Harkonnan

Give me chiisana oppai!
Game Developer
Oct 24, 2020
Already explained this in another post, but it's a unique thing I'm doing for that city. It'll still mostly be visually novel scenes and style connecting the important parts. It might even happen again much later for another city, who knows. Depends if it feels right or not.

I like throwing in variety to spice things up and keep people surprised.

Ep 5 isn't done though, what you're seeing is just a preview.
Ah ok cool. Just got curious because I was expecting another map like the village. Probably should have said this first but your game is really good and I like it a lot. So far all the girls are like-able and the fact it actually has real gameplay is a definite plus for me. I am eagerly awaiting the next release.

Reactions: TwistedScarlett60

phire2

Jun 15, 2021
Game design wise, I'll be giving every area 3 story events, and probably a reminder at the end to go back. So, it'd be fairly natural to return to Mistral Village afterwards to collect your resources.

Serious question, did you leave a comment on the wrong thread? There is literally 0 grinding, in fact, until the last update it was impossible to grind.

How did you end up with such a blatantly incorrect opinion? Either way, you're in luck, because it's not a grind-fest, therefore you don't need to skip it. :unsure: It's a linear story-based RPG Visual Novel. You don't need to repeat a single piece of content, or even a single battle once, nor will I ever expect you to.

If this is about the optional super bosses in the Training Arena, consider me wildered. If people keep committing to ruining their game experience by forcing content clearly not designed to be completed yet, I will remove it until they're possible through natural progression.

And some people have missed this, but this update ends at the Colosseum, there is currently nothing to do there except explore the town.
This is the correct game I am talking about, and I am not wrong about anything that I said. Perhaps you have a narrow view of the definition for "grind". If I am playing a game for X and have to do a lot of Y to get X, doing the Y is grinding. This game requires a lot of time between scenes, I dislike the gameplay and even more so the length of it.

Friendship with benefits was a lot of fun, had awesome art, and I decided to become a patron for a month to check out your other game, Monster Girl 1000. While FwB could perhaps have used some more RPG elements, Monster Girl 1000 is an entirely different play style.

MG1000 requires at the VERY LEAST 5 full minutes between scenes, and that's being generous. Especially when most of the scenes are short and simple. Now, there is nothing wrong with short and simple, like I said I loved FwB. I just absolutely hate the pacing of this game. Short scene ----------> long wait until next scene --------> short scene. Most of the time, between scenes puts me in a focus gaming mood, then after wards the awesome art work in the scene shows and i'm in VN mood, for 1minute? then it's back to the battles.

Sure, it's not calculus levels of difficult battles, but they certainly are not short and simple. Maybe I missed the option to make battles auto win? because if I did I would certainly like to revisit MG1000.

There is nothing "wrong" with the game, I would just tell people interested to understand what this game is and what it isn't. If I added up all the time I spent in this game watching H scenes and all the time I spent in battles, my experience was 10%/90%.

While most games on this site are adult games with rpg elements. This game is an RPG game with adult themes sprinkled in. If I missed a way to auto resolve battles or make them way quicker... Thats possible. and if it is I'm sorry. But I didn't see that option.

TwistedScarlett60

Will lewd cute girls for cash
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
MG1000 requires at the VERY LEAST 5 full minutes between scenes, and that's being generous.
You've got to be kidding, right? :LUL: You think waiting 5 minutes between sex scenes is a quote "nonstop grind fest".

I would just tell people interested to understand what this game is and what it isn't.
Please don't, there's nothing more that pisses me off than people leaving blatant misinformation.

If you don't have the patience to fight one fucking 60 second fight between every sex scene, the game isn't the problem, YOU'RE the problem.

NumbChucker

Aug 26, 2021
I wouldn't bother too much with the occasional comment from people. Think of it as a form of survivorship bias. The people willing to complain about this game on a forum are going to be vocal minority and I can see you're getting frustrated with a lot of it. Hand over heart I think this game achieves an amazing balance so keep doing what you're doing.

RenH

Nov 5, 2020
You've got to be kidding, right? :LUL: You think waiting 5 minutes between sex scenes is a quote "nonstop grind fest".

Please don't, there's nothing more that pisses me off than people leaving blatant misinformation.

If you don't have the patience to fight one fucking 60 second fight between every sex scene, the game isn't the problem, YOU'RE the problem.
I agree with NumbChucker. There are a lot more people being positive about your game than there are that criticise it. This isn't to say that the game is flawless but to just highlight the fact that reception is mostly positive about MG1000.

Having come from My Tuition Academia to check this out, I can definitely tell that this is where the bulk of your efforts go into. The combat is balanced, there isn't much to grind since most fights--barring ones that you are expected to lose--can be won with basic equipment swaps and party management. Paying attention to the combat tutorial helps too. A lot of the focus lies with the plot with emphasis on the VN-style cutscenes. This isn't to say that the erotic content is lacking but there isn't much that scratches that itch My Tuition Academia manages to do. (More Polly content?)

All in all, it's still a work in progress and it shows. And that's okay. If there are any gripes that I personally have, it would be the fact that there really isn't much to do in Mistral Village after you've gone and done every possible quest and knocked up all the girls that could be knocked up. It's small gripe, though since I know there's more to come.

Unrelated but which game was the town map mechanic implemented first? MG1000 or My Tuition Academia? Both look and behave very similar.

NumbChucker

Aug 26, 2021
Unrelated but which game was the town map mechanic implemented first? MG1000 or My Tuition Academia? Both look and behave very similar.
One is on Renpy and another on RPGM. Really they just work with the tools that each engine offers which is why one involves the pixelated character moving around the town and the other has an interactive map to click on things. I feel like the Tuition one is more of a common thing for Renpy games whilst MG1000 is a clever work around of basically making the background an image of a map (with the little points includes) and adding a bunch of invisible things over the top of the red dots (on the image) to interact with.

TwistedScarlett60

Will lewd cute girls for cash
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2019
Admittedly it was interesting criticism, and I love getting criticism no matter how positive/negative, or how well it holds. Everything is subjective.

I've decided to try out a system where the random map encounters will automatically be killed on the map if you're a much higher level than them, and you get to keep the experience and item drops.

But I'm also taking it one stop further by implementing two new difficulty modes, 'Story Mode', and 'RPG Master Mode', these aren't just an easy and hard mode, Story Mode will automatically play and win battles, or lose the necessary ones, while RPG Master mode is for vets looking for a tough as nails challenge, it's a harder mode but you also get bonus experience, gold and item drops. I'll be letting people change the difficulty whenever they want too.

In addition to that, all the writing and art has been finished for episode 5, I'm having my proof-reader go through the 14,500 words while I start coding various things.

Crenishibon

Apr 8, 2020
As someone who mostly enjoys text-based h-games and rpg games in general, this game is amazing from what i've played (version 4.2.2, im at the colosseum), and at that version, sleeping in town didn't progress resource collection, but sleeping in the colosseum inn did, so I did that until I had maxed out the village upgrades! I then used that to get the 180k needed to get the highest tier armor, and then cheesed all the possible training fights XD, the damage over time from the flame armor seems to increase quite a bit the higher level they are (maybe because I also had the other 2 armor that debuffs enemies but im not sure). All I have to say now, is thank you for this amazing game, and I enjoyed the h-scenes, short and simple while being replayable when wanted was very nice. (edit-forgot to add, I can't wait to see what you have in store for the future, best of luck and make sure you pace yourself well to not tire yourself out too much!)

Aggro

May 30, 2017
Right be carefrul opening the menu in the Training arena especially in the combatant select menu. Game doesn't like that at all, even worse if you save you straight up just have basically a corrupted file. Included relevant pic cause I'm too tired to type it out.

clipnote

Sep 28, 2021
Version 4.3.0

I'm at the point in Misty Woods when the gang encounters Mimi again, and the option to "talk to her has been temporarily unlocked", but I can't seem to find where that option is, if it even exists.

I assume this is just a bug, and if so can we know if you are aware of it and are already fixing it/have fixed it for the next update? If this is not a bug and the option is indeed there, then may we know how exactly do we find that option? Thanks in advance.

P.S. I love the style the game pursues, especially the use of blurred (yet beautiful) backgrounds to create a greater focus on the foreground, such as the characters on screen.

SparksPasws

Oct 1, 2021
So i basically completed the story i think, but since im only lvl 11 i cant fight past keke in the training arena(owell) is there a way to edit files for level like i did for the shops? I changed the prices so i didnt have to worry about where i spend money, if not another o well i saw the other game and will try that one out bc it looks similar and i love this game. I love the story it is in my top 3

Last edited:

phire2

Jun 15, 2021
Admittedly it was interesting criticism, and I love getting criticism no matter how positive/negative, or how well it holds. Everything is subjective.

I've decided to try out a system where the random map encounters will automatically be killed on the map if you're a much higher level than them, and you get to keep the experience and item drops.

But I'm also taking it one stop further by implementing two new difficulty modes, 'Story Mode', and 'RPG Master Mode', these aren't just an easy and hard mode, Story Mode will automatically play and win battles, or lose the necessary ones, while RPG Master mode is for vets looking for a tough as nails challenge, it's a harder mode but you also get bonus experience, gold and item drops. I'll be letting people change the difficulty whenever they want too.

In addition to that, all the writing and art has been finished for episode 5, I'm having my proof-reader go through the 14,500 words while I start coding various things.
Sorry if my "criticism" came off angry or antagonistic, I certainly wasn't trying to throw unnecessary hate towards your game. I perhaps had trouble expressing my confusion. I thought mg1000 was going to be similar to FwB, and when it was a lot different than I originally thought, I had a knee jerk reaction and was upset.

Thank you for implementing the story mode, that goes a long way to help me (and I can only assume there are others like me). Cheers and good luck with everything.

f-zoned

Apr 10, 2021
Version 4.3.0

I'm at the point in Misty Woods when the gang encounters Mimi again, and the option to "talk to her has been temporarily unlocked", but I can't seem to find where that option is, if it even exists.

I assume this is just a bug, and if so can we know if you are aware of it and are already fixing it/have fixed it for the next update? If this is not a bug and the option is indeed there, then may we know how exactly do we find that option? Thanks in advance.
You should find an option under Party>Chat. If it's not there it's a bug.
I take that as a challenge. Bring it on! :LOL:

Aggro

May 30, 2017
Messing with reducing Max HP seems to fuck with passive HP regen permanently. Get hit by painful bite and can no longer regen to full from equiped blessings on the character. After the battle when I have max HP debuff removed if I enter another battle and let Passive regen heal to full, it gets full for a moment than goes down about 30 hp after (Almost 1,000 HP max without the debuff). No work around found atm other than don't get bit...

Edit: Turns out issue appears to not arise if there isn't an interaction between HP reduction and passive HP regen (Character gets bit but has no passive regen). But if the interaction takes place it becomes permanent even after battle. Even after Item has been unequipped issue just reappears after re-equipping. Workaround is not to use passive HP regen against the bastards that reduce Max HP, which isn't ideal.

Last edited:

TheDemSoc

Sep 7, 2017
So uh, help? I went to the coliseum and the nurse won't trigger anything. Is there anything I gotta do to advance further? (Android by the way.)
As per earlier posts, the coliseum is the furthest the current release goes, and I think (don't quote me on this) it's not finished?

Haven't gotten that far yet myself, personally, but everyone else has been saying something to that effect.

Incog Ninja

Jul 5, 2020
I have 4.3.0 installed on Android and I'm getting audio loading errors during and after the fight with the Abomination. Then I get stuck at a black screen with "Now Loading" and can't progress any further.

NumbChucker

Aug 26, 2021
I have 4.3.0 installed on Android and I'm getting audio loading errors during and after the fight with the Abomination. Then I get stuck at a black screen with "Now Loading" and can't progress any further.
Update. I vaguely remember this was something that was fixed when the game was updated to the latest android version.

4.50 star(s) 103 Votes