motoxer

Jul 25, 2017
Same here. If there are more people like us, please leave a comment to make the developer know about it.
You have to re-download from the updated public link on patreon for the hotfix.
The working game version (folder) is "2020.08.15_v0.1.1.1_MonolithBay"

There are not any h-scenes after that point anyways. That "day" is full of boring chores and then the game is basically over when you finish them all.

Reactions: Ullubu and Mr.Clock

ShockAdvized

Nov 16, 2018
Whenever I finish the homework quiz nothing happens, just shows the character sitting at the desk. cannot do anything. when i reload the save. still does it.

Team Monolith

Creator of Monolith Bay and Home Together
Game Developer
May 20, 2017
Whenever I finish the homework quiz nothing happens, just shows the character sitting at the desk. cannot do anything. when i reload the save. still does it.
We had reports of this happening when pressing ESC or clicking into empty space at the quiz and are currently trying to fix that, sorry about that. But if you press the end button first thing you do after it opens up you should be good.

kazacku

Jul 27, 2017
I generally like the aesthetic, but I think the lighting is carrying most of that. The MC looks like a gross greasy highschooler, though, but not so bad it's an obvious parody, so I don't know where you're going with the design.

Team Monolith

Game Developer
May 20, 2017
I generally like the aesthetic, but I think the lighting is carrying most of that. The MC looks like a gross greasy highschooler, though, but not so bad it's an obvious parody, so I don't know where you're going with the design.
Happy you like the lighting! And yes we know our models are the bare minimum for now. We developed everything you see so far just as two guys and none of us is a pro at modeling so we just did the best we could. But if/when support allows us adding a professional 3D character designer to the team is one of the first things we plan to do :)

Last edited:
Reactions: kazacku
Feb 22, 2018
Happy you like the lighting! And yes we know our models are the bare minimum for now. We developed everything you see so far just as two guys and none of us is a pro at modeling so we just did the best we could. But if/when support allows us adding a professional 3D character designer to the team is one of the first things we plan to do :)
Well, don't change Vi too much, please.

Mar 26, 2020
To the developer, it would be great if you added in something to lock the cursor inside of the window when the game is running (i.e. unlock it when paused, lock it again when unpaused). It's really frustrating turning the camera around, only to have my mouse clicking on things on my other monitor. I don't know about unreal, but in unity it's as simple as an if statement or a boolean with something like cursor.lockstate if it evaluates as true.

Team Monolith

Game Developer
May 20, 2017
To the developer, it would be great if you added in something to lock the cursor inside of the window when the game is running (i.e. unlock it when paused, lock it again when unpaused). It's really frustrating turning the camera around, only to have my mouse clicking on things on my other monitor. I don't know about unreal, but in unity it's as simple as an if statement or a boolean with something like cursor.lockstate if it evaluates as true.
Thanks for pointing that out never happened to me but I will look into it :)

Edit: Could you please tell me how to reproduce this? When outside from menus I can't leave the screen even though I have two displays.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2020
Thanks for pointing that out never happened to me but I will look into it :)

Edit: Could you please tell me how to reproduce this? When outside from menus I can't leave the screen even though I have two displays.
Hmm. Strange. As I move my camera to the right (the game is on my left monitor) my mouse will eventually leave the game. Maybe I alt-tabbed at some point. Next save-point I get to, I'll restart and see if I still have the issue.

Mar 26, 2020
Also, I just tried to jump down from the church, got the snarky "it's not like I'll ragdoll and respawn" remark, and now the characters face is stuck in wink mode with the tongue out. Will update if another dialogue with someone fixes it.

Edit: Triggered the Pamela dialogue. This fixed my winky-tongue out face. Pamela's invisible, though. I can see her portrait, but not her character.
Edit 2: Restarting the app did not solve the mouse-leaving-the-window issue. Additionally, windowed, borderless, and fullscreen all allow the mouse to leave the window.

Last edited:

Team Monolith

Game Developer
May 20, 2017
Team Monolith
It would be nice if u can a skip button like in RenPy

for the meantime Cheatengine's Speedhack works perfectly

Just to make sure are you on the newest version and holding space is still not fast enough? Because I thought it would be fast enough but I can increase it even more if needed. :)

Edit: And if you did not know about holding space what would be more intuitive?

3.30 star(s) 48 Votes