KimbelFall57

May 17, 2019
Awesome update!!:love:
Question though, with the upgrade system for buildings quality upgrade has "Each only works once" does it mean you have to buy it again or its a permanent upgrade? And does it affect quantity upgrades?

antianti

Oct 1, 2020
was excited to test this out on my mac, but i keep getting an error any time i try to save or use the options. it says "EROFS: read-only file system, mkdir" followed by a directory. I already used the permissions fix for mac too, so confused about why it's not working

EDIT: if I drag it into my apps folder, it works fine. Is there any way to set it up so I can use it on my external HD instead?

TwistedScarlett60

Will lewd cute girls for cash
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
Awesome update!!:love:
Question though, with the upgrade system for buildings quality upgrade has "Each only works once" does it mean you have to buy it again or its a permanent upgrade? And does it affect quantity upgrades?
Every upgrade is a purchase once and you permanently get the benefit only. Buildings too.

I tried really hard to make it so you could only buy one from the shop, and that's it. Try as I might, RPGMaker just doesn't have that functionality, and there aren't any good scripts for it.

was excited to test this out on my mac, but i keep getting an error any time i try to save or use the options. it says "EROFS: read-only file system, mkdir" followed by a directory. I already used the permissions fix for mac too, so confused about why it's not working

EDIT: if I drag it into my apps folder, it works fine. Is there any way to set it up so I can use it on my external HD instead?
I have a friend who said they're going to try and code a permissions fix for Mac. The one in the OP is actually outdated and only worked for episode 3 unfortunately.

slashimus

Mar 2, 2019
So if I was playing your previous release my save is now broken? I was playing the last release, had just gotten to sleep with the rat girl.

Very nice game btw. Thanks for making it. I usually avoid RPGMaker games like the plague.

lucratif

Oct 24, 2018
Is there a full save / a gallery unlock by any chance :p ?
I played the game but lost my saves :-/

TwistedScarlett60

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
Bug report
The android ver , I play first episode in the game while in the battle will appear bgm4 ship not found and picture bellow
bgm4 ship? I've never ever heard of that. I'm going to download the game, test it myself and see what's up.

Edit: Okay, I tested it and I actually got the same error, but I literally have no clue what the problem is because the file *is* there*.
1627632958847.png

Is there a full save / a gallery unlock by any chance :p ?
I played the game but lost my saves :-/
New version pretty much has a complete gallery! The episode select will give you a 100% save and put you straight at the newest content.

So if I was playing your previous release my save is now broken? I was playing the last release, had just gotten to sleep with the rat girl.

Very nice game btw. Thanks for making it. I usually avoid RPGMaker games like the plague.
Yeah, I had to break old saves to introduce some new scripting functionality for choice menus. Glad you enjoy my game.

do you get to fuck the rabbit girl in the game i havent got that far
You get to fuck 'a' rabbit girl in this update, haha. I'm implementing the 'path' to Alice's sex scene bit by bit right now.

Really nice game, you plan on selling it on Steam?
Yeah, much, much later though.

anyone have a save?
The game includes an episode select if you want to skip ahead. No one has a save that'll be any more substantial than what you can get by just pressing 'new game', 'I've played before', and then 'episode 4'.

Last edited:

michylawhty

Sep 8, 2020
Didn't expect a new update to be out so soon!

I have noticed a few consistency errors, when selecting Chapter 4 from a new game, but none of these are particularly troubling, but I thought I would mention them just in case.

The first really isn't an error whatsoever, since it's an optional thing anyways, but when you flirt with Elsie, it will act as if you haven't had the scene with her yet, and that you're doing it for the first time. But since flirting is optional, this doesn't cause continuity problems with the story

The second one I found is that the quest where you encounter Mimi for the second time, in Misty Woods, is uncleared. This is despite the fact that she is already in Mistral Village, despite the storyline stating that she didn't actually go there between her first and second encounters.

The third is with Valerie and Lucille. Lucille's quest is uncleared when you select chapter 4, which fits with the dialogue when enter her shop and talk with her, yet her H scene with her and Valerie is already available.

Again, these aren't game-breaking errors, but I thought I would mention them for the sake of story consistency.

Reactions: TwistedScarlett60

TwistedScarlett60

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
As far as the android version goes, I think I might wrap up development on it because it's evident to me that RPGmaker is too shit to be worth the effort of trying to make it work.

I'm trying to test it now, and I genuinely cannot get it to load. It worked before, but now despite the fact I only changed a few music files I cannot get it to load at all.

Whether it's issues loading, random files not loading despite being there, and the fact the controls are unintuitive. It's just not an ideal way to play.

I'll definitely be avoiding RPGmaker in the future, and everyone else should too, it's complete garbage and if it wasn't for the extremely dedicated community making this F-Tier software usable with their scripts I don't think anyone would ever use it anyway.

Didn't expect a new update to be out so soon!

I have noticed a few consistency errors, when selecting Chapter 4 from a new game, but none of these are particularly troubling, but I thought I would mention them just in case.

The first really isn't an error whatsoever, since it's an optional thing anyways, but when you flirt with Elsie, it will act as if you haven't had the scene with her yet, and that you're doing it for the first time. But since flirting is optional, this doesn't cause continuity problems with the story

The second one I found is that the quest where you encounter Mimi for the second time, in Misty Woods, is uncleared. This is despite the fact that she is already in Mistral Village, despite the storyline stating that she didn't actually go there between her first and second encounters.

The third is with Valerie and Lucille. Lucille's quest is uncleared when you select chapter 4, which fits with the dialogue when enter her shop and talk with her, yet her H scene with her and Valerie is already available.

Again, these aren't game-breaking errors, but I thought I would mention them for the sake of story consistency.
Huh, I swear I fixed the second and third one you mentioned, because I even saw it myself. Then it occurred to me, I fixed it on the android build but forgot to fix it on the windows one! Damnit. I missed the first one though, so thanks for informing me!

Reactions: michylawhty

DickMcFuck

Aug 13, 2019
is it just me or are the manticores a little extreme? they straight up just one hit ray and bessie everytime.

xZecretX

Jun 6, 2017
I'll definitely be avoiding RPGmaker in the future, and everyone else should too, it's complete garbage and if it wasn't for the extremely dedicated community making this F-Tier software usable with their scripts I don't think anyone would ever use it anyway.
That pretty much sums up my opinion about it.
Some devs really can make great games with the engine, it also can be somewhat nice for smaller games, but more often I feel like either the devs or the players will struggle because of it.

Some examples (generally, not this game) from my perspective are:
- bad skipping (certain things have to play while skipping, like movements and reactions, making "skipping" awfully slow),
- no text hiding,
- forced zooming into (very) low resolutions (not only is something like the task bar affected, after the zoom often other programs are also resized),
just to name a few issues.
Those could be fixed, but some devs just don't bother with it as long as their game runs, it seems.

So far this game (or at least the last two versions I started playing) seem to be better off, but still not as great. For example there is the issue with the upgrade shop, or personally I like to save at choices but now you can't anymore (though sometimes you still can, probably a bug), although on the other hand the last issue did resolve the missing text hiding.

But to also name another issue, that would be hotkeys. You shouldn't forget that there are also players who prefer to use the right side of a keyboard, so going all over the keyboard to press "W" for skipping is kinda annoying. Also, I believe there is no keyboard hotkey for hiding the text yet, only "RMB".

TwistedScarlett60

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
is it just me or are the manticores a little extreme? they straight up just one hit ray and bessie everytime.
That quest is actually optional, meaning you can return to it at any time, so I wanted to pump up the difficulty just a teeny bit. I know it must seem a little unfair from the perspective of the game still being in development though, haha, sorry!

Also, I believe there is no keyboard hotkey for hiding the text yet, only "RMB".
Shift can be used to hide the text, yet another script made by a passionate community member. I agree that the functionality for RPGmaker is so lacking that it's embarrassing from the standpoint of the Kadokawa developers. The UIs alone are an abomination that heavily date this software.

Some of the most basic things you can't do without scripts or bizarre workarounds:
- Have a choice menu with more than 6 choices
- Hide/unhide certain choices if you don't have the requirements.
- Check if the party has more than '1' of a certain item for variable checks.
- Have a shop that runs out of stock
- Have a shop that gets new items based on variables/switches.
- Have items in the shop active a variable/switch when bought. (Has to be done externally, can't be done for multiple of one item type)

And that's just the surface of the iceberg, a few annoyances I had developing episode 4 part 1 alone. I have literally coded my own shops in Ren'Py that are better than the RPGMaker devs decided to let players for their $70 software do, and I'm an atrocious coder.

Lans90

Dec 2, 2017
started the game from the beginning to update the plot and events in memory.
By the way, I noticed changes in the sounds. I liked the background melody in the first location (in old versions), I hope it will appear somewhere else =)

4.50 star(s) 103 Votes