Link_Xp4444

Jan 6, 2018
Thanks! This'll all be fixed in the next episode, which I hope to get out within the week.
There's something I've been wondering when it comes to updating the game. Is there a *specific* location you should save your game in before you update, or does it not really matter? For example, in Monster Girl Dreams you must always save your game in the town square before you update so that nothing wonky happens to your save, so I was wondering if you had to save in Minstral Village or somewhere like that to ensure nothing bad happens to your save when you update.

narutomater

May 2, 2020
There's something I've been wondering when it comes to updating the game. Is there a *specific* location you should save your game in before you update, or does it not really matter? For example, in Monster Girl Dreams you must always save your game in the town square before you update so that nothing wonky happens to your save, so I was wondering if you had to save in Minstral Village or somewhere like that to ensure nothing bad happens to your save when you update.
all you do is take the save from the older version and move it to the www folder in the updated version and done the save will work

Mar 23, 2022
So my knowledge isn't the greatest when it comes to this RPG maker (monster girl 1000) vs Renpy (monster girl deams). But I think that a save would be fine anywhere unless there was a change to the specific map or line of coding. For example if you are at Elysain and the dev decided to place a wall where you are standing there might be issues with that save. Or if the dev decides to remove Elysian all together that might also cause an error. But if the dev decides to make changes to let's say the Capital there shouldn't be an issue. I know from experience that if there are changes to the capital that the worst that happened was I had to click the contacts again which swapped places with towns folk when I went from 9.6.1 to 10.0.3. Where if this was a renpy game you'd most likely never be able to save in any place where a change could occur. I think rpg maker just reruns the code if it's updated or when you cause that chunk of code to load it does it from the start. It only throws an error if it can't run the code to some capacity. Where renpy throws an error at the slightest change. I've had renpy game throw an error because I loaded a save where the dev replace a single word. In my case it was swapping "me" for "I". So that's why you have to save in the town square in Monster Girl Dreams. They won't make changes to the town square's so the code is always the same. So it won't throw errors. It's probably also a fairly simple chunk of code so it doen't have much to load which also reduced potential errors. While Monster Girl 1000 always reruns the code on start up/load. At least that's what I've gathered from the many RPM maker and Renpy games I've played.

Thanks! This'll all be fixed in the next episode, which I hope to get out within the week.
Nooo, there goes my next week. Good thing I had little planned. Jokes aside. I'm excited and can't wait but will wait if needed. I don't want to put unnecessary stress on an amazing dev. So keep up the great work.

Ren_wolf

Aug 3, 2022
I have no idea if this was intentional or not but when you ask for advice on how to get the ingredients for the acid glacier axe (I forgot the name) it mentions the reach but I couldn't find that. I tried looking in all of the shops but I can't find the last ingredient and I know that it exists because I saw someone else with it while scrolling through here.

I was also trying to get the infinity rod but I cant figure out where the fluffy gators are

Mar 23, 2022
I have no idea if this was intentional or not but when you ask for advice on how to get the ingredients for the acid glacier axe (I forgot the name) it mentions the reach but I couldn't find that. I tried looking in all of the shops but I can't find the last ingredient and I know that it exists because I saw someone else with it while scrolling through here.

I was also trying to get the infinity rod but I cant figure out where the fluffy gators are
The Reach is the area of the overworld that is the frozen area. As for the axe part you're after you can find it in the shop in Elysian colosseum. The fluffy gators is the enemy for the story quest "Mother Knows Breast". So if you just got to Mistral Village then you'll get them in the next area.

TwistedScarlett60

Will lewd cute girls for cash
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019

The Reach is the name of the city/area Elysian Colosseum resides.

lazydude

Dec 21, 2017
TwistedScarlett60 sorry if this is intentional but Ray can't use the effects from "deck of cards" as she has no skills :ROFLMAO: also Lucile's ribbon does not protect from doom

...how, you were level 28?!
by cheesing the hell out of it! like "Barrels' lvl3 blessing+crystal assassin armor+arterial squirt" is a powerful defensive combo for Bessie for example. i also found one really powerful set up but it only works with really powerful opponents like Alice or if you are weak enough/underleveled

Ren_wolf

Aug 3, 2022
Thanks for replying so fast I probably just wasn't paying attention but your game is really well made and I enjoy playing it a lot

rave75

Aug 20, 2018
TwistedScarlett60 I think I found a bug With Lucilorie/Valcile's blessing, when I got it equipped to someone and after their turn, they immediately lose hp, I heal them they go back to their cap, then after their turn they lose hp again, if I don't heal them and they get another turn in they don't lose any hp, it's like they have a new hp cap with the blessing equipped, also pretty sure no mp is being regenerated, Still been enjoying the game and can't wait for the next update.

Last edited:
Reactions: TwistedScarlett60

Ferlucio

Feb 21, 2018
Not sure if it is bugged or the way it's meant to be after 10.0.2 but I REALLY hate how buffs barely last a few turns per character now. Like to keep cheer up I need to recast it every other turn, because it goes down by one turn for every character after their action, so despite it having 10 "Ticks" you really only get like 2-3 turns of it per character unless you recast it every other turn. The same with haste that basically only lasts 2 turns on the character it was cast on, and that might even be only 1 turn if there are enough enemies. I Started playing on version 10.0.0 but haven't noticed if it was the same there since in the early game it doesn't matter as much, but now I'm at a point in game where buffs just don't feel worth it, and I really liked them early on while playing on 10.0.0.

rave75

Aug 20, 2018
Thanks for the explanation on the changes for 10.0.2, I read the changelog and saw the change hit both buffs and regen so the mp regen is probably working as intended, but still doesn't explain the weird stuff going on with the hp, unless I'm just confused, because Lucilorie/Valcile's blessing doesn't mention it effecting your hp stat at all and I even tested it, if I take that blessing off of my characters then they don't have the hp problem, if I equip it to any of them they have the problem, so it's a bug or maybe something isn't being listed? that or I'm an idiot.

TwistedScarlett60

Will lewd cute girls for cash
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
Not sure if it is bugged or the way it's meant to be after 10.0.2 but I REALLY hate how buffs barely last a few turns per character now. Like to keep cheer up I need to recast it every other turn, because it goes down by one turn for every character after their action, so despite it having 10 "Ticks" you really only get like 2-3 turns of it per character unless you recast it every other turn. The same with haste that basically only lasts 2 turns on the character it was cast on, and that might even be only 1 turn if there are enough enemies. I Started playing on version 10.0.0 but haven't noticed if it was the same there since in the early game it doesn't matter as much, but now I'm at a point in game where buffs just don't feel worth it, and I really liked them early on while playing on 10.0.0.
This comment confused me at first, because it was saying some things I hadn't intended and shouldn't be happening...
So I looked into it, and discovered that I accidentally made all buffs/debuffs last HALF the duration they used to. They were counting down at each half-turn, not a full-turn!

With that fixed, you should be able to get more than just 10 actions out of a single cheer, or 5 actions out of a single haste. I was able to get Bessie to have 16 actions within a single "10 turn cheer", while Ray, who had 33% of Bessie's agility, only got 6 actions. This is more or less exactly how it should function. You can squish more turns into a tick to kinda steal turns away from slow characters. Although a difference of x3 agility between party members probably won't be something you encounter in-game without specifically orchestrating it.

Will be fixed in Episode 11, releasing soon™!

Ferlucio

Feb 21, 2018
This comment confused me at first, because it was saying some things I hadn't intended and shouldn't be happening...
So I looked into it, and discovered that I accidentally made all buffs/debuffs last HALF the duration they used to. They were counting down at each half-turn, not a full-turn!

With that fixed, you should be able to get more than just 10 actions out of a single cheer, or 5 actions out of a single haste. I was able to get Bessie to have 16 actions within a single "10 turn cheer", while Ray, who had 33% of Bessie's agility, only got 6 actions. This is more or less exactly how it should function. You can squish more turns into a tick to kinda steal turns away from slow characters. Although a difference of x3 agility between party members probably won't be something you encounter in-game without specifically orchestrating it.

Will be fixed in Episode 11, releasing soon™!
Super glad I could help discover the bug. Really enjoying the game, which not only has great story and writing but a very competent gameplay as well. Big fan of your other games as well.

Ferlucio

Feb 21, 2018
Also, I think you end up missing on a lot of skill tokens based on how much you upgrade the town before acquiring the skill shop. Alice says you get 1 Token for 50 town quality. My town was over 800 when I bought the skill shop, but I started with only 5 tokens, which I assume are the starting ones you get. Not sure if this is intended behavior.
Also also, I think Sleep might be somewhat bugged, at least Bessie's sleep is. When I sleep an enemy for "3 turns" their turn never happens so they are asleep forever until damaged. Quite useful to buff your party up, but not sure if it is the intended effect.

22ndgentlemen

Apr 11, 2022
Also, I think you end up missing on a lot of skill tokens based on how much you upgrade the town before acquiring the skill shop. Alice says you get 1 Token for 50 town quality. My town was over 800 when I bought the skill shop, but I started with only 5 tokens, which I assume are the starting ones you get. Not sure if this is intended behavior.
Also also, I think Sleep might be somewhat bugged, at least Bessie's sleep is. When I sleep an enemy for "3 turns" their turn never happens so they are asleep forever until damaged. Quite useful to buff your party up, but not sure if it is the intended effect.
Sleep does not affect all enemies this way, but it does effect most as well as your party. One example that is not effected this way is the Training Dummy in the arena. There is a visual that the target is asleep when it really isn't.

Mar 23, 2022
Yeah, I think the system for the town is not working correctly. The system is for the first 500 town points you get a rate of 100 = 1 token but after you hit 500 you get a rate of 50 = 1 token. However if you don't purchase the Skill Shop immediately you are still at a rate of 100 = 1 token. Basically if you get the skill shop at 550 points or less you're fine. But if you get the tokens at let's say 1200 you only get 12 tokens like I did. Secondly the sleep was already mentions. Actually a few skills were effected when this bug occured. I think it happened when the dev decided to go from some buffs/debuff going per action to some buffs/debuff being per "turn". I don't know what turn counts as but it is what it is. Not sure about the other skill but the sleep was definitely fixed in the next update. P.S I'm not a dev just a random who watches/bug reports on this forum. So take what I say for what you will.

4.50 star(s) 102 Votes