RPGM Mistress vs Slave [v3.0] [Noxurtica]

3.80 star(s) 12 Votes

RagueltheUFO

Jan 19, 2020
I just finished the new update. It feels so short though. A few bugs I still caught.

1. If you choose to calm the riot down yourself, the name you insert to your elf will revert back to the default name. I assume this is the same with the other option. It goes right back to the name you picked afterward.

2. While the bug in the previous patch is fixed with training the slave, the points do go up when you work even if its a repeat. I want to suggest that in this scenario that you should allow the scene to be skipped if you view it multiple times without any changes. Like at the moment, the elf princess is inexperienced with cleaning, but if she got better as time went on, I would see a different scene.

3. While the game ends with the annoying trial button, I think it's odd that the first option allows you to go to the next scene before telling you that you can't and sending a message to the cute princess just ends the game right there.

And a small gripe I have with the current story update. I enjoy the introduction to an ally kingdom with their own problems. The potential pros and cons are there, but again, the issue I have is the summer party once again being antagonistic. It's so obvious that the summer party is for your cousin and against you. IDK if the dialogue changes if they favor you, but I don't think it would. I just think about how this conversation should happen with the party that doesn't support you instead of pushing the summer party as the one for the marriage.

Like personally for me, I see the cute prince as a potential political ally since he seems super naïve. Him and his sister seem too kind for the political world which can be used to your advantage. I am for the idea of courting him because of all the benefits that would come from it, but the summer party taints the idea simply because they make it clear that they want to kick the princess out and put the cousin on the throne. Like I think "Why not control both areas?" But that's unrealistic in this situation.

Finally, I have a small suggestion. When our character is thinking about her former childhood friends, I think a flashback would do better here than text explaining what is going on. While the war and major events that happen can be put in simple text, I think showing the relationship between the kingdom's can decide on how we as players should proceed with this relationship.

Noxurtica

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2019
I just finished the new update. It feels so short though. A few bugs I still caught.

1. If you choose to calm the riot down yourself, the name you insert to your elf will revert back to the default name. I assume this is the same with the other option. It goes right back to the name you picked afterward.

2. While the bug in the previous patch is fixed with training the slave, the points do go up when you work even if its a repeat. I want to suggest that in this scenario that you should allow the scene to be skipped if you view it multiple times without any changes. Like at the moment, the elf princess is inexperienced with cleaning, but if she got better as time went on, I would see a different scene.

3. While the game ends with the annoying trial button, I think it's odd that the first option allows you to go to the next scene before telling you that you can't and sending a message to the cute princess just ends the game right there.

And a small gripe I have with the current story update. I enjoy the introduction to an ally kingdom with their own problems. The potential pros and cons are there, but again, the issue I have is the summer party once again being antagonistic. It's so obvious that the summer party is for your cousin and against you. IDK if the dialogue changes if they favor you, but I don't think it would. I just think about how this conversation should happen with the party that doesn't support you instead of pushing the summer party as the one for the marriage.

Like personally for me, I see the cute prince as a potential political ally since he seems super naïve. Him and his sister seem too kind for the political world which can be used to your advantage. I am for the idea of courting him because of all the benefits that would come from it, but the summer party taints the idea simply because they make it clear that they want to kick the princess out and put the cousin on the throne. Like I think "Why not control both areas?" But that's unrealistic in this situation.

Finally, I have a small suggestion. When our character is thinking about her former childhood friends, I think a flashback would do better here than text explaining what is going on. While the war and major events that happen can be put in simple text, I think showing the relationship between the kingdom's can decide on how we as players should proceed with this relationship.
We want to have bigger updates, but getting the art takes a while, so this is the best we can do for this update.

Thank you for the feedback. We will get to fixing bugs 1-3 asap!

As for the story, I hear you, and I will talk to the writer about this. We did talk about this issue before, where the winter party seems like the obvious choice to help, but there are some layers and twists planned that I can't get into without spoilers.

We would like to do something like a flashback, too. It's not a priority at the moment, because we would either need sprite arts for them as children or pixel character arts for them as children, but it's a good suggestion that we will follow up with eventually.

Reactions: RagueltheUFO

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Ok I got to the very first choice of winter and summer.. At that point I realize this game is not at a playable stage even for alpha for 2 major reason! First of all I can't remember who the hell is Dukes party? Why stupid names like Summer and Winter party? Next if you have to keep the damn balance why the hell is there not a party status showing as a meter at all times?

First choice and I had to give this a rating of not even playable as it is lacking features of a game where you need to keep balance is missing. For now I deleted it maybe next version you will put critical functionality into the game but right now it's not even playable.

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
Why stupid names like Summer and Winter party?
Real ones have gone by names like and FYI. Or would you perhaps prefer ?

Reactions: ThisIsMe88

Noxurtica

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2019
Ok I got to the very first choice of winter and summer.. At that point I realize this game is not at a playable stage even for alpha for 2 major reason! First of all I can't remember who the hell is Dukes party? Why stupid names like Summer and Winter party? Next if you have to keep the damn balance why the hell is there not a party status showing as a meter at all times?

First choice and I had to give this a rating of not even playable as it is lacking features of a game where you need to keep balance is missing. For now I deleted it maybe next version you will put critical functionality into the game but right now it's not even playable.
Instead of a meter, we opted for numbers, since you can go into the negatives in favorability. Keeping a balance is important in the sense that you may need to call in certain favors from certain parties and they may refuse you if your relationship with them is too low. The names of the parties have a reason, but that will be explained later on in the game. We tried to avoid giving too much exposition at once in the intro.

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Either way there was no way I could make a decision when I can't see what the numbers are.. so if it's going to remain that way so that you can't see it and make intelligent decisions than this game is not for me. I hate being blind to the numbers when the game requires balance.

Noxurtica

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2019
Either way there was no way I could make a decision when I can't see what the numbers are.. so if it's going to remain that way so that you can't see it and make intelligent decisions than this game is not for me. I hate being blind to the numbers when the game requires balance.
Hm... The numbers should be visible after the tutorial is over. The first choices aren't critical decisions, they're just introducing the game mechanics. I'd recommend you playing out the first few choices, but I understand if it's not up to your standards.

Slayerz

Aug 2, 2017
There's an option to skip it, and we may change the intro later on, but for now our priority is in adding more content. It might be correct though to look at it more as a visual novel than a game.
I tend to never skip prologues just to have an idea of what's going on and learning the back story before the action, but I've never seen one that long and that I couldn't hold Ctrl to skip. I'd also agree that it seems more like visual novels, which is perfect for that targeted audience.

I'd say to keep developing what you planned, I just had the wrong idea from reading the cover and thought it would be more of a slave trainer type of game.

Noxurtica

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2019
I tend to never skip prologues just to have an idea of what's going on and learning the back story before the action, but I've never seen one that long and that I couldn't hold Ctrl to skip. I'd also agree that it seems more like visual novels, which is perfect for that targeted audience.

I'd say to keep developing what you planned, I just had the wrong idea from reading the cover and thought it would be more of a slave trainer type of game.
There is slave training which is integral to the plot. You'll need to manage the slave's health and sanity while raising her submission similar to other slave trainer types.

ChippyP

Aug 24, 2016
For however much you value the opinion of an internet rando, I think you'd be better served focusing on putting out bigger, more robust updates that make use of placeholder assets, than to push out tiny updates that add basically nothing, but don't use placeholders. You can always swap out incomplete assets later, but right now your game is lacking in, well, game. This is less than I've seen in a lot of first releases, and it seems like there are still mechanics to be introduced involving foreign relations judging by the neighboring prince and princess.

Something I'd like to see is more immediate agency with Puella's personality, and scene variations to match. I like Puella as the sadistic sociopath she currently is, but having more control over how she treats other people, particularly Elfina, would be nice. Things like making her nicer, more loving, meaner, more spiteful, etc. This would be more of a project for the writing and coding side than for the art side, it adds replayability, and helps flesh out the updates some.

Noxurtica

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2019
crazy thought for a path, in exchange for submissive/loyal behavior in public agree to allow the elf princess to control things in private?:p
Will consider it. Lots of options we are considering, but we will definitely have some role reversal in the future.

For however much you value the opinion of an internet rando, I think you'd be better served focusing on putting out bigger, more robust updates that make use of placeholder assets, than to push out tiny updates that add basically nothing, but don't use placeholders. You can always swap out incomplete assets later, but right now your game is lacking in, well, game. This is less than I've seen in a lot of first releases, and it seems like there are still mechanics to be introduced involving foreign relations judging by the neighboring prince and princess.

Something I'd like to see is more immediate agency with Puella's personality, and scene variations to match. I like Puella as the sadistic sociopath she currently is, but having more control over how she treats other people, particularly Elfina, would be nice. Things like making her nicer, more loving, meaner, more spiteful, etc. This would be more of a project for the writing and coding side than for the art side, it adds replayability, and helps flesh out the updates some.
Thanks for the feedback.

The training system will be getting more additions soon. We do plan on adding diverting outcomes as well for replayability. Lots of work ahead, but we'll get it done.

Reactions: ThisIsMe88

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
crazy thought for a path, in exchange for submissive/loyal behavior in public agree to allow the elf princess to control things in private?:p
I mean TBH that's about the only way a reversal scenario could plausibly work without summarily and utterly demolishing the Princess's image, credibility and position...

WirelessW

Mar 10, 2019
I chose "skip intro" and yet for some reason the game opens with me and my cousin talking about politics.

That was not skipping the intro. That was at best skipping part of the intro.

Reactions: ShamanLab

Ninjaman2

Dec 4, 2018
I mean TBH that's about the only way a reversal scenario could plausibly work without summarily and utterly demolishing the Princess's image, credibility and position...
Not necessarily. If the Princess became enamored with lust for her slave she could start obeying her slave in private times and still keep a public face.

3.80 star(s) 12 Votes