Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
No, they should be there. It is the default setting and I never changed it. I just checked and my own saves are there.
Curious, I had a bunch of games I tried out so I deleted them all from there, yet after finishing 4a there is nothing in that spot, and I was able to continue from my previous 3x version when I started version 4.

395games_Rathieu

Developer of Mist and Covenant of Morn.
Game Developer
Nov 17, 2018
Curious, I had a bunch of games I tried out so I deleted them all from there, yet after finishing 4a there is nothing in that spot, and I was able to continue from my previous 3x version when I started version 4.
Interesting, I honestly can't tell you why.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Interesting, I honestly can't tell you why.
Oh well, it is not a huge deal, I was just going to delete all the saves and play it again in a week or so.
It does actually save under mist in roaming right not something else?.

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
Oh well, it is not a huge deal, I was just going to delete all the saves and play it again in a week or so.
It does actually save under mist in roaming right not something else?.
It'll be: %appdata%/RenPy/ProjectMist-[numbers]

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
Not on pc it isn't, appdata only has local, locallow and roaming.
Somewhat confusingly, %appdata% is a shortcut for the roaming directory (%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming).

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\ProjectMist-[numbers]
%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\ProjectMist-[numbers]
%appdata%\RenPy\ProjectMist-[numbers]

Reactions: L30

renegade1178

Dec 24, 2017
Hi all,

since the 4.0a update, I get these exception errors during and at the end of a fight. No matter which kind of attack I use.
I tried with a save game from 4.0 and a new start with 4.0a. Both games throw these exceptions. I didn't have them in the 4.0 version of the game.

Does anybody have these exceptions too ?

Python:
Linux-5.6.17-050617-generic-x86_64-with-debian-buster-sid (Ubuntu 18.04)
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
-------------------------------------------------------

During fights:

While running game code:
Exception: Trying to add something to non-existent layer 'texture2'.

Full traceback:
  File "dungeons.rpyc", line 849, in script call
  File "combat.rpyc", line 57, in script
  File "/home/pmueller/.Spiele/RenPy/MIST/MIST04a/renpy/ast.py", line 1350, in execute
    renpy.config.hide(tag or name, layer)
  File "/home/pmueller/.Spiele/RenPy/MIST/MIST04a/renpy/exports.py", line 746, in hide
    sls.remove(layer, key)
  File "/home/pmueller/.Spiele/RenPy/MIST/MIST04a/renpy/display/core.py", line 1178, in remove
    raise Exception("Trying to remove something from non-existent layer '%s'." % layer)
Exception: Trying to remove something from non-existent layer 'texture2'.

While running game code:
Exception: Trying to remove something from non-existent layer 'texture2'.

Full traceback:
  File "combat.rpyc", line 63, in script
  File "/home/pmueller/.Spiele/RenPy/MIST/MIST04a/renpy/ast.py", line 1183, in execute
    show_imspec(self.imspec, atl=getattr(self, "atl", None))
  File "/home/pmueller/.Spiele/RenPy/MIST/MIST04a/renpy/ast.py", line 1153, in show_imspec
    atl=atl)
  File "/home/pmueller/.Spiele/RenPy/MIST/MIST04a/renpy/exports.py", line 717, in show
    sls.add(layer, img, key, zorder, behind, at_list=at_list, name=name, atl=atl, default_transform=default_transform, transient=transient)
  File "/home/pmueller/.Spiele/RenPy/MIST/MIST04a/renpy/display/core.py", line 1029, in add
    raise Exception("Trying to add something to non-existent layer '%s'." % layer)
Exception: Trying to add something to non-existent layer 'texture2'.

-------------------------
At the end of a fight:
-------------------------

While running game code:
Exception: Trying to remove something from non-existent layer 'texture1'.

Full traceback:
  File "combat.rpyc", line 122, in script call
  File "combat.rpyc", line 134, in script
  File "/home/pmueller/.Spiele/RenPy/MIST/MIST04a/renpy/ast.py", line 1350, in execute
    renpy.config.hide(tag or name, layer)
  File "/home/pmueller/.Spiele/RenPy/MIST/MIST04a/renpy/exports.py", line 746, in hide
    sls.remove(layer, key)
  File "/home/pmueller/.Spiele/RenPy/MIST/MIST04a/renpy/display/core.py", line 1178, in remove
    raise Exception("Trying to remove something from non-existent layer '%s'." % layer)
Exception: Trying to remove something from non-existent layer 'texture1'.

Malkav

May 28, 2017
I had alot of fun with this game, and the unique art style is a great plus.

The gameplay loop is enjoyable. During my time playing I was thinking I should remember to come here and critique that fact that you needed some sort of reward for fighting monsters which took up your stamina, but I was pleasantly surprised to see it got added as the game went on.

The game had alot of content when I played it, so that might be why I thought it was worth the time. I can imagine following this in smaller updates could get tedious.

It is one of those games where you enjoy the grind and story, so kinda forget to fap

Speppo82

Jun 21, 2020
If i remember there's not incest in this game, because her sister isnt blood related

Terut

Nov 16, 2017
I do wonder if something can be done about the experience system, though. You get it only from fighting monsters, but if you choose to put those points into stealth, that decreases the monsters you encounter. It makes you want to *not* invest in stealth as much, to level up the other things, kinda defeating the purpose.

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
i don't have enough stamina to reach the fishing point, what to do?
Go in the garden of your house and train you stamina twice a day until you reach the limit of the stamina you can have

4.60 star(s) 694 Votes