Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
Monday Update 60.jpg

MIST 0.7.1 released and from the new members here on Patreon and the feedback I am gathering I think it is safe to say that the update was quite successful. So let us talk about what is coming next.

Before that though, I warmly welcome all new Patrons. thanks for coming on board and supporting me in the development of Mist. The same obviously goes to all existing Patrons.

There are two important topics I want to talk about. First, for those who just want to know what is coming up I'll give a brief overview of what the next update will entail. Secondly I am announcing some changes to the financial side of the Patreon campaign, as I will finally be switching from Dollar to Euro as my currency. I'll explain it in more detail later on, what I want to say now is that all changes won't affect existing Patrons. Only new people will see a difference.

What is next?

As you might have noticed 0.7.1 was the end of the "Rescue Noreia" story arc. And as usual, when I've finished a bigger part of the story, I'll take my time for one update and work on fixes and improvements to the already existing content. So before we dive right back into the story, the next update(0.7.2) will focus on improvements and fixes, but will also come out quicker than usual, releasing in August.

But there will be more than just bugfixes. Of course I am also including some new stuff. Mainly new ways to spend time with the girls and a rework of the early game with Robin, up to the point where you go to rescue Mia. That rework is the biggest part of the update and I will refine and change parts of the early story and rework her scenes. This might be weird for some, but for a while now It has bothered me that the beginning does not hold up to the quality standard of the later parts of the game. Simply because I improved over time.

But I am not completely changing everything. Unless you want to see what is new, you won't even have to start a new save. The story in itself will stay the same, I am just changing the pacing and the early relationship with Robin. Things will still end up exactly where they are right now. I only want to raise the quality and make Robins scenes look a lot better. Especially the low framerate on some of those early animations is hard to watch.

So next are improvements and reworks for Robin in 0.7.2 And after that I will come back with new story content in 0.8 where all 4 girls will finally be united.

And now to the financial part:

A little while back Patreon introduced the option to change to a different payout currency than the standard Dollar. Which makes it possible for people outside of the US to get their money in their local currency. I live in Europe and I want to switch my currency from Dollar to Euro as it makes things a lot easier for me. Up until now I've waited to see how the change went for others and I didn't really notice any problems so I will also be making the change. What does that mean for you?

If you are already a Patron of mine nothing will change. I repeat, if you are already a Patron, you will pay as much as you've been paying up until now.

For new People wanting to join, the change means that the price might go up slightly, simply because the Euro is currently worth a little bit more than the Dollar. I've thought a lot about whether or not I find it fair to do this change and I still feel conflicted about this little hidden raise in prices, but Dollar is really inconvenient to me as a European and I hope you can understand that I want to make the switch.

That change will happen in the next two weeks, I don't know when exactly, depends on when I am taking my time to actually do it.

That's it:

That is all from me. Now I am back to working on 0.7.2 to get it out as soon as possible because I really want to start developing the new content.

Until next time, stay safe!

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I can't find the save game file where is it located
2 places.
1st is the game install folder, where you launch the game from:
MIST-0.7.1-pc\game\saves
2nd is where Ren'Py puts saves:
C:\\Users\*Username\AppData (Hidden folder)\Roaming\RenPy\ProjectMist\

Quick way to get there, is type %AppData% in Run, then choose the RenPy\ProjectMist\ folder.

Last edited:
Reactions: hotlynkz

hotlynkz

Jan 31, 2020
2 places.
1st is the game install folder, where you launch the game from:
MIST-0.7.1-pc\game\saves
2nd is where Ren'Py puts saves:
C:\\Users\*Username\AppData (Hidden folder)\Roaming\RenPy\ProjectMist\

Quick way to get there, is type %AppData% in Run, then choose the RenPy\ProjectMist\ folder.
Thank you very much

Reactions: whichone

jak3saw

Jan 14, 2020
I wonder if this game is spiritually connected somehow to "Mist Survival".
id like to think it is ^^ either way still an interesting game.

XCelesX

Jun 2, 2020
Wow this game would still be fantastic without the sex stuff even though this is a great spicy bonus. The dramatic moments are so well done and characters are so likable that when the sex scenes trigger it often feels a bit out of place or sudden even. Not as well integrated as the rest of the dialogue for sure, but the animations are awesome!

player6969666

Jan 30, 2020
Click on the
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Then click Status, then choose the
Then just choose
you want to train.
All XP gained from fighting shadows will apply here.
Thank you very much for your help. It had me stuck since I didn't know about fighting the shadows to gain the XP.

Reactions: whichone
Mar 28, 2018
what do I do for my axe won't work?
If this is prompted by the UL-03 quest, where you tried to hack the tentacles with the axe. You are not looking for a whetsone, instead you need to explore the tunnels more. Go back to the main hub with the pit, take a left, go forward and there should be an option to take a right. That is the "locked" section that you need to explore to proceed with this quest and you will find the tool necessary to break those tentacles

Reactions: muschi123

Azphel

May 5, 2017
A little something for players that struggle in exploring for low health and stamina
I made this 'cheat file' so it does not change any actual game file, and it's manually activated each time, so to uninstall it just delete cheats.rpy and cheats.rpyc
To use it you MUST enable the player console
In the console type:
call stat_boost -> this will increase both max health and stamina by 100, this MIGHT break one training quest needed to proceed
call stat_reset -> this will restore current health and stamina to their max value

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
395games_Rathieu theres some fuckery going around after starting to build the bathhouse, i get constant error notifications its having trouble opening the corresponding files to the screens/rooms i enter.

Last edited:

riddo

Apr 30, 2017
Hi all,

I am a little bit stuck on one quest:
What is the doctor planning?
-maybe I can find a hint in the forest

The thing is I was walking in all possible places in forest and I cant find anything to click to get a hint. do I look in right place or should I look somewhere else?

thanks

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Hi all,

I am a little bit stuck on one quest:
What is the doctor planning?
-maybe I can find a hint in the forest

The thing is I was walking in all possible places in forest and I cant find anything to click to get a hint. do I look in right place or should I look somewhere else?

thanks
See this post, three pages back.

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
She only put the shield around her since the director kidnapped her.
She didn't have a shield when she sensed the MC.
She said that she only came into existence at that moment & didn't know anything before.

As we witnessed his seed in her breaking the shield, it's pretty clear that there wasn't one when we grabbed her antlers and throat fucked her.
I didn't really follow the conversation that you two had but I want to add one thing at the end of the update it was the first time that Noreia really took the MC seed because every other scene with her took place in the mind even the scene with the throat fuck was not in the real world as the MC escapes the Directors mind after the throat fuck and wakes up in his bed. I think Noreia was in the dome from the beginning of the game and had the shield around her from the beginning.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Demonic Presence

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I didn't really follow the conversation that you two had but I want to add one thing at the end of the update it was the first time that Noreia really took the MC seed because every other scene with her took place in the mind even the scene with the throat fuck was not in the real world as the MC escapes the Directors mind after the throat fuck and wakes up in his bed. I think Noreia was in the dome from the beginning of the game and had the shield around her from the beginning.
Yeah, I see it differently.
She was able to come to the MC & MC was previously able to communicate with her.
When she was removed & we got the mission to rescue her, he lost communication. Even touching the vines didn't work anymore.
When the shield broke, he was able to communicate with her again, she displayed being upset that he had broken the shield.
Seems that the shield is what prevented them communicating.
If it had been there since the start, she would never have been able to communicate with him.

I can certainly see that her physical form has not left the dome. I have no issue with her body being there all the time.
I only object to the shield having been there whilst she was able to come and go as she pleased, she had no need for a shield at that time.
It makes more sense, to me, for her to have put up the shield when she came under threat, which also coincides with when we got the mission to rescue her & when we lost communication with her.

Not trying to change anyone's view, just presenting the reasons why I don't share it.

caynine

Nov 24, 2018
Thanks for the game! Really feels like a true game with a real story. Love your work =)

Are you planning to implement elements like morality in the future? (Feels like dialog options point in that direction)
And maybe pet names?

4.60 star(s) 688 Votes