TwistedScarlett60

Will lewd cute girls for cash
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
So the number of times we can collect resources is limited. I can easily see myself forgetting to collect after 3 story events, or just getting unlucky and not getting the resources I need to upgrade.
Game design wise, I'll be giving every area 3 story events, and probably a reminder at the end to go back. So, it'd be fairly natural to return to Mistral Village afterwards to collect your resources.

Bruh.... this game is a nonstop grind fest. Totally opposite of the first game. Gonna have to skip this, which is a shame i loved the first game
Serious question, did you leave a comment on the wrong thread? There is literally 0 grinding, in fact, until the last update it was impossible to grind.

How did you end up with such a blatantly incorrect opinion? Either way, you're in luck, because it's not a grind-fest, therefore you don't need to skip it. :unsure: It's a linear story-based RPG Visual Novel. You don't need to repeat a single piece of content, or even a single battle once, nor will I ever expect you to.

If this is about the optional super bosses in the Training Arena, consider me wildered. If people keep committing to ruining their game experience by forcing content clearly not designed to be completed yet, I will remove it until they're possible through natural progression.

And some people have missed this, but this update ends at the Colosseum, there is currently nothing to do there except explore the town.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: RenH

Muityek

Jul 6, 2018
Rather jarring to go from a menu system to suddenly wandering around in the generic RPGM tileset at the collesum. Not sure I'm a fan, I rather enjoyed the visual novel style the game had up to that point.

TwistedScarlett60

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
Rather jarring to go from a menu system to suddenly wandering around in the generic RPGM tileset at the collesum. Not sure I'm a fan, I rather enjoyed the visual novel style the game had up to that point.
It was the best way I could think of handling such a complicated city with so many things to do. Otherwise there'd be menus upon menus.
Jarring yes, but intentionally so. The colosseum is a unique and optional area. Magic Weavers, the Wood Elf Kingdom and the Slipstreams will be the usual menu systems.

Reactions: Muityek

Charl

Dec 14, 2017
Havin' fun with the game! It does seem a little arbitrary that 'daily toil' things that your villagers are working at (presumably) every day, like farming and mining and fishing, require you to complete a unique quest each time you want them to likewise complete a day's work. Do they decide to sleep in if I decide to sleep in? I suppose one option would be if getting an information broker service hooked up in Mistral provided randomly-generated, storyless 'requests' at a given difficulty level. Either you go in blind, or pay a small info fee for a preview of the monsters you'll be facing, to better prepare...

Also it's just plain silly that the Esuna spell costs 20 MP, same as Life. Poisoned is, apparently, no less difficult to cure than dead.

TwistedScarlett60

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
0. Havin' fun with the game!

1. It does seem a little arbitrary that 'daily toil' things that your villagers are working at (presumably) every day, like farming and mining and fishing, require you to complete a unique quest each time you want them to likewise complete a day's work. Do they decide to sleep in if I decide to sleep in?

2. I suppose one option would be if getting an information broker service hooked up in Mistral provided randomly-generated, storyless 'requests' at a given difficulty level. Either you go in blind, or pay a small info fee for a preview of the monsters you'll be facing, to better prepare...

3. Also it's just plain silly that the Esuna spell costs 20 MP, same as Life. Poisoned is, apparently, no less difficult to cure than dead.
0. Thank you!

1. It's more a balancing thing for the game in development. Once the game's finished I might remove that restriction. As of now, I don't want people to min-max the fun out of the game by grinding. If I gave people the option to grind out all the rewards in Mistral Village right now by just sleeping over and over about 50 times, some lunatic might actually do it.

2. That's a pretty good idea. I'm introducing a repeatable quest in the next update too. People have made it clear they want some form of repeatable content, even if it means they overlevel.

3. Esuna is more to be used to counter multiple ailments simultaneously, otherwise you could just use an antidote. However, there is no item bar a remedy that can cure a silenced, sleeping and poisoned individual for instance.

Charl

Dec 14, 2017
0. Thank you!

1. It's more a balancing thing for the game in development. Once the game's finished I might remove that restriction. As of now, I don't want people to min-max the fun out of the game by grinding. If I gave people the option to grind out all the rewards in Mistral Village right now by just sleeping over and over about 50 times, some lunatic might actually do it.

2. That's a pretty good idea. I'm introducing a repeatable quest in the next update too. People have made it clear they want some form of repeatable content, even if it means they overlevel.

3. Esuna is more to be used to counter multiple ailments simultaneously, otherwise you could just use an antidote. However, there is no item bar a remedy that can cure a silenced, sleeping and poisoned individual for instance.
0. No prob!

1+2. Yeah, that makes sense. A little leeway for people to play the game in different ways isn't necessarily a bad thing-- allow some forms of grinding for the people who get a dopamine shot from watching numbers go up, while maintaining the value I presume is important to you, which I gather is 'grinding is never necessary for progress; all content is possible to clear with the resources and tools the game gives you'.

2 1/2. Another possible quality-of-life thing could be streamlining the process of collecting resources from the farm/mine/fishery/shop. It's a lot of menuing to perform, and there's a penalty for forgetting too long. Getting all the resources sent to a little chest icon on the village map? Cutting out the complexity and dropping the goods right into your inventory via delivery when a new batch becomes available?

3. My philosophy on this kind of stuff is, the reason that Life spells are costly is because death is avoidable, and to incentivize you to avoid having to use Life spells regularly. It makes sense for it to be cheaper to heal your party before they die than to bring them back up afterwards; unless you're in over your head, usually you aren't gonna die if you're keeping up with your heals. By contrast, unless you have the foresight to dedicate your gear to status effect resistance (and sometimes even then), if you're facing something like pumpkins or wasps that spam poison attacks, you can very quickly find your whole party poisoned, and it's far less avoidable than taking a death usually is. Your point about it healing all status effects is well-taken; however, that's the only status heal move you get (at level 11, too), and sometimes I'd rather spend MP than money on healing, much like sometimes I'd rather cast cure than use a potion. Keeping Esuna expensive and adding a cheaper, earlier Purify spell specifically for poison (because that one lingers after battle) could be a nice compromise.

Reactions: TwistedScarlett60

dual1020

Dec 2, 2017
Is Wendy's pregnancy available? I see her sprite in the game folder but i havent been able to get her pregnant yet.

TwistedScarlett60

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
Getting all the resources sent to a little chest icon on the village map? Cutting out the complexity and dropping the goods right into your inventory via delivery when a new batch becomes available?
That's a brilliant idea, I'll add it in the next update.

Is Wendy's pregnancy available? I see her sprite in the game folder but i havent been able to get her pregnant yet.
Not yet, you'll have to beat her in the Training Arena first, and I haven't added her battle. She's pretty much a superboss, so don't bet on it happening in the next six months :p

Harkonnan

Give me chiisana oppai!
Game Developer
Oct 24, 2020
Is the Pumpkin Queen supposed to one shot your party? I got to level 8 on my characters and had decent gear and set up for the battle particulars after failing it the first time. It seems no matter what I do (I think its around 6 or 7 rounds into the fight)she one hit kills 2 of my party members then buffs and full heals herself and I'm left with ray at half health every time. And if that's not bad enough if I use mega phoenix to bring back my party she just goes twice and insta-kills them again before they can get any heals or buffs. If I attack with ray I can only manage around 180ish damage on her but she auto heals for 200. So is this battle meant to be unbeatable?

I need to know this because I was really enjoying the game up till this point. But unwinnable battles really piss me of unless they are story centric which this doesn't appear to be.

I tried playing till the outside battle and still the damage to the outside party members was ridiculous. I couldn't heal fast enough to keep any of them alive. I just don't have enough money to buy a bunch of high potions and antidotes to get through that outside battle.

Or is this one of those things where the quest requires level 7 but your expected to farm till level 12 and have all the best gear for that area?

So my guess is am I supposed to grind for money and gear and levels or are you meant to die for story reasons?

Ranoyos

Jan 6, 2019
Is the Pumpkin Queen supposed to one shot your party? I got to level 8 on my characters and had decent gear and set up for the battle particulars after failing it the first time. It seems no matter what I do (I think its around 6 or 7 rounds into the fight)she one hit kills 2 of my party members then buffs and full heals herself and I'm left with ray at half health every time. And if that's not bad enough if I use mega phoenix to bring back my party she just goes twice and insta-kills them again before they can get any heals or buffs. If I attack with ray I can only manage around 180ish damage on her but she auto heals for 200. So is this battle meant to be unbeatable?

I need to know this because I was really enjoying the game up till this point. But unwinnable battles really piss me of unless they are story centric which this doesn't appear to be.

I tried playing till the outside battle and still the damage to the outside party members was ridiculous. I couldn't heal fast enough to keep any of them alive. I just don't have enough money to buy a bunch of high potions and antidotes to get through that outside battle.

Or is this one of those things where the quest requires level 7 but your expected to farm till level 12 and have all the best gear for that area?

So my guess is am I supposed to grind for money and gear and levels or are you meant to die for story reasons?
That part caught me off guard as well, but yes, you are supposed to die in that battle for story reasons. I suggest you reload and do the battle without using up your mega phoenix item,and save it for another battle.

Harkonnan

Give me chiisana oppai!
Game Developer
Oct 24, 2020
Okay I'll do that. I just really didn't want to see a game over screen. I'll reload and let everyone die and see how it goes. At least I won't waste all my items now trying to stay alive.

TwistedScarlett60

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019

You don't need to grind at all, just trust in my game design and play normally. In the Yulia, Keke, Mimi fight, keep Yulia focused on the offensive, her attacks one shot the Pumpkin Minions.

Reactions: wiwem71072

Harkonnan

Give me chiisana oppai!
Game Developer
Oct 24, 2020
I got to the coliseum and was wondering what happened. Did you maybe lose an artist? I really liked the artwork and the blurred backgrounds didn't bother me; in fact it helped me focus on the characters more. So why the switch to the standard RPG Maker style graphics?

TwistedScarlett60

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
I got to the coliseum and was wondering what happened. Did you maybe lose an artist? I really liked the artwork and the blurred backgrounds didn't bother me; in fact it helped me focus on the characters more. So why the switch to the standard RPG Maker style graphics?
Already explained this in another post, but it's a unique thing I'm doing for that city. It'll still mostly be visually novel scenes and style connecting the important parts. It might even happen again much later for another city, who knows. Depends if it feels right or not.

I like throwing in variety to spice things up and keep people surprised.

Ep 5 isn't done though, what you're seeing is just a preview.

4.50 star(s) 103 Votes