Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Yeah, now you have to pick certain dialogue choices in order to maintain some narrative consistency. In two previous posts, I suggested some things to help salvage the monogamous paths and give some narrative consistency to the harem path. Hope they help you. :)
Won't help me. I haven't played in a long while. Just been watching this thread in hopes the dev can get his shit together and return the game back to what it was at the start.

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
Won't help me. I haven't played in a long while. Just been watching this thread in hopes the dev can get his shit together and return the game back to what it was at the start.
Does not look promising ...

Plus now that the proofreader apparently is either on extended vacation or bailed on the game I'd expect the quality to drop further.

• Sad
Reactions: Dark Silence

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Does not look promising ...

Plus now that the proofreader apparently is either on extended vacation or bailed on the game I'd expect the quality to drop further.
So, what you're sayin is this has turned into an Engrish free-4-all harem that makes no sense. I guess it's probably time for me to bail on the thread itself.

Reactions: Joshy92

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
So, what you're sayin is this has turned into an Engrish free-4-all harem that makes no sense. I guess it's probably time for me to bail on the thread itself.
Not quite an engrish free-4-all.
The english isn't bad per se and the dev is italian, not russian (the reason why it is called "Engrish". Especially if MTL is involved)
Plus the harem "hasn't taken off yet" and it "only" was announced with the prospecting female participants "needing to think about it".
I mean the dev could still fix the game somewhat by practically denouncing the majority of the last two updates.

Kind of "MC got a serious blow to the head while practicing with Ben. He is in a coma for a while now." type pf thing i.e. the player imagined things.
Not a good solution by any stretch of the imagination but a "step in the right direction".

ESKgamer

Dec 17, 2018
Grammar in the update is way off. MC calling Dragomira he, him, and his. Instead of saying you or your, he says her or she.
This issue breaks so many games for me. It's usually from Spanish Devs who don't know what a male and female pronoun is. Saying in a story that "His hand is terribly close to my cock" is an instant turn off. Please, please, please use natural English-speaking proofreaders before releasing the games. He/Him/His for men and She/Her/Hers for women.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
(the reason why it is called "Engrish". Especially if MTL is involved)
Engrish is a reference to heavily Asian accented English, because of the stereotype of various Asian language speakers doing an L to R swap, and has since segued to just bad English. I have never in my life seen Engrish used as a reference to a Russian English pidgin situation.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
This issue breaks so many games for me. It's usually from Spanish Devs who don't know what a male and female pronoun is. Saying in a story that "His hand is terribly close to my cock" is an instant turn off. Please, please, please use natural English-speaking proofreaders before releasing the games. He/Him/His for men and She/Her/Hers for women.
The phrase that you have used as an example would be translated as "su mano está terriblemente cerca de mi polla", which can be used either to refer to "he", "she" or, as a formal expression (or the speaker is Argentine) "you". In reality, it will be the context that tells you which of all the meanings is applicable. And it also explains why Spanish speakers who don't know English have so many problems with the translate of this kind sentences.

Jack Townsend

Sep 4, 2020
I was playing the game again and noticed that even earlier in the story Dragomira is occasionally referred to as "he" and "him." Seems that even when the developer had a translator, he still had some translation problems. I even found some parts that weren't translated at all, but were still in Italian. If this sort of problem persists, we may need a mod to get a better translation.

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
Engrish is a reference to heavily Asian accented English, because of the stereotype of various Asian language speakers doing an L to R swap, and has since segued to just bad English. I have never in my life seen Engrish used as a reference to a Russian English pidgin situation.
"Engrish" is used in the majority of QSP games for example.
In quite a number of RenPy and Unity games as well.
95% of the games with that problem are by russian developers, originally in russian and have at times horrible MTL translations.
"Japanglish" is both far easier to spot (since it is even worse) and not really prominent in games.

It may have originally started as a south east asian development but as with some other things the russians took over merely by "being better at being bad".

And btw. contrary to popular believe russia is located majorly in asia ...

ImSenjou

Apr 15, 2019
I did a new full harem gameplay, and it was actually great, Grace and now Dragomira are the only LI that attract me, but I had no problem putting up with the other girls in this "harem", it must be pure comedy.

It was better than when I tried my best to avoid these girls and focus on just one.
I remembered Jim Carrey's movie "Yes Man", I was happier simply saying "yes" to everyone, less stressful.

Edit, Lily is an exception, I avoided her as much as I could.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
"Engrish" is used in the majority of QSP games for example.
In quite a number of RenPy and Unity games as well.
95% of the games with that problem are by russian developers, originally in russian and have at times horrible MTL translations.
"Japanglish" is both far easier to spot (since it is even worse) and not really prominent in games.

It may have originally started as a south east asian development but as with some other things the russians took over merely by "being better at being bad".

And btw. contrary to popular believe russia is located majorly in asia ...
You might notice I said the term has become used for any and all bad English. I am aware of what continents Russia falls on.

Sr. Thomas

Jun 24, 2022
View attachment 2708238

Overview:
Monster College is an adult visual novel based on multiple choices.
The protagonist of this story discovers that he is a werewolf.
Despite already attending a good university, he feels compelled to change it to enrol at Silverleaf University.
In his new life, he will meet beautiful women, each with their own fascinating peculiarities: demons, vampires, zombies, werewolves, gorgons...​

Thread Updated: 2023-12-27
Release Date: 2023-12-18
Developer: Monster Eye Games - - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.7.4
Language: English, Italian, French, Russian
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:
DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN -
Mac
(v0.7.3.2): - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN

Extras:
Walkthrough Mod*

View attachment 2708279 View attachment 2708281 View attachment 2708280 View attachment 2708282 View attachment 2708283 View attachment 2708284 View attachment 2708285 View attachment 2708286 View attachment 2708323
I really hope there is a submissive Dragomira route, that the protagonist is the dominant one.

Last edited:

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
I really hope there is a submissive Dragomina route, that the protagonist is the dominant one.
If you follow Dragomira and "let her have her way" at one point the MC can decide to
#1 Let him be dominated
#2 Use strength (if learned before) to break free
#3 Unleash the beast and in turn dominate her

(At the time at least) she is not openly submissive but judging from the relationship gain after she liked that.

But .. MC is a dog .. oversized mutt .. do you walk on a leash beside your dog, gamer?
Some people apparently like to do just that, yes.

4.50 star(s) 75 Votes