Konpon

Jun 30, 2020
I was thinking that instead of a Tuition sequel, that game would be more open to a remake with better artwork, more areas, and an actual "learning to be a hero" storyline. And I don't just mean a 1:1 remake, I mean completely rebuilt and recoded from the ground up. This was just a passing idea I had, not something I'm actually planning on doing. I'm making Unveiling the Unknown currently, and after that I'm planning on making Friendship with Benefits 2.
I have also read Vigilantes, and honestly, I think it's even better than MHA in a lot of ways.
Good to know, as I'm looking forward to it! And I'm glad you loved that book! It's something I wanted more from, but too bad it was cut short where it did.

Reactions: TwistedScarlett60

TwistedScarlett60

Will lewd cute girls for cash
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
I have the following questions:

1. Will the description of States effects be added to the encyclopedia?

2. Will there be an option to re-read Gabbi's choice tips?; And will information about what Outgoing damage, Percentage damage, Floor damage and how they differ from Physical damage be added to her glossary?

3. Will the post-game sex scenes with Xion Eden Michaela and Furance Knight be added?
Are there not already state descriptions in the encyclopedia? Have you tried scrolling down on the encyclopedia menu?
While being able to re-read Gabbi tips is a good idea, I have no current plans to do that. If it's something you really want, Ic an consider adding it.
There are no plans for scenes with Xion, Eden, Michaela or Furnace Knight.

i was wondering before i do the timeskip. How many girls can you get pregnant? i am at 25 right now. can Ray and Bessie not get pregnant before timeskip? can they afterwards?
It sounds like you've got everyone! Don't worry, you can repeat the time skip as many times as you want. Also, Ray and Bessi will get pregnant during the time skip.

Reactions: TheOtherPeter

GDSBCM

Jun 10, 2017
The Mythic Shop lacks recipes that I've found the ingredients for(ingredient list was mentioned in the Mythic Recipes option), anyone know why that is? Tried the search too but couldn't find anything

Ah nevermind, didn't realize the advice for Mythics unlocked before the actual recipe. Progressing to another location unlocked the recipe I wanted.

Last edited:

Dalaranec

Mar 29, 2023
Are there not already state descriptions in the encyclopedia? Have you tried scrolling down on the encyclopedia menu?
While being able to re-read Gabbi tips is a good idea, I have no current plans to do that. If it's something you really want, Ic an consider adding it.
There are no plans for scenes with Xion, Eden, Michaela or Furnace Knight.

It sounds like you've got everyone! Don't worry, you can repeat the time skip as many times as you want. Also, Ray and Bessi will get pregnant during the time skip.

1682527031922.png
1.At least in the States encyclopedia section, I did not find any descriptions of negative effects that deal damage every turn, prevent a turn, that trigger after taking damage, and that trigger after their duration ends.

2.I would be grateful if Gabbi had such a function, it would be convenient to choose the advice I would like to read.

Chronopie

Jan 9, 2023
Gotta say, the protagonist, as a literal demigod, son of an A-ranked human and a dragon (plus party), having unexpectedly rapid growth, is one thing, and even with plot powerup, isn't (yet) a match for the A-ranked hunters, which makes some sense.

Especially since Tamamo is an immortal ancestor, and Luna was at least trained by one, as well as being a prodigy. Furnace Knight's a phoenix, Slime God is a fusion of millions of slimes, Ix is a rare elemental, L'ightning is, well, lightning, etc. Even Hannah was literally a dragon. These people took decades, if not centuries to get to where they are.

Swifty goes from hunting down, but explicitly not killing C-ranked hunters, to killing sandworms, to rivalling and surpassing all these people over the course of a single battle, without being a divinely genetically tampered demigod.

Our growth is ridiculous, but hers is absurd.

--

Can you upgrade Quistis' blessing?

--

One bug, that doesn't affect gameplay.

During the postgame, while running cleanup for anything missed, I hit hunter rank 0. Specifically, from 8th, I picked up eight ranks from Sybil's frozen colossus contract, from the Colosseum.

Last edited:

TwistedScarlett60

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
1) Can you upgrade Quistis' blessing?

2) During the postgame, while running cleanup for anything missed, I hit hunter rank 0. Specifically, from 8th, I picked up eight ranks from Sybil's frozen colossus contract, from the Colosseum.
1) Nah, I decided not to have some late-game blessings be upgradeable because it's just busy work that late into the game.
2) Sneaky! I guess you're rank 0 then.

Alterism

Feb 17, 2019
Just finished the game. Was pretty alright. Story was a bit weak in places (early game idol Eris, Swiftstroke, Juggernaut, etc). The gameplay is what made me decide to make a post.

Brief Disclaimer before I start. I have played... a lot of RPGs. Nearly every single one I coudl get my hands on back when I learned to read back during the 3rd generation of consoles. So don't take any of these as objective flaws. Just weaknesses I personally felt due to overall exposure to the medium.

Outgoing/Incoming Damage
The game is pretty exceptionally heavily unbalanced in the players favor. On RPG master at least. Reflect, percent, cover, etc strategies are way too strong. Not capping off things like Alice, super adamantoise, etc, is obscene.

The outgoing damage is way way wayyyyyy too high and the incoming damage from the fights that try to match it can't because defense doesn't interact with the damage formula in a way to prevent them from killing themselves. There's no progress/level based ceiling for outgoing. No multifactor additional attribute based formula to control enemies incoming.
MP costs don't even remotely come close to balancing the potential of spells, especially in the early game.

Something as simple as introducing the big 4 stamina/mind/strength/intellect would have introduced a hell of a lot of wiggle room towards balancing encounters (hard to overkill if you work backwards from maximum) when combined to the already existing attributes. Especially for ailments to give more levels of resistance other than blanket luck or raw [x] resistance. Then you could influenced a bit of RNG (potentially luck based or rand(0....) etc) to effect scaling values to introduce more variance.

I'm not saying the formula should be as complex with as many variables as like SaGa Frontier (for one, very few people are even capable of something that needlessly complex) but it certainly needed more balanced encounters if it was going to put itself in a position where it had to constantly punch up to introduce challenge.

Progression of Challenge
This game has a very noticable weakness in escalating it's ability to outline a path towards strength. Many lower "level" fights have at least a tiny bit more going on then later fights. Level is completely meaningless as a metric for strength. Some bosses desperately needed a retuning to kits for their rematch but didn't get them.

Sword Saint Juggernauts post game rematch has a little disclaimer that it's a superboss. I did it as soon as I could once I cleared the game. The rematch was as "strong" as the initial challenge was which is clearable by a bunch of level 36-38 chumps. Alice has a neat gimmick in that she counters with ultima but can still be poison, frozen, and burned to death in a relatively short amount of time.

All of this is a long way of saying that the game needed more quest completion dependencies or, failing that (such that you want to let the player have choice) a more accurate power representation that's not "recommended level"

Player Induced Challenge
For obvious difficulty related reasons I had to abscond from using 'immortal' in general due to how much easier it enables these kinds of strategies, ended up doing away with reflect, and tossed poison to which then multi-hits rear their head, breaking the game in their method. On the topic of reflect, due to how it interacts with damage, endgame "challenge" fights in the mash eventually get to the point where they blitz themselves down to 0. While at the same time a very very small number of fights try to punch back by comitting the RPG sin of unmitigable disables. Which despite being something no game should do ever ever only impact your overall strategy if you're already playing with handicaps.

Power Progression
Moving on. Half of the things in the ultimate shop should have been additional mythic recipes. The final battle needed way more unique to it CG's to help with the impact as well as potentially a BoF4/ Suikoden Tierkreis/ Astlibra ending where you get maybe a few scenes or sentences showing what happens if you lose or kneel to final Eris. Characters needed to be closer to the camera or fully drawn to avoid the whiplash when you see their models just end to stubs. The backgrounds for many many many many fights, especially towards the second half, do not match the scale or impact of the strength of the characters nor the import of the events.

Skills being tied to the skill shop and the method of unlocking these things requiring a bit of tedium was a weakness as well as any mechanically inventive abilities being locked behind the skill shop or weapons. Gear from random battles to a very small minority end up overwhelmingly useless towards the halfway point of the game. Which is aggravated by the fact that mythic recipes stop being a thing towards the final 3rd of the game.

On the topic of mythic items. They needed a more moderate curve and also should have been introduced earlier to get the player interacting with the itemization earlier. Starting incrementally stronger until you got to multiple mythic fusion recipes that provided the last set of mythics we unlocked. A little bit of a scavenger hunt with no stakes to help elongate the gameplay for the few people that want to do it.

The RPG master difficulty is like the screwup they have done in many games of the past, recently in Labyrinth of Galleria where 'cruel world' will violently outlevel you from the challenge while dumping all of the best items in the game into you with minimum grind involved (not that I'm a fan of grind) but with the additional caveat that there's no early way to limit player xp besides just not doing optionals.

Miscellaneous
Many characters towards the end of the game already have their dialogue options talking about the final battle displayed. The final battle really really REALLY needed more unique CGs. The scale of the fight really gets lost when Eris blows up the planet but there's not associated planet busting imagery to anything near the necessary scale for impact. Many many MANY fights either needed full character models or better scaling on the models so that you don't get visual whiplash seeing their body cut in half or end in handless/legless/tailless nubs. Many many MANY fights needed better/unique backgrounds. A few fights towards the end explored with this and that's appreciated but this is like the final 2 hours of a 20-30 hour adventure which it then threw these lessons away for most of the post game.

Anyways I enjoyed my time with the game. I've done all the fights until a few difficulty modifiers in for the monster mashes.
Just had to get all of this off of my chest so I can move on. Bravo zulu to the team. Takes a lot of effort to see a project all the way to its conclusion. I should emphasize again that most of my complaints the average person isn't going to notice or even care about.

TwistedScarlett60

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
Just finished the game. Was pretty alright. Story was a bit weak in places (early game idol Eris, Swiftstroke, Juggernaut, etc). The gameplay is what made me decide to make a post.

Brief Disclaimer before I start. I have played... a lot of RPGs. Nearly every single one I coudl get my hands on back when I learned to read back during the 3rd generation of consoles. So don't take any of these as objective flaws. Just weaknesses I personally felt due to overall exposure to the medium.

Outgoing/Incoming Damage
The game is pretty exceptionally heavily unbalanced in the players favor. On RPG master at least. Reflect, percent, cover, etc strategies are way too strong. Not capping off things like Alice, super adamantoise, etc, is obscene.

The outgoing damage is way way wayyyyyy too high and the incoming damage from the fights that try to match it can't because defense doesn't interact with the damage formula in a way to prevent them from killing themselves. There's no progress/level based ceiling for outgoing. No multifactor additional attribute based formula to control enemies incoming.
MP costs don't even remotely come close to balancing the potential of spells, especially in the early game.

Something as simple as introducing the big 4 stamina/mind/strength/intellect would have introduced a hell of a lot of wiggle room towards balancing encounters (hard to overkill if you work backwards from maximum) when combined to the already existing attributes. Especially for ailments to give more levels of resistance other than blanket luck or raw [x] resistance. Then you could influenced a bit of RNG (potentially luck based or rand(0....) etc) to effect scaling values to introduce more variance.

I'm not saying the formula should be as complex with as many variables as like SaGa Frontier (for one, very few people are even capable of something that needlessly complex) but it certainly needed more balanced encounters if it was going to put itself in a position where it had to constantly punch up to introduce challenge.

Progression of Challenge
This game has a very noticable weakness in escalating it's ability to outline a path towards strength. Many lower "level" fights have at least a tiny bit more going on then later fights. Level is completely meaningless as a metric for strength. Some bosses desperately needed a retuning to kits for their rematch but didn't get them.

Sword Saint Juggernauts post game rematch has a little disclaimer that it's a superboss. I did it as soon as I could once I cleared the game. The rematch was as "strong" as the initial challenge was which is clearable by a bunch of level 36-38 chumps. Alice has a neat gimmick in that she counters with ultima but can still be poison, frozen, and burned to death in a relatively short amount of time.

All of this is a long way of saying that the game needed more quest completion dependencies or, failing that (such that you want to let the player have choice) a more accurate power representation that's not "recommended level"

Player Induced Challenge
For obvious difficulty related reasons I had to abscond from using 'immortal' in general due to how much easier it enables these kinds of strategies, ended up doing away with reflect, and tossed poison to which then multi-hits rear their head, breaking the game in their method. On the topic of reflect, due to how it interacts with damage, endgame "challenge" fights in the mash eventually get to the point where they blitz themselves down to 0. While at the same time a very very small number of fights try to punch back by comitting the RPG sin of unmitigable disables. Which despite being something no game should do ever ever only impact your overall strategy if you're already playing with handicaps.

Power Progression
Moving on. Half of the things in the ultimate shop should have been additional mythic recipes. The final battle needed way more unique to it CG's to help with the impact as well as potentially a BoF4/ Suikoden Tierkreis/ Astlibra ending where you get maybe a few scenes or sentences showing what happens if you lose or kneel to final Eris. Characters needed to be closer to the camera or fully drawn to avoid the whiplash when you see their models just end to stubs. The backgrounds for many many many many fights, especially towards the second half, do not match the scale or impact of the strength of the characters nor the import of the events.

Skills being tied to the skill shop and the method of unlocking these things requiring a bit of tedium was a weakness as well as any mechanically inventive abilities being locked behind the skill shop or weapons. Gear from random battles to a very small minority end up overwhelmingly useless towards the halfway point of the game. Which is aggravated by the fact that mythic recipes stop being a thing towards the final 3rd of the game.

On the topic of mythic items. They needed a more moderate curve and also should have been introduced earlier to get the player interacting with the itemization earlier. Starting incrementally stronger until you got to multiple mythic fusion recipes that provided the last set of mythics we unlocked. A little bit of a scavenger hunt with no stakes to help elongate the gameplay for the few people that want to do it.

The RPG master difficulty is like the screwup they have done in many games of the past, recently in Labyrinth of Galleria where 'cruel world' will violently outlevel you from the challenge while dumping all of the best items in the game into you with minimum grind involved (not that I'm a fan of grind) but with the additional caveat that there's no early way to limit player xp besides just not doing optionals.

Miscellaneous
Many characters towards the end of the game already have their dialogue options talking about the final battle displayed. The final battle really really REALLY needed more unique CGs. The scale of the fight really gets lost when Eris blows up the planet but there's not associated planet busting imagery to anything near the necessary scale for impact. Many many MANY fights either needed full character models or better scaling on the models so that you don't get visual whiplash seeing their body cut in half or end in handless/legless/tailless nubs. Many many MANY fights needed better/unique backgrounds. A few fights towards the end explored with this and that's appreciated but this is like the final 2 hours of a 20-30 hour adventure which it then threw these lessons away for most of the post game.

Anyways I enjoyed my time with the game. I've done all the fights until a few difficulty modifiers in for the monster mashes.
Just had to get all of this off of my chest so I can move on. Bravo zulu to the team. Takes a lot of effort to see a project all the way to its conclusion. I should emphasize again that most of my complaints the average person isn't going to notice or even care about.
There is no team; this entire game was made by just me! :) That last mission took me two months to complete, the same amount of time that all of Misty Woods took.
Thanks for your feedback, I think the key issue here is that the scope of the game was too ambitious for what it wanted to be, and I should have adjusted the game to be easier for a single person to develop. This is something I'm keeping in mind for my future games, but it was fun to go all out.

Alterism

Feb 17, 2019
There is no team; this entire game was made by just me! :) That last mission took me two months to complete, the same amount of time that all of Misty Woods took.
Thanks for your feedback, I think the key issue here is that the scope of the game was too ambitious for what it wanted to be, and I should have adjusted the game to be easier for a single person to develop. This is something I'm keeping in mind for my future games, but it was fun to go all out.
Oh? In that case good job

Anyways yeah scope probably a bit ambitious. I felt things were a bit... cramp in regards to storytelling and presentation towards the final few hours and handful of missions. Truly most of it being after you get outlawed.

However, I think you did a pretty good job. In the future, I think you should strongly consider a harsher curve for experience in encounters you outlevel. At least for the harder difficulty modes (if applicable) as you'll have better control over where you expect the players to be in power and by proxy are able to avoid the pitfall IWD suffered from where it's impossible to balance around the upper limit because that can be literally anything for nearly every single player.

Hard for me to comment on anything else regarding opinions on story or characters that you haven't heard before given this is a 239 page topic and there's nothing I can say outside of my perspective of a (J)RPG buff. Most of my real complaints all center around the main antagonist and I've no there's at least one post which expresses my opinions on the matter.

Anyways I look forward to your future work. Thanks for making an entertaining game, boss.

Reactions: TwistedScarlett60
Dec 4, 2020
I'd say it's actually closer to my first game, Friendship with Benefits, but with some gameplay elements instead:

The premise is that you'll be living in a manor with several other characters, and you'll get to spend time with the other characters to get to know them, progress the story, and unlock sex scenes. But you'll also be able to visit a dungeon to fight monsters and collect resources. It's not as wild as Monster Girl 1,000 in scope, but it's focused approach should allow for a greater level of detail and quality.

The art also aims to be much better:
What kind of fetishes will it contain?

TwistedScarlett60

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
What kind of fetishes will it contain?
"Unveiling the Unknown" will be a game where sexual content and variety are prioritized, and the characters you encounter are no exception. As you progress through the game, you'll come to find that each maid, butler, and nun has their own unique kinks and fetishes, which will manifest themselves in tantalizing ways.

One maid, for instance, is deeply into cock worship, and she'll be more than happy to take your member in her mouth and lavish it with the attention it deserves. Another loves nothing more than dominating her partners, using her restraints and rope to keep you under her control. We have a tsundere maid who absolutely doesn't want to have sex with you, she hates you - ah, woops, she accidentally got addicted to your cock :KEK: . And then there's the holy paladin, whose lack of fetishes is itself a fetish.

1682580421207.png pythonw_SlXcgHt7Mw.jpg NVIDIA_Share_xtWsVZRJND.jpg

As for the nun, her corruption arc is one of the most exciting and titillating aspects of the game. She starts out as a prim and proper sister of the cloth, but as you get deeper into her story, you'll find that she has a darker side—one that craves the touch of a sinful person like yourself. You'll have to tread carefully with her, as she's still bound by her vows of chastity, but as you chip away at her defenses, you'll find that she's more than willing to indulge in your carnal desires.

Of course, the game isn't all about exploring the fetishes of the various characters. There's also the matter of the curse that's been placed upon your protagonist, which transforms them in unpredictable and often arousing ways. Depending on whether you choose to play as a male or female, your body may transform in different ways, such as futanari, but no matter what form you take, the female characters of the game will be more than willing to lend a hand (or any other body part you desire) in order to help soothe your curse.

Overall, "Unveiling the Unknown" is a game that's all about indulging your deepest desires and exploring the darker corners of your own sexuality. That's partly why I chose the name "Unveiling the Unknown," because it's dripping with multiple meanings. Whether you're into femdom, reverse-ntr, or just a good old-fashioned corruption arc, you'll find plenty to keep you entertained and aroused. So come on in, and let the maids of the manor show you what they're made of; you won't be disappointed.

Variablefig

Jun 12, 2022
Pardon me if it's been answered before or if there is a tutorial that goes over it. When are pregnancies announced after you've completed/quests for harem members, given them gift boxes and fucked them without protective herbs?
I can't find anything for it anywhere.

TwistedScarlett60

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
Pardon me if it's been answered before or if there is a tutorial that goes over it. When are pregnancies announced after you've completed/quests for harem members, given them gift boxes and fucked them without protective herbs?
I can't find anything for it anywhere.
You just need to visit that character at their house again.

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
Depending on whether you choose to play as a male or female, your body may transform in different ways, such as futanari, but no matter what form you take, the female characters of the game will be more than willing to lend a hand (or any other body part you desire) in order to help soothe your curse.
hmm, so i take it that male MCs won't have any futa transformations or be avoidable in that gender choice path? if so smart decision!

Oct 29, 2019
Yo !

That's strange, I did not, maybe you should try to run in in the console, but from another directory with a absolute path (starting with / and . or ..)

Bash:
cd /tmp
/path/to/where/you/installed/it/nw
And see the ins.. sorry logs coming from nw

I don't think I had problem with it, but I use also the steam launcher to run it (now)

Did you set the name in packages.json ? It sounds to me it's a problem only when trying to run with absolute path (not sure)

Have a nice weekend
Yeah I changed the packages file, and followed all the steps outlined in the guide - that's the only way I was able to even get it to run at all in the first place
Honestly it's fine, I use Terminator instead of the default terminal, so I just sectioned off one mini-terminal to leave in the directory so I can just ./nw at any time from there while my other terminals are otherwise occupied

Redds667

May 22, 2021
Let me get this straight, in 3 or 4 years Twisted has already finished 3 games and in less than 2 months he has already started creating his 4th game and already has plans for the 5th, someone really loves what he does, I also never expected to see the characters that mdf_an created in a game, I always wanted more about them.

Oct 29, 2019
Honestly, this and Renryuu Ascension are some of the absolutely fucking craziest hits I've ever seen come out of RPGM
This game ate 50+ hours of my life, often convincing me to play until like 3 AM on a work night. For a porn game. That's insane.

My only regret with it... my only criticism-
-is that the entire game is spent building up to and finally achieving babies... and then once you have them, you only get to see one, and get one line of dialogue from them, and the rest are all 1 button that does nothing on click. I wanna cry.

9.9/10 game, would pay for it a 2nd time if I could actually see and hang out with my kids in it.

Genuinely, if you made a paid DLC for this on steam that just added some postgame fathering and suchlike, my wallet would be a fucking casualty of war and elevate MG1K to 11/10 status.

...speaking of Renryuu... if I had a nickel for every RPGmaker game that revolved around you being a superpowerful half-dragon from humble beginnings with a ranged-attacking childhood ladyfriend, that ends up ruling and building up a small region while knocking up monstergirls left right and center...
I'd only have two nickels, but it's still weird that it happened twice.

4.50 star(s) 102 Votes