ThresholdMGD

Game Developer
Oct 31, 2017
Hmm... how about adding a simple ''choice window'' after succeeding at these skill checks? One choice would be to simply ''Proceed'' and the other could be something along the lines of ''You don't feel very lucky today...'' - which would prompt the scene as if you had failed the skill check.
I feel like something like that would kinda slow/bog things down a bit too much?
I'm still a little uncertain on some of the stuff for surpassing failed stat checks lol

True. Still, I'd at least like to know about them. I just have to... know this... juicy information... *cough*
...How do you feel about adding a single line for perks/skills that do/can help you in certain situations?
In the level-up/shop windows I mean. Right below their respective descriptions.

For example: Escape Expert

''Become even more elusive, increasing the chance of getting out of stances by 20%, your ability to break out of restraints by 20%, and your chance to successfully run away from fights by 20%!
Requires the following perks: Escape Artist.
You need 40 Technique to learn this perk.
This perk may help you in certain situations outside of combat.''

Teleport:

Costs 25 ep. Uses Intelligence.
Teleport a short distance, freeing yourself from any restraints or grasps.
Removes all stances and restraints.
You need 40 Intelligence to learn this skill. You only have 1.
This skill may help you in certain situations outside of combat.
Status Effect Chance: 68%
Yeah smol notifications on some skills/perks like that would probably be a good idea... :unsure: I'll need to consider it for sure.

Has anyone requested a faster way to mass sell items? A sell all button or being able to hold the mouse down would be a great QOL change.
Holding shift will make it increment by 5s, but obvs not the ideal fix for what people want on clearing out loot items and stuff. xD

Hey Threshold, I've got a question you've probably answered, I was probably the one who asked it a long while back lol, will there be any more Kotone stuff in the future? Kotone best waifu, fight me.
Yeah as has been mentioned by others, I'd like to add more, but really shouldn't until I round out some of the other characters who need stuff more.
And catch up in the things ive wanted done for a while.
But there will be more mofu eventually.

Burnout is the fucking devil when it comes to smutwriting, and I wish the dev the best in overcoming it.

I just finished binging through most of the existing content, and I have to say, it's a pretty fabulous game.
Yes it is! xD
I think I'm through the worst of it now and it's just getting things moving again.

Thank you very much for checking out the game, glad to hear you enjoyed it so much! : D

L30

Dec 20, 2017
Hello everyone, apologies for the lack of responses for the past couple of weeks. Work is still quite busy but there have been... decent improvements. Still too many tragedies in a day really, but the numbers I'm witnessing in a day are better than they have been in months.

Considering everything new here (and stuff I'd forgotten or overlooked.) it is fairly obvious that the goal of beating the Demon Queen either is a total sham, or else is only part of a greater story we don't yet know. Multiple human organizations, monster organizations, and angels themselves all guiding the hero along what is essentially a curated artificial tour of the continent suggest, to me, one of two main possibilities.

The more sane and likely answer is that the tests we're being put through are just that, tests. Whatever grand design all these groups are working toward require the hero to be really good in the sack, and so we're going through this whole rigamarole to get ready for whatever it is we're supposed to be doing. I'd say the supposedly final confrontation is either a prelude to the final "fight" or maybe the 2/3rds point similar to that game that gets brought up literally every single time we talk about MGD. So we so far don't know who the real enemy is, but we might as we close in on the Demon Queen.

The crackhead conspiracy theorist possibility is that we're being set up either to ultimately fail, or else gain a certain amount of power before being taken and used in whatever nefarious plan "they" have for us. Let's say the current status quo of a slow burn march of coexistence is what "they" want. Some hero coming in all big and badass to wreck things up could speed things up, but perhaps the risk of setbacks and messes happening along the way are too risky. It'd make sense then if we're being drawn along a lighthearted romp through some safe dungeons so we don't get too uppity or pose a real threat until it's time to do away with us.

My final baseless hypothesis is that Venereae wants the D, but only the most potent of chads will do so she's set this up to forge the perfect lover for her.

Feel free to disregard the last two points as the unhinged ramblings they are btw, but I am fairly confident about my first. Always happy to hear about the new artwork. Tell 'em to keep up the good work.
Your final hypothesis is actually not that uncommon of a theory. There are a few theories that the various trials faced on Lucidia are to shape and prepare a worthy partner for either the Demon Queen or Venereae. So the first and third hypotheses do somewhat go hand in hand. But if the third does not apply and the tests are designed for another purpose, this could tie back into the "Ancient Evil" sealed beneath the Mountain and/or whoever that was that assaulted Venefica, depending on whether or not they're one and the same.

Considering how the world, Human society, and Monster Girl society have been progressing, the current Demon Queen as well as the former Demon Queens who are still around like Sofia do not seem to be the real enemy. Similarly, based on Venereae's actions since her return and the actions of her Angels since then, she does not seem to be the true enemy either, so it does not seem like an Ilias situation will happen. So for true antagonistic forces that leaves us with the remaining True Succubi, the previously mentioned "Ancient Evil" if she is real, whoever that was that assaulted Venefica and whatever she was attempting to do if she is not said ancient being, Fallen Angels, the Slaver faction of Monster Girls should they attempt a coup against the current leadership, and perhaps the Purity Heretics if they decide to try that same ritual as that murder cult Sofia wiped out did and attempt to drain Venereae of some of her divine power to create their ideal Goddess of Purity before going full Deus Vult and launching a crusade in her name or under this new goddess' command.

So there are a few potential true foes that the tests could be preparing us for to create a Human champion to help further smooth out relations. Sure, current leadership has True Succubi as criminals to be reported and dealt with showing good will on their part but having a Human counterpart could allay any concerns back in the Human kingdoms while also presenting a united front for coexistence if said champion was also evenhanded in dealing with both Human and Monster Girl criminals in a similar fashion.

Well, just more potential food for thought, Mustang Flex.

Sometimes there is no deeper or hidden meaning to the random/everyday events in life.

This is starting to feel like the Rick and Morty fandom, complete with the writers saying "shit doesn't matter" repeatedly and the fans posting 50 vids a week on the deeper hidden meanings to things on the show.
Yeah, it is completely possible that we're just way off the mark and none of it really matters. All of the lore could just be well-arranged fluff to occupy the reader in between pieces of content that really matters and what most players were likely initially drawn here for, wholesome Monster Girl content.

You could be absolutely correct, TFM. So I guess it's time to keep calm and huff the fluff.

One thing that I really would like to do is to restore the souls of the people who were unwillingly devoured by succubi or any other kind of soul eater.

I consider such act one of the vilest things that can be done in fantastic settings. It doesn't only terminates one's life but it also dooms his post life as well. It is effectively an anti-miracle and the fact that a non-malicious succubus could (and certainly have) do this by accident doubles the tragedy of this.
Restoring souls is a wonderful sentiment, but it may not be at all possible depending on how thorough a soul's destruction is when fully consumed. Those Succubi who keep souls in that happy eternal honeymoon dreamscape and only partially consume them could likely allow those souls be removed from their body and restored to the proper vessel but if the Succubus went through the True Succubus process of annihilating the soul for more power and/or pleasure, there may not be anything to restore. At best, it'd likely be akin to trying to remove and reconstruct a past meal a person has had from their body after it has been fully processed by the digestive system and even that comparison may be generous with regards to any remnants that may exist and the possibility of such a feat.

Well, that will depend in what the writer defines as the rules of magic.

Considering that the Divine is the creator of souls, to restore them to their original form before being devoured would require divine proficiency, skills that are in the realm of saints, great priests and people who are intermediaries for the (in case of this game) the goddess power.

If a mage tried this I imagine the results would be rather... incorrect. Fantasy mages are basically fantastic scientists and both of them cannot predict the full results and consequences of their discoveries, inventions and experiments.
Loss of memory, pieces of the original soul missing, other pieces amplified, soul mixing, trauma of the devouring super amplified, pieces of the devourer making part of the restored... Fun stuff...
While not a perfect comparison, we can see the difficulties of working with souls via mortal magic by examining Feng. Kotone combined an ancient Jiangshi creation ritual with various other necromantic rites in an effort to resurrect Feng. She managed to reanimate Feng, rebind her soul to her body, and even make her independent of, but still able to be affected by, various talismans, but Feng's original self and memories are dormant within the subconscious of her new persona and has so far only been brought closer to the surface while Feng is dreaming. So just from Feng, we can see that there would likely be a large number of issues with a soul restoration spell created and used by a mage. A dissociative fugue seems to be one of the best case scenarios one could expect from such an attempt.

I do hope that you find this informative, None000.

I for one always enjoy reading any theory conspiracy or not as they are fun to consider, so here's a crazy theory about the Goddess as well.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I can't say I recall ever seen a theory about Venereae like this one.

It is an entertaining theory, doomgal.

Hmmm, I could swear Kotone bit me at some point during her storyline... doesn't that contradict this supposed omniscient spell? Or bitting doesn't count as violence? Because it sure as hell wasn't an accident as she was lashing out.
Yes, Kotone does bite you when trying to help her deal with the trauma of her past. Threshold has clearly stated that it was intended behavior of the enchantment in the past. Now, they didn't clarify on how it was intended behavior, so there is a little speculation on why Kotone was able to successfully bite and cause harm. One theory would be it was purely accidental as Kotone was lashing out in a panic. Intentional harm is clearly blocked such as why Kyra trying to slash you with her sword results in it phasing through you but why an accidental bite from Kotone or an unintentional whack from Jora's tail and subsequent slam into the wall as she turned around happened.

Another theory follows off the logic that the barrier does allow for some pain and harm in certain circumstances. The enchantment is obviously able to read intentions and as it allows for BDSM, enjoyable pain is permissible as it is potentially welcomed by the recipient. Now the speculation comes into harm allowed for intentions of self-defense. While violence is prevented by the enchantment by and large, there are still ways to harm someone. Beyond soul targeting effects, attacking the mind is one potential vector as that does not involve physical violence or harm as well as potential confinement to possibly try and break someone as that can also possibly be attempted without using physical violence. So it is possible that the barrier could allow for violence to escape situations like that if the intended victim feels truly imperiled. While Kotone was not in any danger, her mental state due to her trauma could have made her fear for her life and the enchantment allowed her to lash out to protect herself.

An accidental occurrence slipping through and happening is probably more likely given accidents have been documented but it is worth noting that the enchantment could be sophisticated enough to potentially allow for more vigorous defenses if necessary as some limited forms of pain and harm are permitted in certain circumstances, New Kid.

i see what you mean but no i actually beat the game a month or two ago and deleted it because i got bored of it and now since it has had a few more updates i wanted to play it again and had to install it, and play without my saved files
Ignoring that you've slightly changed your story as before you stated that you did not save...

Can someone give me a completed game file i beat the game but i didnt save :(
Deleting the game actually does not delete your saves. MGD uses redundant saving and not only creates saves in the save folder of the installation's game folder, but saves are also created and stored in the RenPy folder of AppData's roaming folder if you are playing on PC. So you'd not only have to delete the game but delve into AppData and delete your saves there to get rid of them. Unless you're playing on Android, a different device, or otherwise had a data wipe, you'd still have your saves unless you went through the trouble of hunting down and deleting this secondary folder of saves. It's why when a new version of MGD is released, you can just delete the old installation and play on a new clean installation of the game and still have all your saves when playing on PC as the game will check for and copy those saves from AppData if they are present and the game's local save folder is empty. MGD also creates auto-saves in the auto-save page, so you'd have those as well even if you did not save while playing.

Normally I would have let this lie, but I'm sharing this information as it could potentially misinform other players.

As mentioned in my previous post, I did attach the most recent rendition of my cheat start save to help you if you'd like it or need it, HeRoIOS.

So MGD is slowly dying too? I guess it's time to cancel patreon pledge , for the time being. No content update since November 13. Next update is most likely bug-fixing again.
Thank you for your support thus far. I hope that you are still able future updates of the game. I do have potentially good news as the ETA of the next update has been tentatively set for March 20th, so perhaps that release will brighten your hopes for the future of MGD.

Thanks once again and I hope that you remain an active member of the community, SlimeCrow.

Wouldn't it be better to have stats cap out at 100 altogether instead of being able to go past 100 with perks and/or equipment?
...Or is that intended?
Threshold responded to everything but I wanted to elaborate on their response to this. In the past before the big balance update, stats from Perks did go towards the total cap of 100 in a particular attribute. However, it was not perfect as you could game the system by increasing a stat to 100 and then obtaining the perk to still push the attribute above 100 or you could say take Mysterious Allure to drop your Willpower by 13 and then invest points into it to raise it back to 100 before removing the perk and having 113 Willpower to supercharge the old mage builds before the Intelligence-Willpower split. The changes made for the current attribute system removed the ability to game the system in this way and helps keep the system more uniform. The other solution would have been to say refund attribute points if a new perk, or removing an old perk, would have raised an attribute above 100, but that could have gotten messy and possibly resulted in lost stat points due to bugs.

Looking at it another way, 100 is the natural cap you can reach as a normal Human but having enhancements and blessings from Monster Girls can help raise you to supernatural levels of talent and ability surpassing pinnacle of what humans are normally capable of or cursing you and preventing you from reaching that potential in the case of the side effect from say Sofia's Mysterious Blessing.

I do hope that you find this informative, Nevart.

Has anyone requested a faster way to mass sell items? A sell all button or being able to hold the mouse down would be a great QOL change.
While not ideal, you can hold shift while clicking on the arrows to increase the increments by 5 rather than 1. Perhaps once I have my free time restored and the pandemic isn't causing insane work weeks, I can try to mod the shopping system and add a few QoL buttons like an input value button to type in selling X amount and a sell all button for when clearing out vendor trash. No promises though as I certainly do not have the time to attempt such an endeavor for the foreseeable future.

While this is not much, I do hope that this is a satisfactory answer, indyc.

Hey Threshold, I've got a question you've probably answered, I was probably the one who asked it a long while back lol, will there be any more Kotone stuff in the future? Kotone best waifu, fight me.
On the last update plans post on Patreon, Threshold did note that they would like to create more Kotone content but she is currently in "sad Kitsune jail" as tony_redgrave noted as she has the most content of any singular character in the game. Threshold already has the art assets for her seven, eight, and ninetails variants, so she's ready for more story content at any time in terms of art assets. One way we may receive more Kotone content sooner would be Feng's storyline considering those two characters have very intertwined stories. While you may not have to romance both of them to advance with their stories, they will very likely be involved with each other as Feng is probably Kotone's largest lingering regret and trauma while Kotone may have the tools to help reconcile past and present Feng once she is aware that her friend of old is not gone yet. So Feng's story represents an opportunity to advance with one, the other, or both girls if you are pursuing both of them as their shared traumatic past represents an opportunity to strengthen the bond with both of them as well as restore their bonds of friendship.

Threshold is the only true authority on the matter, but I do hope that this is an adequate answer at the moment, Emperor_Arcturus.

Burnout is the fucking devil when it comes to smutwriting, and I wish the dev the best in overcoming it.

I just finished binging through most of the existing content, and I have to say, it's a pretty fabulous game.
Thank you very much for the kind words and for plugging MGD on your blog, Fen.

Can you actually kiss Mika by building her affection? Or am I just wasting my time trying to farm the eros ?
Yes, you can kiss her as you build up her affection. Mika will be open to more intimate acts like kissing once you reach 75 points of progress/affection with her, making the action a helpful indicator of how far your relationship with her has progressed. At lower levels of affection, she'll just see you as a friend with benefits, but as your relationship progresses, she'll start to hope and see the potential for something more. As a result, she'll be more open to intimacy but you can also break her heart if you are not careful. I penned a detailed walkthrough for Mika and it can be found on this of MGD's wiki if you require assistance with advancing through her content.

I do hope that this fully answers your question, Dushar67.

Now for the update news, as I mentioned above, the tentative ETA for the next update is March 20th. That is not a firm date however and it is subject to change, but here's hoping that all goes as well as possible. As for other update related news, Stella the Bag Mimic does have her art assets available for viewing. ADOPOLICH did an excellent job with Stella and took advantage of the general lack of description for her to really lean into the imagery of her name. So yes, you can look forward to seeing a strong star motif in her design such as star-shaped pupils as well as Stella generally being a precious human glitter bomb. One of her eyes is hidden behind her hair as well to help further give an idea as to what she may look like. Finally, while not related to game development, Fenoxo was kind enough to plug the game on his blog. Here's a to the relevant post if you'd like to read what he had to said about MGD and perhaps peruse his and Savin's works if you have not done so already.

I do hope that everyone interested in this update news finds this at least a little useful.

EDIT: Looks like Threshold posted both here and on Patreon while I was working on this during my little mini-breaks. In the latest Patreon post, Threshold has teased new background art for the Church. Houpo, the artist for characters like Lillian and the Harpies, is responsible for the Church background art. So this is quite a welcome surprise and will help the Town become a little more fleshed out in terms of art.

Last edited:

Dushar67

Oct 13, 2020
Hello everyone, apologies for the lack of responses for the past couple of weeks. Work is still quite busy but there have been... decent improvements. Still too many tragedies in a day really, but the numbers I'm witnessing in a day are better than they have been in months.

Your final hypothesis is actually not that uncommon of a theory. There are a few theories that the various trials faced on Lucidia are to shape and prepare a worthy partner for either the Demon Queen or Venereae. So the first and third hypotheses do somewhat go hand in hand. But if the third does not apply and the tests are designed for another purpose, this could tie back into the "Ancient Evil" sealed beneath the Mountain and/or whoever that was that assaulted Venefica, depending on whether or not they're one and the same.

Considering how the world, Human society, and Monster Girl society have been progressing, the current Demon Queen as well as the former Demon Queens who are still around like Sofia do not seem to be the real enemy. Similarly, based on Venereae's actions since her return and the actions of her Angels since then, she does not seem to be the true enemy either, so it does not seem like an Ilias situation will happen. So for true antagonistic forces that leaves us with the remaining True Succubi, the previously mentioned "Ancient Evil" if she is real, whoever that was that assaulted Venefica and whatever she was attempting to do if she is not said ancient being, Fallen Angels, the Slaver faction of Monster Girls should they attempt a coup against the current leadership, and perhaps the Purity Heretics if they decide to try that same ritual as that murder cult Sofia wiped out did and attempt to drain Venereae of some of her divine power to create their ideal Goddess of Purity before going full Deus Vult and launching a crusade in her name or under this new goddess' command.

So there are a few potential true foes that the tests could be preparing us for to create a Human champion to help further smooth out relations. Sure, current leadership has True Succubi as criminals to be reported and dealt with showing good will on their part but having a Human counterpart could allay any concerns back in the Human kingdoms while also presenting a united front for coexistence if said champion was also evenhanded in dealing with both Human and Monster Girl criminals in a similar fashion.

Well, just more potential food for thought, Mustang Flex.

Yeah, it is completely possible that we're just way off the mark and none of it really matters. All of the lore could just be well-arranged fluff to occupy the reader in between pieces of content that really matters and what most players were likely initially drawn here for, wholesome Monster Girl content.

You could be absolutely correct, TFM. So I guess it's time to keep calm and huff the fluff.

Restoring souls is a wonderful sentiment, but it may not be at all possible depending on how thorough a soul's destruction is when fully consumed. Those Succubi who keep souls in that happy eternal honeymoon dreamscape and only partially consume them could likely allow those souls be removed from their body and restored to the proper vessel but if the Succubus went through the True Succubus process of annihilating the soul for more power and/or pleasure, there may not be anything to restore. At best, it'd likely be akin to trying to remove and reconstruct a past meal a person has had from their body after it has been fully processed by the digestive system and even that comparison may be generous with regards to any remnants that may exist and the possibility of such a feat.

While not a perfect comparison, we can see the difficulties of working with souls via mortal magic by examining Feng. Kotone combined an ancient Jiangshi creation ritual with various other necromantic rites in an effort to resurrect Feng. She managed to reanimate Feng, rebind her soul to her body, and even make her independent of, but still able to be affected by, various talismans, but Feng's original self and memories are dormant within the subconscious of her new persona and has so far only been brought closer to the surface while Feng is dreaming. So just from Feng, we can see that there would likely be a large number of issues with a soul restoration spell created and used by a mage. A dissociative fugue seems to be one of the best case scenarios one could expect from such an attempt.

I do hope that you find this informative, None000.

I can't say I recall ever seen a theory about Venereae like this one.

It is an entertaining theory, doomgal.

Yes, Kotone does bite you when trying to help her deal with the trauma of her past. Threshold has clearly stated that it was intended behavior of the enchantment in the past. Now, they didn't clarify on how it was intended behavior, so there is a little speculation on why Kotone was able to successfully bite and cause harm. One theory would be it was purely accidental as Kotone was lashing out in a panic. Intentional harm is clearly blocked such as why Kyra trying to slash you with her sword results in it phasing through you but why an accidental bite from Kotone or an unintentional whack from Jora's tail and subsequent slam into the wall as she turned around happened.

Another theory follows off the logic that the barrier does allow for some pain and harm in certain circumstances. The enchantment is obviously able to read intentions and as it allows for BDSM, enjoyable pain is permissible as it is potentially welcomed by the recipient. Now the speculation comes into harm allowed for intentions of self-defense. While violence is prevented by the enchantment by and large, there are still ways to harm someone. Beyond soul targeting effects, attacking the mind is one potential vector as that does not involve physical violence or harm as well as potential confinement to possibly try and break someone as that can also possibly be attempted without using physical violence. So it is possible that the barrier could allow for violence to escape situations like that if the intended victim feels truly imperiled. While Kotone was not in any danger, her mental state due to her trauma could have made her fear for her life and the enchantment allowed her to lash out to protect herself.

An accidental occurrence slipping through and happening is probably more likely given accidents have been documented but it is worth noting that the enchantment could be sophisticated enough to potentially allow for more vigorous defenses if necessary as some limited forms of pain and harm are permitted in certain circumstances, New Kid.

Ignoring that you've slightly changed your story as before you stated that you did not save...

Deleting the game actually does not delete your saves. MGD uses redundant saving and not only creates saves in the save folder of the installation's game folder, but saves are also created and stored in the RenPy folder of AppData's roaming folder if you are playing on PC. So you'd not only have to delete the game but delve into AppData and delete your saves there to get rid of them. Unless you're playing on Android, a different device, or otherwise had a data wipe, you'd still have your saves unless you went through the trouble of hunting down and deleting this secondary folder of saves. It's why when a new version of MGD is released, you can just delete the old installation and play on a new clean installation of the game and still have all your saves when playing on PC as the game will check for and copy those saves from AppData if they are present and the game's local save folder is empty. MGD also creates auto-saves in the auto-save page, so you'd have those as well even if you did not save while playing.

Normally I would have let this lie, but I'm sharing this information as it could potentially misinform other players.

As mentioned in my previous post, I did attach the most recent rendition of my cheat start save to help you if you'd like it or need it, HeRoIOS.

Thank you for your support thus far. I hope that you are still able future updates of the game. I do have potentially good news as the ETA of the next update has been tentatively set for March 20th, so perhaps that release will brighten your hopes for the future of MGD.

Thanks once again and I hope that you remain an active member of the community, SlimeCrow.

Threshold responded to everything but I wanted to elaborate on their response to this. In the past before the big balance update, stats from Perks did go towards the total cap of 100 in a particular attribute. However, it was not perfect as you could game the system by increasing a stat to 100 and then obtaining the perk to still push the attribute above 100 or you could say take Mysterious Allure to drop your Willpower by 13 and then invest points into it to raise it back to 100 before removing the perk and having 113 Willpower to supercharge the old mage builds before the Intelligence-Willpower split. The changes made for the current attribute system removed the ability to game the system in this way and helps keep the system more uniform. The other solution would have been to say refund attribute points if a new perk, or removing an old perk, would have raised an attribute above 100, but that could have gotten messy and possibly resulted in lost stat points due to bugs.

Looking at it another way, 100 is the natural cap you can reach as a normal Human but having enhancements and blessings from Monster Girls can help raise you to supernatural levels of talent and ability surpassing pinnacle of what humans are normally capable of or cursing you and preventing you from reaching that potential in the case of the side effect from say Sofia's Mysterious Blessing.

I do hope that you find this informative, Nevart.

While not ideal, you can hold shift while clicking on the arrows to increase the increments by 5 rather than 1. Perhaps once I have my free time restored and the pandemic isn't causing insane work weeks, I can try to mod the shopping system and add a few QoL buttons like an input value button to type in selling X amount and a sell all button for when clearing out vendor trash. No promises though as I certainly do not have the time to attempt such an endeavor for the foreseeable future.

While this is not much, I do hope that this is a satisfactory answer, indyc.

On the last update plans post on Patreon, Threshold did note that they would like to create more Kotone content but she is currently in "sad Kitsune jail" as tony_redgrave noted as she has the most content of any singular character in the game. Threshold already has the art assets for her seven, eight, and ninetails variants, so she's ready for more story content at any time in terms of art assets. One way we may receive more Kotone content sooner would be Feng's storyline considering those two characters have very intertwined stories. While you may not have to romance both of them to advance with their stories, they will very likely be involved with each other as Feng is probably Kotone's largest lingering regret and trauma while Kotone may have the tools to help reconcile past and present Feng once she is aware that her friend of old is not gone yet. So Feng's story represents an opportunity to advance with one, the other, or both girls if you are pursuing both of them as their shared traumatic past represents an opportunity to strengthen the bond with both of them as well as restore their bonds of friendship.

Threshold is the only true authority on the matter, but I do hope that this is an adequate answer at the moment, Emperor_Arcturus.

Thank you very much for the kind words and for plugging MGD on your blog, Fen.

Yes, you can kiss her as you build up her affection. Mika will be open to more intimate acts like kissing once you reach 75 points of progress/affection with her, making the action a helpful indicator of how far your relationship with her has progressed. At lower levels of affection, she'll just see you as a friend with benefits, but as your relationship progresses, she'll start to hope and see the potential for something more. As a result, she'll be more open to intimacy but you can also break her heart if you are not careful. I penned a detailed walkthrough for Mika and it can be found on this of MGD's wiki if you require assistance with advancing through her content.

I do hope that this fully answers your question, Dushar67.

Now for the update news, as I mentioned above, the tentative ETA for the next update is March 20th. That is not a firm date however and it is subject to change, but here's hoping that all goes as well as possible. As for other update related news, Stella the Bag Mimic does have her art assets available for viewing. ADOPOLICH did an excellent job with Stella and took advantage of the general lack of description for her to really lean into the imagery of her name. So yes, you can look forward to seeing a strong star motif in her design such as star-shaped pupils as well as Stella generally being a precious human glitter bomb. One of her eyes is hidden behind her hair as well to help further give an idea as to what she may look like. Finally, while not related to game development, Fenoxo was kind enough to plug the game on his blog. Here's a to the relevant post if you'd like to read what he had to said about MGD and perhaps peruse his and Savin's works if you have not done so already.

I do hope that everyone interested in this update news finds this at least a little useful.

EDIT: Looks like Threshold posted both here and on Patreon while I was working on this during my little mini-breaks. In the latest Patreon post, Threshold has teased new background art for the Church. Houpo, the artist for characters like Lillian and the Harpies, is responsible for the Church background art. So this is quite a welcome surprise and will help the Town become a little more fleshed out in terms of art.
I accidently mistook you for the developer just disregard this lol

Last edited:
Reactions: L30

ThresholdMGD

Game Developer
Oct 31, 2017
I just wanna say that I'm really enjoying your game so far, and good job. The girls are all really fucking hot, the combat and rpg elements are amazing and well implemented. I wasn't all that big on text based porn, but you really opened my eyes to how good it can be. I'm kind of hoping though that you'll add an affection meter for more of the monster girls especially Vivian and the Oni sisters. Hopefully we can sex fight Vivian at some point . Also, speaking of Vivian I don't know why, but I have this weird feeling that she's actually the Demon queen.
Just for some clarity, L30 isn't a developer for MGD.
He's a very dedicated poster about the game though and very much likes helping people out and stuff tho. : D

Also Vivian is completely trustworthy, and not the demon queen. : D

Dushar67

Oct 13, 2020
He's a very dedicated poster about the game though and very much likes helping people out and stuff tho. : D

Oh, damn sorry about that man. I'll repost my comment back to you, really sorry about the mistake.

Dushar67

Oct 13, 2020

I just wanna say that I'm really enjoying your game so far, and good job. The girls are all really fucking hot, the combat and rpg elements are amazing and well implemented. I wasn't all that big on text based porn, but you really opened my eyes to how good it can be. I'm kind of hoping though that you'll add an affection meter for more of the monster girls especially Vivian and the Oni sisters. Hopefully we can sex fight Vivian at some point . Also, speaking of Vivian I don't know why, but I have this weird feeling that she's actually the Demon queen.

Dushar67

Oct 13, 2020

I don't know about Vivian man, she seems a little suspicious. But considering your the developer ill take your word for it. But I'm still going be keeping a closer eye on her, if you know what I mean :sneaky:

D

Deleted member 2585477

I have talked about the realm of possibility (consuming souls is already impossible, etc...) with Doomgal. I have concluded that such a feat should only be possible in the realm of great miracles, a true divine power, ultimate good faith that can override not only real world logic as magic does but even the logic of magic itself.

Still, to add something to the conversation, why I am so hang up on this? Because I consider the eradication and digestion of the soul of someone, specially of an innocent soul in which it had no fault, an act of ultimate darkness waaaay beyond rape, torture or murder because you deny any hope of salvation or peace to that soul in this life or beyond. Instead, it gets oblivion.

In Ravenloft and the Old World of Darkness this soul erasure were treated as one of the darkest points of the setting, and with reason.

Having a setting where there is themes of light vs dark and good vs evil where evil can do such an act to an innocent with no hope of restoration is a big damn despair pill.

For this world it is even worse because the succubi can do it not only on purpose but also by complete accident. Imagine if one good succubus did that by accident to a guy she really loved (story hook, here)... There would be no amount of therapy and anti-depressants to solve that. And beyond the individual point, if any other race perceives what can happen would one accuse of them of being "prejudiced" if they wanted to segregate themselves apart from beings that need sex to live but can eradicate your soul while doing it?

Well, instead of only complaining I may offer a solution. It could be a rule of the Creator, that a soul can never be completely erradicated so while a soul can be eaten and used as a limited power source (like a battery that never expires) its fundamental core can never be broken.

Elityn

Jul 18, 2017
Gdrive tells me that too many users did accessed the file today.
Anonfiles tells me 404 not found.
LetsUpload loads... and loads... and loads... and doesnt work xD

I cannot download the last windows version from any source. There is any other way?

Edit: i got the download from the Itch.io webpage ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: L30

New Kid

Apr 2, 2018
I have talked about the realm of possibility (consuming souls is already impossible, etc...) with Doomgal. I have concluded that such a feat should only be possible in the realm of great miracles, a true divine power, ultimate good faith that can override not only real world logic as magic does but even the logic of magic itself.

Still, to add something to the conversation, why I am so hang up on this? Because I consider the eradication and digestion of the soul of someone, specially of an innocent soul in which it had no fault, an act of ultimate darkness waaaay beyond rape, torture or murder because you deny any hope of salvation or peace to that soul in this life or beyond. Instead, it gets oblivion.

In Ravenloft and the Old World of Darkness this soul erasure were treated as one of the darkest points of the setting, and with reason.

Having a setting where there is themes of light vs dark and good vs evil where evil can do such an act to an innocent with no hope of restoration is a big damn despair pill.

For this world it is even worse because the succubi can do it not only on purpose but also by complete accident. Imagine if one good succubus did that by accident to a guy she really loved (story hook, here)... There would be no amount of therapy and anti-depressants to solve that. And beyond the individual point, if any other race perceives what can happen would one accuse of them of being "prejudiced" if they wanted to segregate themselves apart from beings that need sex to live but can eradicate your soul while doing it?

Well, instead of only complaining I may offer a solution. It could be a rule of the Creator, that a soul can never be completely erradicated so while a soul can be eaten and used as a limited power source (like a battery that never expires) its fundamental core can never be broken.
According to Sophia there are laws in place preventing the worst forms of soul eating, and the ones that happened are from a long time ago, so the people that had their souls eaten back then are probably long dead and rotted by now, there would be no vessel in which to put anything back. She even complains that if anyone wanted to eat a soul in the present days they would have to keep the person alive in a dream like state and that she never did that.

Reactions: Nevart
D

Deleted member 2585477

According to Sophia there are laws in place preventing the worst forms of soul eating, and the ones that happened are from a long time ago, so the people that had their souls eaten back then are probably long dead and rotted by now, there would be no vessel in which to put anything back. She even complains that if anyone wanted to eat a soul in the present days they would have to keep the person alive in a dream like state and that she never did that.
Well, the bodies are dead and rot, but I would still want to restore or free the souls devoured, even if it is only so that they can be freed and reach the next life and be in peace.

Just a fun thing I have imagined: a powerful succubus (like Sofia) releasing all the souls she consumed... and powering down becoming a level one imp, but with the same personality.

Last edited by a moderator:

loGic21

Mar 14, 2019
Gdrive tells me that too many users did accessed the file today.
Anonfiles tells me 404 not found.
LetsUpload loads... and loads... and loads... and doesnt work xD

I cannot download the last windows version from any source. There is any other way?

Edit: i got the download from the Itch.io webpage ;)
I get that message as well with Gdrive. You can try log into your google account to download it, works for me.

Reactions: Elityn

doomgal

Jul 2, 2018

I mean it's illegal to eat souls like a True Succubus doesn't mean it isn't happening or isn't happening often. In fact Sofia says that if you meet any True Succubi that she is an authority figure to report them to so there is probably soul eating going on in the modern day.

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes