IcemanR

May 1, 2019
Does anyone know how to get the wonderland mod to work? I can get every other current mod to work but not this one. Does it come with instructions that I just can't bloody see?!

Oct 26, 2017
Venefica update: I think I can now fully reproduce Elly's quest bug. Fortunately, it's nothing big, but it does potentially prevent players who like repeatable dialogue (and scenes) from getting the scenes. Then again, confronting Venefica too soon will also do just that.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If this matters, before finally confronting Venefica, without touching anything (just collected intel, unlocked all of her scenes and perks with the absolute minimum, grabbed all the items and sniffed her boots until she fucked me silly) and without even having her call me out on asking too many questions:
"Head over to Elly's table.": 74
"'Bon Bon Bun'": 333
Saw in the changelog Tabitha got art. I have no idea who she is. Can anyone tell me?
You meet her in the Echoing Chambers in the caverns.
lots of useful info +
Thank you very much for this. Wasn't even aware.

Reactions: L30

ThresholdMGD

Game Developer
Oct 31, 2017
View attachment 1195424
So yeah, anyone knows how to solve this? it never happened with other renpy games :/
There's a line in script.rpy: define config.gl2 = True
Set this to False and your game will run, the experimental appearance shifty thing will break, but that's not exactly important atm.
You should be able to do this with just the basic .txt editor.
It's from a newer feature from renpy that they're still updating, so I'm not shocked that some people are having issues with it.
I just thought it'd make the feature not work, and not stop the game from running entirely on some thingy.

like i love the game but getting one piece of art and some bug fixes is trash
I understand your frustration, but for the recent update, are you disregarding the Bubble Slime art? Or Tabitha's art?
And there is def more than bug fixes in that update, the color shifting thing was done pre-emptively to see how it works, and it apparently explodes on some computers. So huzza for learning.

You're telling me that the devs are three years in and haven't even made lewd cgs for any of the monster girls?
Aiko booba soonish.
I def didn't want to rush into implementing it, so I collected feedback first. Which is why the appearance shifting thing exists. Given how open ended the player description is.
And I've been focused on getting character cg for the gals first.

So I just want to clarify, there's still no new story content, and the game ends just before the fourth dungeon's(the tunnel) exit? Am I understanding that correctly, if so when is the story going to progress, in any regard,
Not yet, currently playing catch up on stuff that needs to get done before I dig into the labyrinth stuff now that Venefica is dealt with.

also the amount of bugs seem to be increasing, is that what's preventing the continuation of this game,
Not really?
Bugs and game development kinda just happen, I do my best to catch and fix as many of them as I can before releases though.

If the issue is a lack of ideas, I'm positive that I(if you would like my help with ideas/story please pm me), and or any number of people are willing to help.
Time and burn out have been the bigger issues recently.
I can assure you I have no shortage of ideas. : D

why is this game taking so long in development. this game started in 2017 and its now 2021 for a text based game
Wait this game started in 2017?
as others have stated this game was started 4 years ago and while I love this game, I'm disappointed that so little content has been added in that time.
I mean. It's not like I've been working at the game at the same pace the entire time of its development? It's changed a lot due to one reason or another.
And that's not including how resources have shifted over time as well.
As well as me getting better at writing, and improving the systems I'm working with.

Like, here's the first version of the game I made, way back when.

Though this was also prior to that initial release date by a few months, I think? But then I didn't really touch this combat demo for months until I started actually working on the game. :unsure: It's been a while lol.

But I honestly do think a lot has been added to the game since then.
If you're only counting main story stuff I can understand the annoyance though.

Jul 5, 2020
There's a line in script.rpy: define config.gl2 = True
Set this to False and your game will run, the experimental appearance shifty thing will break, but that's not exactly important atm.
You should be able to do this with just the basic .txt editor.
It's from a newer feature from renpy that they're still updating, so I'm not shocked that some people are having issues with it.
I just thought it'd make the feature not work, and not stop the game from running entirely on some thingy.
So, i actually encountered another way for the game to run, in some other command, tbh maybe i should do what you said but so far so good with the game, dunno if it will crash or something for doing that 1621117654774.png

Last edited:

Oct 26, 2017
Eep. Full body mirror breaks Night Mistress Tabitha.
Seven more years of doom, but what's seven years to us non-humans anyway?

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
Whe Android?
I believe that it was on android, but due to technical problems the APK was taken down until it gets back into a workable state. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though, anyone.

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
Anyone getting "No DC" in the corner of the screen? I read it comes from this game?
I get that with pretty much all of the Ren'Py games I play, not sure what causes it or what it means but it doesn't seem like it really does anything, so...

ShinKazama

Jan 7, 2018
So, I just had a parsing error, first time I've ever had this happen to me. Here the error log:

And, just for full disclosure, I'm doing a trick I read in the forum to bypass the new system requirements of version 7.4 by copying the "game" folder of the new version of MGD into an earlier 7.3 version I had... I really hope the bypass isn't the cause of this error...

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
I have a ton of mods with my current version of the game V23.5

I guess that if I download the latest version of the game, all the mod listed as "broken" on the wiki won't work ?

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
So, I just had a parsing error, first time I've ever had this happen to me. Here the error log:

And, just for full disclosure, I'm doing a trick I read in the forum to bypass the new system requirements of version 7.4 by copying the "game" folder of the new version of MGD into an earlier 7.3 version I had... I really hope the bypass isn't the cause of this error...
It seems likely that is the problem, since the way Matrixcolor works changed in 7.4. Do you know if it's hardware or software that you don't meet the 7.4 requirements for?

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes