Blaq Mask

Jun 25, 2019
:unsure: The perfect temperature of water to make coffee with is between 90-96 degree C. Any lower and you end up with a sour, undeveloped taste. Ergo it would need to be hotter than this, to make this statement accurate.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
OK, so previous statement is not accurate, at all.
88 degrees water can kill, yeah? Please explain under which circumstance? Other than drowning, where the temperature is irrelevant, how can someone be killed specifically due to the water being at 12 degrees lower than boiling?
Please, I must know how you consider this to not be self-contradiction.

Don't know why you tried to make an argument about this, especially not when your whole point is based on a fundamentally false position, that ends up being totally invalidated by your own following comment.
Also don't know why you came into the thread in such a condescending manner, trying to talk down to Havik, then to me.
But hey, well done, you defeated your own argument. (y) Was there really any point in making it, to begin with?:FacePalm:
If I recall correctly the lady suffered 2nd degree burns. That shouldn't happen just from spilling coffee on yourself. She was absolutely in the right to sue them, they deserved it.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
If I recall correctly the lady suffered 2nd degree burns. That shouldn't happen just from spilling coffee on yourself. She was absolutely in the right to sue them, they deserved it.
Water doesn't get much hotter than 100 degrees C, it begins turning to steam at that point.
Would be odd for a coffee machine to use pressurised "superheated" water, as coffee requires 90-96 degrees to brew correctly.
That, 100 deg C, is the temperature which I make tea with every single day.
I know that my tea is boiling hot & will scald me, so leave it to cool before drinking it. Sometimes I return to it too quickly and slightly burn my lips, or tongue when tasting it, so I put it down and leave it again.
The coffee in her cup was stated, by the previous poster, to be 88 degrees C.
I imagine this is hot enough to seriously damage my skin.
As such, I will take care not to spill it on my skin.
If I do spill it, it is my own fault.
It should not be a surprise to anyone that a drink, made with near boiling water, is very hot.
Which brings us full circle to the original point: Putting "Caution Hot" on the lid is not a warning that any person with average intelligence requires.
They know it is hot. They purchased a hot drink.
It's catering to the lowest common denominator.

Last edited:

Blaq Mask

Jun 25, 2019
Water doesn't get much hotter than 100 degrees C, it begins turning to steam at that point.
That is the temperature which I make tea with every single day.
I know that my tea is boiling hot & will scald me, so leave it to cool before drinking it. Sometimes I return to it too quickly and slightly burn my lips, or tongue when tasting it, so I put it down and leave it again.
The coffee in her cup was stated, by the previous poster, to be 88 degrees C.
I imagine this is hot enough to seriously damage my skin.
As such, I will take care not to spill it on my skin.
If I do spill it, it is my own fault.
It should not be a surprise to anyone that a drink, made with near boiling water, is very hot.
The lady had no way of knowing how hot the coffee in the cup was, that was the entire point. She was given a cup of scalding hot coffee in the drive through and didn't know. That's why she sued them. You seem unable to tell the difference between brewing a fresh cup yourself and buying one made who knows when.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
The lady had no way of knowing how hot the coffee in the cup was, that was the entire point. She was given a cup of scalding hot coffee in the drive through and didn't know. That's why she sued them. You seem unable to tell the difference between brewing a fresh cup yourself and buying one made who knows when.
I would presume that buying one, they are made there and then. It's not like it's sat in a perculator jug for half an hour prior to purchase.
So the water is, quite obviously, going to be close to boiling.
It comes from a machine that generates boiling water.

It's not much of a leap for that to be one's presumption.
It's certainly less of a leap than to presume that a drink made just then, with boiling water, is not going to be close to boiling hot.

It's like saying "I turned the kettle on, came back to it and poured it in my lap by mistake and now I'm injured. I didn't think the water would be that hot. I'm going to sue the company who made the kettle."

Blaq Mask

Jun 25, 2019
I would presume that buying one, they are made there and then. It's not like it's sat in a perculator jug for half an hour prior to purchase.
So the water is, quite obviously, going to be close to boiling.
It comes from a machine that generates boiling water.

It's not much of a leap for that to be one's presumption.
It's certainly less of a leap than to presume that a drink made just then, with boiling water, is not going to be close to boiling hot.
You are free to presume whatever you want. That doesn't make you presumption the default, or even correct. And at the end of the day, the lady won her case, and they started putting warnings on their coffee cups, so it seems your position was the losing one.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
You are free to presume whatever you want. That doesn't make you presumption the default, or even correct. And at the end of the day, the lady won her case, and they started putting warnings on their coffee cups, so it seems your position was the losing one.
My presumption would prevent me from getting burned by coffee. I'll take it, thanks!
It's just different people look at things differently. For me it's: Order hot drink = expect hot drink. (y) Order hot drink = expect anything other than hot drink. (n) I'd complain if my tea or coffee was warm.

This is a complaint about a hot drink being hot. It seems common sense was the losing position.
Let's not place too much value in that legal system, either.
It's the laughing stock of the world for it's litigation policies.
This is the same system which found in favour of a person who placed their Winnebago, or similar, on "auto" then went out the back and sat down to make a sandwich, then sued because it drove off the road at the next bend. :oops::ROFLMAO:
Hardly "leading the way", is it now?
My country is slightly following the US, in terms of lots of "where there's blame, there's a claim!" type adverts, but it's not anywhere near as extreme & hopefully never will be.

In trying to protect the people who cannot figure out these things for themselves, who do need protecting, don't get me wrong. But in trying to do so, we remove elements of personal responsibility from all.
When we remove responsibility from people, particularly for their own choices and actions, we inevitably breed irresponsible people.

Last edited:

Bob-of-Rovia

Apr 25, 2018
Let's not place too much value in that legal system, either.
You did not forget that it is so broken that large corporations have to patent everything that they either come up with or want to come up with, just so that they would not be sued by one-day companies. As a vivid example the trials of Sony and Microsoft over gamepads

• Haha
Reactions: whichone

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
You did not forget that it is so broken that large corporations have to patent everything that they either come up with or want to come up with, just so that they would not be sued by one-day companies. As a vivid example the trials of Sony and Microsoft over gamepads
lol yeah, so many examples of the failings of that legal system, it's hardly proof of virtue to claim that it found in favour of something patently ridiculous.
It has a track record of doing so.
There was a case where 2 17 year olds were trespassing on railway property when they got electrocuted & burned by electrical wiring.
They sued Amtrak and another rail firm for $24.2 million & won.
Neither of them should have been there in the first place, on any conceivable legal grounds, yet they won.

Last edited:

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
While it is nice to see activity in this thread we are offtopic.

Although if the standing non-femdom foot rub is off-putting, wait till we rescue Noria and she uses her magic to make our cock twice as big so all 4 girls can use a combination of their feet to make you cum.

Apr 22, 2019

Although if the standing non-femdom foot rub is off-putting, wait till we rescue Noria and she uses her magic to make our cock twice as big so all 4 girls can use a combination of their feet to make you cum.
And at that point we'll see the MC breaking the 4th wall and telling us:

• Haha

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018

Wonder if next ep will see us start putting plans in place to free her? Can't wait!! After the major battle, we should be feeling quite bold.
Wonder if she'll come to live with us in the cabin, too - we'll need anoher room.

Reactions: Havik79

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Yeah in a recent update from the dev he said we would go get her, only makes sense how else will we get to fuck her.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Yes, we need Noreia in the flesh! Making me even more excited for the next episode now! :love:
Um well sorry but not yet, I guess this is what happens when you assume, the next update is like 6.5 and to my knowledge is a smaller update, to take a bit of a breath, and plan, then in 7 it will be when we start to go for her, not sure if we will get her then.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Um well sorry but not yet, I guess this is what happens when you assume, the next update is like 6.5 and to my knowledge is a smaller update, to take a bit of a breath, and plan, then in 7 it will be when we start to go for her, not sure if we will get her then.
I'm cool to wait, just excited for the next ep in general.
I kind of think it needs to be reasonably calm, the last episode was full on, so settling down after the massive climax, rebuilding defences, bit more exploring, get everyone fighting fit and then be ready to go & save her in the following episode.
Be good to see how the story develops while we wait for the rescue.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Well yeah, a lot needs to be done, shit needs to be repaired and the fires put out, assuming a wooden house can serve the fire.

• Haha

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Well yeah, a lot needs to be done, shit needs to be repaired and the fires put out, assuming a wooden house can serve the fire.
Ha ha ha, yeah, I'm here planning to build an extra room for Noreia when we don't even know if the cabin is still standing! :ROFLMAO:

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
LOL, we will soon be fucking 4 women who are all ok with it, and one of them being our blood sister, fire+wood = it be fine, after all, you know the old line.
tenor.gif

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Why thank you, kind sir.
Either way, I am with you on this, a nice breather hopefully, Lily giving us a footjob while at the same time Mia sucks our cock, and Robin uses a cucumber watching everything, that will piss off some snowflakes, then off to find, fight, free, and fuck Noeria.
Yeah, one day I will learn to get her name spelt right, today's episodes was brought to you by the number five-way, and the letters of dyslexic.

• Haha
4.60 star(s) 683 Votes