Ren'Py Abandoned Molest Hunter [v0.1.2 Public] [Lust Madness]

2.80 star(s) 5 Votes

Drunktard69

Jan 12, 2021
And yet you fail to see that so many NSFW games are being created nowadays is because solely thanks to Patreon.

I just said "there are other options." And those options stay mediocre or are not recommended, because nobody (or at least not a sufficient number) is using it.
Um. That's what I was saying. Devs would use a platform that wouldn't censor them, but there's no platform like Patreon that would offer such success and financial freedom. Most are willing to compromise as long as they can make their dream game.
Cutting out minor content/changing some wording to appease Patreon TOS allowing themselves to live their dream is a small price to pay.

Though I'd say that going indiegogo/kickstarter/steam route is kind of viable. It's a risk and would require more than just Daz3d VN games for success and most likely you'll only see simple games like .dl games as continuous development is not a viable option relying on those platforms. You also would need to find publishers and localize your game for other regions to maximize your profits (and that would require at least a semi-complete game). Usually, even big names describe "Steam" more like an addition to Patreon support rather than a viable option to rely upon in the long term as money runs dry after half a year or so after release.
That's why some more established game devs use Patreon as their main income and Steam as an additional source.
Itch.io/.dl and other third-rate vendors do not offer good numbers. 200k downloads == 500$ profit is no good. Since we can see .dl official numbers and how even the best games are performing over there, combined that would be like ~4k yearly max for an average dev (I really doubt average devs can compete with Kagura best selling games plus vendor/publisher/taxes -50-60% profit at least and this is high quality full game), but that's just my estimation.
Kickstarters are not often used, but I've seen a couple of games succeeding their humble goals.

So back to compromises. Even going the alternatives route, you still have to make sacrifices and compromises.
For most, less financial success means they have to cut short on their goals/plans (can hire less quality programmer, artist, writer, assets, pc, voice actors, reducing story branching, gameplay elements etc. etc.), so maybe changing some content and wording to fit Patreon is more appealing than using alternatives and still being shackled by others creativity issues.

Anyways, let just say I don't think you know much about this scene and I think you're wrong with your statements.
That's all I wanted to say and I see no further need to talk about this on this thread.

Last edited:

KingRocket

Jan 18, 2020
Wait, wasn't this just abandoned recently?
Is this the same as the other game by the dev?

DragonFire

Jul 30, 2017
Wait, wasn't this just abandoned recently?
Is this the same as the other game by the dev?
It was stopped by Patreon due to the "rape" factor, so he changed a few things, made a different intro to explain his game in Patreon legal views, changed the name slightly (was called Molest Hunter earlier, now it's Lust Hunter.. title hasn't been changed in the OP here though) and re-uploaded his project.

A lot is the same though, but some functions are new..

KingRocket

Jan 18, 2020
It was stopped by Patreon due to the "rape" factor, so he changed a few things, made a different intro to explain his game in Patreon legal views, changed the name slightly (was called Molest Hunter earlier, now it's Lust Hunter.. title hasn't been changed in the OP here though) and re-uploaded his project.

A lot is the same though, but some functions are new..
So what is different between this thread and the new one? Since I assume this isn't redundant. (Beside the intro part as you said).

caxhub

Engaged Member
Aug 22, 2019
Download Android 0.1.2 Public

Bassrodimo

Mar 22, 2021
Tried to go into cave and game crashed loosing all progress (going back is not possible and saves are available only in home) :HideThePain:

Reactions: timiko

J1215

Dec 15, 2019
It would be great if the dominant skills (Female) could be unlocked! (There is no way to unlock it)

Last edited:

caxhub

Engaged Member
Aug 22, 2019
Download android v0.1.2Public APK

Cunt

Supreme Asshole
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Feb 7, 2019
Original Size Win/Linux: 660mb

Compressed Size Win/Linux:

Original Size Mac: 660mb

Compressed Size Mac:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Joeburqa

Aug 4, 2019
yeah, so I am still confused. since there is already a thread for the changed version of the game, lust hunter, and the links in game are labeled as lust hunter, and the changelog for the 1.2 version posted here is the same as the one in the lust hunter thread, am I right in assuming that the same game was posted to both threads, and there is no actual update to this game, molest hunter?

rafa30

Engaged Member
Aug 2, 2017
Why are the game links Lust Hunter v0.12?
isn't that topic about molested hunter?
I'm confused
molested hunter would not have been abandoned?

Lust Madness

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2020
Molest Hunter game is official abondoned. There were some problems with the patreon due to the content. Therefore, I cut out the forbidden content and released a new game - Lust Hunter.

Reactions: Kraz4life

Devil Hunter

Jan 1, 2019
Can anyone help? For some reason the game audio isn't working (It's as if I muted it even though I didn't btw) I tried messing with the audio settings in "preferences" but nothing seems to work. Any help would be appreciated!

neithernor

Sep 2, 2018
Can anyone help? For some reason the game audio isn't working (It's as if I muted it even though I didn't btw) I tried messing with the audio settings in "preferences" but nothing seems to work. Any help would be appreciated!
why are you playing this version?
there is a new one called lust hunter.

2.80 star(s) 5 Votes