refferee

Jul 11, 2020
I'm holding myself back from replaying it until the big DLC drops. Game really is one of the greatest. I fully trust the developers to improve on it.

Hopefully we get to see a mechanic that allows for an alternative instead of killing off your girl. It's a personal gripe that I'd rather see them improved, and to unlock other things without having to kill them. They're your precious resource after all. Also, goblin girls would be welcome.
I mean, sure the dismantling would be... well... Selling them would generally be better.

It does have the picture of accidental 'over dismantling' with a cleaver so it does feel like a waste... but there's also the dilemma of how to get the veneral disease DNA you need to craft... Or maybe a sort of 'extraction plant' or maybe room that gives you resources related to what you put in there in intervals.

The fantasies are always flowing, just like that tentacle room in the DLC.

Reactions: Reluser and Qwenlog
Apr 26, 2020
Or maybe a sort of 'extraction plant' or maybe room that gives you resources related to what you put in there in intervals.
Exactly what I'm thinking, just have rooms (or room upgrades) for these kind of things. It should be more expensive, but what is the use for all that gold if you don't get to spend it to make a better place?

Reactions: Qwenlog

erixstyle79

Aug 30, 2021
Since we are on the topic about the DLC.
What do you guy's think about the concept of Darkest dungeon motif?

View attachment 2238790

I think I'd prefer having a party of monsters, sending the monsters out makes more sense considering how slippery an unbroken bitch is in this game when put in an above ground facility, and I'm not sure how good a broken one could even be in a fight. Maybe a mix of both, like if you don't have enough monsters the girls will run away or something. I dunno, seems cool tho.

Spitefire46

Oct 24, 2021
Since we are on the topic about the DLC.
What do you guy's think about the concept of Darkest dungeon motif?

View attachment 2238790

There has already been a total conversion of the first game. You can find the mods on Nexus Mods.

EDIT: I went and found it now that it isn't dead of night for me.

Lots of recommended mods though.

Last edited:

dusty stu

Jan 24, 2018
There has already been a total conversion of the first game. You can find the mods on Nexus Mods.

That looks awesome.
I might have to pass, though, I've avoided DD because of the percieved difficulty. Is the mod make the game easier? Or is there an 'easy' difficulty level?

kidoman

Aug 23, 2019

Holy shit, thank you so much for bringing this to light! I suddenly feel the need to try Darkest Dungeon again...

that being said, I'd be 100% down for a visual overhaul to make the characters more cute instead of gritty/grim. Still gonna play the shit out of this, though.

Reactions: Spitefire46

DudeBro79

Jun 8, 2020
Holy shit, thank you so much for bringing this to light! I suddenly feel the need to try Darkest Dungeon again...

that being said, I'd be 100% down for a visual overhaul to make the characters more cute instead of gritty/grim. Still gonna play the shit out of this, though.
I would be seriously impressed if they somehow replaced the narrator with an equally great performance, but you know, lewd.

Spitefire46

Oct 24, 2021
That looks awesome.
I might have to pass, though, I've avoided DD because of the percieved difficulty. Is the mod make the game easier? Or is there an 'easy' difficulty level?
There is the standard 3 difficulty levels, and the rest depends on how you play.

I am the cautious type, so I practically level all my heroes to max on level 1 quests.

Best part of the overhaul though, is that is has compatibility with mod classes, so you can download some slightly less balanced ones and play those too. Overall, I don't think it's that bad if you pick the easy difficulty and play more slowly.

Reactions: dusty stu

dusty stu

Jan 24, 2018
There is the standard 3 difficulty levels, and the rest depends on how you play.

I am the cautious type, so I practically level all my heroes to max on level 1 quests.

Best part of the overhaul though, is that is has compatibility with mod classes, so you can download some slightly less balanced ones and play those too. Overall, I don't think it's that bad if you pick the easy difficulty and play more slowly.
iirc isn't there some kind of escalating difficulty to prevent excesisve grinding in the vanilla game?

DillyDubzee

Aug 5, 2019
I think I'd prefer having a party of monsters, sending the monsters out makes more sense considering how slippery an unbroken bitch is in this game when put in an above ground facility, and I'm not sure how good a broken one could even be in a fight. Maybe a mix of both, like if you don't have enough monsters the girls will run away or something. I dunno, seems cool tho.
Definitely agree that playing as the monsters is the way to go, otherwise it just encourages you to lose intentionally to see the H which just seems like counter intuitive game design to me and a lot of H games with rape do have that problem. Plus for games with non-con content as the appeal, I feel like playing as the aggressor is more appealing but that's more objective.

pewpewsmurf

May 9, 2018
That looks awesome.
nope, that mod made the game even harder lmao. I remember playing DD blind with that mod and gave up after the first zone lol

• Sad
Reactions: dusty stu
Aug 21, 2018
This is now a darkest dungeon thread lmao
Well, I can see why. Applepie, the developer of this game did say in their ci-en that they are working on their next big game, entitled "ProjectRPG", using the existing art, animations and assets while adding things they couldn’t do in MBM... It looks promsing since they will use an RPG system with things like Job System, Growth System (From Girl to woman) and Battle System (As you saw in the concept art posted above). It seems it's still early in developement but they did say they at least have the assets as the reason MBM took a long time is the design and animation variation.

Spitefire46

Oct 24, 2021
Definitely agree that playing as the monsters is the way to go, otherwise it just encourages you to lose intentionally to see the H which just seems like counter intuitive game design to me and a lot of H games with rape do have that problem. Plus for games with non-con content as the appeal, I feel like playing as the aggressor is more appealing but that's more objective.
This is why the best games with female protagonists include H content in the combat. Battle-Fuck, dynamic status effects that do more than just paralysis or poison, statistic tracking, and so on. It doesn't need to be stuck in just lose=scene. In fact, it seems like the trend for fans of Female Protagonist games is that they are moving past static lose=scene games. Seen as lazy these days, unless the writing is done exceptionally well.

Krongorka

Sep 22, 2017
Well, I can see why. Applepie, the developer of this game did say in their ci-en that they are working on their next big game, entitled "ProjectRPG", using the existing art, animations and assets while adding things they couldn’t do in MBM... It looks promsing since they will use an RPG system with things like Job System, Growth System (From Girl to woman) and Battle System (As you saw in the concept art posted above). It seems it's still early in developement but they did say they at least have the assets as the reason MBM took a long time is the design and animation variation.
Agree on that. If this developer managed to do this game accessible and mostly enjoyable/polished than the 'original' Black Market (if you know that game I'm sure you realize MBM have a lot similarities but a lot nicer), I think I'll be interested to see a different game from them as well.

Reactions: Spitefire46
4.40 star(s) 102 Votes