Gojii

Oct 29, 2019
From not playing the game but glossing to take as little spoiler as possible, I want to toss this out there. The "Goddess" in the game possibly isn't one on par with what most think of when it comes to those in monotheist faiths. More akin to Eastern/Pagan/Ancient Mesopotamian/Egyptian/Greek Pantheon ones.

Potentially can be slain in the right circumstances, and not some omnipotent being, to where "demi-Gods"/"Demon Lords" and even their subordinates or legendary heroes/villains can bring harm upon them potentially beyond merely sealing them (like some item tied to their divinity that weakens them/lessens their "divine" power when used in a manner).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: decker2

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
Even if he hadn't taken December off, 4-ish months is still within the expected waiting time between updates for the vast majority of games here.
Well, far be it from me to tell anyone what to do with their time and money. If people become impatient and choose to cancel their pledge, they're well within their right to do so. Although I'll say that publicly stating that fact as if it were a threat of some variety isn't going to make the dev work faster.

Reactions: L30

Bronzeswagger

Aug 27, 2018
So MGD is slowly dying too? I guess it's time to cancel patreon pledge , for the time being. No content update since November 13. Next update is most likely bug-fixing again.
Its not dying, its just mainly a bump in the road due to how complex the next part is. And as others have said, Thresh took a small break in December because he got burned out, which is pretty much normal when doing games of this size. Just be patient. Regardless of when, he'll get done when he gets done.

Bronzeswagger

Aug 27, 2018
Small update to my prelude mod, but it may be a week or so later than what I initially planned on for the prelude mod. I think I'm going to be taking a small breath of fresh air and try my best to just make it through this week/weekend. My mom was...um...she was having problems last night while we was asleep and had to be emergencied to the hospital around 1-2am this morning, and by the time they got there with her, she had died of heart failure, and honestly I've been in a state of shock all day, melted down sometime around 2pm today, both irl and kind of in the discord servers and personally if I'm honest with myself, I'm still melting piece by piece.

I had already lost my Dad back in 2018, which was right after I had a successful surgery removing brain cancer that December in 2017, and a lot of my memories are just piling on top of me in general, and I wouldn't of believed that'd now I'd of been by myself only 3 years later, and having to live with my sister and her family. Of course, my Mom was also hers too and the entire house in general has just been a huge period of grief, but if anyone was to say who got hit with it harder, it'd probably been myself cuz after losing my Dad, Idk what I'd of done without my Mom, and if I'm truthful, she had prepared me all this time in case something ever happened and well, today was the first time in a year that I wanted a bottle of rum after trying to quit the stuff due to medical issues, and really the only thing that's been keeping me calm today and my stress down has been my meds & my cigars.

I'm going to try my best to get through all of this, Idk what's fixing to take place and Idk how I'll be trying to pick things up from here, but my Mom would've wanted me to at least try and probably would've quoted a few bible scriptures to me for this very occassion knowing her. I'm not very religious myself but I do hope she'll can be at peace knowing I'm going to give my best shot.

ThresholdMGD

Game Developer
Oct 31, 2017
It's been stated many times that he took December off due to being burnt out, and in January returned to working on the labyrinth part. That is taking so much time due to it being heavily puzzle-based.
Its not dying, its just mainly a bump in the road due to how complex the next part is. And as others have said, Thresh took a small break in December because he got burned out, which is pretty much normal when doing games of this size. Just be patient. Regardless of when, he'll get done when he gets done.
I dont know where people keep getting that I'm working on the Labyrinth??? By all means ive gotten some art pre-emptively and have a solid plan for for it.
But I'm still working to finish up the venefica/elly quest.
I'm pretty sure ive said this before on here...

Also like, to clarify on the months...
December: okay im burned out, i should take time off and do smol update.
Jan: ...wait shit I'm still kinda burned out to hell, and not really being productive at all. So- This is another month off.
Feb: Okay I'm actually starting to feel better! Oh hey I need to get all the managerial(mostly art) stuff caught up on and planning cause Ive been burned out, also setting up a better schedule for breaks/work so I dont implode again. As well as fix some assorted other bugs and junk and even some of the vene/elly stuff. Also my sleep schedule exploded for no real reason.
March: This month. Sleep schedule still kinda imploded to hell, but improving. Getting the vene/elly stuff worked on as well as sorting out art stuff.

I say one plus side to me losing all that time is that I might actually get the art for all 4 sisters for when i work on the labyrinth, cause some of it is taking longer than planned for an assortment of reasons.

Wanideretz

Sep 13, 2018
@ThresholdMGD
There are many lewd games in the making. But:
  • most of them are pure garbage and aiming for fast money
  • many of them are stuck in developement hell
  • only a few get regular updates

You:
  • are building a multi-variant game with huge content gameplay wise and in lore. Even in this state it is fully playable with content for weeks.
  • are charging nothing for the actual version and even your Patreon provided a 1$ pledge only in the past. Only recently with your artist you provide a higher pledge option. Where other developers getting greedy and pump up the numbers you do not.
  • clearly spend the patreon money for game improvements
  • keep regular monthly updates rolling without noticeable breaks since 2017!

Hell after all this constant work and engagement for years you deserve all the breaks you want.

decker2

Jul 6, 2017
i just hope that one day we get to battle fuck all the girls and headpat the goddess in to submission:p
besides not like waiting cost me anything
i never do patreon shit:cool:

Last edited:

Nevart

May 4, 2020
Typos

Elly:

Amy:

Shizu:

Feng:

Thoughts

Will there be named NPC level scaling in the future?
I'd really like to fight against characters like Ancilla at higher levels without completely destroying them with one lucky critical hit.

It would be nice to have the option to fail certain skill checks on purpose. - Like the one where you stay the night at the inn (Trisha) or walk past the mountain slime. At the moment it's almost impossible/very hard to fail these at higher levels without nerfing yourself with equipment, cheats, ...

Wouldn't it be better to have stats cap out at 100 altogether instead of being able to go past 100 with perks and/or equipment?
...Or is that intended?

Are there/Will there be more Perk/Skill/Equipment/Rune/Item ''Uses'' outside of combat besides the collars, the talismans, the -Escape Artist/Expert- perks and the -Teleport- skill?

...And no, I don't mean perks like the -Mushroom Head- one or others given to you by monster girls. - Only perks you can attain by leveling up. - Hence their name in the wiki: Leveling/Level-Up Perks

The ''Uses'' I'm referring to with the -Escape Artist/Expert- perks and the -Teleport- skill:

Escape Artist/Expert:

Teleport:

...Would rather not have to cheat perk points and/or other things just to make sure I don't miss any fun or interesting options in future versions of the game.

Edit: Typo-Clarification

Last edited:
Reactions: L30 and Taisha

ThresholdMGD

Game Developer
Oct 31, 2017
Typos/Missing-/Cut in half-Words/-Point:

Elly:

Amy:

Shizu:

Feng:
When reporting typos please point out the issue directly or add in the presumed fix, cause I am not great at noticing what issue is being pointed out in a line and likely will miss it entirely even if I look it over like, 5 times. xD

Will there be named NPC level scaling in the future?
I'd really like to fight against characters like Ancilla at higher levels without completely destroying them with one lucky crit hit.
This is a planned optional feature I intend to add yeah.
Just dont expect it soon. xD

It would be really nice to have the option to fail certain skill-checks on purpose. - Like the one where you stay the night at the inn, (Trisha) or walk past the mountain slime. At the moment it's almost impossible/very hard to fail these at higher levels without nerfing yourself with equipment, cheats, ...
A lot of skill checks have alternate options prior that are basically the same as failing. Such as asking for more food from trisha.
But I do get if that's not quite what you want. Not sure if there's an ideal solution that would be similar to the above scaling tho that would be really hard to balance...

Wouldn't it be better to have stats cap out at 100 altogether instead of being able to go past 100 with perks, ...? ...Or is that intended?
That's intended. Gear can also do that.

Are there/Will there be more Perk/Skill/Equipment/Rune/Item ''Uses'' outside of combat besides collars, the talismans, the Escape Artist/Expert Perks and the Teleport Skill?
...And no, I don't mean perks like the -Mushroom Head- one or others given to you by monster girls, ... - Only the perks you can attain by leveling up, - hence their name in the wiki: Leveling/Level-Up Perks

The ''Uses'' I'm referring to with the -Escape Artist/Expert- perks and the -Teleport- skill:

Escape Artist/Expert:

Teleport:
Maybe?
Im not exactly consistent atm with the use of such bonuses in anyway.
It's a bit of extra work to add them in, and I do think the game could use some more instances of stuff like that as solutions or boons to situations,
But with how many things there are it's not easy to recall everything that could apply to one situation, and also not potentially overcrowd the list

But most of these are pretty minor changes anyways and have alternate solutions.

Emperor_Arcturus

Jul 18, 2017
Hey Threshold, I've got a question you've probably answered, I was probably the one who asked it a long while back lol, will there be any more Kotone stuff in the future? Kotone best waifu, fight me.

Reactions: L30 and S3ri4l

tony_redgrave

Jan 7, 2018
Hey Threshold, I've got a question you've probably answered, I was probably the one who asked it a long while back lol, will there be any more Kotone stuff in the future? Kotone best waifu, fight me.

If i recall correctly... he has wanted to do more Kotone stuff. But, due to the amount of content she already has when compared to other girls, he's been forced to put her in "sad Kitsune jail" so that he can work on other girls.

Emperor_Arcturus

Jul 18, 2017
F

Well at least he wants to do more, so hopefully he'll do more eventually, though whenever he responds we'll hopefully get a more definitive response

Dushar67

Oct 13, 2020
Can you actually kiss Mika by building her affection? Or am I just wasting my time trying to farm the eros ?

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes