doomgal

Jul 2, 2018
Considering everything new here (and stuff I'd forgotten or overlooked.) it is fairly obvious that the goal of beating the Demon Queen either is a total sham, or else is only part of a greater story we don't yet know. Multiple human organizations, monster organizations, and angels themselves all guiding the hero along what is essentially a curated artificial tour of the continent suggest, to me, one of two main possibilities.

The more sane and likely answer is that the tests we're being put through are just that, tests. Whatever grand design all these groups are working toward require the hero to be really good in the sack, and so we're going through this whole rigamarole to get ready for whatever it is we're supposed to be doing. I'd say the supposedly final confrontation is either a prelude to the final "fight" or maybe the 2/3rds point similar to that game that gets brought up literally every single time we talk about MGD. So we so far don't know who the real enemy is, but we might as we close in on the Demon Queen.

The crackhead conspiracy theorist possibility is that we're being set up either to ultimately fail, or else gain a certain amount of power before being taken and used in whatever nefarious plan "they" have for us. Let's say the current status quo of a slow burn march of coexistence is what "they" want. Some hero coming in all big and badass to wreck things up could speed things up, but perhaps the risk of setbacks and messes happening along the way are too risky. It'd make sense then if we're being drawn along a lighthearted romp through some safe dungeons so we don't get too uppity or pose a real threat until it's time to do away with us.

My final baseless hypothesis is that Venereae wants the D, but only the most potent of chads will do so she's set this up to forge the perfect lover for her.

Feel free to disregard the last two points as the unhinged ramblings they are btw, but I am fairly confident about my first. Always happy to hear about the new artwork. Tell 'em to keep up the good work.
I for one always enjoy reading any theory conspiracy or not as they are fun to consider, so here's a crazy theory about the Goddess as well.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

One thing that I really would like to do is to restore the souls of the people who were unwillingly devoured by succubi or any other kind of soul eater.

I consider such act one of the vilest things that can be done in fantastic settings. It doesn't only terminates one's life but it also dooms his post life as well. It is effectively an anti-miracle and the fact that a non-malicious succubus could (and certainly have) do this by accident doubles the tragedy of this.
Probably impossible seeing as how one succubus alone has eaten millions of souls but I do like the thought and agree if only it were possible. It also raises the question of why a Goddess of Sex and Love would make Monster Girls that do such a thing by instinct.

Reactions: L30 and Nevart
D

Deleted member 2585477

Probably impossible seeing as how one succubus alone has eaten millions of souls but I do like the thought and agree if only it were possible. It also raises the question of why a Goddess of Sex and Love would make Monster Girls that do such a thing by instinct.
We have already entered the realm of impossibility with the act of eating souls alone.

What would be interesting is how it is done and the consequences for the souls and for the eater.

It could be done as a process of repentance: the eater itself going through the motions of restoring and releasing the eaten souls so that they can complete the process of death (resting in peace, reincarnation...).

Or it can be done forcefully and much more painfully by an agent of AUTHENTIC good (hero, god, angel...) if the target is unwilling to give it up. The bricks of power angrily tearing apart from it would be probably a messy vision.

As for the consequences, as it was said the souls could reenter the wheel of life and death but the more revenge prone ones would probably have a word with the former recipient.

As for the soul eater itself, loss of power should be a natural consequence of it. How she or he remains after that is a question.
Weak but relieved and more at peace and if done willingly or shredded and ruined if not.

Would one be brave and humble enough to give away its power for the salvation of others and her own?

decker2

Jul 6, 2017
One thing that I really would like to do is to restore the souls of the people who were unwillingly devoured by succubi or any other kind of soul eater.
What would be interesting is how it is done and the consequences for the souls and for the eater.

It could be done as a process of repentance: the eater itself going through the motions of restoring and releasing the eaten souls so that they can complete the process of death (resting in peace, reincarnation...).

Or it can be done forcefully and much more painfully by an agent of AUTHENTIC good (hero, god, angel...) if the target is unwilling to give it up. The bricks of power angrily tearing apart from it would be probably a messy vision.

As for the consequences, as it was said the souls could reenter the wheel of life and death but the more revenge prone ones would probably have a word with the former recipient.
i say it depends on whether that soul still exist (sealed, kept somewhere)
or if it has been completely absorbed/digested as food

if eaten and absorbed/digested:
it's dead and can be resurrect/reincarnat
a top class necromancer or god can do it...

if sealed:
it can be released into a body mostly through possession or life on as a ghost
i also add that there are beings who can leave their body as a ghost at will

also
I for one always enjoy reading any theory conspiracy or not as they are fun to consider, so here's a crazy theory about the Goddess as well.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

i'm pretty sure venereae is the one god of that world, there is no other
lucile says so and she's been around the longest

the fact that she can change reality so no one can be killed/die anymore
(except getting his soul sucked out:cautious:) is prove for that
edit: the demon queen did it

sure venereae is not perfect and her creations turned against her but she means well
as lucile says: the goddess loves all

thats why im not sure if that island is a vacation/refuge or exile/prison for all the monster girls
considering the difference in power scale it could be both :unsure:

Last edited:

beldr

Aug 8, 2017
Venerae did no such thing, the current Demon Queen did the spell and people can die.
The spell just disables violence, but you can still die poisiones, sick, old age, an accident, etc.

Reactions: L30

Oluap-Player

Jan 7, 2019
If I'm being perfectly honest, I imagine a lot of these details as being stuff Threshold has not really considered. Perhaps I underestimate his planning but MGD's storytelling doesn't feel particularly deep for such questions to be relevant. He's free to bonk me for this comment whenever he checks through the thread again :HideThePain:

On the topic of soul-eating demons and Venereae, if I had to take a genuine guess, it'd fall under two assumptions (which by themselves assume Venereae created monstergirlkind, which is not confirmed):
1) Venereae is clearly celestial, angelic, not demonic. Demons are not associated with her at all. For all we know Venereae has a demonic counterpart in an equivalent of Hell.
2) Demons did not exist at first, and only became a thing with the first Demon Queen. Perhaps she's the demonic counterpart? She was already powerful enough to lock the goddess away for a long time, which implies some level of near-godlike power.

D

Deleted member 2585477

If I'm being perfectly honest, I imagine a lot of these details as being stuff Threshold has not really considered. Perhaps I underestimate his planning but MGD's storytelling doesn't feel particularly deep for such questions to be relevant. He's free to bonk me for this comment whenever he checks through the thread again :HideThePain:
When a creator does good world-building and characters but leaves room to mystery, be it on purpose or simply because the work is not complete yet, the fans minds are left to wonder and fill the gaps. Nature abhors a vacuum.

It is one of the reasons Touhou is so successfull. Zun leaves something to the unknow.

That and also the cute girls and not being greed or butthurt with fanworks.

EtIbIrPUYAUMD0N.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

decker2

Jul 6, 2017
Venerae did no such thing, the current Demon Queen did the spell and people can die.
The spell just disables violence, but you can still die poisiones, sick, old age, an accident, etc.
you're right elena says that at the beginning my bad:oops:
i guess the goddess is much weaker than i thought....

that makes me think of another theory:unsure::
the demon queen initiate the end of the war invited all the other monster girl to her island
to test her new spell.
and is currently working on spreading the spells range around the world
or she just wants her island to be a save vacation/refuge for the girls

Last edited:

doomgal

Jul 2, 2018
We have already entered the realm of impossibility with the act of eating souls alone.

As for the soul eater itself, loss of power should be a natural consequence of it. How she or he remains after that is a question.
Weak but relieved and more at peace and if done willingly or shredded and ruined if not.

Would one be brave and humble enough to give away its power for the salvation of others and her own?
I do agree with having entered the realm of impossibility, so I will concede the fair point that if you can do the impossible of eating a soul then maybe restoring a soul might be possible. That does raise a new question for me which is simply. Is the soul you restore the original soul? I mean if the soul has been eaten is there 'leftovers' of it that you gather up and remake or do you start from scratch and have to remake the entire thing? And if the latter half is correct then would it even be the original soul or just a new soul that believes itself to be the original soul? (Sort of like the grandfather's axe paradox but with souls instead)

i'm pretty sure venereae is the one god of that world, there is no other
lucile says so and she's been around the longest

edit: the demon queen did it

sure venereae is not perfect and her creations turned against her but she means well
as lucile says: the goddess loves all

thats why im not sure if that island is a vacation/refuge or exile/prison for all the monster girls
considering the difference in power scale it could be both :unsure:
I mean if the goddess is not omnipotent, omniscient, and/or omnipresent then what really differentiates the Goddess from a Super Powerful Demon Queen? I mean at that point any sufficiently powerful Monster Girl should have an equal claim to being a Goddess.

On the topic of soul-eating demons and Venereae, if I had to take a genuine guess, it'd fall under two assumptions (which by themselves assume Venereae created monstergirlkind, which is not confirmed):
1) Venereae is clearly celestial, angelic, not demonic. Demons are not associated with her at all. For all we know Venereae has a demonic counterpart in an equivalent of Hell.
2) Demons did not exist at first, and only became a thing with the first Demon Queen. Perhaps she's the demonic counterpart? She was already powerful enough to lock the goddess away for a long time, which implies some level of near-godlike power.
Oh I have no doubt this is the fever dream ramblings of us here on F95zone but it's fun to froth at the mouth and howl at the moon every once in a while ;P

As for your points. (this is also assuming the Goddess created both groups but if she didn't she starts having even less claim to divinity)

1. Holy energy just seems to be a different form of Demonic energy so you could make an argument that anyone who could wield one of those forms of energy could learn to use the other. Otherwise how would the original Goddess have created any Monster Girls since they all require demonic energy to some degree or another. Also, if there was a counterpart to Venereae in an equivalent Hell then we'd have two divine beings so her claim to being the only god would be pretty weak.
2. If the Original Goddess didn't create Demons I think she'd be giving them more of a stink eye (if she even is the original goddess). Sort of like "Hey, you're the creation of my archenemy and you've been literally sucking the soul out of all my loved ones both Monster Girls and Humans (allegedly beloved in this case) maybe back off from the two groups till I find out how to deal with you." That being said it could be possible that is the case and they were created by the first Demon Queen.

CHEERS TO ALL FOR READING!

Last edited:

New Kid

Apr 2, 2018
Hmmm, I could swear Kotone bit me at some point during her storyline... doesn't that contradict this supposed omniscient spell? Or bitting doesn't count as violence? Because it sure as hell wasn't an accident as she was lashing out.

MadFoole

Feb 8, 2020
Hmmm, I could swear Kotone bit me at some point during her storyline... doesn't that contradict this supposed omniscient spell? Or bitting doesn't count as violence? Because it sure as hell wasn't an accident as she was lashing out.
"Biting is like kissing except there's a winner." ~The Doctor's Wife, "The Doctor's Wife"

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
The spell doesn't seem to cover accidents, but only when somebody is deliberately trying to hurt someone. As that was a reflex and she wasn't intending to do it, the spell didn't do anything.

D

Deleted member 2585477

I do agree with having entered the realm of impossibility, so I will concede the fair point that if you can do the impossible of eating a soul then maybe restoring a soul might be possible. That does raise a new question for me which is simply. Is the soul you restore the original soul? I mean if the soul has been eaten is there 'leftovers' of it that you gather up and remake or do you start from scratch and have to remake the entire thing? And if the latter half is correct then would it even be the original soul or just a new soul that believes itself to be the original soul? (Sort of like the grandfather's axe paradox but with souls instead)
Well, that will depend in what the writer defines as the rules of magic.

Considering that the Divine is the creator of souls, to restore them to their original form before being devoured would require divine proficiency, skills that are in the realm of saints, great priests and people who are intermediaries for the (in case of this game) the goddess power.

If a mage tried this I imagine the results would be rather... incorrect. Fantasy mages are basically fantastic scientists and both of them cannot predict the full results and consequences of their discoveries, inventions and experiments.
Loss of memory, pieces of the original soul missing, other pieces amplified, soul mixing, trauma of the devouring super amplified, pieces of the devourer making part of the restored... Fun stuff...

beldr

Aug 8, 2017
As they said, it seems it makes it so it is impossible to hurt someone willingly. Kotone did it by reaction, the same as Jora slamming you against the wall with her tail when turning around.
Also seems to be some sort of line between hurting for pleasure (using whips and such) and using something with the intention to hurt.

Facha1234

Mar 11, 2019
Also seems to be some sort of line between hurting for pleasure (using whips and such) and using something with the intention to hurt.
That's the reason we can strike the enemy with a whip or Demon Layer (since the first it's a sex weapon and the other a holy relic mean to use like a normal whip, in addition to channelling holy power through it)

HeRoIOS

Jan 18, 2020
The excuses do seem to be getting more and more complex. I don't get why people just won't come out and say they can't be bothered going through the game proper and just want to see the lewds. They'd be more likely to get what they want that way.
i see what you mean but no i actually beat the game a month or two ago and deleted it because i got bored of it and now since it has had a few more updates i wanted to play it again and had to install it, and play without my saved files

Fatal756

Apr 30, 2020
i see what you mean but no i actually beat the game a month or two ago and deleted it because i got bored of it and now since it has had a few more updates i wanted to play it again and had to install it, and play without my saved files
Do you mean beat the game as in, unlocking all areas?

Dec 10, 2019
So MGD is slowly dying too? I guess it's time to cancel patreon pledge , for the time being. No content update since November 13. Next update is most likely bug-fixing again.
It's been stated many times that he took December off due to being burnt out, and in January returned to working on the labyrinth part. That is taking so much time due to it being heavily puzzle-based.

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes