anyway.

Ms Paris knows that by publically giving power to Jess and humilating Missy in extreme ways without reason the whole school will question her and will find out sooner or later that there is something fishy. Additionally to the original blackmail, now there is also her wrong decision making and her wrongdoing as teacher against Missy and Abby which should cost her her job anyway. As a character Ms Paris now is burnt and the game lost a promising character.
As a reasonable teacher she eg could have threatened Jess to escalate if she does not stop the blackmail, eg by counter-blackmailing Jess that if Jess does not stop or if Jess publishes the blackmail topic then Ms Paris will give prove of Jess' blackmail attempt to the authorities resulting in Jess going to jail. That should have been enough to stop Jess.
Even without prove she could have asked Missy and Abby beforehand to help her deal with Jess' blackmail and contain damage. Missy's participation in Jess' more extreme humilations could then be a player choice but dev would also have to provide alternatives and a more reasonable scenario in general.

Jess on the other side would not be so stupid to believe that her blackmail will go on forever without consequences. The previous Jess in the game would never risk to spend her life in jail for some lezdom fun with Missy.
She should know that simply by "training" Missy as a sub Missy won't automatically become her real sub. If Missy is submissive and into Jess, then Jess would be able to make her her pet anyway, without all the blackmail and danger of going to jail. If Missy is dominant, then all the submissive pet play would be just a lie and Missy would kick Jess' ass on next opportunity (and send her to jail for the blackmail).
Since the blackmail won't go on forever and Jess should go to jail anyway and the game will likely lose another interesting character.
It is a pity since the game 2 years ago actually added an alternative plot for Jess with the wrestling club and the option for Missy to visit her at home which would have allowed a romantic lezdom relation with Jess without all the blackmail stuff.
"Becoming Jess' sex slave for a weekend" could have been the reward for a bet with Jess and the players could have decided if they want to choose this path or not.

It is unfortunate that so much effort and resources were used to seemingly please a small group of hardcore "school girl humilation" fans on patreon and scare off many other players.

For a sandbox game it is important to add interesting characters and interesting repeatable events which unlock further interesting repeatable events. Sandbox might be a misleading term since there is no sand to freely build stuff. Better see it as a "Theme Park" or a "Buffet" where the players can freely and repeatedly visit those shows/content they are interested in and unlock more ... and ignore the others. Adding mostly kinetic one-time-content for a special group of fans to such a game instead of new interesting repeatable events imho is a misuse/waste of resources.

I would suggest to rewrite "The Reign of Jess", adding more decisions and paths for different play styles and use most of the current content either to unlock repeatable events or as repeatable events for the extreme sub fans. Players who really like the submissive Missy play will probably also like to repeat part of the content in the daily routine ... Other players however would need lots of alternative content ... especially since in the last 2 years there was almost no new content on those paths (or I missed it).

Last edited:

Coyote01

Jan 26, 2020
Note :

You have the school day mechanic with random events and the afternoon where mc can explore the city, meet and romance friends, etc. The player could decide if Missy was more sub or dom or balanced, if she antagonized or placated the teachers, the popular and the bad girls, etc.
Missy could befriend Ms Paris and if doing the wrestling club quest with Jess could also come very close to a sexual relation with Jess. Problem here was that dev never added follow-up content to the sexy wrestling scene in Jess' bedroom.

The new chapters, especially "The Reign of Jess", are not sandbox but rather kinetic novel type. You have to walk a lot but no real decisions nor paths to choose. Especially for players who played Missy as a more dominant independant character, the "Reign of Jess" is a shock since they are forced into sub content without decisions nor alternatives. "The Reign of Jess" breaks the former game design and ignores the player's previous decisions. It also breaks the former story of characters like Jess and Ms Paris.
Technically the game is well implemented, but with "The Reign of Jess" the writing unfortuneatley temporarily went downhill. I guess that only a fraction of players really are into this more extreme kind of "school girl humilation", so making it unavoidable has impact on the group of players watching this game.

Imho Storywise "The Reign of Jess" doesn't make sense and went way over the top.

Ms Paris knows that by publically giving power to Jess and humilating Missy in extreme ways without reason the whole school will question her and will find out sooner or later that there is something fishy. Additionally to the original blackmail, now there is also her wrong decision making and her wrongdoing as teacher against Missy and Abby which should cost her her job anyway. As a character Ms Paris now is burnt and the game lost a promising character.
As a reasonable teacher she eg could have threatened Jess to escalate if she does not stop the blackmail, eg by counter-blackmailing Jess that if Jess does not stop or if Jess publishes the blackmail topic then Ms Paris will give prove of Jess' blackmail attempt to the authorities resulting in Jess going to jail. That should have been enough to stop Jess.
Even without prove she could have asked Missy and Abby beforehand to help her deal with Jess' blackmail and contain damage. Missy's participation in Jess' more extreme humilations could then be a player choice but dev would also have to provide alternatives and a more reasonable scenario in general.

Jess on the other side would not be so stupid to believe that her blackmail will go on forever without consequences. The previous Jess in the game would never risk to spend her life in jail for some lezdom fun with Missy.
She should know that simply by "training" Missy as a sub Missy won't automatically become her real sub. If Missy is submissive and into Jess, then Jess would be able to make her her pet anyway, without all the blackmail and danger of going to jail. If Missy is dominant, then all the submissive pet play would be just a lie and Missy would kick Jess' ass on next opportunity (and send her to jail for the blackmail).
Since the blackmail won't go on forever and Jess should go to jail anyway and the game will likely lose another interesting character.
It is a pity since the game 2 years ago actually added an alternative plot for Jess with the wrestling club and the option for Missy to visit her at home which would have allowed a romantic lezdom relation with Jess without all the blackmail stuff.
"Becoming Jess' sex slave for a weekend" could have been the reward for a bet with Jess and the players could have decided if they want to choose this path or not.

It is unfortunate that so much effort and resources were used to seemingly please a small group of hardcore "school girl humilation" fans on patreon and scare off many other players.

For a sandbox game it is important to add interesting characters and interesting repeatable events which unlock further interesting repeatable events. Sandbox might be a misleading term since there is no sand to freely build stuff. Better see it as a "Theme Park" or a "Buffet" where the players can freely and repeatedly visit those shows/content they are interested in and unlock more ... and ignore the others. Adding mostly kinetic one-time-content for a special group of fans to such a game instead of new interesting repeatable events imho is a misuse/waste of resources.

I would suggest to rewrite "The Reign of Jess", adding more decisions and paths for different play styles and use most of the current content either to unlock repeatable events or as repeatable events for the extreme sub fans. Players who really like the submissive Missy play will probably also like to repeat part of the content in the daily routine ... Other players however would need lots of alternative content ... especially since in the last 2 years there was almost no new content on those paths (or I missed it).
I agree 100%.

the game itself is simply superbly made. but the very points you mention take all the fun out of the game. I'll still keep an eye on this game, maybe there will be another version or even changes in this one.

Reactions: FPcrab

Trinian

Naughty Schoolgirl
Game Developer
Jan 16, 2021
Note :

Thank you for your thoughts, all feedback is helpful ^^ To offer some explanations:

I'd refer you to some of the previous discussions we've had in this thread regarding domme players and the game. I would also point out that subby players are in fact the of the game's playerbase, and they're definitely more than just a hardcode of Patreon supporters.

The other thing I will disagree with you on is the idea that I've burned Miss Paris and Jess as characters. You're assuming I can't write my way out of it, but the ending of this arc is set, will create a new normal for act 2, and will hopefully satisfy all sides. (Well... maybe not the ones that keep asking me for an ending where you stay Jess's slave forever...)

I don't feel like I'm ignoring the player's choices by forcing sub content, just overriding them for the purposes of this arc. The dialogue in Reign of Jess does change depending on your sub score, because this could be something Missy truly hates or actually low-key gets off on, but either way, she's being forced into it. If you held a gun to the most dominant person on the planet and told them to get down on their knees and kiss your feet or you'll shoot them, they'll get down on their knees and kiss your feet because they want to live. Personally I like this idea more than a subby Missy who'd bow to Jess without even being forced.

As to the sandbox/kinetic novel dichotomy, I'd have a look at Poppy's story if you've only just come back to the game. Avenging Angel has so many different paths that it was hard to keep track of them during development.
I've written about it somewhere, (though I can't remember whether it's public or behind the paywall) that this story gives the player a lot of choice, whereas the Reign of Jess (an arc that divides opinion far more than I'd have ever thought and has been extremely surprising) is a story on rails.

I used blackmail for the plot because it's hot for the character to have to do something she doesn't want to, and I'll do it again, but I am also tinkering with some other ideas for having her coerced into doing things she's reluctant to do, so watch this space ^^

Jun 6, 2022
Thank you for your thoughts, all feedback is helpful ^^ To offer some explanations:

I'd refer you to some of the previous discussions we've had in this thread regarding domme players and the game. I would also point out that subby players are in fact the of the game's playerbase, and they're definitely more than just a hardcode of Patreon supporters.

The other thing I will disagree with you on is the idea that I've burned Miss Paris and Jess as characters. You're assuming I can't write my way out of it, but the ending of this arc is set, will create a new normal for act 2, and will hopefully satisfy all sides. (Well... maybe not the ones that keep asking me for an ending where you stay Jess's slave forever...)

I don't feel like I'm ignoring the player's choices by forcing sub content, just overriding them for the purposes of this arc. The dialogue in Reign of Jess does change depending on your sub score, because this could be something Missy truly hates or actually low-key gets off on, but either way, she's being forced into it. If you held a gun to the most dominant person on the planet and told them to get down on their knees and kiss your feet or you'll shoot them, they'll get down on their knees and kiss your feet because they want to live. Personally I like this idea more than a subby Missy who'd bow to Jess without even being forced.

As to the sandbox/kinetic novel dichotomy, I'd have a look at Poppy's story if you've only just come back to the game. Avenging Angel has so many different paths that it was hard to keep track of them during development.
I've written about it somewhere, (though I can't remember whether it's public or behind the paywall) that this story gives the player a lot of choice, whereas the Reign of Jess (an arc that divides opinion far more than I'd have ever thought and has been extremely surprising) is a story on rails.

I used blackmail for the plot because it's hot for the character to have to do something she doesn't want to, and I'll do it again, but I am also tinkering with some other ideas for having her coerced into doing things she's reluctant to do, so watch this space ^^
Personally I like this idea more than a subby Missy who'd bow to Jess without even being forced.
I used blackmail for the plot because it's hot for the character to have to do something she doesn't want to
yes, some people will think it's hot, but this is not something that many fans of a "dominant missy" are going to like very much.
I mean it's practically 2 long on rails episodes where we just see humiliation after humiliation.

unless we end up with jess as our slave, and have several scenes where we give back, I don't see that it was worth it to have suffered those episodes as a dominant missy.

i personally give up with that route, i don't even remember there being any substance there, even missy is dominated (consensually) by her girlfriend even though we have domination to the max.

Last edited:

GreenDark

Jul 25, 2018
The other thing I will disagree with you on is the idea that I've burned Miss Paris and Jess as characters. You're assuming I can't write my way out of it, but the ending of this arc is set, will create a new normal for act 2, and will hopefully satisfy all sides.
This is what I'm most concerned with.
I haven't had the time to go over part 2 yet, so forgive me if there's something relevant there I haven't seen.
Miss Paris and Jess haven't been burned IF whatever it is that Jess has over Paris justifies Paris going with it and acting wildly out of character (which would be in character if justified) and Jess feeling like it's strong enough to be worth going with this insane plan. I'm having a hard time imagining what it could be other than some horrible crime but even then, Paris would be acting cowardly in this situation. Well, I'm not the writer here so I hope whatever you have is convincing enough. I'm a little doubtful but have no reason to declare the story ruined.

Reactions: OuterZone

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
One of the biggest problems with "The Reign of Jess" for me is that it does not make sense to me in the context of the game.
As others also wrote,
- both Jess and Ms Paris act out of character.
- They have some days to prepare all this but they cannot even come up with a reasonable reason why to punish Missy. (I guess this was meant to be a joke.)
- They use the babydoll punishment which never was used in the past 4-5 years and make sure that the whole school is aware of it which should cause a ton of questions to Ms Paris by her colleagues ...
- Jess can have Missy at home only because her mothers are away for the weekend. After the weekend Jess would have a hard time explaining her parents why she has a sex slave now. She did not want Missy to meet her parents before ...

Last edited:
Reactions: The Celtic fan

Birdnman993

Dec 6, 2021
I think people still don't understand the story and the LORE of the game, Missy from the beginning has been a submissive and horny girl by default, and we can increase or leave those traits that way, we have to remember that we are not Missy, she is her own person with their tastes and we only tilt the path that they take a little, you can choose which path of the river to take, but everything ends in the same sea.

The fact that there are no alternate routes in this second part has more to do with the fact that with Abbie we are just a spectator, unlike when we are with Missy, but it seems wrong to call the game NV because you can interact with the people in the new city and knowing more about the world, something that can be overlooked if you are not interested or curious.

I will leave my impressions of the last update for later, as to how Miss.Paris and Jess would come out of this well.......... I trust our monarchical government not to be corrupt at all.

Reactions: Trinian and Trellok
Jun 6, 2022
I think people still don't understand the story and the LORE of the game, Missy from the beginning has been a submissive and horny girl by default, and we can increase or leave those traits that way, we have to remember that we are not Missy, she is her own person with their tastes and we only tilt the path that they take a little, you can choose which path of the river to take, but everything ends in the same sea.

The fact that there are no alternate routes in this second part has more to do with the fact that with Abbie we are just a spectator, unlike when we are with Missy, but it seems wrong to call the game NV because you can interact with the people in the new city and knowing more about the world, something that can be overlooked if you are not interested or curious.

I will leave my impressions of the last update for later, as to how Miss.Paris and Jess would come out of this well.......... I trust our monarchical government not to be corrupt at all.
at the beginning of the game missy is "horny" but she was not submissive, we have the sub/dom system, which at the beginning starts "neutral" with her saying " she is neither one nor the other", although the only thing it does for now is to change some dialogues.

Trinian

Naughty Schoolgirl
Game Developer
Jan 16, 2021
This is what I'm most concerned with.
I haven't had the time to go over part 2 yet, so forgive me if there's something relevant there I haven't seen.
Miss Paris and Jess haven't been burned IF whatever it is that Jess has over Paris justifies Paris going with it and acting wildly out of character (which would be in character if justified) and Jess feeling like it's strong enough to be worth going with this insane plan. I'm having a hard time imagining what it could be other than some horrible crime but even then, Paris would be acting cowardly in this situation. Well, I'm not the writer here so I hope whatever you have is convincing enough. I'm a little doubtful but have no reason to declare the story ruined.
I hope it is too. It makes sense to me, I've tried to make sure there are no loose ends and I'm confident that no one will see the twist coming and will hopefully just appreciate that I told a good story with some sexy scenes, but will domme players be satisfied with the revenge they get on Jess? Will people agree that Miss Paris had no choice when they find out what Jess has on her? I guess we'll find out!

In the end, my play is show don't tell, which is why I'm offering explanations here but largely just happy to let the ending speak for itself and then see if people still think these criticisms are valid.

Oh, one thing,
The previous Jess in the game would never risk to spend her life in jail for some lezdom fun with Missy.
Jess is 18. Young people do dumb things without thinking through the consequences. Jess is also an aloof, entitled Lady Gardens brat who believes she's better than everyone else in that room including Miss Paris, and she's used to her parents bailing her out if she's in trouble. (Remember how Poppy got away with raping the maid because her mothers would have been embarrassed by it?)

Reactions: gojira667

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
Why didn't you continue the original Jess story with the wrestling club at school and Jess giving Missy some hot wrestling tipps in her room? I had the impression that they were close to having sex ... until her mother came home.

You could have added a (repeatable) wrestling bet between Missy and Jess and the looser would become sex slave of the winner for the weekend if Jess is alone at home ... would have been similar to current content but repeatable and players would have a decision, eg fight or not, win or loose.

Based on the earlier gameplay my guess was that Missy and Jess are destined to become lovers ... unless the player does not want it. Jess permanently battling Missy was Jess' way to show affection. And Missy was attracted to Jess, too, at least on the path I played. In that context blackmailing Ms Paris and turning Missy into a sex slave seems way over the top since Jess could have become Missy's girlfriend much easier.

Trinian

Naughty Schoolgirl
Game Developer
Jan 16, 2021
Why didn't you continue the original Jess story with the wrestling club at school and Jess giving Missy some hot wrestling tipps in her room? I had the impression that they were close to having sex ... until her mother came home.

You could have added a (repeatable) wrestling bet between Missy and Jess and the looser would become sex slave of the winner for the weekend if Jess is alone at home ... would have been similar to current content but repeatable and players would have a decision, eg fight or not, win or loose.

Based on the earlier gameplay my guess was that Missy and Jess are destined to become lovers ... unless the player does not want it. Jess permanently battling Missy was Jess' way to show affection. And Missy was attracted to Jess, too, at least on the path I played. In that context blackmailing Ms Paris and turning Missy into a sex slave seems way over the top since Jess could have become Missy's girlfriend much easier.
All of that's still true. Jess is a confused young woman, she has quite an immature view of love and relationships, blowing hot and cold with Missy because she doesn't know how to relate to her. And she is also still a bully.

The wrestling story will continue in the second act, I'm slow-rolling it a bit because I want the combat overhaul finished before I make a combat-focused story. Jess will be getting a relationship quest, I've been waiting until after this arc is over, because I'm sure you can appreciate it would have been even stranger if she'd blackmailed a girl that was already her lover!

I like the repeatable slavery bet idea. I'm writing that one down ^^

blac

Jul 29, 2020
(Well... maybe not the ones that keep asking me for an ending where you stay Jess's slave forever...)
[/QUOTE]

I'm actually sad to read this. I always thought it would be fun to have a route in which missy becomes a permanent slave not necessarily only to Jess. Maybe Missy could become a slave to the school for 'education purposes' by breaking some laws or so.

Trinian

Naughty Schoolgirl
Game Developer
Jan 16, 2021
I'm actually sad to read this. I always thought it would be fun to have a route in which missy becomes a permanent slave not necessarily only to Jess. Maybe Missy could become a slave to the school for 'education purposes' by breaking some laws or so.
Plenty more game to go yet. Just not in this storyline ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: blac

Envy*

Apr 10, 2022
Hi, I've decided to start again and I've seen that there's been quite a bit of udapte in the meantime, I wanted to know if the relationship between Missy and Jess has evolved or if it's still friend/enemy, mistress/slave ?

Birdnman993

Dec 6, 2021
The last update really surprised me and left me with many unknowns with the final events:

What will Miss Paris' sister want in the ancient world and what repercussions will she have on history?

What will become of Missy now that her heart is succumbing to Jess's dominion?

And more importantly, what will become of Missy's relationship with Abbie now that she is discovering that she has a penchant for being dominated? There are many things that could radically change Missy's life, either for the better or the worse.

Abbie being submissive was a surprise, but in retrospect it was to be expected, since her being dominant with Missy is just an imitation of Paris to satisfy her girlfriend rather than something authentic, so it will be interesting to see both of them deal with their problems as a couple. new tastes, maybe with a Missy Dom or maybe with the help of Lola.

Jess as a mistress is terrified as she uses fear to intimidate Missy to break her shell, her strong feelings for Missy have led her to commit any vile act in order to see her twisted vision of love realized, so it is totally unpredictable what she will do. , she could continue having Missy captive to herself or see that she has gone too far and regret her actions for not knowing how to express her feelings, at this point anything can happen.

Looking at the information we got from the NPCs about the old world it seems like they aren't as bad as I thought, I thought the war did so much that they fell behind technologically, but it looks like you can still sail and trade which makes me wonder how Great is the military power of Sapphory to prevent other nations from wanting to take its resources.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Trinian

FPcrab

Aug 14, 2018

Thanks to the author for his honesty, now I won’t eagerly wait for every new update of my favorite game. It's no longer a game of choices, roleplaying, and plot twists depending on the decisions you make. Now this is regular game about an ordinary whore-heroine who gets fucked by every NPC she meets. Disappointing.

1705476831914.png

I won both ribbons in battle, I fought for them with all my might and did not allow myself to be dominated by dominating myself. I led Poppy on a leash in the park, punished bad girls at school, did not cave in to humiliation, and won all the battles, eventually becoming the leader and they kissed my feet. I dominate Jess in a school, make her strip and slap her butt, and took her ribbons as sign of my domination. And now all this means absolutely nothing, zero. Because a bunch of nerds from Patreon who had never fucked before in their lives - decided to ruin a great game where there was a choice.

Last edited:
Reactions: f96zonetrooper
4.60 star(s) 23 Votes