selectivepaperclip

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Feb 19, 2017
I'll definitely be avoiding RPGmaker in the future, and everyone else should too, it's complete garbage and if it wasn't for the extremely dedicated community making this F-Tier software usable with their scripts I don't think anyone would ever use it anyway.
I'm sure this has been asked and answered elsewhere, but why did you choose RPGM for this project? Was it just for the combat?

As a fan of Friendship with Benefits I was surprised to see this revert to using a "worse" engine, and that's put me off from trying it so far. Though I'll probably buy it once it's complete.

TwistedScarlett60

Will lewd cute girls for cash
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
I'm sure this has been asked and answered elsewhere, but why did you choose RPGM for this project? Was it just for the combat?

As a fan of Friendship with Benefits I was surprised to see this revert to using a "worse" engine, and that's put me off from trying it so far. Though I'll probably buy it once it's complete.
For me it was because I'm a huge fan of RPGs and always wanted to make one, and while I did actually turn to Ren'Py first and see if I could make an in-depth RPG system, due to my lack of experience with coding combined with a lack of documentation in that area, it wasn't something I could realistically do without the functionality of RPGmaker.

It's kind of a shame too, really, because I had this awesome idea for another game called 'Monster Girl Paradise' which is a game set in hell, but I put that on the side for Monster Girl 1,000 instead.

There's more I want to do with RPG games and systems, and I think there's a ton of potential there, like I think making a game like Black Souls 1/2 would be awesome, and I've also seen games like Ambrosia and Karryn's Prison and wanted to make something a bit like that. But working with RPGmaker might be such a nightmare that there may be a chance I just stay away from fun projects like that. I might look into alternatives if it ever gets to that because I really do want to bring these ideas to life.

Reactions: syh653 and Lans90

selectivepaperclip

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Feb 19, 2017
I've also seen games like Ambrosia and Karryn's Prison and wanted to make something a bit like that. But working with RPGmaker might be such a nightmare that there may be a chance I just stay away from fun projects like that.
That's an interesting perspective. I'll try out some of those games, my RPGM allergy has lessened recently but I still can't stand traditional Attack/Magic/Defend/Item RPGM combat. Luckily people tend to have made mods that can reduce that stuff.

Personally as someone with a lot of coding experience I would be terrified to go from RenPy to RPGM because of having to edit all the scripts in the GUI rather than a fancier text editor or IDE. I dunno how good RPGM devs are at using source control, or if they have alternate ways of editing the game, but it spooks me to think I could accidentally delete something in the GUI and have a hard time getting things back to how it was before.

RenPy definitely doesn't provide an obvious path to make something that looks like RPGM map navigation or combat, and games that try to extend the engine to have alternate navigation (like Irresistable Johnson) can feel a little janky. But it does so many things right as far as text speed, rollback, save/load anywhere, consistent preferences, etc that is hard to replicate in other engines.

Reactions: TwistedScarlett60

Windchaser

Jul 12, 2021
Episode 4 Part 1 Release:
Windows, Mac, Linux and Android files are all included here to be downloaded separately:
THank you for trying the Linux build! Unfortunately I can't get it to work.

The Game file is not set executable, which is easy enough to fix, but then I get 'Uncaught Error: Could not load file audio/bgm/Bessie%20-%20-fourwalls%20x%20E2%80%93%20Above%20The%20Clouds.ogg'

It looks like it's URL-encoding the filename.

I wouldn't worry much about fixing this. I appreciate the attempt! I'm setting it up in Wine now.

Deep6ixed

Aug 2, 2021
Android sound files not found is due to android file names and capitalization. Its ship4.m4a in the file list and the script is calling for Ship4.m4a, and android sees those as 2 different files. Im looking at a plugin fix as a work around.

TwistedScarlett60

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
Android sound files not found is due to android file names and capitalization. Its ship4.m4a in the file list and the script is calling for Ship4.m4a, and android sees those as 2 different files. Im looking at a plugin fix as a work around.
When testing a new version where I tried to fix this issue:
I get an error that says Ship3.m4a is missing, but that'd not right because I do have a capitalized file named that, and it should work just fine. But... inexplicably it doesn't.

Deep6ixed

Aug 2, 2021
Its not letting me post a pic of the parsed Apk. In bgm both ship1 2 3 are all lower case.

RPMV is a huge pain on android.

Im trying a fix in rpg_managers that just ignores missing audio files

Drakan47

Dec 17, 2018
First off, I can't believe you ended it there, and you even teased that the next contract is the MILF's, not cool, fuck you (jk)

Anyways, because I'm a nerd with no life I made a list of all the possible drops from the enemies:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And just for completion's sake here's the answers and rewards to the quiz show

While doing this I found some bugs, some worse than others, here they are

On a separate note, the save at the start of chapter 4 seems a little underleveled? I was definitely more than level 7 when I reached mistral

TwistedScarlett60

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
First off, I can't believe you ended it there, and you even teased that the next contract is the MILF's, not cool, fuck you (jk)

Anyways, because I'm a nerd with no life I made a list of all the possible drops from the enemies:

And just for completion's sake here's the answers and rewards to the quiz show

While doing this I found some bugs, some worse than others, here they are

On a separate note, the save at the start of chapter 4 seems a little underleveled? I was definitely more than level 7 when I reached mistral
Excellent post! Thank you very much, I'll make sure everything you listed that wasn't intentional for now gets sorted out (y)

mike2910

May 8, 2020
Hi, I ran into an error going to ray's house, the sex scenes cannot be played. Also in the training arena you cannot choose the dummy. buying the giant bed unlocks a sex scene? I am not able to find it.

juanito

Jun 19, 2017
After trying to run the game on mac with the instructions in the OP I found it too bothersome to debug the problems I was getting. Nonetheless, I got it working by using the instructions I have in my signature and just replacing the proper app.nw directory where appropriate.

TwistedScarlett60

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
Hi, I ran into an error going to ray's house, the sex scenes cannot be played. Also in the training arena you cannot choose the dummy. buying the giant bed unlocks a sex scene? I am not able to find it.
The giant bed sex scene hasn't been made yet, apologies

bugfinder

Jan 30, 2019
i just defeated pumq TwistedScarlett60
can we have mercy to her? she just didn know what she did, she just want love!
did we will meet her again guys? well the story didn bored me and character is good!
i hope we can see what inside her pumpkin helmet!

edit: there is typo when you meet ZAP at the inn
"plenty of acton"

Last edited:

Zorg771

Jun 6, 2020
Just played through the newest version (E4 Part 1). Nice little update! Art is fantastic as usual. Seems pretty clear that a lot of work has gone into making the entire village system function properly so it’s understandable why there wasn’t much real story with this one besides learning about everyone joining the harem in the village and what happened to MC’s dad (but honestly a break from the main story is very good sometimes and I thought it was a really nice change of pace here). I’m really hoping that there continues to be a big focus on adding all of the features planned for it such as pregnancy and increasing relationship levels with girls already in the harem. At the end of the day I think that will be the main draw to this game that people will really enjoy once more depth is added to it in later updates. I also recognize, however, that these things take some time so there is no rush, just as long as it gets done right!

P.S: That upcoming contract tease though...you sly dog, you!

4.50 star(s) 103 Votes