After that Mia found those Horny glowing flowers. OMG the suspense :p

Last edited:
Reactions: mrttao

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
1636377119647.png

MIST v0.8 released and the first week has passed. I thank you all for your feedback and participation, as usual android was annoying, but apart from that the release was quite smooth.

I also want to welcome and thank all new and existing patrons. As you probably know the development of this game would be pretty much impossible without your support and I am really happy to see so many of you wanting to play my game and enabling me to keep making it. I don't say this to be sobby or the pretend that you are all my best friends like many influencers do, I just wanted to state the fact that I am grateful for your support and I appreciate it very much.

But now, let me tell you what I am doing next.

Usually I'd give you a little overview of what I was able to develop during the past week, but this time I won't be able to do so, as I am in the process of moving. Tomorrow, to be precise, I will move to my new place so I probably will be focused and getting everything set up.

Luckily, as I am moving into a shared apartment, the internet is already running and I won't have to wait for that. All in all it shouldn't take too long until I am able to start working on the next update again.

Once I am able to do so, I'll focus on making version 0.8.1, which will be another content update. It will feature the continuation of the story and new scenes for your viewing pleasure. I am planning to release the update before the end of the year.

That is all from me for now. Stay safe and have a good week!

Shadoink

Apr 14, 2021
I need help catching a fish they keep escaping, escaping, and escaping. Is something wrong? Is there something should I click?
I can't progress the story for this.

Ramagar

Nov 19, 2017
I need help catching a fish they keep escaping, escaping, and escaping. Is something wrong? Is there something should I click?
I can't progress the story for this.
When fishing you will see a bar moving left to right. you will also see the center part highlighted. And you will see an inverted V. Try to get the moving part in the center of the V. The closer to the center, the bigger the fish

Shadoink

Apr 14, 2021
When fishing you will see a bar moving left to right. you will also see the center part highlighted. And you will see an inverted V. Try to get the moving part in the center of the V. The closer to the center, the bigger the fish
thanks brother

Valamyr

Oct 7, 2020
Well this game was fun. The final fights were a good challenge; for once the game certainly didnt hold back, plenty of foes! The current end-point feels rather cliffhanger-y but its obviously not finished so thats to be expected. I'll be back in a future update :)

Only weird thing I noticed is that near the end of the game, at some point in the tunnels, my light attack started doing less damage somehow. Maybe when I got the pistol upgrade. It started taking more light hits to kill things with the same 40dmg axe, but my other attacks were the same as before. Also, I believe the same enemies started dealing a bit more damage, canceling out the benefits of the higher health pool. Not the end of the world, it might have been an intended balance thing to add late game challenge, but I figured I'd point it out.

Mar 14, 2020
Yes, I am already actively planning the next game and have most of the core plot and mechanics down already. Whether I will use Ren'Py or another engine is actually a question that I haven't been able to fully answer yet. Here is a quick rundown of my current thought process.

Ren'py is easy to use and coding is not my strength, that is a big plus for it. Also the comfort features of it like the fast skipping and rollback are a plus for the engine and make it a lot easier to play Visual Novels that are made with Ren'Py instead of Unity or another engine. For those I'd have to code those features myself and as I said, I am not good at that. Another plus for Ren'py is how easy it is to make Android versions and while I myself am playing everything on PC and don't use my phone for gaming, I know that a very big part of the players prefers to play VN's on their phone.

On the other hand If I were to use an engine like Unity I could probably highlight my 3D skills a lot more, with making animated backgrounds and more expressive character sprites, stuff like that. I also want to learn more about "classical" game development, which would speak for a more commonly used 3D engine.

I think I could make a better looking game with Unity, but it would lack comfort features that Ren'Py has and would probably have more bugs than my Ren'py versions. And If I decide to actually go real time, I would have to ditch the android versions. I know that phones are strong enough today to even support good looking realtime 3D games, but I do not think I am able to optimize and code everything well enough to make it run. So it is still undecided and I am looking for a solution. You'll hear the answer when I announce the next game after MIST is done. Which will take quite a while.
And also even if you don't make android version we can still play it in android by using joiplay, btw check out eternum the visuals are so good, you'll be inspired and motivated.

AlexFrehley21

Apr 1, 2018
If you have a save from the reworked version it should be ok
So what about that ''loop bug'' ? She will suck me untill the end of my days? Not bad but....yeah just asking. Im already past the hospital quests. I might start over because i like game's story

4.60 star(s) 688 Votes