Oluap-Player

Jan 7, 2019
Gorgon's Garden has been updated to fix the shortcut oversight.

Getting an IOError missing music track: music/Forest/Purple Planet Music - Chilled - Desert Winds (3_12).mp3
Where have you experienced this? I assume not in Gorgon's Garden, as it doesn't make use of that music.
Wherever it was, it should've been marked as music/Mountain/, not Forest.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Gorgon's Garden has been updated to fix the shortcut oversight.

Where have you experienced this? I assume not in Gorgon's Garden, as it doesn't make use of that music.
Wherever it was, it should've been marked as music/Mountain/, not Forest.
No, this was just when first entering the mountain one time.

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
No, this was just when first entering the mountain one time.
Someone started a new game, am I right?
In the Montainlift event, there's an instance of: "ChangeBGM", "music/Forest/Purple Planet Music - Chilled - Desert Winds (3_12).mp3"
(in \Events\Mountain\MountainLift.json)

Last edited:
Reactions: L30

Atribator

Dec 23, 2017
There's something wrong.

I played MGD on version 23.4 if I'm not mistaken, it was that or 23.4a, and deleted the game after a while. Now I tried 23.5a, but, well... the church overwhelms me with benefits.

The problem is either on some legacy file form the first version I played, or the code - although the "legacy file" would also include code problem, to a certain extent. I'll explain.

I attached a video from a clean extract of 23.5a; the game/saves folder is empty. Additionaly, I also removed a folder named "MonGirl-1496073722", created on roaming/renpy. This folder had a lot of autosaves and a persistent file, from the older version I suppose. But even with that, if I go to church right after the start, and try to cleanse things, the One True God decides I'm the chosen one, gives me the final donation perk, and enables Lucille right off the bat. As a bonus, I get 80k+ donation points for the blessings/items. If I go back to the cleaning options again, the value increases even more, without me doing nothing.

Either the code has something looping wrong, or the game is getting some leftover atribute from another persistent file on my PC, but I have no idea where else the game stores saves - IIRC, roaming/renpy would be the only place other than the game folder.

As an extra info, this version also generates a folder "MonGirl-1496073722"; I suppose the number should change or something, snce it's a new version. Maybe if the number is different, the game won't grab persistent files from former versions which could still exist in my machine.

So, where else the game stores data? Or is it some bug in code?

Btw, another question unrelated to the situation above.

I never truly understood what these formulae mean:

000651.jpg

In this case, 35 int and 20 luck, So, the part I get is:
- a 17 from base d20 roll;
- (35-5)*0.15 = 4.5, rounded down, 4.
But this one I don't get: 20*0.2=4. Then a d4 roll=3. 7 total.

So, why is the total 24 (17+4+3), and not 28 (17+4+4+3)? Or is it the resulting 4 used as the final die being rolled?
If the result were 8 it would roll a d8 die instead? I never noticed if that thing changed.

Last edited:

L30

Dec 20, 2017
Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate the holiday and for those who do not, I hope that you have a wonderful day as well.

That's a bit different, in that case you're getting pummelled because you're weak to her. In Feng's case, it's an issue when you're strong enough to keep making the dodges, if you're weak you just fail and get hit. Different from getting defeated by a superior enemy, that shouldn't surprise anybody.

Also I don't know if the author of Gorgon's Garden is active here, but in case nobody has mentioned it before the shortcut to Euryale recently added appears before you've met her, or even finished the mountain at all.
Well, all of the discussion about Feng's Combat Event is a moot point now as that is being changed as a part of this bugfix. It will now terminate after dodging three times rather than looping.

Getting an IOError missing music track: music/Forest/Purple Planet Music - Chilled - Desert Winds (3_12).mp3
This has been fixed as well. Just for future reference, providing more initial details like where you encountered the error like you did in your following post would speed up the bugfixing process. Thank you once again for reporting the bug however.

There's an issue with Messina in the Beach Party mod:
View attachment 916499 View attachment 916501
I reported this to Kaa in the modding channel and linked to your post, but it would appear it has already been fixed and a new release with this fix just has not been pushed yet.

For the Feng change, just figured you'd like to know given the recent discussions, Master of Puppets.

There's something wrong.

I played MGD on version 23.4 if I'm not mistaken, it was that or 23.4a, and deleted the game after a while. Now I tried 23.5a, but, well... the church overwhelms me with benefits.

The problem is either on some legacy file form the first version I played, or the code - although the "legacy file" would also include code problem, to a certain extent. I'll explain.

I attached a video from a clean extract of 23.5a; the game/saves folder is empty. Additionaly, I also removed a folder named "MonGirl-1496073722", created on roaming/renpy. This folder had a lot of autosaves and a persistent file, from the older version I suppose. But even with that, if I go to church right after the start, and try to cleanse things, the One True God decides I'm the chosen one, gives me the final donation perk, and enables Lucille right off the bat. As a bonus, I get 80k+ donation points for the blessings/items. If I go back to the cleaning options again, the value increases even more, without me doing nothing.

Either the code has something looping wrong, or the game is getting some leftover atribute from another persistent file on my PC, but I have no idea where else the game stores saves - IIRC, roaming/renpy would be the only place other than the game folder.

As an extra info, this version also generates a folder "MonGirl-1496073722"; I suppose the number should change or something, snce it's a new version. Maybe if the number is different, the game won't grab persistent files from former versions which could still exist in my machine.

This issue has already been reported and will be corrected when the bugfix update is released. It was not strictly a bug per se but rather a leftover testing element that Threshold used to quickly generate Holy Power and go through content Lucille provides and they forgot to disable/remove it afterwards. So it's not anything having to do with old save data. As for save data, the AppData/roaming/renpy and the game installations Game/saves folders are the only places saves are kept by MGD.

EDIT:

000651.jpg

So, why is the total 24 (17+4+3), and not 28 (17+4+4+3)? Or is it the resulting 4 used as the final die being rolled?
If the result were 8 it would roll a d8 die instead? I never noticed if that thing changed.
The formula for a stat check is a d20 roll plus the Relevant stat for the check minus 5 points before being multiplied by 0.15 plus a Luck roll with the size of the die determined by your Luck/5. So the Luck*0.2 in the above that results in a 4 is not a 4 that is automatically added to your total but rather that 4 means you have a d4 Luck roll to add to all your current stat check rolls. If you had 100 Luck, you would essentially have a second d20 to determine whether or not you are able to pass a stat check roll. So another way to look at that formula would be:

Code:
d20 + ((Relevant Attribute - 5)*0.15) + d(Luck/5)
So for that Luck*0.2 = d4 in your case, consider that as being a (Luck*0.2 = d4) with that d4 rolling a 3 in the above along with your base d20 rolling a 17 and your current Intelligence adding a flat 4 to all Intelligence based stat checks.

END EDIT

I do hope that you find this enlightening, Atribator.

Now as for update news, bugfixing is still continuing apace. Other than bugfixing, as mentioned earlier, Feng will no longer use an infinite combo when dodging her attack chain during her combat event. She should now stop after three attacks. Additionally, exploring Venefica's house now has all the proper music calls, so now the music should change and play correctly and provide the appropriate ambiance.

Finally, Threshold has made charts for their own purposes, one chart is for main story critical content and the other is for keeping track of the amounts of content individual characters have. This is just a further refinement of the planning documents Threshold has made and is more of a visualization and memory aid rather than strict planning documents, information, and the like.

EDIT 2 Part I

Just another update to this post to avoid double-posting. For those who would like to see Selena's art but are not supporters, I have excellent news. Selena's art has been implemented and will be part of the next update. Soon it will be possible to see Selena's delightful form in-game.

END EDIT 2 Part I

I do hope that everyone interested in this information finds this at least a little useful.

EDIT 2 Part II

There have also been new developments in terms of modding. A new modder by the name of Byte has released the first iteration of their Nurarihyon mod. This mod currently features two non-repeatable quests in the Mystic Forest. It does not sound like the first quest has any requirements but the second quest requires clearing the Forest Dungeon. While this early stage of the mod cannot currently be easily experienced repeatedly, Byte is looking for feedback on the mod in general. If you do not wish to use Discord and share feedback in the modding related channels, I can always pass along any feedback when next I have a chance to do so.

The Nurarihyon mod can currently be directly downloaded from Discord via this .

I do hope that everyone interested in modding news finds this at least a little helpful.

END EDIT 2 Part II

Last edited:

BytesTheDust

Nov 27, 2020
There's something wrong.

View attachment 916758

The Luck*20 isn't added as a number, but rather determines the maximum number of the second dice roll, in this case: Your luck *0.20 = 4, but 4 isn't added, rather you roll a d4 (instead of a d1, which is the minimum without much luck) and that rolls a 3.
So it's 24 = 17+4+3, which is correct

Last edited:

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Well, all of the discussion about Feng's Combat Event is a moot point now as that is being changed as a part of this bugfix. It will now terminate after dodging three times rather than looping.
Ah, cool. I didn't think it felt right.

I also had a couple of ideas for inventory enhancements it might be nice to see, the first being an option to sort the inventory instead of the items being in the order you picked them up, it gets a bit confusing if you have multiple saves and the items are in a different order. The second would be an auto-sell button, to quickly get rid of useless items like elf herbs or alraune nectar, runes you have more than three of or accessories you have more than one of.

Reactions: Nevart

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
Hey there folks, need abit of help with something, did abit of a mess up and ended up losing all my save files so looks like i'm going to start from scratch, question being:
Anyone got any suggestions for making a quick build to beat the game? i would really appreciate it, feel free to go into detail, it's been ages since i've played a new game lol.

MadFoole

Feb 8, 2020
Hey there folks, need abit of help with something, did abit of a mess up and ended up losing all my save files so looks like i'm going to start from scratch, question being:
Anyone got any suggestions for making a quick build to beat the game? i would really appreciate it, feel free to go into detail, it's been ages since i've played a new game lol.
If you just want to power through the game, you can use the game console to adjust your stats before leaving town.

has the full instructions.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
To that I would like to add skills, too. For the same reason as above. ...Maybe even perks...
Also maybe not add skills you already have in Sex/Kissing... to Seduction, even if they count as such. - Although I might be the only one with that kind of perfectionism problem.
Could be with skills and perks too, sure. I figure items are a bigger deal because there are simply less skills, finding the one you want isn't as much of an issue. And perks you don't need to regularly find and click on.

Reactions: Nevart

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Another minor thing in one of the battles, when two imps are doing the double blowjob thing. When they make you cum the text describes them sharing your cum, however the healing they get from the Semen Eater perk only goes to one of them.

Link_Xp4444

Jan 6, 2018
v23.5b is now out for bug fixes, system/modder things, Selena art, and a few other things!
I hate to say this, but I think the update just busted all the mods. Well, it busted a mod or two - maybe all of them. When you update your save in town you can't interact with the church, the adventurers guild, the inn or anything. All you can do is go inside one of these places and then select the option to leave - you honestly can't do anything in the town anymore. I dunno, maybe I did something wrong. I'll try uninstalling all the mods and then try installing them one at a time to see which one is at fault.

Edit: The Beach mod is broken to hell. It causes those white screen error messages and for all the locations in town to only have the option to 'Leave'. GorgonGarden is experiencing the same problems. So is Ilveria. IzebelsMansion, MariTheButterfly, NightGauntsLair, Waifupocalypse, Wonderland... All of those are broken. However, Oneiros and Pale Priestess still work. I don't know if this information will help those mod owners out or not, maybe they can figure out the problem based on what does and doesn't work.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 83 Votes