Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
I think the MC would have a good chance of beating Dragomira in a fight. Dermilla, who is almost just as strong and experienced as Dragomira, was brought down by the MC's strength and determination.
Same thing there.
She apparently did not put up a fight because she wanted it.
If she wasn't in the mood for the beast for whatever reason she would have ripped MC's head clean off and there would be no chance in hell or other warm places he could have prevented that.

Keep in mind we are talking about a somewhat regular werewolf that discovered his powers a few weeks ago in the one and a vampire with the experience of multiple centuries in the other side of the ring.

That he was shown dominating two powerful vampires that could have ripped him in half without breaking a sweat is a source for false hope par excellence.

And btw. Dermilla is not as strong as Dragomira.
If that were the case she would rule the house as the count is not stronger than Dragomira ...
She is more powerful than her daughter, but that's a given since she has a few centuries of "life" experience on her.

Jack Townsend

Sep 4, 2020
Same thing there.
She apparently did not put up a fight because she wanted it.
If she wasn't in the mood for the beast for whatever reason she would have ripped MC's head clean off and there would be no chance in hell or other warm places he could have prevented that.

Keep in mind we are talking about a somewhat regular werewolf that discovered his powers a few weeks ago in the one and a vampire with the experience of multiple centuries in the other side of the ring.

That he was shown dominating two powerful vampires that could have ripped him in half without breaking a sweat is a source for false hope par excellence.

And btw. Dermilla is not as strong as Dragomira.
If that were the case she would rule the house as the count is not stronger than Dragomira ...
She is more powerful than her daughter, but that's a given since she has a few centuries of "life" experience on her.
Right before she invites the half beast MC to have sex with her, she threatens to call her husband to get the MC off of her. The MC threatens to choke her to death if she does. If she were strong enough to take him on her own, why would she feel the need to call for help from her husband?

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
Right before she invites the half beast MC to have sex with her, she threatens to call her husband to get the MC off of her. The MC threatens to choke her to death if she does. If she were strong enough to take him on her own, why would she feel the need to call for help from her husband?
Two reasons:

#1 She knows how terrifying the counts reputation is amongst werewolves, to give you a perspective it is to torture the wolf until he begs for death ...
#2 To basically incite MC so he "fucks her like he hates her" i.e. is willing to go hard

As said, she is not powerless but far less powerful than dragomira.
If one of those women were serious about not wanting MC he'd just straight die.

If we would be talking about a werewolf that has lived several years, is sufficiently trained and able to transform into a great wolf it would be a different matter.
But the MC is not even close to be able to beat his werewolf teacher, let alone a powerful vampire.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Jack Townsend

Jack Townsend

Sep 4, 2020
Two reasons:

#1 She knows how terrifying the counts reputation is amongst werewolves, to give you a perspective it is to torture the wolf until he begs for death ...
#2 To basically incite MC so he "fucks her like he hates her" i.e. is willing to go hard

As said, she is not powerless but far less powerful than dragomira.
If one of those women were serious about not wanting MC he'd just straight die.

If we would be talking about a werewolf that has lived several years, is sufficiently trained and able to transform into a great wolf it would be a different matter.
But the MC is not even close to be able to beat his werewolf teacher, let alone a powerful vampire.
You make good points. I just hope that we will eventually get to see a werewolf fight vampire in the game eventually. I want to see what the MC is really capable of once and for all. Personally, I would like to see him fight and beat Count Orlok. Get that racist limp dick excuse for a vampire out of the picture once and for all. As you pointed out, it will be much easier said than done. But it would be fun to watch him try. :cool:

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
You make good points. I just hope that we will eventually get to see a werewolf fight vampire in the game eventually. I want to see what the MC is really capable of once and for all. Personally, I would like to see him fight and beat Count Orlok. Get that racist limp dick excuse for a vampire out of the picture once and for all. As you pointed out, it will be much easier said than done. But it would be fun to watch him try. :cool:
If someone or something (magically?) incites the professional simp also known as Kyle to fight MC you might get what you wish for. I'd recon that even that would have MC at a power disadvantage - but Kyle has a brain disadvantage so that evens out ...

A fight MC with Count Limp Dick might happen when MC unlocks the Great Wolf.
But prior to that?
Realistically no.
It might be fun to you, but it definitely is not for MC ...

Jack Townsend

Sep 4, 2020
If someone or something (magically?) incites the professional simp also known as Kyle to fight MC you might get what you wish for. I'd recon that even that would have MC at a power disadvantage - but Kyle has a brain disadvantage so that evens out ...

But prior to that?
Realistically no.
It might be fun to you, but it definitely is not for

But prior to that?
Realistically no.
It might be fun to you, but it definitely is not for MC ...
I'll take either of those scenarios :cool:. Come to think of it, the MC can have sex with Dermilla as a werewolf, and the count just watches it happen. Knowing how much Count Limp Dick hates werewolves, how can he watch his wife getting screwed by a werewolf and do nothing about it?

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
I'll take either of those scenarios :cool:. Come to think of it, the MC can have sex with Dermilla as a werewolf, and the count just watches it happen. Knowing how much Count Limp Dick hates werewolves, how can he watch his wife getting screwed by a werewolf and do nothing about it?
He is transformed into a bat.
As such he is ... well blind as a bat.
He follows the sound of sex and is present, but at most he saw moving undefined things in his view and heard the pleasure screams of his wife.

Jack Townsend

Sep 4, 2020
He is transformed into a bat.
As such he is ... well blind as a bat.
He follows the sound of sex and is present, but at most he saw moving undefined things in his view and heard the pleasure screams of his wife.
If that's the case then he sucks at voyeurism. I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure that to enjoy voyeurism, you have to, oh I don't know, BE ABLE TO ACTUALLY SEE IT PROPERLY! I guess he must be deaf too. Because I'm pretty sure the MC made some beast growl sounds during sex. Guess he must have missed those. :rolleyes::LOL:

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
If you follow Dragomira and "let her have her way" at one point the MC can decide to
#1 Let him be dominated
#2 Use strength (if learned before) to break free
#3 Unleash the beast and in turn dominate her

(At the time at least) she is not openly submissive but judging from the relationship gain after she liked that.
Yeah, though the relationship points gain (in the meter of her character) is a lot less than the femdom path, and Dragomira's opinion of the MC is less favorable than had he let her femdom him.

Makes me wonder whether the maledom path will be going through a huge catchup down the line to get up to femdom level of stats and affection. :unsure:

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
If that's the case then he sucks at voyeurism. I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure that to enjoy voyeurism, you have to, oh I don't know, BE ABLE TO ACTUALLY SEE IT PROPERLY! I guess he must be deaf too. Because I'm pretty sure the MC made some beast growl sounds during sex. Guess he must have missed those. :rolleyes::LOL:
Well ... you apparently were not present at hard sex before.
Guttural and beastly sounds are not that uncommon. He apparently knows that his wife likes to be pounded, meaning he expected these sounds to begin with.

Now if MC had howled during sex it would be a different case ...

And yes.
A voyeur that can't see kind of defeats the purpose.
Remember that bats hear exceptionally well, though. In that form he likely could benefit from the bats trademark ability i.e. he basically was able to "see" the sound waves, but could not make out clear (for instance facial) details.

At the same time that was done that way for story purposes.
It established that
#1 Vampires don't care about extramarital sex
#2 Count Limp Dick is impotent
#3 Count Limp Dick likes to "watch"
#4 Count Limp Dick hates werewolves with a passion

Jack Townsend

Sep 4, 2020
Well ... you apparently were not present at hard sex before.
Guttural and beastly sounds are not that uncommon. He apparently knows that his wife likes to be pounded, meaning he expected these sounds to begin with.

Now if MC had howled during sex it would be a different case ...

And yes.
A voyeur that can't see kind of defeats the purpose.
Remember that bats hear exceptionally well, though. In that form he likely could benefit from the bats trademark ability i.e. he basically was able to "see" the sound waves, but could not make out clear (for instance facial) details.

At the same time that was done that way for story purposes.
It established that
#1 Vampires don't care about extramarital sex
#2 Count Limp Dick is impotent
#3 Count Limp Dick likes to "watch"
#4 Count Limp Dick hates werewolves with a passion
Believe me I'm "acquainted" with the realities of hard sex :sneaky:. The sounds were always gutteral, intense, and yes even somewhat dog like. But even at their most dog like, they never sounded like rabid dogs chewing raw meat off the bone. And I'm pretty sure that's how the MC sounded one or two times during sex with Dermilla.

Jack Townsend

Sep 4, 2020
Believe me I'm "acquainted" with the realities of hard sex :sneaky:. The sounds were always gutteral, intense, and yes even somewhat dog like. But even at their most dog like, they never sounded like rabid dogs chewing raw meat off the bone. And I'm pretty sure that's how the MC sounded one or two times during sex with Dermilla.
In all honesty, the main reason I want to take down Count Limp Dick is because I want to take his wife. Also I know he will never approve of his daughter dating and/or marrying a werewolf. The MC pretending to be a vampire might work for awhile, but inevitably the truth will come out. The only chance the MC has of having a future with Rachel (and her mom), is by taking out Count Limp Dick.

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
Well, I don't know how Dev thought of doing it, but in my games of Vampire and Werewolf I have seen more than one fight between a Cliath (the lowest rank of werewolves) and an Ancillae (a vampire of about 200 to 300 years) and things tend to go very badly for vampires. In reality, intelligent gangrel tend to escape as fast as they can and merge with the earth whenever they have the chance. An Assamite or a Brujah armed with a sword has some chance of winning, without a sharp weapon or some silver it's like trying to knock down a mountain with your fists. The rest of the clans are usually not good enough in combat to have any chance in a fight with a Werewolf, unless they have the opportunity to use disciplines that are not expressly designed for combat. I've seen used pressence to temporarily stop the werewolf and have a chance to scape, and some thaumaturgy paths can be remarkably effective in combat (like Creo Ignem, starting at 3rd level you can throw a fireball powerful enough to stop the werewolf, although then you have to escape from the fire you have caused, but a Tremere will always consider that the best way to confront a Werewolf is to have another fight the Werewolf.)

• Thinking Face

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
Well, I don't know how Dev thought of doing it, but in my games of Vampire and Werewolf I have seen more than one fight between a Cliath (the lowest rank of werewolves) and an Ancillae (a vampire of about 200 to 300 years) and things tend to go very badly for vampires. In reality, intelligent gangrel tend to escape as fast as they can and merge with the earth whenever they have the chance. An Assamite or a Brujah armed with a sword has some chance of winning, without a sharp weapon or some silver it's like trying to knock down a mountain with your fists. The rest of the clans are usually not good enough in combat to have any chance in a fight with a Werewolf, unless they have the opportunity to use disciplines that are not expressly designed for combat. I've seen used pressence to temporarily stop the werewolf and have a chance to scape, and some thaumaturgy paths can be remarkably effective in combat (like Creo Ignem, starting at 3rd level you can throw a fireball powerful enough to stop the werewolf, although then you have to escape from the fire you have caused, but a Tremere will always consider that the best way to confront a Werewolf is to have another fight the Werewolf.)
You are talking about the masquerade line of games.
In that line of games werewolves are extremely overpowered and more like a villainous endboss than a somewhat balanced adversary.
In addition vampires are portrayed as relatively squishy and fragile. Even mere humans pose somewhat of a threat.
With this portrayal that series, which includes a Pen&Paper RPG which you are likely referring to, is more or less an outlier and not the "standard" in that regard.

The backstory of Dragomira for instance is that she was a professional werewolf hunter and has singlehandedly wiped out werewolf clans for multiple centuries.

That alone should clue you in that this game is not set in the masquerade world ...

The "Bog Standard" is relatively akin to the portrayal in the underworld movies.
Werewolves and Vampires of comparable rank are relatively close in combat prowess.

Here the MC is of slightly higher than the absolutely lowest rank werewolf since he discovered his gift a few weeks ago i.e. is neither old nor trained enough for higher ranks and dragomira is not necessarily the strongest vampire "alive" but close to the highest rank of vampire.
Honestly not even an earnest competition.

• Thinking Face

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
You are talking about the masquerade line of games.
In that line of games werewolves are extremely overpowered and more like a villainous endboss than a somewhat balanced adversary.
In addition vampires are portrayed as relatively squishy and fragile. Even mere humans pose somewhat of a threat.
With this portrayal that series, which includes a Pen&Paper RPG which you are likely referring to, is more or less an outlier and not the "standard" in that regard.

The backstory of Dragomira for instance is that she was a professional werewolf hunter and has singlehandedly wiped out werewolf clans for multiple centuries.

That alone should clue you in that this game is not set in the masquerade world ...

The "Bog Standard" is relatively akin to the portrayal in the underworld movies.
Werewolves and Vampires of comparable rank are relatively close in combat prowess.

Here the MC is of slightly higher than the absolutely lowest rank werewolf since he discovered his gift a few weeks ago i.e. is neither old nor trained enough for higher ranks and dragomira is not necessarily the strongest vampire "alive" but close to the highest rank of vampire.
Honestly not even an earnest competition.
to be fair, we also don't know if MC has even reached their peak form since werewolves that are considered leaders of a pack tend to be the strongest and I have a feeling that adding the Great Wolf ability to that would possibly put them on equal footing with older vampires

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
to be fair, we also don't know if MC has even reached their peak form since werewolves that are considered leaders of a pack tend to be the strongest and I have a feeling that adding the Great Wolf ability to that would possibly put them on equal footing with older vampires
He is named to be the prospective leader of the pack by name alone.
He comes from the most well regarded clan of werewolves.
The prior leader of the pack was Alex, the son of the second most well regarded clan of werewolves. And that "only" because at that time MC wasn't even aware that he is a werewolf i.e. he got that position due to a lack of opponents, not through strength.

But keep one thing in mind.
It is a werewolf pack of college students.
Not a "big" werewolf pack.
It is very much possible that the leader of that pack would be initiated at a "slightly above beginner level" position in an adult pack.

Ultimately being the leader of that pack means little in "the real world".
It is more like a "The children are playing make-believe again. How cute!" type of deal.

You do not honestly believe a werewolf of a few weeks magically and suddenly is the strongest werewolf in the country.
Or do you?

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
He is named to be the prospective leader of the pack by name alone.
He comes from the most well regarded clan of werewolves.
The prior leader of the pack was Alex, the son of the second most well regarded clan of werewolves. And that "only" because at that time MC wasn't even aware that he is a werewolf i.e. he got that position due to a lack of opponents, not through strength.

But keep one thing in mind.
It is a werewolf pack of college students.
Not a "big" werewolf pack.
It is very much possible that the leader of that pack would be initiated at a "slightly above beginner level" position in an adult pack.

Ultimately being the leader of that pack means little in "the real world".
It is more like a "The children are playing make-believe again. How cute!" type of deal.

You do not honestly believe a werewolf of a few weeks magically and suddenly is the strongest werewolf in the country.
Or do you?
I didn't say that. my point was mostly that MC hasn't reached their peak physical form yet and still has room for growth. I know it's just a small pack in a college which ultimately is a schoolyard thing but what would happen if MC had the Great Wolf ability and would it put him on equal footing at some point. I do recognize that my wording was way off of what I intended it to be and I understand your reply so that's on me

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
I didn't say that. my point was mostly that MC hasn't reached their peak physical form yet and still has room for growth. I know it's just a small pack in a college which ultimately is a schoolyard thing but what would happen if MC had the Great Wolf ability and would it put him on equal footing at some point. I do recognize that my wording was way off of what I intended it to be and I understand your reply so that's on me
The room MC has to grow is quite large.
As said he discovered the fact that he is a werewolf some weeks ago.
Even if the game skips some weeks it still is the same season on campus i.e. not 3 month have passed.
It is quite a stretch that MC has had multiple growth moments already, but that is part of the "parts of the story that realistically do not quite make sense" list. It is for storytelling purposes but I feel it is "a bit" to fast.

Realistically speaking if the training he undergoes is speedy and successful plus he unlocks the great wolf he maybe able to challenge Count Limp Dick to a fight and win. If he'd do the same with Dragomira he would run into problems, not least of which likely is that he'd be reluctant to kill her and thus fighting prowess/resolve is lowered. She on the other hand has centuries of experience about where a werewolves limits are i.e. she knows where to hit and how much pain MC realistically could take before he falls unconscious for her to drag him into her bdsm dungeon ...

Basically the main difference is a few centuries worth of experience.
And don't underestimate her previous job.
She was a werewolf hunter and was extremely good at it. So much that she is feared amongst werewolf packs. She knows weaknesses about werewolves that they themselves likely don't realize.

MC has potential.
Thing is he needs time to develop that potential.
He is not the Big Bad Wolf some people picture him as.
Yet.

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
The room MC has to grow is quite large.
As said he discovered the fact that he is a werewolf some weeks ago.
Even if the game skips some weeks it still is the same season on campus i.e. not 3 month have passed.
It is quite a stretch that MC has had multiple growth moments already, but that is part of the "parts of the story that realistically do not quite make sense" list. It is for storytelling purposes but I feel it is "a bit" to fast.

Realistically speaking if the training he undergoes is speedy and successful plus he unlocks the great wolf he maybe able to challenge Count Limp Dick to a fight and win. If he'd do the same with Dragomira he would run into problems, not least of which likely is that he'd be reluctant to kill her and thus fighting prowess/resolve is lowered. She on the other hand has centuries of experience about where a werewolves limits are i.e. she knows where to hit and how much pain MC realistically could take before he falls unconscious for her to drag him into her bdsm dungeon ...

Basically the main difference is a few centuries worth of experience.
And don't underestimate her previous job.
She was a werewolf hunter and was extremely good at it. So much that she is feared amongst werewolf packs. She knows weaknesses about werewolves that they themselves likely don't realize.

MC has potential.
Thing is he needs time to develop that potential.
He is not the Big Bad Wolf some people picture him as.
Yet.
that's why I didn't mention those 2 vampires specifically by name. those 2 could be considered among the most dangerous vampires in the world currently. when I said on equal footing, it was geared more towards a younger vampire of let's say 125 yrs. again, I know it would take more than a decade of training for MC to even be able to last a few minutes against Dragomira and Count Old Guy. not to mention it would likely take decades of training to hit either of them considering like werewolves, vampires get stronger as they age. this does bring about another question though. just who was the werewolf that got MC's grandma pregnant and what clan did he belong to? because taking that into account could somewhat change how we approach MC's growth in the future and what he could potentially do later on down the line. also thanks for not randomly insulting me during our discussion on this subject. I know these things tend to get heated

Jack Townsend

Sep 4, 2020
I have a feeling that (depending on player choices) the MC will realize his potential very quickly. In his little tussle with Dermilla, she expressed shock that the MC was strong enough to overpower her physically. And that's him just starting out. Imagine what he'll be like when he has the wolf abilities, including the Great Wolf.

Reactions: astabro
4.50 star(s) 75 Votes